Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-24-2020, 05:50 AM   #1721  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Merry Christmas Eve to one and all!  50 degrees and horrific wind yesterday (Shelly, did you send that?  ). Now this morning it’s 18 and there are beautiful frosted designs on the windows.  Our snow warning is for later today and all of tomorrow, just in time for Christmas!

Each of the families in our mixed family are celebrating in their own homes.  Two granddaughters are nurses and one grandson is a fireman, so they don’t want to expose anyone just in case.  DH bought us a small turkey, dressing mixings, a vegetable, and the tiniest pumpkin pie you ever saw!  That way we won’t overindulge the way we always do.  

Stay safe ladies, enjoy your day the best we all can.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 05:57 AM   #1722  
Proud Fan Club Member

I have been watching WAY too many videos, and my head is spinning with ideas of stuff to make.  I saw an idea, take a small bag, which I bought at HL, and a library card or something equivalent in size, wrap the envelope around the card on one side, glue it to the back of the card, and decorate!  I’m posting photos below.  I’ll glue these to cs just for a bit of mixed media effect.

Here is the video. https://youtu.be/neZ8dB9W6MQ
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-f99e95fd-41f9-4619-b138-e7bbdcd2c6ea.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-8a878f8f-8156-43ca-aeb8-33594fbc2bef.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-840c2442-f994-43ac-a79e-3c36f9386583.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-c6435937-c3b1-4fd2-b762-7fcdffc8a02e.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-c956c022-b2aa-406c-9d68-ef5be41e2f85.jpg  

Last edited by Kemernow; 12-24-2020 at 06:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 06:03 AM   #1723  
Proud Fan Club Member

Dagmar, love your photos, thank you for posting them!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 07:33 AM   #1725  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hello alpha sisters and a very Merry Christmas Eve to you too! We have snow On the ground and very high winds so it is going to be a white Christmas after all. I hope this finds you all safe and warm, and a very Merry Christmas to you all too. ~Karen M.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 07:52 AM   #1726  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Good morning Alpha dears! Merry Christmas! Karen, so good to hear from you.

I was thinking of the phrase, "May your spirits be bright." I think that was it...lol. It's been a tough year and a lot of us need some uplifting of spirits. Sending you all hugs and encouragement!

Kandie, those are beautiful tags! Dagmar such pretty pictures! Sounds like some yummy food Jan! 

Sharon, yes, we're alone too. Perhaps, it will give us time to reflect and appreciate the true meaning of Christmas. We are so blessed, even though sometimes it doesn't feel like it. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 08:14 AM   #1727  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Merry Christmas dear dear friends! You are all amazing! 

We still have snow on the ground but it's been raining all morning and we have flood warnings and wind warnings. But no winds so far. DH just left to get gas, antifreeze and pick up an order my demo friend forgot to put in my box! 

Yesterday he brought home a ton of stuff he had hanging in his office since he only works one more day. January 4th is his last day. The stuff he brought home was deer antlers, turkey fan feathers etc! We have no room here for them so not sure what he'll do with them. They were hanging at work because we have no room! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 10:26 AM   #1728  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Merry Christmas Eve to one and all!  50 degrees and horrific wind yesterday (Shelly, did you send that?  ). Now this morning it’s 18 and there are beautiful frosted designs on the windows.  Our snow warning is for later today and all of tomorrow, just in time for Christmas!

Each of the families in our mixed family are celebrating in their own homes.  Two granddaughters are nurses and one grandson is a fireman, so they don’t want to expose anyone just in case.  DH bought us a small turkey, dressing mixings, a vegetable, and the tiniest pumpkin pie you ever saw!  That way we won’t overindulge the way we always do.  

Stay safe ladies, enjoy your day the best we all can.

The wind certainly care from WI....we had gale force winds yesterday.  Today it has calmed down some, but super cold.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:26 AM   #1729  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
I have been watching WAY too many videos, and my head is spinning with ideas of stuff to make.  I saw an idea, take a small bag, which I bought at HL, and a library card or something equivalent in size, wrap the envelope around the card on one side, glue it to the back of the card, and decorate!  I’m posting photos below.  I’ll glue these to cs just for a bit of mixed media effect.

