Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2005, 06:12 PM   #1201  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face I think your doing the right thing

I don't think it is unreasonable to charge everyone who wants to view the gallery $25 for a year. I don't mind sharing the Site with users who haven't paid, but also don't like that it takes a long time to view a card or run a slide show. If everyone pitched in $25 for a year, then solutions to the slowness could be resolved!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Glitter Queen

Red face Fantastic site!

I've been viewing ( and CASEing from) the gallery and reading the forums for several months now but I never looked into what the Fan Club was. Once I read the information about the FC and how much it cost, I signed up. I have saved several $$ through this site because of the free ideas and tips I've received. I've always enjoyed the "conversations" that are posted and it's just like a HUGE family! Like any family, things need to change from time to time and it's not always easy. I'm not able to offer any suggestions on how to repair this, because I don't understand any of the logistics of computers.
I just know I appreciate all the time and work that go into SCS and hope things can run smoothly for everyone in a short time!
Inking Addict

I don't think I've ever posted on this site but I look at the gallery almost every day. I looked at some of the others posts and it looks like there has been a positive response. Personally, as a new SU demo I probably wouldn't have made it without this site and the gallery. I wouldn't mind paying a fee every year even thought temporarily would be okay too! I do agree that you would have to offer a free trial period though. I wouldn't spend the money without having ample opportunity to check out the site.

You guys do an amazing job! Thanks!
Cardstock Collector

leaves me confused

ok with out sounding negative, when i found out about this AWSOM website, i could not believe my eyes!!!! i fell head over heals, i realy only use the gallery, wed tuitorials etc, still new did not really understand the whole fan club thing, so did not goin. Yup you betcha it can be slow, and Yes i am willing to pay $20 a month, call me crabby but if you cant aford just over a dollar a day, then is it possible spending hundreds of $ on stamps should not be an option? the other side is, as a su demo, i tell EVERONE about this web site (could our enthousiasm, and need to share be why we are overloaded lol?) and it has been soooooooo great!!!! many of my customers upload ther art, and are verry proud of their work, it will be a shame, cuz i am not sure that the "new stampers" will pay for this, just cuz its another expence that "is not needed" sad because this site really does get a lot of "newbies" started!!! i will become a fan club member only because i already know the great potential this site has. plus how mant peices of art are we going to lose in the process? will we be starting over? k i'll shut up now

Last edited by Correen Dobie; 09-27-2005 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: type out
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All this is explained in the Original Post, if you read it carefully, at the beginning of this thread, and also on the "News" page, and also at this link just a few posts above your post.

The facts
Matboard Maniac

Default Pay for Gallery

I love the Gallery. Yes I most likely would pay. However, I do not think it is right as everyone shares. Don't feel you should charge, you would have nothing if it wasn't for all the gifted and sharing people.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I am not a demo and I don't have the equipment to to upload my cards, stamping is my only vice and I do it because it is fun. I come to this site everyday to view the new additions and check out the forums. This is the best place to come to chat, to laugh, to get ideas and to see some amazing cards. I would gladly give $$ to this site. Times are tight right now and I will be saving my pennies so that I can help keep this site going. The 25.00 is well worth it. Thank you to everyone that keeps this such a great place. You guys are the best. Have a great day.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
All this is explained in the Original Post, if you read it carefully, at the beginning of this thread, and also on the "News" page, and also at this link just a few posts above your post.

The facts
Quote:

I love the Gallery. Yes I most likely would pay. However, I do not think it is right as everyone shares. Don't feel you should charge, you would have nothing if it wasn't for all the gifted and sharing people.

IF you read the original post in this thread you will find out that this is not becoming a fee based web site. There will only be partial restrictions to the gallery temporarily. IF you click on Julies post quoterd above where it says 'The Facts' that will lead you to the correct information.

