Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-06-2021, 09:16 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Disappearing posts

My post numbers had numbered in the several thousands, then dropped down to the 700s, climbed back up to over 1,000 and today dropped back to the 700s. What’s going on?
Psalm 113:3

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2021, 10:09 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

I can't remember which of the two "editor issue" threads it's in, but a while back after one of the upgrades, the post count lost all the gallery comments, which normally add to the post count - especially for people who comment a lot.. I was under the impression that it would be fixed at some stage, but maybe that was unduly optimistic. There was another patch recently, so if you noticed a second drop, perhaps it happened again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2021, 02:06 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes, it happened again. When I first came back to an active presence on scs, a few weeks ago, I noticed my posts were in the 700s which I thought odd, since I had been VERY active early on and my posts had numbered in the several thousands. I didn’t much care, but wondered why. A few days ago I saw that my posts had climbed to over 1,000, mostly from gallery comments, but yesterday they had dipped once again to the 700s. Since I had been advised to contact the site administrators about my password issue, I figured I’d throw in the disappearing post count problem as well, just so they were aware.

Have a good day!
Psalm 113:3

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2021, 04:17 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

The buy and sell thread link is there. But, when I open the link thread is is not there? thanks hotwheels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 09:04 AM   #5  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

That ticket is in the next release.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 04:00 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

Thank you................
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2021, 12:34 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the same problem!!! Mine now numbers 123, and I KNOW that I've left more than a thousand...

I have tried and tried to put in my photo, it's on my profile but I can't get it to come up with my comments or when I upload a card. I got a friend who's a whole lot more savvy about technical stuff and he got stumped as well.

I'm also wondering if and when the Favorites of the Week thread will be back, it's been gone since July of last year and was to return with a large computer update, but it didn't happen, so I'm guessing there are ongoing issues. Especially at a time like this, with the coronavirus going on and in parts of the world like here in Canada, we are practically in lockdown again, it would be lovely to be able to show our appreciation for the cards each week that knock our socks off. I know that there's the CAS Favorites and that's great, but not all cards of course fit in that category. This isn't a complaint, and I know that people work very hard on this site, but I am afraid that not as many people will be interested in using this site if the technical problems continue, that they will go elsewhere and I think that would be a huge shame. I love this site, I just joined the Fan Club for the first time in the last couple of months to support SCS more. Just would love an update on this situation if possible and some help for the other issues would be so appreciated.

Thanks so much!!! I know that I've listed a few issues but there wasn't another place on the threads that I could see to list the other issues separately, if I missed it, please let me know and I will gladly list them there.

Happy Easter Sunday to all!!

Joanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2021, 01:06 PM   #8  

Quote:

Originally Posted by 905lovestostampView Post
I've had the same problem!!! Mine now numbers 123, and I KNOW that I've left more than a thousand...
There are no disappearing posts - the counts will be restored.
Quote:

I have tried and tried to put in my photo, it's on my profile but I can't get it to come up with my comments or when I upload a card. I got a friend who's a whole lot more savvy about technical stuff and he got stumped as well.
You might be uploading to the wrong field - you want your avatar, not profile pic. After uploading give it a few minutes to sync. Here's a tutorial: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Quote:

I'm also wondering if and when the Favorites of the Week thread will be back, it's been gone since July of last year and was to return with a large computer update, but it didn't happen, so I'm guessing there are ongoing issues. Especially at a time like this, with the coronavirus going on and in parts of the world like here in Canada, we are practically in lockdown again, it would be lovely to be able to show our appreciation for the cards each week that knock our socks off. I know that there's the CAS Favorites and that's great, but not all cards of course fit in that category. This isn't a complaint, and I know that people work very hard on this site, but I am afraid that not as many people will be interested in using this site if the technical problems continue, that they will go elsewhere and I think that would be a huge shame. I love this site, I just joined the Fan Club for the first time in the last couple of months to support SCS more. Just would love an update on this situation if possible and some help for the other issues would be so appreciated.

Thanks so much!!! I know that I've listed a few issues but there wasn't another place on the threads that I could see to list the other issues separately, if I missed it, please let me know and I will gladly list them there.

Happy Easter Sunday to all!!
The link formatting issue that held this up is fixed, so I'm sure the team will be back soon!

Joanne[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2021, 11:07 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post

The link formatting issue that held this up is fixed, so I'm sure the team will be back soon!

Joanne
Autoformatting of links still isn't working though, and it would not be ideal to resume the favourites thread until this is restored. Otherwise both creating a thread and notifying are more laborious than they should be.
And personally I'd like to know that links will stay working beyond the week's lifespan of the thread.
ETA, I suppose in this case the breaking links doesn't matter because so far links from the gallery have not been affected, just forum links in threads and also in gallery uploads.

Last edited by Cook22; 04-05-2021 at 05:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2021, 07:09 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Lydia, you can see the Favorites team autoformatting testing HERE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
Autoformatting of links still isn't working though, and it would not be ideal to resume the favourites thread until this is restored. Otherwise both creating a thread and notifying are more laborious than they should be.
And personally I'd like to know that links will stay working beyond the week's lifespan of the thread.
ETA, I suppose in this case the breaking links doesn't matter because so far links from the gallery have not been affected, just forum links in threads and also in gallery uploads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2021, 11:26 AM   #11  

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlittergalView Post
Yes, it happened again. When I first came back to an active presence on scs, a few weeks ago, I noticed my posts were in the 700s which I thought odd, since I had been VERY active early on and my posts had numbered in the several thousands. I didn’t much care, but wondered why. A few days ago I saw that my posts had climbed to over 1,000, mostly from gallery comments, but yesterday they had dipped once again to the 700s. Since I had been advised to contact the site administrators about my password issue, I figured I’d throw in the disappearing post count problem as well, just so they were aware.

Have a good day!
I believe this is fixed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2021, 11:27 AM   #12  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
If you can show they are breaking now let me know - that was supposed to be fixed in the last release.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #13  

Screenshotting random post counts for posterity
Attached Thumbnails
Disappearing posts-2021-04-09_14-27-32.png  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2021, 01:53 PM   #14  

I'm going to close this - no one has responded to tell me it's not fixed so I'm assuming we are good.
Reply With Quote Likes