Here is the video. https://youtu.be/neZ8dB9W6MQ

So pretty Kandie!
Old 12-24-2020, 11:53 AM   #1730  
Proud Fan Club Member

If this rain was snow we wouldn't be going anywhere until spring! It's still raining! On top of the foot of snow we had already!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 12:26 PM   #1731  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,180 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

Kandie, love those envelopes!  So pretty!  So glad Ed is doing well too!  Your meal sounds wonderful!

Kathy, praying you don't get all that snow!  Yikes rain instead!   Better, but please stay safe! So glad retirement is coming soon for your dear spouse!

Sharon, yes it is addictive!!  So glad you were able to give some journals away as gifts! So fun!  

My granddaughter is working in the junk journal I gave her!  She even added her cough drop wrappers as a border on a page.  Lined them up and placed tape down the center! She told me, "well grandma you said to use all junk"!

Dagmar, thank you for those lovely pictures!  This is the first year that I have not baked for the holiday!  It feels so weird!  

Son's provided the holiday early dinner today, steaks, mashed potatoes, broccoli!  And of course chocolate cakes and ice cream for dessert!  I'm stuffed and ready for a nap!

Karen, so good to hear from you!! 

Victoria wishes everyone a wonderful holiday and sends her love to all her alpha sisters. She is the same, depressing she said, lots of doctors appointments for her and her spouse, and her eyes have not improved.  

Happy Holidays to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 01:08 PM   #1732  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,113 Likes on 967 Posts

Merry Christmas everyone.  We are gathering tomorrow with just our 2 kids.  Not our normal get togethers with siblings and in-laws or other friends. 

Beautiful pictures Dagmar and Kandie. 

Sharon, would you like some library cards?  I bought a pack of 100 (I think) at Good Will a while back.  I will never use them all.  I think I need to tea dye some of them. 

We had strong winds all day yesterday and woke up to a light covering of snow this morning.  At the moment, it is snowing again, but not heavy.  Cold out today.

Yesterday I baked some pumpkin chip cookies.  They are yummy.  I ate one, and quickly put the rest in the freezer so I wouldn't be tempted.  I've got dessert for tomorrow.  I'm probably going to make at least one more kind.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 01:13 PM   #1733  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

For your Christmas viewing pleasure. 
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-tp-tree.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 02:59 PM   #1734  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Merry Christmas to all my alpha sisiters!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 03:01 PM   #1735  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

I want to update you all on Brian. He is still in ICU in critical but stable condition. He is responsive and aware. Thank you all for your prayers. Please keep them coming.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 04:27 PM   #1736  
Proud Fan Club Member

Praying for Brian this Christmas Eve. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 04:42 PM   #1737  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone!

Melody, that is too funny. Yes, I would like that kind of tree, lol...

Dagmar and Kandie thanks for the pics. Dagmar-sorry you cannot see your grandaughter. Kandie-glad Ed is home and cooking dinner too. Or did he just buy the groceries and you are cooking?

Annette, thank you for the update on Brian. Will keep praying.

We will just do a drive by to my step son's and give them their gifts on the 26th.

Did anyone see the documentary last night on the carol-Silent Night last night? Hugh Bonneville from Downton Abbey hosted it. It was really good.

Shelly sorry to hear about your daughter. Praying her symptoms are mild and she recovers quickly. Glad you got to see the Christmas Star. We did not get a chance to see it.

Karen happy to see you popped in!

Ann, I just baked butter tarts today. Have not done anything else. I changed the type of sugar and while they are edible, this is one recipe that should not be changed. Thanks for the update on Victoria. That dinner your son provided sounds wonderful!

Rebekah, I am with you on the solitude and reading something good and keeping cozy is the best!

Jayne, nice to hear you can go to your son's for dinner.

Jan your food sounds awesome.

Sharon, Gracie and Anne big hugs to you and any I have missed.

We had leftovers from last night's take out meal, so that will be our dinner tonight!

Shirl

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 06:36 PM   #1738  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 936 Posts

Merry Xmas...it's here.  Santa came but we only bought one pressie for the 2 of us.  We don't buy pressies anymore and just buy when we need.  Had a lovely Xmas dinner with the kids (2 of them) last night.  Played card games.  Such fun.