Gallery Gazer

Smile

Sign me up. I am willing to pay the $25 a year membership - this should have been done long ago and I am glad you are making this change.
Glitter Queen

I just joined and even though this is a great site, I cannot afford even $20 a month for it. I read this is not a perment thing and I will check back offen to see if it is back online. I understand what you have to do but please fix the problem and put it back the way it was.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzyq13
I just joined and even though this is a great site, I cannot afford even $20 a month for it. I read this is not a perment thing and I will check back offen to see if it is back online. I understand what you have to do but please fix the problem and put it back the way it was.

It's 24.95 for a year or 14.95 for 6 months. There will still be free access to portions of the gallery, and it wil all be back soon.

Cardstock Collector

Default Fee for fan club

I'm a little confused because I know I paid to be on the site because I think you guys have an awesome site and I come in to work early every day to check out the new things. I too am a SU demo and have gotten so many wonderful ideas from the talented women out there - some day I'll actually scan and post one of my cards. I too have wondered how long you would be able to do this for free.

However, I paid some time ago, actually don't remember when exactly and does this mean you're request another $20 now? I'd be happy to pay it because I love it, but I need to know so I don't lose access to the site.

Thanks for letting me know before October 1st. Keep up the great work.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamperwithdayjob
I'm a little confused because I know I paid to be on the site because I think you guys have an awesome site and I come in to work early every day to check out the new things. I too am a SU demo and have gotten so many wonderful ideas from the talented women out there - some day I'll actually scan and post one of my cards. I too have wondered how long you would be able to do this for free.

However, I paid some time ago, actually don't remember when exactly and does this mean you're request another $20 now? I'd be happy to pay it because I love it, but I need to know so I don't lose access to the site.

No one is losing access to the site. Please go back and read the original post for specifics and answers to questions. The current memebership for the fan club is 24.95 for year. You can renew when your current year is finished. I believe you will get an email notice when it is time to renew.

Kookie Creator

Location: VA. But my heart is split between the U.S. and Guatemala!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamperwithdayjob

No. Nobody is asking for you to pay more money. If you already paid, you will keep the same access you have right now. The only people that will see a change are the members that have not paid, and for them the change will be temporary.
Cardstock Collector

Smile Gallery for paid members only?

I wouldn't mind paying for this website. I really don't know much about computers and websites, but I was wondering if you took out the comments to each card if that would make things go faster. Also, it looks like sometimes people post the same card 2-3 times. There should be a section for scrapbooking only. I only make cards and I don't want to waste my time looking at scrapbook pages in with the cards. There are places where NO THUMBNAIL AVAILABLE. Take those out, they take up space.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linda Ferrell
I wouldn't mind paying for this website. I really don't know much about computers and websites, but I was wondering if you took out the comments to each card if that would make things go faster. Also, it looks like sometimes people post the same card 2-3 times. There should be a section for scrapbooking only. I only make cards and I don't want to waste my time looking at scrapbook pages in with the cards. There are places where NO THUMBNAIL AVAILABLE. Take those out, they take up space.

Quote:

Answers to some questions

How much is a Fan Club subscription?
Fan Club subscriptions increased slightly this year, to $25 for 12 months.

Will non-paying members lose all access to the gallery?
Non-paying members will still have access to Member Galleries and Technique Spotlight galleries.

Is this change permanent?
The gallery will be free and open to all again, once our software and servers are able to handle the traffic load. The Fan Club galleries will always remain part of the benefit for paying members.

Are you making this change for financial reasons?
No. We hate it for financial reasons! We hate the fact that anyone might consider leaving us because they don't wish to pay a fee to access the gallery.

We're making the change for two reasons. First, it's not fair to our paying members that they pay for an inferior experience. Second, our servers and software are unable to handle our current traffic load. The only way the gallery can remain functional is to reduce the load until we can get further improvements in place.

10:30 AM (pacific) Friday, 11/23

Lot's of great feedback, thanks everyone. For all the incredibly kind words too. Wow! Thank you so much.

Please, be extra tolerant with negative reactions to this announcement. I asked for feedback and it's important to hear from those who have reservations about it.

Many of the posts so far relate to the financial impact of this announcement. There's no question that we will gain more paid members, at least in the short term, as a result of restricting access to much of the gallery.

For the long term health of the Splitcoast community, however, I believe that the best course of action is to remain a free site. We'll restrict the gallery for only as long as it takes to address our traffic problems.

I'm getting a slew of e-mail with questions about the Fan Club, and won't be able to respond to most of them in a timely fashion. Your best source of Fan Club information is here:
Fan Club page

More Questions & Answers

What about free trial memberships?
Any trial membership system could easily be skirted by re-joining the site with a new username. We don't want to create a negative incentive for "counterfeit" usernames.

What about a tiered membership system?
I prefer simplicity whenever possible and tiered memberships create complications for you and also for us.

What about partial-year memberships?
We will do partial-year Fan Club memberships, look for this very soon.

What if we trimmed down the number of uploads or restricted uploads in some way?
Uploads and file size are not contributing in a meaningful way to the performance issues that we're experiencing in the gallery. We will probably never need to place limits on the amount of items you upload.

Why do uploads have to be restricted for non-Fan Club members?
Since Member Galleries and Technique Spotlight are the only galleries that non-Fan Club members will see, they also won't be able to upload to other categories. Keeping the gallery organized requires us to keep uploads categorized properly and it would be difficult to do this with uploads from non-Fan Club members.

Once again Go Back and read the original post

Compulsive Stamper

Thumbs up love this site, can't live without it!!!!

I am a fan club member so I am all for you changing something so that it is not such a long wait for those of us you are willing to pay for this great resource. When I need to be inspired I come here - I LOVE this site. My husband is a computer genius - he maintains our businesses website that is known world wide --www.harvsair.com --we do flight training in central canada, his advice to the folks at SCS is to have a low grade, low maintenance, low rez free site for people who are not willing to pay - keep it cheap & simple, and then have the regular website for paying members. Have it password encrypted so that it limits traffic. You're all doing such a great job with the service that you provide on the internet, and I can see why your facing the dilema that you are facing - because it's an awesome site. Just keep doing what your doing, people will be willing to pay for it!
Insane Embellisher

Let me start by saying that I think it is not at all unfair to ask the memebers to help pay for this site, and I was surprised to learn that it was all free (except for the fan club of course). That is why I joined in the first place.

BUT

I have been reading the posts on this thread and have to point out a few things to those of you who have been blessed to "spend over $20 a week on coffee" etc. There a few of us on here who are on extremely tight budgets. I am obviously one of them, (I did not get to order the new colors until just last month, and that was only due to a "financial windfall", wich is now gone). I would LOVE to join the fan club and help support the site, I REALLY want to get the SAHM t-shirt (Love it) but I have to sacrifice :(

That $20 ($25 it has become) is a decision between weather or not my children get a little less food one month, getting a few more SU! supplies, or supporting this web site (guess wich one will come first). I am a hobby demo and I have to say I am not quite sure how I manage to stay active, I gave up on the business end of it after every effort to keep going with it was a bust. It must be divine intervention that I continue to remain active. And I have accepted that I will only continue to be active if the Good Lord wants me to.

No, I will not leave the site, I understand that it will be good for the paying members to get on and look around quicker, you should enjoy that benefit, you paid for it.

I will be bummed while I cannot browse freely for awhile.

Rest assured that when the time comes that I don't have to prioritize my purchases, I will quickly become a fan club member to help take care of this awesome site. I really wanted to help out the hurricane fund this site did by becoming a member, or getting that awesome t-shirt, but couldn't.

So I just wanted to point out that while some members may be offended and leave the site thinking that they shouldn't have to pay for it.
Others would LOVE to do so and understand that it is a "burden" to those running it without our help, we just cannot do so.

