Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Questions & a few frustrations.......

Hi,

Before I get into my questions and frustrations, I have cleared, cleaned and dusted the cob webs of my cache, cookies and browsing history. I've tried everything else I can think of, unless of course there is something I'm not aware of to try! I hope someone can help me!

1. When viewing the gallery it has become extremely frustrating when I click on a specific card to view, and then click on the heart to save it to my favorites, I have to click back 3 or 4 times to return to the main page. After I've clicked my way back, it becomes even more frustrating because it will not return to the same page I was on, but in fact it returns to a page that is minimally 2 weeks old! Today, I attempted to view "today's additions" and after viewing a card, it returned first, to a paged dated April 13th, and the second time April 20th, and finally April 17th. I have to return to the home page and start all over. This is is beginning to sour me on viewing the gallery, it's worse if I leave a comment on someone's creation. I don't know if has anything to do with the addition of the twitter and pinterest buttons that have been recently added, but it seems to have gotten worse for me, and I do not use twitter, pinterest or Facebook. For awhile, it was great to be able to click a specific card, leave your comment, favorite it and be back to the main page you were on to begin with, relatively quickly. It's become so cumbersome to do this now, I find it too time consuming, and believe me when I say this is my favorite site to visit and the one I spend the most time on.

2. The question I have, is when I view cards in the gallery I can view 96 per page, but when I go into view my favorites gallery, I am only able to view 48 per page, any idea why that is? Lord knows I have plenty in my favorites, maybe the solution is to remove them? Would less saved allow you to view more per page? Please advise.

I hope someone is able to offer some suggestions and/or help. Your time is most appreciated!!!

Kind Regards,
Dotty
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 395 Likes on 182 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi Dotty...

1. Okay - are you using internet explorer? Because I think this is an IE issue. If you use Chrome or Firefox, you will not have to hit back more than once. As far as returning you to an old page, that is definitely a caching issue in your browser - that is completely bizarre. Try switching to FF or Chrome and let me know what happens. I promise you that is not a normal user experience and I can see how it would be extremely frustrating!

2. Once you set your viewing preference to 96 it should stick. That is cookie driven I believe. However, if you've cleared your cookies, to fix #1, it would blow that setting out and you'd have to set it one more time to make it stick.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just chiming in here because previously I noticed your advice in this forum regarding Chrome or Firefox working better than IE on SCS, Lydia....I always had the problem of not being able to return to the page I was on after commenting or favoriting...I downloaded Chrome and it's been working like a dream...I can go back to a previous page no matter what now! Thanks! Hope you get things sorted too, Dotty!
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 228 Likes on 169 Posts

I think 48 has always been the maximum per page in favourites - deleting some certainly won't make any difference.
I've never tried Chrome, but I've had to use Internet Explorer quite a bit in the last week when things were slow and wonky here, and you definitely don't need the back button nearly so much in Firefox. I'm so glad things are back to normal and I can ditch IE!!
Hope you solve your frustrations and can have happy times in the galleries again.
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you Lydia, for your suggestions, I will check into Chrome and Firefox as I currently do have IE. As far as the favorites go, I've never been able to choose 96 as an option for my favorites, it only offers me 12, 24, or 48. I was wondering why, as I can choose 96 in the main gallery which is how I normally view them, but when it comes to "my favorites" the max is 48, I was just curios as to why.

Thanks to Bridget and Sabrina for your replies as well, it's comforting to know that it's not just me being "user challenged" and going crazy!! One more reason why I love this place and the people here!!! . Thanks again!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 97 Likes on 45 Posts

In your faves you can change your options to 96 and here's how:

While in your faves folder, change your viewing options to something different than what you have. Doesn't matter what, just make it different. Up in the address bar, you get a really long address that includes those options. Somewhere in that address you will see something like this: perpage=48&cat (mine says 48 since that is the option I changed to). Change ONLY the numbers to 96 (be really careful that you don't make ANY other change. Then hit "enter". You will request 96 per page.

Now, the only quirk to this is that sometimes you won't actually get 96. I was on 96, changed it to 48 so that I could do these directions, and when I went back to 96 I only get 90. I've found that 90 is what I usually get on IE, while Safari always gives me 96. Oh, well.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 228 Likes on 169 Posts

How interesting! That's new to me. Firefox will only let me have 90.
Thanks for teaching me something new today .
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 439 Posts

Have you tried opening them in a new window? Once you view them or fav them you can close that window and still have the previous window open...am I making sense? I will go try to do it and get you some better directions. I use IE and don't have any problems at all.
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 439 Posts

When you are in the gallery, right click on the picture and choose open link in new tab. Once you favorite it, just close that tab. You can open several and have a lot of tabs open, just look at them, favorite if you want and close each tab as you go. Then you can just go into your favorites to see the ones you just favorited are all there. HTH