Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-26-2022, 10:31 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts
Default Still no videos for some?

I can't find my original thread. It's great to be able to insert images again, thanks for that. And for being able to adjust cookie preferences.

I still can't see videos, though - neither in threads not in the gallery (where for the last months, of people post a video link in the gallery it autoconverts to an embedded video). In both instances I just see a large blank space where it should be. PC (Windows 11, Chrome), Android 12, Chrome). I've also tried in Firefox.
I did notice that when I tried adding a video to a challenge post, I could see it in edit mode but not one I posted the challenge.

I presume you can see the video on the challenge linked here, but the screenshot shows my blank screen.
WT911 - Cars & Trucks & Things That Go - 08/25/2022 by Cook22 at Splitcoaststampers

Since there isn't even a clickable link in gallery uploads, it's hard to follow up anything interesting.

Attached Thumbnails
Still no videos for some?-screenshot_20220927-072739.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2022, 04:00 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

That is so bizarre. I'm Chrome, Windows 10 and can see them. However, in your post, it shouldn't still be showing the raw link, it should just autoconvert it.

When did this start happening?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2022, 04:00 AM   #3  

PS can you see them in the tutorials?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2022, 05:38 AM   #4  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
That is so bizarre. I'm Chrome, Windows 10 and can see them. However, in your post, it shouldn't still be showing the raw link, it should just autoconvert it.

When did this start happening?
It happened at the same time that you switched to One Trust. That week, for sure. There was a post about it here, with links to the Watercolor Wednesday challenge thread where a whole load of people were unable to see the video, and yet some people could. But I guess the thread got archived.

And now that you ask - no, I don't see them in the tutorials either. Ha. I don't usually go to the videos unless I'm totally stuck with something. Not in Edge, not in Chrome, not in Firefox, not in Opera. For 100% sure it happened at the cookie management changeover time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2022, 05:49 AM   #5  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
It happened at the same time that you switched to One Trust. That week, for sure. There was a post about it here, with links to the Watercolor Wednesday challenge thread where a whole load of people were unable to see the video, and yet some people could. But I guess the thread got archived.

And now that you ask - no, I don't see them in the tutorials either. Ha. I don't usually go to the videos unless I'm totally stuck with something. Not in Edge, not in Chrome, not in Firefox, not in Opera. For 100% sure it happened at the cookie management changeover time.

Interesting that they came back for most of us after the recent deployments. I sent a note to the team.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2022, 06:01 AM   #6  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

ps - the link DID autoformat when I was prepping the thread, and I could see the YouTube player clearly when in edit mode, though not when I try to edit now. The unconverted link was me providing something that people who couldn't see the video could click on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2022, 07:54 AM   #7  

We have tried REALLY hard to reproduce this and cannot - not on any device :(

I wonder if you have a really long-lived cached version stuck somewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2022, 06:16 AM   #8  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Well, at least I didn't lose my Wordle stats this time but I've lost them for Phrazle and still have no videos in Chrome. I do now see them in Firefox - which I had to install for PhotoPost to work back when we were having issues with that early in the year. It's not my default browser or even my second string, but at least I have an option.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2022, 09:21 AM   #9  

Quote:

Well, at least I didn't lose my Wordle stats this time but I've lost them for Phrazle and still have no videos in Chrome. I do now see them in Firefox - which I had to install for PhotoPost to work back when we were having issues with that early in the year. It's not my default browser or even my second string, but at least I have an option.

This is so bizarre. Can you give me device info, OS version for the device and version for chrome
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2022, 09:38 AM   #10  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

It's something to do with the editor, I think.
I used a video in the TLC on Monday. I staged it on Sunday and I couldn't see anything (4 different browsers on the PC, all up to date, Windows 11. Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera). I had to ask Jean to make sure that people would be able to see it. I went back in later to edit it and include the link to my card, and in the edit mode I could see the copied URL for the video, and when I saved changes, I could see the embedded video. But next time I loaded the page, I was back to a blank space where the video should be.
Same thing on my phone (Android 12, up to date Chrome unless there's been a new version since last week. I don't auto update but I do manual updates once a week) when I was responding to a query from Dina on the "need help identifying a stamp" thread. I embedded the video in trust. Went back to add a link to a card I had made using it, and same thing: after editing I could see the video, but the next time I refreshed the page, no video.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2022, 02:45 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 658 Likes on 415 Posts

I am getting mail from CAkath and she also cannot see the video's they are just a blank black space for her. So, I had suggested maybe should could try clearing here Cache from the browser but, it looks like its not just her?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2022, 03:17 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts

