Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 189 Likes on 126 Posts
Exclamation Problem viewing site

Hi Lydia,

I am regularly clearing my browser cache & deleting cookies etc. which fixes my problem of galleries etc. loading for a short while before I go back to having similar problem - click the refresh button and sometimes I will see the card I have clicked on but, more often than not, it doesn't appear at all (even after clicking "refresh" a few times)! Can you help? Would having too many cards in my favourites hinder my site access at all? Getting really frustrated getting around the site at the moment, let alone being able to comment on cards etc.

Sue :

QFTD143
FS420
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi Sue - I moved your post because it wasn't related to that other thread.

Okay - I'm not sure what the nature of the problem is. What browser do you use? And are you having problems viewing every card? If so, that points to your browser. You shouldn't have to clear your cache to view the site. And if you're regularly clearing your cookies, that means you are getting logged out each time, which could also keep you from viewing cards that require you be logged in to view - like the technique galleries and Fan Club galleries.
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Lydia,

I use Internet Explorer as my browser. I am not having a problem viewing every card. My problem is, such as now when I just logged in, I clicked on Forums page but it did not appear - I just get a grey blank screen. On the third attempt at Refresh the page came up and I was able to reply to you. This also happens when I want to look at the challenges for the week, the favourites for the week and also when viewing cards. It doesn't happen every time - for a minute or two it might work normally! It also happens when I am commenting on a card - sometimes it's okay but other times I get the blank grey screen.

I hope I have explained my problem clearly to you - I am in a great deal of pain this week as I had a fall and have fractured a rib!!! First break of any kind in 53 years which is not bad - and, no, I wasn't drinking!!!

Sue

QFTD143
FS420
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

OH NO!! OUCH!! That sounds terrible!!! :( I hope you feel better soon!

Okay - it sounds like you have a very slow refresh rate or slow connection. That can definitely be aggravated by a bad browser call - can you do me a favor and just try Chrome and see if you get a different result?

Also have you updated IE lately? The Flash player in the browser is no end of trouble and they update it constantly.
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the quick reply, Lydia. I haven't updated IE lately, will do so to see if this helps. Will also try your other suggestion and let you know how I get on. Miss not being able to navigate the site easily as I LOVE Splitcoast Stampers :p

QFTD143
FS420
Stazon Splitcoast

Lydia,

Have just updated IE9 to IE10 and so far, so good! Seems to be navigating around this site quickly and working fine!! Let's hope that was the problem!!

Sue :p

QFTD143
FS420