Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with new scanner!

I just got an HP Photosmart 3210 all-in-one....I scanned a card, then uploaded it to SCS. When I went to look at the card it's teeny tiny! I want it to be the same size as the (only) other card in my gallery (that pic was taken with my digital camera). After I scan it, it is a tif file so I have to change it to a jpg so it will be accepted by SCS. I don't see anywhere in the book where it tells me how to make it bigger! There is an option called "change size"...when I click on that, I get a choice of email,web blog, or current size. So far I have sent one current size....no good, email size...no good. I also changed the size of the scan to 50% and saved it....but that seems to only work when you are just viewing it. So maybe it's the blog size? Any scanner wizards out there? I have more cards to scan, but don't want to until I know what I'm doing wrong. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!
Check out my Scooby photoshow!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

In the sizing box, there's no mention of pixels? What mode are you scanning in? Sounds like it's set for some sort of auto mode and you need to be able to make more adjustments. Somewhere in your book it should tell you about the different settings for doing the scanning itself (like what resolution you want, etc.). I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with HP's scanners at all...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Hi and thanks for the reply...I did notice that the pixels differed from the scan vs the pic I took with the digital camera. Back to the drawing board!!! :^)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2006, 07:15 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm not familiar with HP scanners either, but you might also want to look for percentage-type size adjustment setting. That's how my scanwizard sets resolution in basic mode - 50%, 75%, 100%, 150% of original, etc. It uses standard print resolution of 300 screen pixels/printed inch to determine what the final pixel size is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2006, 08:23 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobydoo7
Hi and thanks for the reply...I did notice that the pixels differed from the scan vs the pic I took with the digital camera. Back to the drawing board!!! :^)
So if you can actually see the pixel size of the scan, can you change it? It's been awhile, but seems like I generally make the longest side 450 pixels and have it keep proportions the same...do you see anything that gives you options like that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2006, 07:27 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
So if you can actually see the pixel size of the scan, can you change it? It's been awhile, but seems like I generally make the longest side 450 pixels and have it keep proportions the same...do you see anything that gives you options like that?
I will try that....thanks to you and everyone else for your input!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2006, 06:51 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobydoo7
I will try that....thanks to you and everyone else for your input!!!
Nancy, on my HP software, once the scan comes up on the menu, I click on the edit tab at the top and then I use the crop option, which is on my left hand side of the screen...I click crop and then crop out the white, blank space and then click on apply...POOF!! Full size card!

Hope you figure it out!! It was frustrating for me the first day or so until I figured out how to do it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2006, 07:00 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30
Nancy, on my HP software, once the scan comes up on the menu, I click on the edit tab at the top and then I use the crop option, which is on my left hand side of the screen...I click crop and then crop out the white, blank space and then click on apply...POOF!! Full size card!

Hope you figure it out!! It was frustrating for me the first day or so until I figured out how to do it!
Would you believe I just figured it out today??? Oh, how frustrating it was! I never thought of "crop" because I had been using my camera and there was no need to crop! One of the IT guys at work told me that once I went to SCS and showed him what I meant. I talked to 2 different people at HP support...neither one suggested that, must have assumed I had already done it? Well, now I have no more excuses....my teeney (and very plain) gallery will be built soon.......thanks for your input!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes