Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Site Issues Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/)
-   -   I don't wanna jinx this, but... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/i-dont-wanna-jinx-but-132380/)

emilymomto3boys 03-26-2006 08:35 AM

I don't wanna jinx this, but...

are we allowed to upload any old time we want now? I noticed it is instantly showing in the gallery. I was so hesitant to ask about this because I didn't want it to be taken away, lol! But people are totally abiding the No Upload rules and I didn't want to post a chastising post about it if it is now allowed. So what gives?

Is it jynx or jinx???? (just a sidebar)

jbalcer 03-26-2006 08:40 AM

We've had the approvals shut off for the past couple of days, as it was taking about an hour to approve just a few images. NUTS!!! We are hoping for a solution to our server issues soon, and in the interim. . . we'll have instant uploads. It is super temporary, though . . . the lack of organization drives me nuts!

emilymomto3boys 03-26-2006 08:43 AM

ok, I'll just enjoy it while it lasts then.

Is it jinx or jynx though?

jbalcer 03-26-2006 08:44 AM

Jinx! :)

emilymomto3boys 03-26-2006 08:51 AM

thanx!

mamakimberly 03-26-2006 02:05 PM

Can you maybe keep the instant approval for senior members only or something? (senior members are people with more than I don't know, 5,000 posts??)

I realllllly am loving it! It makes me happy :)

jbalcer 03-26-2006 02:36 PM

We've toyed with that idea! :D

Wasatch Wizard 03-26-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer
We've toyed with that idea! :D

Oh I like this idea...that would be super fabulous!! I promise to behave if we get that privilege!! :D

willosmama 03-26-2006 04:19 PM

OMG- I would totally post in the gallery until I reach that number if that was the case.

......It would take me a few days, and I am sure my kids would be hungry by then, but well worth it!!!

Posting to the gallery has become so painful lately, I miss October!!!

mamakimberly 03-26-2006 04:34 PM

*toy all ya want baby!*

*will kiss Jenn's feet at Austin stamp day*

KarenInKali 03-26-2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
Can you maybe keep the instant approval for senior members only or something? (senior members are people with more than I don't know, 5,000 posts??)

I love the idea, but how do you differentiate who is senior and who isn't? I've been around since March 2003, I just don't post as much as others :wink: So if we were to go off of the amount of posts, in this case 5,000, I wouldn't be considered senior, even though I have SCS Member #246? Hmmmmmm.

laurakj 03-26-2006 06:55 PM

OK I also LOVE the idea of instant uploads, and I think that "senior" members should get the privilege, and the benefit of the doubt! But I also agree with what KareninOki is saying. Is there a way it could be either 5000 posts OR over say 150 cards in your gallery? One would hope that if someone has 150 cards in their gallery, they know what they're doing!

StampinChrissylea 03-27-2006 05:04 AM

Hmmm...I'm thinking senior member could also have a member number factor...but good idea...

jbalcer 03-27-2006 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurakj
One would hope that if someone has 150 cards in their gallery, they know what they're doing!

It's kind of hard to say, that's why we've only *toyed* with the idea. We all love a well-ordered gallery, right? There are many, many people (and yes, even "senior members") who leave everything in Member Gallery rather than upload to a specific stamp set gallery. We move them to the right spots, and go on with our days.

I love how our gallery is organized by stamp set & other categories we've set up! It does take a bit of time to keep the gallery organized on a light-traffic day, and with things the way they have been lately, we thought we'd give instant approvals for Fan Club Members a whirl. This way, the gallery can keep moving even when the gallery's so overloaded that we can't even open up the admin side of the site to approve images. It's been nice for our lovely Gallery Moderators to have a lighter workload, but to be honest, seeing all the uploads in Member Gallery drives me nuts!

kathyj30 03-27-2006 05:57 AM

I uploaded a pic Saturday and actually didn't know where to put it. It was a card and mini tote - after considering several options - I stuck it in my member gallery. So, yes, I added to the frustration, Jenn! so sorry - I can move it where ever it should go -
some of us old timers still don't know all the answers.....lol
But I'm always willing to learn

jbalcer 03-27-2006 06:02 AM

When in doubt, load it to the gallery by stamp set!

kathyj30 03-27-2006 06:05 AM

ahhh....there was the problem. headline alpha, spring mini papers, classic alpha, looks like spring - a card and a mini tote---?????......lol -

StamperSharon 03-27-2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyj30
ahhh....there was the problem. headline alpha, spring mini papers, classic alpha, looks like spring - a card and a mini tote---?????......lol -

Ah yes, just a little light of the frustration we go thru with many, MANY people doing that, LOL! :D You would honestly be amazed at how many people DO NOT select ANY category to upload to, even when it's an easy/obvious decision!

Very well said, Jenn!

texasjodylynn 03-27-2006 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly

ooohhhh, I LOVE that idea! :)

raduse 03-27-2006 09:25 AM

Ahhhh, I was wondering what was up but didn't want to say anything to jinx it myself. Boy do I love those instant uploads though. Thanks to all the mods for all of your hard work.

Happy Heart 03-28-2006 06:02 PM

I'm LOVING the instant uploads! I'd like this privilege all the time!

Jen Guarino 03-29-2006 10:01 PM

I thought it was just that way for VSN but I uploaded something today and realized it was there right away.

I'm no where near being a Sr member but like the idea of knowing I could maybe someday have that honor all the time.

Thanks Jenn, Daven and everyone else for keeping it running as smooth as possible.

kamuelamom 04-03-2006 11:28 PM

Well *I* noticed it too, and I'm hardly a senior by number of posts! Hey does that get me a ticket in?:razz: Can we base it on how much we love it here?:rolleyes:

mmferg 04-04-2006 10:58 AM

I really love that idea too!

I would keep subscribing to the fan club...just for this added benefit :)