Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Email notifications?

Is it just me or does everyone get 75+ email notifications when they upload their cards? I'm not kidding I have OVER 75! Is this a fluke? Are you having trouble on your end? Does someone just hate me? I never know where to place my uploads, so I leave that to you and I do apologize for that, but what good would it do me to put them somewhere, because when I have tried that, they get moved anyway? It's okay that everything goes into my member gallery. I don't put things in the SUO because most of the time it really is NOT SU ONLY, there are elements of the card that are NON SU.

Anyway, I hope this was a one time thing? Please advise?

Thank you for your help and thank you for your time!

My best creation is my children. -Diane von Furstenberg

Last edited by Celisa; 07-28-2012 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: Tried to DELETE this and don't know how? I don't want to complain! I appreciate all the time, work, and effort of everyone!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Are you really getting 75 emails? Like you uploaded one card and go 75 copies of the same email saying it was moved? Or one got moved 75 times? (which I don't think happens...)

SUO is a keyword, not a gallery, so a card can't be moved to SUO. If you use SU (O)nly products, use that keyword. If you use mostly SU products, use the keyword SUM - for SU (M)ostly.

If you use any SU stamp set, always choose that set gallery for your card, even if the card is not SUO. Otherwise, your Member Gallery is a good choice.

If you used an SU stamp set and put the card in your member gallery, our wonderful team of volunteer moderators will move your card to the proper SU set gallery. With 2+ million uploads it's important to keep the gallery organized for all of our members - it's one of the things people love most about the site.

We also do cleanups, where older cards get moved to their proper spot that might have been missed.

I have a link in my signature to a short video that explains the best way to upload your card and the difference between keyword galleries and actual gallery categories - that might help.

In the meantime, help me understand the 75 emails or forward them to us at help at splitcoaststampers dot com.

Thanks!
Hardware Hotshot

Hi and thank you for your reply! Since returning from Convention, I have been sick and not feeling very well. I tried to delete this comment and couldn't? I don't usually go to any forums to chat and don't know much about how they work. I'm so not a computer person, that I feel fortunate that I even figured out how to do what I have done on here!

If I could have deleted this I would have. I chalked it up to being sick and not well. I hate to complain as life is just too short to be unhappy and it is so much easier to be happy and in a good mood all the time!

This site is wonderful! I love it here and everyone I have come into contact with is so nice, friendly, and helpful! I really feel like you do that this is a wonderful site. I don't blog, tweet, fb, or pinterest but I use this for all my non SU cards and other things non SU related.

As for the emails, maybe it wasn't 75+? I've already deleted them, but I know I deleted 60 for sure, as my screen lists 20 per page and I did that 3 times, plus I deleted 3-5 one at a time before deleting the 3 pages. Then there were some on a 4th page, can't remember exactly how many. So for sure there were 63-65+ email notifications?

They said upload approval on them. After the 3-5 I deleted one at a time, I was just frustrated and stopped opening them and just did a delete all that I checked to get rid of them. I was overwhelmed, so I wanted help to know if I did something wrong, so I could correct it. I really just wanted to send a private or personal question, I had no intention of putting something out there on here for others to read. I apologize for that!

It was probably just a glitch or something? I will try to get to the short video and read it.

In the past, I have had duplicate notifications, but never this many. I did upload 9 cards on here last night. I don't usually do that many at once, but with all the traveling I have been doing, I was and still am a little behind and was just trying to catch up a bit.

In the future, I will try harder to put things where they belong. I don't want to be a bother to anyone. I so enjoy being here!

Again, thank you for your reply and thank you and all the others for all the time you put into SCS so that we all have a great paper/card website!

So sorry I bothered you with this and if you know how to delete it, go ahead, I tried to and couldn't figure it out!

Thanks again, Celisa

Oh you're so sweet - no worries at all!

Okay - you will get a notification for each card you upload when it's been approved, unless you're a member of the Fan Club - if you join the Fan Club your uploads are instantly available and do not need to be approved by our moderators. So you definitely would have gotten a lot if you uploaded 9 cards, which by the way is awesome Thank you!

You can unsubscribe from the notifications at the bottom of the email you receive and that will help.

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you at convention! Next year!
Hardware Hotshot

WOW-you are right there-huh? Kind of scary, I barely pushed the send button and got this reply!

Yeah, no matter how bad I messed up, I don't think all those emails should have been sent to me, but like I said, maybe it was just a glitch in the system?

YES, I really need to JOIN the Fan Club! Not the first time I've been told that one! Again, it's just not knowing what I am doing on the computer and my distrust of the safety of personal info on here!

If someone ever breaks into your house or you have your identity stolen, you tend NOT to be so trusting! :(

Again, it's okay, no worries, I was just tired last night and still not feeling well, or I would have just ignored the whole situation!

Thank you again for all your help! You too are so sweet! Yes, I definitely want to meet next year! Unless we go to LA and drive through your hometown, then we could possibly meet sooner?

ENJOY the rest of your weekend!

Thanks again!

Hardware Hotshot

Ok-so I already told you I'm not a computer person, but I still have ALL those emails in my trash bin, how would I get them all to you? They all say the same thing Upload Approved.

Let me know if you want them and how to send them and I will.

Thanks again!

No - because that's normal. You will get an automatic email each time you upload a photo, so that's fine. You can open one and look at the bottom and there will be a link to unsubscribe from them if they make you crazy
Hardware Hotshot

Yes, I get the one or possibly two per upload, so I should have had only 18 max and that is if you had to move each one of them...I still got OVER 60 any way you look at it! Surely that is NOT normal? :(

No - you should only get one per upload. Do you by any chance use Microsoft Outlook for your mail?
Hardware Hotshot

Don't think so? Internet Explorer maybe? Not sure? Wasn't kidding my computer know how is almost zero! But I can count and there are over 60 "upload approval" emails for 9 cards uploaded!

It's ok. You had just asked if I still had them to forward them to you and when I saw them in my trash bin I knew I could. Earlier I had said I deleted them all which I did, I just hadn't emptied my trash bin yet.

Let's just forget about it and if it happens again, I will PM you?

Thanks again for all your time and help with this. It was really just annoying! No harm done, just wasted some of my precious time and probably LOTS of yours too! So sorry!

Have a good week!

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Hmmmm....just saw this, and thought I would let you know that I subscribed to Celia's gallery and when she uploaded this batch of 9, I got 27 upload notices. Me thinks there's something fishy. I unsubscribed, waited over night & then subscribed again, and so far, so good. It might have been a glitchy kinda day. Celisa, so glad you are back to uploading. Love your gallery, and your heart. Hugs....
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11

Whoa! So bizarre! I've sent all this to my peeps again for a look. Thank you for experimenting!