Good to know I am not crazy. This occurred after some craziness went on at the site for me. Suddenly I got a message that my subscription had expired but the date was 2 months prior to the message. I wrote several notes for assistance and no one responded. Eventually I got my access back but for the WC challenge haven't been able to see the entire post. There is always a large box with no text. There are no links and I can't view the videos. It was so crazy as I would send a message in for help and them could not find my Private messages. This is a couple of months of craziness if that time reference helps you. I am not at all as knowdgeable as Sabrina so I hope she can help you figure this out. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
JBgreendawn (11-10-2022)
Old 11-11-2022, 07:29 AM   #13  

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAKathView Post
Good to know I am not crazy. This occurred after some craziness went on at the site for me. Suddenly I got a message that my subscription had expired but the date was 2 months prior to the message. I wrote several notes for assistance and no one responded. Eventually I got my access back but for the WC challenge haven't been able to see the entire post. There is always a large box with no text. There are no links and I can't view the videos. It was so crazy as I would send a message in for help and them could not find my Private messages. This is a couple of months of craziness if that time reference helps you. I am not at all as knowdgeable as Sabrina so I hope she can help you figure this out. Thanks.
I don't have an email from you Kathy! Maybe the captcha didn't work on your message.

What is your device and browser info?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2022, 07:30 AM   #14  

Quote:

It's something to do with the editor, I think.
I used a video in the TLC on Monday. I staged it on Sunday and I couldn't see anything (4 different browsers on the PC, all up to date, Windows 11. Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera). I had to ask Jean to make sure that people would be able to see it. I went back in later to edit it and include the link to my card, and in the edit mode I could see the copied URL for the video, and when I saved changes, I could see the embedded video. But next time I loaded the page, I was back to a blank space where the video should be.
Same thing on my phone (Android 12, up to date Chrome unless there's been a new version since last week. I don't auto update but I do manual updates once a week) when I was responding to a query from Dina on the "need help identifying a stamp" thread. I embedded the video in trust. Went back to add a link to a card I had made using it, and same thing: after editing I could see the video, but the next time I refreshed the page, no video.
Is there a time you could screenshare with one of our developers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2022, 11:42 AM   #15  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Is there a time you could screenshare with one of our developers?
Pacific is 8 hours behind. I'm hitting bed pretty early these days, but if around noon Pacific Time suited on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday I could manage that. Just give me a chance tomorrow to be sure I can replicate the thing with editing a post briefly displaying the video. I'm pretty sure I can, because it's happened each time I've tried adding a video.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2022, 03:38 AM   #16  

Quote:

Pacific is 8 hours behind. I'm hitting bed pretty early these days, but if around noon Pacific Time suited on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday I could manage that. Just give me a chance tomorrow to be sure I can replicate the thing with editing a post briefly displaying the video. I'm pretty sure I can, because it's happened each time I've tried adding a video.
Okay let me see if someone is available!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2022, 03:54 AM   #17  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I didn't have time to check that I could reproduce it, didn't have the PC on over the weekend. Also while it has Zoom, I have no audio input. Not sure what other screenshare options there are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2022, 04:15 AM   #18  

Quote:

I didn't have time to check that I could reproduce it, didn't have the PC on over the weekend. Also while it has Zoom, I have no audio input. Not sure what other screenshare options there are.
I'm not sure what software they use - we don't use zoom for our meetings. We use google meet - but they might use something totally different.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2022, 04:16 AM   #19  

Oh and they'll want you to share from the device you're normally using, so if that's your tablet, use that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2022, 09:29 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, I'm still having issues and Sabrina has articulated it exactly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2022, 04:04 AM   #21  

Quote:

Yes, I'm still having issues and Sabrina has articulated it exactly.
We need your device model and year, the browser you're using (including the version #)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2022, 09:55 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

We need your device model and year, the browser you're using (including the version #)
MacBook Pro (15 in, 2018
2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Chrome. Not sure how to find the version #.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2022, 10:13 AM   #23  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I'm not iOs, but it should be a similar process. Go to Settings in Chrome, and down at the bottom (probably) will be "About Chrome", and if you tap on that it should show you the version.
(On my phone I get to settings by tapping the three dots at the top right of the screen. I'm too tired to think how I do it on the desktop, which I have just switched off.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
CAKath (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 02:46 PM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

MacBook Pro (15 in, 2018
2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Chrome. Not sure how to find the version #.
Found it!
Version 108.0.5359.124 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Reply With Quote Likes