Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Site Issues Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/)
-   -   Favoriting Heart not always available to favorite (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/favoriting-heart-not-always-available-favorite-552122/)

Paper Junky 04-13-2012 06:06 AM

Favoriting Heart not always available to favorite

Some pics I go into and the heart is available to favorite the pics. Other pics are not showing the heart. Is this a glitch? Or is it now personal choice whether the favoriting heart is available/shown?

Paper Junky 04-15-2012 01:32 PM

Having problems with this again today. I've cleared the cache and have the current version of adobe. Anyone else having problems with this?

UnderstandBlue 04-15-2012 02:25 PM

No - it's probably a browser issue. Have you updated your flash player at Adobe

I apologize - I didn't see your first post on Friday.

GardenDiva 04-18-2012 02:24 AM

Favoriting question

Hey........maybe I was under a rock and missed the info....but....with the new options to go to Pint or Twit loaded on the card face....when I click the heart to send a card to my favs.........I cannot hit the back arrow to get back out to the main gallery...I'm stuck in the loop and it takes me right back to the same card. It's always like that if I make a comment on a card....that's the main reason I stopped putting comments on cards in the main gallery, I can never remember which page of the gallery I'm on when I'm forced to go clear back to the home page and start all over again.
There has to be a way to send a card to favs and to make comments without having to go back to the home page and start the process all over again. I haven't been able to find a thread for that.
Thanks for your help ! :confused:

fionna51 04-18-2012 02:54 AM

Tina...
I'm assuming that you are using IE for these solutions to work.

1. Definitely the easiest. When you want to view a card, hold the "shift" button down when you click on the thumbnail. The card will open up in a new window. You can comment, favorite, or whatever and when you are done, you close that window. You will be back on the thumbnails page.

2. For when you forget to do the above. ;) (I copied the instructions I made in another thread. It talks about comments, but is the same for favorites now, with the "new style" favorites button)

The back arrow DOES work if you do it right.

Make your comment, and click the button to submit.
...When it is on the purple screen that says you were successful, click the back arrow twice in close succession.
...If you don't make the purple screen, then when the card is back up, click the back arrow three times in close succession.
Both of these take you back to the thumbnails page where you were before.

The reason that works is this. Here's the page progression:
...Thumbnails page...
...Card page where you comment...
...Purple page telling you your comment was successful...
...Card page with your comment posted...
Do you see that if you do 2 quick clicks on the purple page, you get back to the thumbnails? or if you do 3 quick clicks on the card page with your comment posted, you get back to the thumbnails?

The reason you have to do those clicks quickly is that the purple page has a redirect on it. If you stop on that page, you will always be sent to the card page with your comment posted. You have to click past that page without stopping.

Hope that is clearer than mud! LOL!

Happy2Stamp123 04-18-2012 09:03 AM

Thank you thank you thank you...

thank you so much for this post... this makes it so much easier to write comments and now add favorites!!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51 (Post 19362202)
Tina...
I'm assuming that you are using IE for these solutions to work.

1. Definitely the easiest. When you want to view a card, hold the "shift" button down when you click on the thumbnail. The card will open up in a new window. You can comment, favorite, or whatever and when you are done, you close that window. You will be back on the thumbnails page.

2. For when you forget to do the above. ;) (I copied the instructions I made in another thread. It talks about comments, but is the same for favorites now, with the "new style" favorites button)

The back arrow DOES work if you do it right.

Make your comment, and click the button to submit.
...When it is on the purple screen that says you were successful, click the back arrow twice in close succession.
...If you don't make the purple screen, then when the card is back up, click the back arrow three times in close succession.
Both of these take you back to the thumbnails page where you were before.

The reason that works is this. Here's the page progression:
...Thumbnails page...
...Card page where you comment...
...Purple page telling you your comment was successful...
...Card page with your comment posted...
Do you see that if you do 2 quick clicks on the purple page, you get back to the thumbnails? or if you do 3 quick clicks on the card page with your comment posted, you get back to the thumbnails?

The reason you have to do those clicks quickly is that the purple page has a redirect on it. If you stop on that page, you will always be sent to the card page with your comment posted. You have to click past that page without stopping.

Hope that is clearer than mud! LOL!