Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Site Issues Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/)
-   -   Facebook "Like" button in Gallery (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/facebook-like-button-gallery-553669/)

buggainok 05-07-2012 10:33 AM

Facebook "Like" button in Gallery

Hey Lydia, how's your day going?

I just noticed in the Gallery that there is a "like" button for Facebook on the pages showing our cards. What happens when someone "Likes" the card and clicks the button? Do I just get to know that someone "liked" the card? Or does it share it to their FB page?

Thanks.

Annette

UnderstandBlue 05-07-2012 10:39 AM

Hey Annette!! :) I love seeing your avatar :)

It doesn't notify you that they liked it, but it tells their friends that they liked the card and gives them an option to comment on it if they want. :)

buggainok 05-07-2012 11:20 AM

Thanks, Lydia!

I love my avatar, too. It makes me smile. My granddaughter drew it on a card for me when she was only 6 years old. (She is 12 now. Time, oh time.) You can see my grandma name on it - Bugga, which is also my screenname almost everywhere.

angelicsanoy 05-08-2012 03:39 AM

Hello everyone, like the social media buttons also.

berlycece 05-18-2012 09:24 AM

Along the same lines....

In the past, I could click the FB icon, and a athumbnail of my project aand the coordinating link would appear on my FB page.

But now, when I click on the icon that is under my pic, only a link shows up...no thumbnail.

My non-stamping friends are not likely to click on link, but they often commented on my cards (on thee FB page)

I miss those warm fuzzies!

Should the thumbnails be showing up??

UnderstandBlue 05-18-2012 09:36 AM

Are you clicking the orange icon under the photo? Or the FB like button down below? They do two different things. The orange icon shares a pic :)

berlycece 05-18-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Understandblue (Post 19438156)
Are you clicking the orange icon under the photo? Or the FB like button down below? They do two different things. The orange icon shares a pic :)

I click the orang icon. I haven't been able to show a pic for about 2 weeks :(

UnderstandBlue 05-18-2012 09:51 AM

Hmm - I just did it. Can you link me to a photo you're having trouble with? Also, what browser do you use? It could be FB just being snarky with you but I'll check!

berlycece 05-18-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Understandblue (Post 19438181)
Hmm - I just did it. Can you link me to a photo you're having trouble with? Also, what browser do you use? It could be FB just being snarky with you but I'll check!

I am on IE...new laptop, so it should be updated

Here's a pic FM59 A friend is... by berlycece - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

UnderstandBlue 05-18-2012 10:20 AM

Hmm - I don't see the FB icon under yours, which means you have FB sharing turned off in your profile, which is probably the problem. Fix that setting and see if that fixes it :)

berlycece 05-18-2012 10:25 AM

Nope...didn't work

I had the seting where I can share my pics, no one else can

changed so eveeryone could

same result... a link sho up but no picture/thumbnail

UnderstandBlue 05-18-2012 10:37 AM

Okay - now that you changed the setting I can fb your cards (I did - go look) and the thumbnail works for me. The next option is IE, which is terrible in lots of ways.

Try Google Chrome - that's what I'm using.

berlycece 05-18-2012 11:19 AM

I was wondering if it was IE...I usually use firefox...just needto upload it on the new laptop

I'll try later

Gotta pack for vacation!

Thanks for liking my card!! ;)