Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Site Issues Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/)
-   -   Hello, new here. Question about editing. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/hello-new-here-question-about-editing-455069/)

Cherith 08-21-2009 09:41 PM

Hello, new here. Question about editing.

Hi I have been stealing ideas from splitcoasters forever and thought maybe I should get up the courage and post some of my own cards. Unfortunately I didn't realize they would be posted right away and I didn't add any descriptions to them before I posted them. I am trying to add them now by clicking the edit button at the bottom of the card, in the gallery but it did it once but for the rest it says it has done it but I can't see it. Am I doing something wrong?

Cherith 08-21-2009 09:42 PM

Ummm, looks like it did work. I am a dork. Having fun though. :)

PH in VA 08-22-2009 02:37 PM

Sometimes it takes the gallery software a little while to catch up with the changes.

I'm glad you're having fun... that's the main point of being here, IMO! :)

Cherith 08-30-2009 09:49 AM

Soo. I am trying to post to different galleries but when I do they don't appear in my member gallery. Am I doing something wrong or is it that when I post a card to a specific gallery I can't have it in my member gallery?

TexasGrammy 08-30-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherith (Post 15014749)
Soo. I am trying to post to different galleries but when I do they don't appear in my member gallery. Am I doing something wrong or is it that when I post a card to a specific gallery I can't have it in my member gallery?

Yes, your cards should also appear in your member gallery. For instance, if you place a card in the technique gallery "Paper Piecing", it should also appear in your member gallery. Is this where you are looking?
  • Go to our main Gallery page.
  • Click on "My Gallery", found in the left column.
Please let us know if the projects aren't showing in both locations. ;)

Cherith 08-30-2009 09:24 PM

Hi, thank you for replying to my question. I see now that it is in my gallery. I geuss I was thinking it would be in my "album" but at least it's in my gallery.

TexasGrammy 08-30-2009 09:50 PM

You're welcome!
If you do elect to place items in an "album", those projects will 'not' appear in your 'gallery' pages. ;)

Cherith 09-10-2009 08:18 PM

I have another question. When I posted three of my cards to the technique galleries it showed up in the specific gallery and mine but now they are gone. Did I do something wrong and they've been deleted?

PH in VA 09-11-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherith (Post 15101083)
I have another question. When I posted three of my cards to the technique galleries it showed up in the specific gallery and mine but now they are gone. Did I do something wrong and they've been deleted?

Without much info to go by here, I'm going to guess that the problem is with the filenames for your cards.

When I hover my cursor over any of the cards in your gallery, I can see the filename that was used when you saved the card on your computer. Your cards have very generic filenames, such as "002" and "014". It's very likely that some other SCSer in the past had the same filenames for the things they posted to the gallery. When the gallery software does its automatic check, it considered your cards to be duplicates, and deleted them.

In the future, you can prevent this from happening by giving your creations a more unique name when you save them to your computer. I usually use filenames consisting of the card recipient's name or initials, and the occasion, plus the year (i.e. "dadbirthday2009").

Here's a link to more info on the subject of disappearing uploads: //www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1345331&postcount=1

I hope this helps! I apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment you probably feel for having your cards deleted.

Cherith 09-11-2009 10:27 AM

Ok, I can see why that has happened. I will save them under a new name when I save them to my computer. Thank you for your reply. Cherith.