$25 can make a big difference to some of us.

ps. It should take me 5 weeks to save up for my fan club membership if everything goes OK.
Cardstock Collector

Exclamation Paid "Members"

Well not that I dont appreciate the cost involved but charging $25.00 (not $20.00, please get it right) does NOT guarentee the service will be any faster or the quality any better. To be honest I have used you sight once or twice, hoping that cards made with other stamps than just "Stamping-Up" would be used. Not the case though.
Will I pay to see cards that members are sharing for free? Not $25.00, and like I mentioned, with no guarentee of better, faster service. Too bad because from what I have been told by several stamping places (two recently shut down) it seems to be fading out in leiu of Scrapbooking (no thanks again).
I frankly had thought of submitting as it seemed only fair to share as others have, but frankly if its to be a "members only" thing why would I submit for free?

thanks anyway, I pass
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurakj
Personally, the gallery is what keeps me here. Without it and the abitity to search by set, I don't know if I'd come here at all. I think if you take away the gallery, you will lose a large number of your members.
Agreed...I have enough fees, bills, charges, to keep track of, and access to a gallery is not one of those fees that I would pay. I don't even have cable TV, so if the gallery is now going to be limited to those who pay a fee...I will definately miss the gallery and move back to the SU! website for inspiration as well as the CTMH and TAC sites. Thanks for asking for our input. Stamping hugs....
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra Abel
Well not that I dont appreciate the cost involved but charging $25.00 (not $20.00, please get it right) does NOT guarentee the service will be any faster or the quality any better. To be honest I have used you sight once or twice, hoping that cards made with other stamps than just "Stamping-Up" would be used. Not the case though.
Will I pay to see cards that members are sharing for free? Not $25.00, and like I mentioned, with no guarentee of better, faster service. Too bad because from what I have been told by several stamping places (two recently shut down) it seems to be fading out in leiu of Scrapbooking (no thanks again).
I frankly had thought of submitting as it seemed only fair to share as others have, but frankly if its to be a "members only" thing why would I submit for free?

thanks anyway, I pass
It is apparent that you actually have not read the OP which contains the facts. I would urge you to re-read it, or to please read it carefully.

To quote another:

Quote:

Originally Posted by guatelicia
Nobody is asking for you to pay more money. If you already paid, you will keep the same access you have right now. The only people that will see a change are the members that have not paid, and for them the change will be temporary.
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Once again, if you'll carefully read Daven's OP:

It's not about storage (photos or forums)

It's not about becoming a fee-based site. Never a part of Daven's plan.

It's not about anybody's personal financial situation.

It's not about excluding anyone.

It IS about the following:

1. Fan Club Members donate $25 annually to support the site.

2. The Gallery Server(s) CANNOT handle this tremendous flow of traffic, from both FC and non-FC Members alike. The gallery is therefore rendered useless to everybody. :(

3. SCS wishes to make sure FC Members that have paid to support the site receive a quality gallery experience. Why? Because without their support, this site would cease to exist!!!

4. So, TEMPORARILY, until quality gallery speed can be restored for EVERYBODY that uses this site, he is going to restrict the flow to the galleries for Non FC Members to 2 routes: Member Galleries and Techniques Galleries, and no uploads.

He is anticipating a ONE MONTH restricted access to the galleries for Non FC folks who access the site.

WHY? Because the % of SCS users that are FC Members is relatively small in comparison to Non FC Members. This means: Non-FC Members are the BULK of the heavy traffic.

Daven has no "desirable" options. It just is what it is: too much traffic for the servers to handle. WITHOUT A MAJOR OVERHAUL, WE WILL ALL LOSE THE GALLERY ENTIRELY. IT IS ALREADY LIMPING VERY BADLY!!!!

The only EXTRA perk FC Members have at this site is a special gallery called the Dirty Dozen/Fan Club Gallery. It is a thank-you gift to them for supporting the site. It's not "the reason" they donate.

Everybody will STILL have access to the entire site, forums, tutorials.

EVERYBODY will be able to see ALL the A-Z galleries, etc. via EVERY route after these improvements are made.

There is now an option for $14.95/6 mos. support donation. WOO HOO!!!!! Yea!!!! Cool and awesome!!!!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I love JulieHRR......
Insane Embellisher

I haven't really figured out how to use the galleries efficiently--probably due to the overload. Since I am no longer a demo, I probably wouldn't pay to have access to the galleries. I love the resources--step by step guides and hope that those won't become areas that require a fee.

