Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-07-2006, 02:29 PM   #321  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Becoming a Demo!!! Super pysched!

Well i have been lurking on SCS for about a year now, and I am finally making the leap to becoming a demo. I am way nervous, but very excited! I love SU and am really enthusiastic about all their products, and a little discount for me, I won't lie:p. Any advice would be great, and tips are appreciated!!

Mindy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #322  
Rubber Obsessor

Default I'm new!

So excited!
I can't wait to share ideas!
~pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #323  
Embossing Fanatic

Post New member

I'm just exploring SCS; I joined last week, but I've been hearing great things. A lot of my friends use the gallery all the time for ideas, but no one has really explored the rest...it is really neat! I never have enough time to sit down to make cards, now I'll have to find time to do this too...what a delima! Tried to join the demo group, waiting for that response. Also tried to join a swap, we'll see where that leads me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #324  
Cardstock Collector

Talking New 2 SU

Well, I joined SU because I was buying so much...love it!!! I was caught in a lay-off and have been unemployed since Feb. So, I decided to try and make this a business. Hopefully it all works out. I just can't imagine going back to a 9-5 boring, sitting at a desk all day type job again.
So...I have been trying to figure out how to get it going.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

All the ideas I have seen here are great!!!

I look forward to chatting with all the folks around the country.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #325  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not a new demo, have been one for just over 4 years and have been lurking on SCS for quite a while but decided that I should come on out to the general forums and see what is happening so here I am!

In answer to some of the questions (many quite old) about whether or not people just sign up to get the newest ideas first I would have to honestly answer YES!!! I signed up just so I could attend convention with my good friend (who is also my upline now) and I am so hooked on the fun of being an SU demonstrator that it's really not even funny. I love teaching and sharing stamping ideas but mostly I love the little perks that demos get of seeing things first, the great SU publications they share for demos, etc. So for any of you who may be on the fence about it....I say go for it! You have nothing to loose as you end up with a lot of great product in the kit which you can keep even if you decide being a demo isn't for you.

Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 02:15 PM   #326  
Matboard Maniac

hi! my name is jennifer and i am a newbie SU demo, also new to SCS! i have been scraping for awhile and have had stamps for what feels like forever! i have recently been "hooked" though. there's SOOO much great info and resources here! i can't wait to explore more! just wanted to pop in an introduce myself!

check out my blog!
my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #327  
Unregistered

Red face Glad to meet you Jennifer!!!!

Glad to meet you. There is so much here on this site. I am trying to learn as much as I can and enjoying it very much. I am finding that when I send my "homemade" cards out to folks, they really enjoy them. Our world seems to be in such a rush all the time, I truly believe when people get something that I spend a little time on, instead of running to the grocery store or card store, they know I meant it...and took time to think of them on a more personal basis.
Right now I am trying to get a stamp camp started.
Have you done that yet?

Take care,
Tricia

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 10:10 PM   #328  
Matboard Maniac

no stamp camps yet... hoping do one in november (?). i have my first workshop scheduled for this thursday. i'm SO excited! if only my husband understood ;)

check out my blog!
my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 04:16 PM   #329  
Mad Swapper

Well, hello and welcome jenn*!!!! You're going to love this site...
Just wanted to officially welcome you and congratulate you on becoming a SU demo. You're going to be fabulous. I love your first cards. and don't worry....your DH can't help but eventually appreciate your enthusiasm.
Your very supportive upline, Kathy
SCS member #549
My Gallery
"Let your little light shine...."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 02:28 PM   #330  
Die Cut Diva

Default New to scs

Hi

My name is Camie and I was told by a friend to come look at your site because I love to make cards. . . About 13-15 of my friends and I are in a card club group where we meet. Every other month we all make 15 cards and then meet and exchange our cards while having dessert. I really like a lot of the cards in the gallery and have some new ideas:rolleyes:

I would like to know how I can reply to some of the cards I like. I quess I don't understand where to start.:confused:

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 02:39 PM   #331  
Crimping Master

Location: I am a Utah desert rat! I fry in the summer, but, oh, the winters are spectacular!