Today, we have walked the beach path, came home and had a low key brekkie.  Usually I cook but we are still stuffed full from last night.  We are having a quiet xmas just the 2 of us although the youngest son said he may pop up to join us for seafood dinner.  We have no expectations as everyone is busy in their own way.  

Shirl, yes we can see anyone here...we are blessed and my heart goes out to you all who can't see your family.  I am praying this horrible virus goes pfft soon.

I shall call my family in the UK later as they also are all in lockdown and it will be the first unusual xmas for them....it all seems surreal and I cry when I think of them.  I agree that today it's not about the gifts but thinking about what xmas means and spreading love.

Karen, lovely to hear from you again.

Kandie those pockets are gorgeous. I’ve never seen library cards in the shops.  I might have to check Amazon. 

Ann, thank you for the message from Vicki.  I just text her and received a merry xmas message from her.

Have a wonderful day everyone whatever your plans.  Thinking of you all.  Sending hugs and love to you all.  I'm sure I will be around the next few days.  

Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 12-25-2020 at 12:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 08:16 PM   #1739  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Merry Christmas to all my dear Alpha Sisters!!!!!!!!! Big hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 02:17 AM   #1740  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Merry Christmas everyone!  I’m so thankful to be welcomed into the group here!  Thank you!  I hope you all have a wonderful day.  What year this has been at so many levels for EVERYone.  My word.  {{hugs}}

I must admit I was excited to think about being done making winter cards (for the most part!), and thinking about Valentine’s Day!  It’s one of my favorite holidays!  I just saw the cutest Hedgie over at AngieBlom in a digi image....
Old 12-25-2020, 02:42 AM   #1741  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,394 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Very quiet here, we had our walk and hardly any cafes open but we found one, I was the only female, five Spanish men all drinking neat brandy, at 9.30am! One drank it too fast and started coughing so they all started to pretend to throw him out! I’m guessing the wives were all at home cooking, it’s still like that here, men, seniors,  playing dominoes in a bar during the day, in villages in the evenings the older men sit outside the bar and the ladies sit with their friends outside their homes, reminds me of when I was a girl, my grandparents would sit on the front step and chat with neighbours.

Turkey is stuffed, veg prepared, by steve, all ready to cook, we are drinking our tea and eating shortcake biscuits, chilling, our son rang this morning, GS was very excited, so excited that Santa ate his mince pie and the reindeer had their carrot that he forgot to look if he had left any presents.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 03:13 AM   #1742  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a safe and warm day today and hopefully 2021 will be a better year for all of us. Enjoy! Love, ~Karen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 03:23 AM   #1743  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Karen, lovely to hear from you, all safe here, have a good day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 03:35 AM   #1744  
Proud Fan Club Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS!  WE FINALLY HAVE SNOW!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-7030ab6d-e3e9-42ac-aa14-b29415b80d55.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 07:51 AM   #1745  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Kandie, love your picture!  So peaceful and such great decorations!

Karen, so happy to hear from you!!  

Yes, hopefully 2021 will be a better year for everyone!  

Have a wonderful day everyone!

I'm off to make breakfast/lunch!  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 08:30 AM   #1746  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Merry Christmas all! I'm trying to think of Christmas's past when families celebrated together. This year sure shows what it's like to be lonely during the holidays for so many people. I'm glad I have lots of good memories, but I have to admit, I don't like this year!!! Bah Hum Bug!

So lucky to have all you wonderful Alpha sisters!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 09:29 AM   #1747  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,265 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Merry Christmas to everyone! I've been extra busy this week, so not caught up on chat. Just wanted to sneak on and wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 02:18 PM   #1748  
Proud Fan Club Member

Merry Christmas everyone!

Kandie thank you for the lovely snowy scene with Christmas lights. Superb!

Karen I am joining you in the wish for a better year in 2021!

Been out for a long walk, had grilled cheese sands. and an easy tomato soup recipe for lunch.

Had a nice long talk with my brother and his wife just now.

Catherine, I figured you had been busy.

Jan, your day sounds lovely!

Ann, hope you enjoyed your breakfast lunch.