Cheryl

Proud mom of twins!
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
I love JulieHRR......
Me too!
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylstamps
I haven't really figured out how to use the galleries efficiently--probably due to the overload. Since I am no longer a demo, I probably wouldn't pay to have access to the galleries. I love the resources--step by step guides and hope that those won't become areas that require a fee.

Cheryl
Once again, if you'll carefully read Daven's OP:

It's not about storage (photos or forums)

It's not about becoming a fee-based site. Never a part of Daven's plan.

It's not about anybody's personal financial situation.

It's not about excluding anyone.

It IS about the following:

1. Fan Club Members donate $25 annually to support the site.

2. The Gallery Server(s) CANNOT handle this tremendous flow of traffic, from both FC and non-FC Members alike. The gallery is therefore rendered useless to everybody. :(

3. SCS wishes to make sure FC Members that have paid to support the site receive a quality gallery experience. Why? Because without their support, this site would cease to exist!!!

4. So, TEMPORARILY, until quality gallery speed can be restored for EVERYBODY that uses this site, he is going to restrict the flow to the galleries for Non FC Members to 2 routes: Member Galleries and Techniques Galleries, and no uploads.

He is anticipating a ONE MONTH restricted access to the galleries for Non FC folks who access the site.

WHY? Because the % of SCS users that are FC Members is relatively small in comparison to Non FC Members. This means: Non-FC Members are the BULK of the heavy traffic.

Daven has no "desirable" options. It just is what it is: too much traffic for the servers to handle. WITHOUT A MAJOR OVERHAUL, WE WILL ALL LOSE THE GALLERY ENTIRELY. IT IS ALREADY LIMPING VERY BADLY!!!!

The only EXTRA perk FC Members have at this site is a special gallery called the Dirty Dozen/Fan Club Gallery. It is a thank-you gift to them for supporting the site. It's not "the reason" they donate.

Everybody will STILL have access to the entire site, forums, tutorials.

EVERYBODY will be able to see ALL the A-Z galleries, etc. via EVERY route after these improvements are made.

There is now an option for $14.95/6 mos. support donation. WOO HOO!!!!! Yea!!!! Cool and awesome!!!!
Matboard Maniac

Default Paid Members

I hope it all works out and there is a fast and easy solution. I LOVE Splitcoast.

Last edited by JeanneH; 09-28-2005 at 08:51 AM..
Gabfest Goddess

I can't believe how many people are NOT reading the original posts, and the repeats of the original post and continue to think it's about "paying" for access!!

It's for a short time only!!! I can't believe how many people think this is about money.....when it's really just about Daven needing a "time out" to work out the gallery issues!

You can still access the gallery items!! You will just have a SMALL timeframe where you will have to either access by username, or by using the search feature! I can see people are a bit *miffed* about not being able to upload...but one would almost think someone cut off an appendage! ;) J/K! It's only for a bit folks! Hang in there! This site is only gonna get better and better.......because that's all it's been doing from the day I found this place! I would almost "challenge" folks to find something as great as we have here!

Thanks again to the "team" for all your hard work and patience!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Julie, your patience is amazing!!!! If those who read but can not comprehend decide to leave the site for their own reasons, not knowing or understanding that they still have free access to the site, well............ that's up to them. The traffic problem may fix itself.
Sorry, just my 2cents.
Stamping Happy! Member #4604
Glitter Queen

I am sorry to hear about the upcoming changes. For me, I am sorry but I won't pay for a site. I used to go to another site that now charges also. I understand that it is expensive, my husband has several sites he created and maintains for others. However, when there are tons of other sites that are free I just can't see paying for a site. I am a hobby demo and can not afford extras like paying for site access.

Best of luck in maintaining the site. I have enjoyed being able to use it for free.
Pearl-ExPert

Default I've gotta VENT

I know it's been said before, but please allow me just this one vent!!

I have read this entire thread (I know, pathetic, huh?) and I understand, really I do, what it means to have financial constraints. That is *not* my issue.
My issue is with people who say they "love" this site, but will not pay to help support it. If you "love" it so much, why can't you see that it costs money (alot) to run a site like this?
My question for those of you who won't pay (not those who really can't afford it - I understand that) is this: If we don't all help out a little bit to help cover the costs to maintain SCS, where do you think those funds should come from? I really am curious and would sincerely love to hear your answers.
Again, I repeat, I am not directing this to the people who honestly don't have the funds to pay.
Embossing Fanatic

Default Splitcoast is a BARGAIN at any price!