Welcome all newcomers! Glad you found SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #332  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Camie, just open up the card, and then find the reply box and hit that, then put whatever you want there! That sounds like a great club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2006, 03:24 AM   #333  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile Thinking about signing up again.

Does anyone know if there is going to be any sign on discount/bonus?

I'm thinking of signing up again.

Deb in Maine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2006, 07:10 AM   #334  
Unregistered

i know you just missed one... when i signed up (deadline was sept. 30) i got my choice of 2 pks paper, 1 stamp set, or the paper trimmer.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2006, 09:01 PM   #335  
Cardstock Collector

Hi everyone,
I am a newbie to SC and stamping. My name is Cathy, I live in Illinois just outside of Chicago, am 48 years old, grandma of three. I went to the local public library one day not long ago and signed up for a stamp class with a SU demonstrator. I have always enjoyed crafts but simply fell in love with stamping and I am having my second workshop to introduce friends and family to the art of stamping. Can't afford to become a demonstrator just now but hope to sometime in the near future. Hope to be a contributing part to this forum as I learn from all of your beautiful creations and suggestions. Thanks, hope to hear from you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 06:48 PM   #336  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Pretty new to SU

My name is Tami from Texas and I signed up July 1st. I went to a stamp camp in June and decided that with all the stuff I wanted it would be cheaper for me to sign up. Although I have never stamped before in my life. I like to scrapbook but I am a beginner at that as well. I enjoy crafts and can't wait to go full throttle. I new to this website and hope that I will find it useful as there is a lot of info out there. Hope to meet some new people and learn some new techniques.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #337  
Embossing Fanatic

Talking Aussie Newbie here!

Hi Everyone, my name is Kim Wheaton and I live in Australia. I live in Queensland which is on the east coast. I have scrapbooked since 2000 and have fallen in love with the SU stamps that have just arrived in Australia. I am looking forward to the christmas holidays to get some stamping done. I am currently a full time uni student and a single mum. My son is 14 and has Aspergers Syndrome, life is never dull. My daughter doesnt live with me, she is 19. I am studying primary education at uni. I'm in my 2nd year of a 4 year degree. I was a teacher aide for 5 years and thought I could do it so I bit the bullet and went back to school.

I hope to chat more in about 5 weeks when the semester ends and 'my' holidays begin. LOL not really holidays... theres all the house work that needs to be caught up on. My daughter loves cleaning up and really motivates me... I really need it.

Anyway, thats me...

Chat soon,
Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #338  
Cardstock Collector

Hello Kim
Iam A fellow Aussie Too and Just new to SU joined this month and SCS joined a couple of days ago was just reading the posts thinking I would like to join in when I came across your message and I thought I would just say Hi Iam from Victoria and looking forward to meeting other SU demonstrators This site rocks so much information to learn from Good luck with your studies hope to talk to you soon
Danielle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 10:00 PM   #339  
Cardstock Collector

Default New Demo and New to SCS

Hi everyone
Iam a newbie Demonstrator this month with SU in Australia Iam from Victoria which is the bottom end of OZ Iam also very new to SCS and am totally blow away by all the wonderful samples and information on this site Iam looking forward to meeting other stampers and demonstrators and finding my way around this amazing site Hopefully I will get brave enough to also post some of my cards and scrapbook pages
hope to speak to you all soon
happy stampin
Danielle
Stampin Aussie
Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
So cool you found SCS!!!

Some very pertinent and helpful info to the site is located here:

Terms of Service

For demonstrators, I highly recommend you join the Demonstrator Forums, more info here, where you can get all types of help from demonstrators of all experience levels:

Demonstrator Only Forums

Welcome and have FUN!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 10:03 PM   #340  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Danielle, Im glad you replied. I really hope your new business will flourish as it should. Once Im a teacher I will have too much money to spend but not enough time to stamp!!! LOL

Do you have any children? Married?