Gracie it certainly has been a weird year, I agree.

Much love to all of our dear Alpha sister's on this thread!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 04:36 PM   #1749  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 936 Posts

It’s Boxing Day here.  You are all still celebrating your Xmas days and some probably having dinner. Ours was different and I think the first Xmas I haven’t cooked or had the family here.  Felt weird but we still had a lovely day. I learnt how to cut up a lobster..now that was messy but getting the meat out of the legs with a rolling pin was interesting.  I felt I had taught myself a new skill lol.

It was so strange yesterday. Usually people are wearing Santa outfits and cars have reindeer ears on them but this year I didn’t see one. I think everyone was having a low key day. Even the neighbours were quieter. We had a game of bocce on our tiny postage stamp garden. DH won of course.  We also watched a movie that we have been intending to watch for years.  

I’ve thought of you all today and everyone around the world.  Yes next year has to be better.  

The good news is that son1 and family gave me a craft voucher for our local store...mmmm...what to buy lol.  The owner at this store is rude but she is the only store that sells certain brands. I was going to stop buying from there and go elsewhere. DH agreed I don’t need to pay for rudeness. He said if it costs me more, shop elsewhere so I will...well that’s if I need something lol. 

Today my inbox has been full of Boxing Day sales.  I shall not be shopping and have deleted them all.

Sending lots of love and hugs. 
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 12-25-2020 at 04:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 08:54 PM   #1750  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 43 Likes on 8 Posts

Peek@chewu!!!!
Wow I lost my way almost couldn't figure how to find my missing Sistahs!! Oh wait I'm the missing sistah!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 08:57 PM   #1751  
Stazon Splitcoast

It maybe late for some of you but I finally got online and figured what my ow to log in was!! 
So Mele Kalikimaka and Hauoli Makahiki hou!!.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 09:02 PM   #1752  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Victoria!!!!!  So good to see you.  Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 09:05 PM   #1753  
Stazon Splitcoast

To all the amazing Sistahs that havnt forgotten me I Mahalos you for the thoughtful and and not forgetting me and sending me prayers love and those gorgeous cards of yours!!
They all came at times I really needed uplifting!! Boy this year has really put me to a test and challenges that made me just wanna sleep each day away !! But then there were issues with my Ohana that being a wife and mom really always brought the strength out in me I never knew I even had. Life huh?
Well on being away it seems I've miss some of your trails and challenges too but always know I never forgot anyone of you and you all always are in my thought prayers and most of all heart! Not sure how much longer before my eyes tell me ok enough lol but I so miss you all .... I feel like a lists newbie! But to all I send love ,blessing , and healing! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 09:06 PM   #1754  
Stazon Splitcoast

Omg!!! Alohaaaaaa sis Melody!! Love and miss ya!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 09:08 PM   #1755  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mele Kalikimaka back at you sis! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 09:13 PM   #1756  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi. Victoria, good to hear from you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 09:22 PM   #1757  
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning ladies, hope you all enjoyed your day.
 we had an early morning chat with son, DIL and GS and had a quiet day after our walk but a lovely turkey dinner, plenty left for turkey and stuffing sandwiches, Christmas pud with brandy custard, spent most of the evening chatting to son then DIL, GS although eldest GS was still in bed! 
We were watching Tommy Cooper Jayne, not sure anyone else will know who I mean, a comedian from years back, still makes me laugh.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 09:48 PM   #1758  
Proud Fan Club Member

Victoria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So great to see you post. Mele Kalikimaka! to you and Des and Mitch.  Had to keep scrolling back up to see how to spell it correctly, lol.

Jan, your food! I love stuffing in turkey sandwiches. I think I should move next door to you in Spain! But would you feed me? lol...

Yes, Jayne, we will have Boxing Day here tomorrow on the 26th.

Hope everyone had a good day!

Shirl

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 10:03 PM   #1759  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirl steve always cooks enough for a crowd so you’d be most welcome. The stuffing was lovely, sausagemeat, sage, onion, walnuts and apricots !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 10:05 PM   #1760  
Stazon Splitcoast

I meant to ask before when I saw Kandies lovely bags but what is a library card? 

Reply With Quote Likes