Splitcoast is my main resource for stamping ideas. I pay more in subscriptions to magazines which have a limited number of ideas and have to wait 1 to 3 months between publications. Splitcoast has so many talented artists uploading and sharing their wonderful works of art - EVERYDAY!!

If you use splitcoast - support it - if you can't afford to become a full member then send whatever you can afford. I know splitcoast remains committed to keeping the site available to all - this is a noble idea - however it does take money and TIME to keep this site up and running - even more so now that it needs work to make it as efficient as it is awesome!!

I LOVE SPLITCOAST - YOU HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT FOREVER!!

Marlene Salvato
marlenesalvato.stampinup.net
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denise W
I am sorry to hear about the upcoming changes. For me, I am sorry but I won't pay for a site. I used to go to another site that now charges also. I understand that it is expensive, my husband has several sites he created and maintains for others. However, when there are tons of other sites that are free I just can't see paying for a site. I am a hobby demo and can not afford extras like paying for site access.

Best of luck in maintaining the site. I have enjoyed being able to use it for free.

Okay, I am gonna lose it...just a little...sorry Denise...

BUT YOU AREN'T LOSING ANYTHING!!!!! Please read the entire message before leaving (although I defy anyone to find a site this comprehensive and expansive). Daven isn't making this a pay-only site, for Pete's sake!

Okay, and GEEZ! I am probably going to regret this:

THIS is not just a SITE. It is a COMMUNITY. There are a lot of wonderful things here, and many people contribute to make it great, not just financially. It wouldn't be here for you to enjoy, it wouldn't be the best place out there for stampers, if people weren't willing to contribute something.

I am sorry, but your "" just came off as very flippant and sarcastic, and I am sick to death of people expecting to get something for nothing.

Lucky for all, I am not running this site. Daven and Tracy are, and they are committed to keeping this site free, even to people who are totally ungrateful for it.

I just CANNOT read these threads anymore, I don't understand attitudes like this. I will leave the enlightenment to JulieHRR and the moderators from now on.

The dreamers of the day are dangerous people,For they dream their dreams with open eyes,And make them come true.- D.H. Lawrence

Stampin' Fool

I for one would like to say THANK YOU for your announcement for this change.
At first I thought pay??? but then I sat down and flipped through my lastest issue of Creating Keepsakes, and Simple Scrapbooks and Paper Crafts and realized I get far more ideas from SCS than all those combined and 24.95 is a steal. So I forked over the cold hard cash and WOW.
Have you see the Dirty Dozen's work? I am in awe of the creations in there. If I had not been afraid of losing my biggest place of inspiration, I would never have found those treasures.
So thanks and keep up the great work. You have created a wonderful spot for us all to connect, share and inspire each other.
Heather
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future nor any powers.....will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38,39
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by qcbetty
I can't believe how many people are NOT reading the original posts, and the repeats of the original post and continue to think it's about "paying" for access!!
I agree! If people would just READ the OP they will get the answers to all their questions. I think what is happening is that people are reading the title of the thread and that is it. Maybe it would help if Daven renamed the thread.

I think whatever needs to be done, Daven will do with the least amount of related stress. He wants this to succeed just like everyone else. Please, people...read all the facts and then take a minute to breathe and then read it again. It really isn't all that bad and it is only TEMPORARY!!!
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,042 Likes on 478 Posts

I will gladly pay the $25 to help the site maintain all the equipment that must be needed! I love the gallery, it's what drew me here in the first place. (Then Lana & QC hooked me, and made me come back daily! LOL) I just want Daven and Tracy to know that not everyone thinks you should do it all for "free," and I would even love to hear that the DDD girls get a stipend of some sort to buy the stuff they put in the gallery, too! I have seen some of those projects and KNOWN they spent a pretty penny making them! And I can't even imagine how the small number of people view and post all those images daily - do you all get more than 2 hours of sleep at night? All of you deserve much more than just a clap on the back and "good job."

