Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Site Issues Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/)
-   -   Re Alphabetizing Templates & their Instructions (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/re-alphabetizing-templates-their-instructions-146161/)

tamba1 05-14-2006 04:01 AM

Re Alphabetizing Templates & their Instructions

Alphabetizing Templates & Instructions

Hi if I am being dense forgive me, I have spent quite some time mooching around your FAB website and this weekend also joined the Dirty DozenFan club wow what an Aladdins Cave of goodies awaits me there.

Now on the main site its probably me being thick, but is there anywhere I can find the Templates and instructions in Alphabetical order... if not I KNOW this is a BIG ask but any chance this could be part of another revamp...

The Alphahbetizing of resources is fantastic ... and something like this for Templates would be invaluable and save a lot of time. So we could simply find "Notecard Holders" for example ....by looking under N

I will try to clarify:
There are quite a few templates/patters/instructions for diff types of note card holders folders etc but finding them took me quite a long time.. ( no doubt me being daft apologies if I am doing this wrong & PLEASE DO tell me )

Having searched in the resources forum for "Note Card holders" I get 2 pages of hits.. http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...archid=1633687

I then systematically go through those hits searching for what I am after .. the challenge has been seeing what I like then trying to find the instructions andin many cases PMing people ....

if this is not the right way PLEASE tell me the best way to find things ( like for example how to find a certain template and its instructions) at the moment I am bouncing backwards and forwards searching for things ...

Many Thanks
tamba1

jbalcer 05-14-2006 05:44 AM

The patterns and things in that forum are all attachments to posts, and there's no real way to organize the threads alphabetically. You'll see the most recent threads on top, and the older ones will follow.

Having a place to upload patterns and instruction sheets to one place so that you can SEE what you are getting, and not have to search is something that we've talked about in the past. Hopefully we can get it done!

ps - seems like you're searching pretty well!

tamba1 05-14-2006 10:13 AM

Hi Jenn

Thanks for "filling me in" I was wondering if it was just me being stoopid or not knowing my way aroudn this site well enough..????

I have been thinking about this and am wondering about the following "workaround" solution ...

One idea is that when anyone posts Pattern templates Instructions etc they also post something on a master document with a link to the location of it .. That way the template could be in the deepest darkests depths of the forum but everyone would be able to find it by going to the alphabetized master page/s...?

This could either be something like a table ( though tables can get very long) hmm or it could be a form at the bottom of the "POST" form where the poster pumps in the Template name - Instructions etc and that info could be mirrored onto the master sheet/page ... You could go one step further and make it necc for poster to post additional info in order to save the doc for times when ther is no addit info they coudl click on a "no addit info button"

Or looking at this from a completely different angle - maybe there is a way to create a search facility using script/code that ONLY searches the relevant Titles, that way the searches would not come up with lots of hits, just because one or ore of the searched words appaears somewhere in those postings..

Instead it could come up with 1 or more MORE MEANINGFUL hits form the Subject title. OK it would mean we all have to use decent titles that reflect the type of doc eg "5x4 Note Card Cover template" or something like that .. the point is I would be looking for Note Card Covers so the search would find it ... but better still if I were looking for 5x4 cards the search would still find it

Umm I hope that makes sense

Look forward to your reply
Cathy