Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-28-2022, 05:25 PM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 784 Likes on 320 Posts
Default Stamping with Minc Foiling Machine

I'm thinking of buying a Mini Minc Machine for foiling, but want to use it with rubber stamps. I've been reading and watching videos for information.

I'd really like some personal opinions on using the Minc with rubber stamping.

thank you for your input.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2022, 07:41 AM   #2  

Received 838 Likes on 277 Posts

So I personally have never stamped and foiled but like you I have watched videos and I honestly like the consistent quality that Jennifer McGuire gets when using white embossing powder. Stamping with the versamark ink and melting the EP seems to work really well.
I have however used a two way glue like Tombow Multi in stencils and then used my laminator to do the foiling and it turned out quite well. You have to let the glue dry to tacky though.
I just bought a glimmer hot foil system but haven't had a chance to play with it yet. It uses a different foil than laminators do.
For foiling Heidi Swapp style I initially bought the Minc ($75) to use for my daughter's wedding invitations. My husband had to take it apart twice to unjam foil and paper from it. I don't know if it's because we were mass producing or what but it ruined several pieces of the limited quantity of the cardstock I was using. We finally went and bought just a regular laminator for a fraction of the price and breezed through the remainder of the foiling without any issues.

So, in order to keep from having to clean adhesive off your stamps I recommend the VM/Eat method that Jennifer M uses.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
123scrap (08-31-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 08:49 AM   #3  

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaddictView Post
So I personally have never stamped and foiled but like you I have watched videos and I honestly like the consistent quality that Jennifer McGuire gets when using white embossing powder. Stamping with the versamark ink and melting the EP seems to work really well.
I have however used a two way glue like Tombow Multi in stencils and then used my laminator to do the foiling and it turned out quite well. You have to let the glue dry to tacky though.
I just bought a glimmer hot foil system but haven't had a chance to play with it yet. It uses a different foil than laminators do.
For foiling Heidi Swapp style I initially bought the Minc ($75) to use for my daughter's wedding invitations. My husband had to take it apart twice to unjam foil and paper from it. I don't know if it's because we were mass producing or what but it ruined several pieces of the limited quantity of the cardstock I was using. We finally went and bought just a regular laminator for a fraction of the price and breezed through the remainder of the foiling without any issues.

So, in order to keep from having to clean adhesive off your stamps I recommend the VM/Eat method that Jennifer M uses.
Thanks Shellie, that's the kind of information that is very helpful!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
123scrap (08-31-2022)
Old 09-01-2022, 12:46 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I have stamped and had great results. I used some rubber stamps - I have not used polymer or the rubber stamps for fine lettered stamps. First I made sure my Versa Mark was properly inked, then I stamped my image in Versa Mark to my paper. Then I coated it with clear embossing powder and used the heat gun to set the embossing powder. After that I ran my embossed paper and foil through my Minc machine in the carrier sheet that came with my Minc. Voila - foiled image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2022, 02:29 PM   #5  

I didn't know you could apply the foil to a heat embossed image! That's great to know then I wouldn't have to buy that toner ink which makes a horrendous mess if you get it on anything, are the glue that they sell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2022, 06:04 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Interesting....will have to try
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2022, 08:54 AM   #7  

Received 838 Likes on 277 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post
I didn't know you could apply the foil to a heat embossed image! That's great to know then I wouldn't have to buy that toner ink which makes a horrendous mess if you get it on anything, are the glue that they sell.
This is the method that I was telling you Jennifer McGuire uses. I've watched her videos and am amazed at how well it turns out, every single time.
Reply With Quote Likes