Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-02-2022, 01:54 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Overwhelmed, need help

My first grand baby is coming this February, a boy, and I bought the Ciao Bella Paper my first year to make the pages. I think that now I have to just start from the beginning and make pages and use the Ciao Bella paper as the embellishments. Just start with 12 x 12 cardstock in a matching colour. I am not even sure if I want to make this like a baby book or just wing it. See I am overwhelmed. I have not been scrapbooking on a regular basis for the last many years but make cards. Does anyone have ideas on where to start. I did my kids books years ago with a kit so they are pretty dated, lol. Any help would be appreciated. I am also thinking I could get a fellow scrapbooker to just make it for me and give it to my kids as a gift. See I am not sure I want to even make them a book because they are into taking pictures and they are all on their phones. Overwhelmed.

Thank you in advance,

Lorri
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2022, 02:19 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

I like your thought process toward the end of the paragraph. Do they want a hard copy scrapbook or will their world be digital? If the recipient isn’t super-interested I would personally watch how much time and stress I put on myself to construct.

If you decide to carry forward, check Pinterest for ideas (which will likely add to the overwhelming feeling). Lots there to sort through.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2022, 02:27 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Yup Pintrest just got me really confused. That is when I thought just buy plain cardstock and make the pages with the ciao Bella cut up. Have you seen that paper, it is beautiful but busy.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
ejluyk (01-05-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 03:57 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

I know how overwhelming it can be to start the actual process of making a particular scrapbook. I even understand that making an 'anything goes' scrapbook can be equally daunting to some of us. Since you're considering a scrapbook with the potential of more pages than are included in one kit of papers, remember that those particular paterns/colors will often change from the company as they move on to fresh new product to sell. For me, life itself changes, just like the new grand baby will be changing .... so colors & patterns can also change .... no problem. ;)

The alternative to kits that I have tried is items from Kiwi Lane. They offer templates to use for designing pages pretty easily. They also have kits if you like. By using the templates it almost lends a cohesive feel across all pages in that respect, even though papers & colors can be changed per your whim. It's just a thought that I've discovered and enjoy a bit. I even bought a 2nd catalog after the first for more visual ideas to nudge me along. Mind you, I am not truly a scrapbooker, so mine is a cardmaker's viewpoint. LOL

Best wishes on scrapping that new grand blessing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2022, 07:50 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

First, congratulations! Will you be including the pictures, or will the parents be adding them? If they are going to be adding them, maybe divided page protectors would be the way to go. You can cut the paper you have into the right sizes and slip them in, adding some embellishments here and there. The pictures (no matter who adds them) can be added later.

Since you make cards, this style scrapbook might be easier for you, because you will essentially be working with cards.

Good luck, have fun, and congratulations again!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
TeeGeeDee (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 01:53 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

No, sorry cannot do that type of scrapbooking. I did it for a bit and both my kids did not like it after all the many albums I had done over the years. The card making has become my retirement project, going to a farmers market and a couple of craft fairs. I am thinking I am going to get to my scrapbook store and match up some 12 x 12 cardstock and just make the pages from cutting up the set I thought I would use. I think I just need someone to grab me by the hand and work with me, lol. I will get this done. I work real well under stress.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2022, 09:14 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I too scrapbooked for years and have focused on card making and smaller projects for last few years. I am working on doing a scrapbook for my daughter/son-in-law of them building a cabin in the woods. I decided for the ease of it all to do a Becky Higgins type, project life book. I am using 3 ring binder , (chose 6 x 8 ) added the pocket (various combinations) pages and will be slipping in photos and journaling cards (which you can make from scrapbook paper or add various embellishments from. Less stress for me and more enjoyable for them. Less printing of so many photos and pick the ones you can use.

Eloise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2022, 06:45 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby album

What about just doing a simple album about baby's firsts
? It could be smaller album that could be more of a display album (6 x 6).You could do baby's first day, first lock of hair, first bath, first smile, first steps, Etc and end with first birthday. Having a theme might help it come together more easily. Enjoy your new grandbaby! There's a lot of cute baby paper out there right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2022, 11:53 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: scrappin and cat napping in the thumb of Minglerville
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've made several baby books for coworkers, friends and family. I used my own for reference. I added pages for the milestones from first words, losing teeth, first haircut all the way up to 5 years old when he started school. I also created pages that parents can give their kids a reference to their (the parents) history while they grew up, including family trees, a look into grandparents and other family members.
I got started scrapbooking after I lost five family members within 5 months and I couldn't get answers to questions that I had about my parents and pictures of people that I knew nothing about. It was too late once they were gone. I found a book I had given my dad with questions that he was able to fill in about what it was like for him growing up.
Reply With Quote Likes