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 10:05 PM   #341  
Embossing Fanatic

Danielle, please find the courage to post your cards. I would love to see them. Remember we are our worst critic! Im sure they are stunning.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 01:33 AM   #342  
Cardstock Collector

Hi kim
Thanks for the encouragement as soon as I work out how to post on the gallery I will put some of my work there I am married and have three children 2 boys 11 and 18 months and a beautiful 5 year old girl all handfuls who keep me on my toes but I wouldnt be without I work on a casual basis as a florist and run an airbrush tattoo business and now Iam hoping in my spare time Ha to run a successful stampin Up bussiness I had my first party last weekend and have some future bookngs so everything is looking promising.
2 of my Kids are in bed now so Iam off to my kitchen table to stamp so I have some work to show
Happy stamping
cheers Danielle
Stampin aussie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 07:07 AM   #343  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Kind of new to SCS site

For several months I have looked through the site and been amazed at the images in the gallery. I love to scrap and have been doing it for 10 years and started stamping about 4 years ago. I am hoping to sign up as a demonstrator for SU by the end of the year. If not then in January for sure. I have my open house already planned and I can't wait to start doing workshops, I love to teach.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 07:36 AM   #344  
Cardstock Collector

Hello Eveyone,
I, too, am a newbie to the SCS site and I love it! A close friend has encouraged me to check it out for some time now and being the procrastinator that I put it off and put it off. Finally I said fine, I'll look and I have not been the same since. There are so many talented people here and such a huge number of tutorials and techniques and even challenges that it will keep me busy for the rest of my natural life, maybe longer if I can figure out how to get my stamps and pads to stay in my pocket when I walk over. But that is another story. I have been stamping for a few years and doing watercolors for 2. I make cards for family and friends birthdays and Christmas cards for about 175. I also have 23 patients in a couple of nursing homes to whom I send birthday and holiday cards of all sorts to. These folks' names were given to me when I asked for people who have little or no family and get few visitors and little mail. I do it because they deserve to have a bright spot in their day every now and then and to be remembered on their birthday. Just to see the smiles on their faces makes it all worth while. So as you can see I stay very busy with my stamping and painting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 08:47 AM   #345  
Pearl-ExPert

You can call Stampin' Up! and ask for your id number.
Terri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 11:49 AM   #346  
Cardstock Collector

Hi, I'm fairly new to SCS. I'm not a demo but love the site and all the ideas. stamping is my passion and the more ways I can find to use the stamps the more I love it. This is one hobby I can't seem to put down. To all with galleries, they are wonderful-keep up the good work. Maybe one of these days I will try to put my things on if I can figure it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2006, 06:44 AM   #347  
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up

Hi!
My name is Teri, and I'm from Fort Atkinson, WI. I've been stamping for a little over a year now and am totally addicted!!!! I've been coming to this site for about 6 months, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!! ( Although this is the first time I've actually posted anything)
Everyone here has some of the most amazing cards I've ever seen!!
Thank you so much for such a great place to visit for such wonderful ideas!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #348  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile Newbie Looking for Iowa demos and upline

Hello,
I just found this great site and I am Soooo impressed!! You all are very talented stampers.

I am just beginning stamping and am considering becoming a SU demonstrator. I am concerned about becoming a demo since I am so inexperienced with stamping. I have been scrapping for some time but have just recently started stamping. If anyone has any advice - Pro's or Con's I would appreciate it.

I need to get hooked up with an upline so I can look into becoming a demo. I am also looking for mentors who would be willing to answer my newbie questions.

Looking forward to new friendships, new ideas, and new beginnings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2006, 06:19 AM   #349  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Iowastamps
Just saw your post and wanted to give you the encouragement to join SU as a demonstrator.

I am a newbie demonstrator in Australia I only joined last month. Like you Iam a scrapper and very new to stamping and cardmaking.

SU is also very new to Australia Alot of people here have never heard of Stampin' Up! let alone tried stamping I have found though from the few workshops I have had that once they try the products they get excited.

everyone I have introduced to Stampin' Up! and have tried the products have brought and some have booked workshops better still two people have also joined SU as demos too.

Iam sure that once you find a local Up line become confident with the products and join up you will find that it sells its self.

You have found SCS the best site ever draw on it for inspiration and skills.

