Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-13-2021, 12:49 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Stamping tools out of stock everywhere?

HI. I’m just getting back into the paper arts. For the style I’ve chosen, a good stamping tool and glass work surface are very important. My first choices are a Misti stamper V2.0 and a Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat. But…

It looks like they are out of stock everywhere. Anyone know why this is happening? Anyone else having this problem?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Dan.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Bahb (06-16-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 06:21 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

Since that's made by Tonic, I would say that they are the bottleneck in the process. I've experienced the "everybody is out" with other items they make in the past. Eventually they come back in stock. No fun, for sure.

As for the MISTI stamping tool, Brutus Monroe has it here:
https://www.brutusmonroe.com/product...-stamping-tool
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2021, 08:27 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

We are Memory Keepers has two versions of. Glass media mats: the “precison”: https://www.scrapbook.com/store/wr-71299-2.html and the “mixed media”: https://www.scrapbook.com/store/ac-660657.html. I have the “precision” version and find it quite serviceable. I also have the Tim Holtz media mat and it looks to me like the mixed media is a knock-off of the Tim Holtz version, rectangular with a plain mixing palette on the left. The precision is cheaper and smaller while the mixed media one is comparable in price; both appear to be in stock at various locations.

Last edited by thatyank; 06-15-2021 at 08:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2021, 09:33 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 492 Likes on 271 Posts

Misti is pretty much always available at their own website:

https://www.mysweetpetunia.com/category-s/107.htm

Amazon appears to have several choices on glass media mats:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=glass+med...f=nb_sb_noss_2

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2021, 01:15 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I am assuming you want a full size as I am seeing travel size around at Tonic Studios USA, Ellen Hutson, Simon Says Stamp....

We need to go the source on this one....Tonic is a British company. They do have it and they do ship to the US....maybe free since it pricey.

https://www.tonic-studios.co.uk/coll...edia-mat-1914e

I see a left handed full size option on Amazon right now if you are willing to flip it to right:
https://www.amazon.com/Tonic-Studios...791403&sr=8-12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2021, 01:38 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi. First Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

Regarding the Misti, I finally found one on TayloredExpressions.com. It should be here on Tuesday the 17th of June.

Regarding the "We R Memory Keepers - Mixed Media Glass Mat", I bought one at Joanns yesterday and took it back today. After I got it home, I realized that it was too big for my desk. So I returned it today.

I've looked on Amazon several times. All of the glass mats there are either too big, too small, or are in a distracting color (i.e. not black on white, or white on black).

At this point, I'm going to buy something cheap like this silicone mat:
Amazon.com: 19.7” x 15.7” Jewelry Resin Mold Silicone Mat. Hopefully, in a few months, the economy will stabilize and more products will be available.

Best regards,

Dan.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2021, 09:06 PM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Speaking of Out of Stock, has anyone checked the Fiskars web site recently? I think 80% of the items are out of stock! When I asked a customer rep about this, I was told, if it's out of stock, it probably won't ever be back in stock. How can a company survive like that?
Some web sites have an explanation: "due to...we are experiencing..."
Nothing on the Fiskars site.

So, here I sit, cradling my non-functioning "Lace" border punch in my arms, broken hearted, tears streaming down my...

Okay, maybe too much drama:lolo:, but I can't find anything that satisfies me to replace it.

I know the supply chain is seriously disrupted due to Covid, but Fiskars seems like an extreme case (or not?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2021, 03:58 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Suggestion…

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanMView Post
HI. I’m just getting back into the paper arts. For the style I’ve chosen, a good stamping tool and glass work surface are very important. My first choices are a Misti stamper V2.0 and a Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat. But…

It looks like they are out of stock everywhere. Anyone know why this is happening? Anyone else having this problem?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Dan.
I would wait for TH glass mat. I had the Memory Keepers one (which I liked) bit it is square and I always found myself wanting more room. I LOVE TH one. Best thing o ever purchased. I also have the Misti (older version). It is a great (bit expensive) product. I found my “door” was loose and I would sometimes stamp my stamp a second time slightly off. So I bought a MUCH cheaper version by. Couture Creations which I like just as well (it has no sides). Pros and cons to both, but for the price, I’d buy the couture creations …..just my opinion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2021, 05:37 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Misti

Just goggle Misti Stamp tool and you will find a company that sells it. Also, Tim Holtz makes a stamp tool similar and cheaper. As far as a glass mat, I just used a glass cutting board that is used in kitchens. If you get a stamp tool, try to find the medium to large size. I had a small Misti and very limited what you can do in the future for expanding your interest in paper crafts and stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2021, 08:53 AM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 492 Likes on 271 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here and ThereView Post
Speaking of Out of Stock, has anyone checked the Fiskars web site recently? I think 80% of the items are out of stock! When I asked a customer rep about this, I was told, if it's out of stock, it probably won't ever be back in stock. How can a company survive like that?
Some web sites have an explanation: "due to...we are experiencing..."
Nothing on the Fiskars site.