I will, unfortunately, be one of the ones who can't see the art for that month because I have a couple of other things that must be paid first. I am still for it - even though I won't be a part of it - because I know it's the right thing to do. When I can, I will send my money. You're on my "list!"

God bless all of you who work so hard to teach, write, create, and share all the things you do!! You inspire me!!!

Debbi
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
PAPER SCAPER

I had no idea there were that many people in the world that couldn't read!

Julie, Jenn, Dorinda (did I spell that right? It doesn't matter because Terri, Tammie and Tracy are all the same person too!) You all have more patience than I! Bless your little hearts!

For those who can�t comprehend the word temporary - it does not mean forever! The plan on this temporary is only through October if I read correctly. But I�m so confused now that I�m not sure of my own name!

And guess what all�..I do not recall Daven asking for anyone to pay. Read any one of Julie�s post and she has been more than helpful to connect you to the facts.

I�ve followed this thread for many days now and it�s been a roller coaster ride from frustrating to hilarious. That�ll teach Daven to ask a question! What were you thinking young man! Its okay�. you�re doing a wonderful job with this site and whatever you need to do is okay by me.
I paid when it was still twenty dollars and only paid to support the site, not the Fan Club (although they are spectacular talents).
I�ll gladly suffer through the upgrade if that�s what you ask of me because temporary means NOT FOREVER!
I truly enjoy this site with the challenges and the wonderful art work shared by so many. None of that could take place without you Daven and that other great computer wizard � Tom. Does anyone know who Tom is? Read the About at the top of this forum to find out.

Thank you Daven and all the staff, and the ladies that run the challenges and whoever I can't think of right now that contribute to this site; you are special people to donate as much time as you do so we can have fun!
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rox71
I had no idea there were that many people in the world that couldn't read!

Julie, Jenn, Dorinda (did I spell that right? It doesn't matter because Terri, Tammie and Tracy are all the same person too!) You all have more patience than I! Bless your little hearts!

For those who can�t comprehend the word temporary - it does not mean forever! The plan on this temporary is only through October if I read correctly. But I�m so confused now that I�m not sure of my own name!

And guess what all�..I do not recall Daven asking for anyone to pay. Read any one of Julie�s post and she has been more than helpful to connect you to the facts.

I�ve followed this thread for many days now and it�s been a roller coaster ride from frustrating to hilarious. That�ll teach Daven to ask a question! What were you thinking young man! Its okay�. you�re doing a wonderful job with this site and whatever you need to do is okay by me.
I paid when it was still twenty dollars and only paid to support the site, not the Fan Club (although they are spectacular talents).
I�ll gladly suffer through the upgrade if that�s what you ask of me because temporary means NOT FOREVER!
I truly enjoy this site with the challenges and the wonderful art work shared by so many. None of that could take place without you Daven and that other great computer wizard � Tom. Does anyone know who Tom is? Read the About at the top of this forum to find out.

Thank you Daven and all the staff, and the ladies that run the challenges and whoever I can't think of right now that contribute to this site; you are special people to donate as much time as you do so we can have fun!

A-MEN!
Insane Embellisher

Thumbs up It's totally worth the $$$

I am already a fan club member and will happily pay for gallery access - I love all the having all the great ideas at my fingertips! Plus, it's a tax write off

Amanda

Last edited by StampinManda; 09-28-2005 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: add more stuff
Cardstock Collector

Smile Paid Members Gallery

Julie and Team members,
You have an awesome site here and by your openness and honesty about the problems you are facing with the galleries, you gave me that last little push to become a fan club member. It is well worth it. I do not buy stamp magazines, I can get everything I need here. I am usually just a lurker when it comes to the forums, but I really enjoy the friendships and camaraderie that exits on this site. I am sure the confusion will die down and the site will be better than ever. I can't wait to see the Dirty Dozen Gallery! I just finished joining the fan club.
A completed album shows that you LIVED!!