I wish you the best of Luck and hope You find a local Stamping up group soon.
Best wishes
Danielle
Stamping Aussie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2006, 04:21 AM   #350  
Cardstock Collector

Hello I am a newbie to SCS, But have been a SU demonstrator for 3 years now, I am amazed at all SCS has to offer it is overwhelming. Happy Stamping. Mary Ellen In Wood River IL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2006, 05:05 AM   #351  
Cardstock Collector

OK call me slow... But where is the SU Demo group? I keep looking and I am sure it is right under my nose but!! I can not see it. Thank you SO much for the help. I just got my demo number yesterday and I can not WAIT to get started. I need all the help I can get. Thanks again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2006, 02:46 AM   #352  
Glitter Queen

Default Dustygal3

Good Morning!
I am so new that I don't hardly know what to do next. Yes, I am a stampin'up demo...since August 05. I love to stamp especially cards and scrapbook pages. I have begun to sell pre-made scrapbooks and am so enjoying that! I really need to know the ins and outs of stampindivas. I look forward to getting to know each of you! Dusty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #353  
Glitter Queen

Question I'm new and WOW!

I'm not new to stamping (been at it for about 10 years), but just became a SU! demonstrator (some of us are slow learners) and recently found SCS. What a wonderful resource, and how great to have so much support out there. I'm still finding my way around this treasure trove; each new turn is an adventure. But...what do the little yellow stars next to stamp sets in the gallery mean??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 02:38 AM   #354  
Glitter Queen

Default No, I am not a new demo...just new to stampin divas

Sorry it took so long to answer! I had forgot my password: so I had to go through that whole thing...I have been a demo since August of 2005. I love it! Can't say that I have made much money...in fact, I have yet to break even but I am still at it. My dh and I have just moved into a new house and I will have the WHOLE upstairs for a scrap and stamp studio!!! I am so excited...now, if I can just find all of my stuff...life will be grand! I concentrate on cards and also make and sell scrapbooks of all kinds to the public...thats my favorite part! Dusty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 03:47 AM   #355  
Cardstock Collector

Hello all,
I am a new SU demonstartor this year although i have been stamping for about three. I am finding it very hard to book workshop since my area is saturated with SU.. What if anything can i do.. people just are not interested... is there a differnet avenue that i can take or approach???
please help... any suggestions welcom..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 03:53 AM   #356  
Glitter Queen

Talking I'm a New Demo, too

Good morning! I became a SU Demo about a month ago and am just overwhelmed with all the resources available on this site for us. I've had an open house - which taught me a lot about being more prepared! - and I have a party coming up later this month. My wonderful upline/sister-in-law is going to come help me - Yay! I'm hoping to be accepted as a member to the demo sites on SCS. My s-i-l says it is awesome. Hope to be talking to lots of you soon. By the way, I'm married to my best friend who gives me great stamping ideas, have one 12-year-old daughter who is the light of my life - we live happily in Lubbock, Texas. If you're in the neighborhood, drop me a line!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 06:26 AM   #357  
Cardstock Collector

Cool Both

I am new to SU and scs I hope that all goes well for you... I love Su products and have great fun my trouble is no one that has had or that has come to a workshop is really interested in booking one. I hope that someone has some great ideas for me ... i thought that i would try to give out card fronts with best friends stamp set for halloween for the moms.. seeing as i get alot of kids for halloween what does any one think???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 07:02 AM   #358  
Glitter Queen

Default Workshshops

Girl, I am so sorry to be late answering...I have moved into a wreck of a house and I am very overwhelmend with all I have to do! Yes, I am having trouble with workshops because of the overwhelming dealers in this area...so, I am branching out...making individual scrapbooks for people, giving workshops for new techniques and alot of classes. People tend to respond better to a class. I hope you have great success! Hugs! Dusty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 07:25 AM   #359  
Cardstock Collector

Default Help MN

TY for replying, sorry to hear about your house situations. I Have invited people t o a class but no one has showed up So whats next???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 07:26 AM   #360  
Glitter Queen

Thanks everyone for the wonderful help!

Ginger5cents
Reply With Quote Likes