So, here I sit, cradling my non-functioning "Lace" border punch in my arms, broken hearted, tears streaming down my...

Okay, maybe too much drama:lolo:, but I can't find anything that satisfies me to replace it.

I know the supply chain is seriously disrupted due to Covid, but Fiskars seems like an extreme case (or not?)
I don't know about current supply, but it is possible that if it's manufactured in China, supply may be iffy. I will say Fiskars has always been fabulous about guarantee- they replace broken items with no kind of time limit, with a photo of the damage. I was bereft about a punch that was damaged and out of stock, and the rep sent me a box full of other punches gratis. Who does that???

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2021, 09:21 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,712 Likes on 1,837 Posts

Fiskars stands up to their guarantee. I had a punch that arrived with a broken handle and I finally contacted them, a year or so later, and they didn't make it anymore. They replaced it with another image in a similar size. I was surprised that they took care of their warrantee and it made me happy.

Dan, you will love your Misti. If you have any issues, Taylored Expressions should take good care of you.
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2021, 01:02 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Dan, I'm not a fan of stores that are selling the remains of all the great stamping vendors we remember from about 15 years ago, but when you know exactly what you want you might find it by typing the item into the address bar on your browser. The list that comes up isn't necessarily exhaustive, because it ALWAYS lists Amazon first, but more often than not, they have what i need when no other place does. it's always worth a try. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2021, 05:29 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the travel size TH glass media mat. I use it at home and it’s perfect for all of my wet work since I mostly make cards and ATCs. It’s about 15 by 10.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2021, 06:22 AM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fischar

Fischar use to be into punches and craft cutting tools years ago but into sewing tools. I don't think their quality was any better than other companies even to this day and much prefer other brands.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2021, 07:55 AM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

Folks,

Thanks for all the great feedback. To bring you up to date:
  • Regarding the “We R Memory Keepers” mat, when I returned it I had a nice conversation with a JoAnns’ manager who stopped to chat. I asked her if they were having supply chain issues too. That opened the “flood gates” because I touched a hot button of hers. She spent about 10 minutes talking about all the issues that the company and her store had with the broken supply chain!
  • My Misti arrived yesterday from Taylored Expressions, one day early. Since then I purchased three more items. They have responded quickly to my questions. Great experience with TE.
  • Regarding glass mats, I considered the TH travel mat. But it’s too small for my needs. The standard size, right hand mat is just the right size for me. So I’ll wait.
  • About vendors, I typically start with Amazon because they have a huge inventory of almost anything, have reasonable prices, great shipping, and excellent return policies. And returns are a breeze because a Whole Foods market is less than two miles from here. Typically it takes less than one minute to walk in, drop off the UNBOXED items, scan my iPhone return code, and walk out.
Other good vendors I like are Daniel Smith, Dick Blick, and a local art store about 6 miles from here.
  • I’m sorry to hear about the Fiskars’ issues. I’m a HUGE fan of Fiskars’ products, including yard tools and scissers (I have at least 8 pairs). And my new Fiskars paper trimmer works very well. (Go to Amazon and search for “Fiskars 152490-1004 SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer”)
Again, thanks for the great feedback.

Regards,

Dan.

p.s. I tried to add a link to Amazon above, but the link sends me to EBay! I hate this kind of hijacking. So I changed this to a description.

Last edited by DanM; 06-17-2021 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: Trying to fix broken link
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
lovinpaper (06-17-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 07:40 PM   #16  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
I don't know about current supply, but it is possible that if it's manufactured in China, supply may be iffy. I will say Fiskars has always been fabulous about guarantee- they replace broken items with no kind of time limit, with a photo of the damage. I was bereft about a punch that was damaged and out of stock, and the rep sent me a box full of other punches gratis. Who does that???

You started me thinking. I thought everything was manufactured in Finland, where the company originated and where headquarters are. Further investigation reveals that, yes, manufacturing is done in China, which explains a lot. There may also still be a plant in the USA, if so, probably only making a few products.

You are right about their return policy; it is really amazing! No one else backs their products this way. This is how I discovered the out of stock supply, Someone passed on to me a set of small punches and 5 of the 12 didn't "pop up" the way they were supposed to. Couldn't use them. I was sure they were years old, but I decided to try to make a claim, since this was my second experience with a defective Fiskars product. I did NOT expect them to say "Go pick out something else, this product is obsolete." Wish I had known about that policy when my favorite border punch broke so long ago. I can't submit another claim, it just seems greedy.

I'm wondering if the policy will change once we come out the other end of Covid. The scary part is the lack of products and that the customer rep saying they probably won't be back in stock.

I guess the other scary part is the lack of supply in so many other things, as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2021, 11:13 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Received 301 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm a bit late to the party, but wanted to interject that if you aren't stuck on a specific brand, I think you may be pleased with the offerings of Glassboard Studio. They are out of Utah.

Reply With Quote Likes