Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2018, 05:29 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts
Default Link formatting anomaly (Closed - we are working on it)

Just throwing this out because it seems curious - and last week we had a lot of bum links in the Favourites thread.

Nancy posted her Favourites list, and I got instant notification. In her list were a handful of un-hyperlinked cards which she ended up deleting and re-posting in another thread, so they don't show now.

HOWEVER, all the links in my notification email worked, I was able to notify two of the "dead" links in my allocation directly from my email. So it's as if something in the forum isn't formatting correctly and yet the correct HTML was there for the email notification system to pick up??
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I'm not quite sure if your question is precisely related - but last week we did fix something in the notification email - they weren't appearing in email services like hotmail and yahoo and a few others, but if you use gmail - google puts its own link detection in and converts them to hyperlinks. So we fixed our emails last week to deliver correctly formatted email. (a bug fix from the upgrade two weeks ago)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

No, my links in my emails were always fine, I was not in the group having a problem with that.

No, what intrigued me was that for anyone looking at her post, and it's a pity you can't see it because for the sake of the notifiers she deleted them, for about 7 cards she listed her links showed in the forum post as unclickable, and were not hyperlinks. Yet in my email, every single one was clickable. So the forum was showing some incorrectly, the Gmail was 100% correct. So, I didn't realise that Gmail had its own link detection...but in that case at least the links in Nancy's post were valid https addresses, just not hyperlinks in the forum for some reason.

You shouldn't be working on a Sunday!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
No, my links in my emails were always fine, I was not in the group having a problem with that.

No, what intrigued me was that for anyone looking at her post, and it's a pity you can't see it because for the sake of the notifiers she deleted them, for about 7 cards she listed her links showed in the forum post as unclickable, and were not hyperlinks. Yet in my email, every single one was clickable. So the forum was showing some incorrectly, the Gmail was 100% correct. So, I didn't realise that Gmail had its own link detection...but in that case at least the links in Nancy's post were valid https addresses, just not hyperlinks in the forum for some reason.

You shouldn't be working on a Sunday!!
I know - I'm incurable!

Okay - next time that happens - leave the post in the staging forum so I can see if I can find a clue - thank you!
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
I know - I'm incurable!

Okay - next time that happens - leave the post in the staging forum so I can see if I can find a clue - thank you!

Ha, yes. I was disappointed that both Nancy and Maura ( whose entire post had no hyperlinks) edited them so you couldn't see. If it happens again next week I'll copy the relevant post to staging so that we have a copy of it.
In Maura's case I copied the notification email into a second post she had made, saying she was still trying and failing, and sent her a pm so I was
hoping she'd leave the original post. But I guess she didn't see the pm.

The other person who mentioned a problem with some links not formatting them was adding them after previewing, so I think that's not related.

Is this still happening?
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This weeks FAVOURITES just finished.

FAVOURITES for the week ending March 3, 2018 by susie australia at Splitcoaststampers

Post #1 didn't auto format. Each card was opened, copied URL then pasted straight into the reply box. This was prepared in the Favourites Staging Forum.

Jayne at Post#7 finally got hers to work after 3 attempts. Jayne has described the process in her post.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

I was able to reproduce this this morning - it's #1154, so I'll close this while we are working on it. Hopefully we can get it into our next release.