Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2020, 11:42 PM   #3481  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Dropping in to say hello!

We had a busy weekend, my hubby invited a friend from baseball over for dinner- so I got to clean in the AM, do some grocery shopping and then chop veg's and cook. The couple was one of the group from baseball in Florida last year, and we have alot in common (she is a stamper!!!).

DD1 has headed up to Michigan to meet DD2 who is driving in and visiting with a friend who was recently married and DD2 chose to not go to the ceremony.... DD1 was her +1...LOL They are camping tonight, spent some time at the beach and they went to a beer brewery.

We went to church this AM- it is very large, they really spread people out, everyone wears a mask......very well done. On the way home, stopped at an estate sale (no antiques) and our thought was to just see paint colors, cabinets (are they painted white) etc.... we ended up buying furniture (I know the family that is moving)...and spent the next few hours loading the van and bringing furniture home....kitchen table-solid oak and 6 chairs for $100 which was a steal, a table and couch and loveseat for her common area. Everything was marked 75% off : ) DD1 closes on her place in Chicago on Tuesday.

We were SOOOO hot, so we filled up the kiddie pool and went and got on our bathing suits and got in! It is about 6' wide, so was plenty of room, and Katie's dog ran in and out too! Hope we do not end up on funny home video's!

Kathy- I have pretty bad asthma and allergies- and I wear a mask. Really, if people cannot tolerate a mask, they should order food by Instacart or pickup and not go into the store. Especially if there are other risk factors like being overweight or elevated B/P.

I have a friend who had a 90 yr old mom who has just passed away, and a friends who has a brother in his 60's who just passed from Covid- it is really contagious!

Prayers for the teachers here who are tying to work out the logistics of going back to school. Currently the Chicago Board of Education wants a hybrid with teachers in the classroom- and my daughter is a teacher..... of kids with Hispanic backgrounds living in multi-generational homes , many of which take public transportation to school......

On a lighter note- thinking of you all, after PT tomorrow, I will be catching up more on alpha cards posted.

I am hoping PT goes well, I pulled a Sharon/Gracie today and took a tumble outside of church.... hope I do not wake up really sore!

I'll be back tomorrow (which is actually today as I am up late)!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 03:22 AM   #3482  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Shelly I hope you do t have any after effects from your fall, it seems to appear the day after!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 07:32 AM   #3483  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Morning!

I can not believe the people who still think that the virus is not real! Very strange.

I have to clean up barf again this morning! This time it was Iris all over the kitchen rug by the patio door. Might be stained for good this time as she threw up during the night.

I need to take it easy today as my back is hurting from all the cleaning, so hopefully I will get some cards made. Also need to get cards in the mail for August birthdays! I'm behind right now!

Off I go to hopefully get stuff done, have a good day everyone, will check back later.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 07:47 AM   #3484  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimick
View Post

Hi everyone! Well, I finished my negative watercolor panel into a card...but couldn't upload it because of the technology problems with my computer which were created by my phone issues...grrrr!

As for the lady without the mask who has asthma, in CA they say that people with asthma should not wear masks. Yes, they are at a higher risk of getting the virus and it being more deadly for them, but they shouldn't wear a mask. That said, she may not have anyone to shop for her so she has to be out. Just to give another perspective.

Uh-oh, Gracie, sounds like you had a lot of fun in some stamp shops!

We had dinner with my brother, SIL, their two sons and the wife of the oldest son. That was fun. They are coming over here tomorrow. I'd better get off here and work on my steps!

She was shopping with someone, so I am pretty sure she could have given them the list. But you are right. I need to be more understanding. My rule following shows through too much! My thought has always been why bother making rules if you aren't going to enforce them. I need to pray for a sympathetic thought process.

I got my teeth cleaned at the dentist. They charged me a $10 fee because they have to wear PPE!But at least my teeth are good for another 6 months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 08:01 AM   #3485  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Good morning! I finally got my tech issues worked out on the computer (I think!) so was able to upload my negative watercoloring card just now. It also works with July's Misti challenge, though it isn't a slimline card.

Kathy, I struggle sometimes with jumping to conclusions about what someone is doing or has done. I'm really working on reminding myself to extend grace. Did I mention it is a struggle?!

As for ordering via instacart or something like that, I don't know how that works or if a computer is required. Not everyone has that available. In fact, that is some of the discussion here in CA about students not having access to computers and good online access for virtual school. It seems incredible that not everyone has technology available to them as it is so pervasive in our culture today. Even the homeless people who stop by the church for help have smart phones - until last week, some of their phones were quite newer and fancier than my phone!

Shelly, I hope you aren't feeling too many after effects from your tumble today.

Ann, sorry you are dealing with barf again and that your back hurts. Since Honey was on her "adventure", she seems to have somewhat forgotten her house training....so we keep cleaning up accidents. Little cutie is sound asleep on the love seat right now looking absolutely adorable. And Wesley is on the windowsill in front of my craft desk. That little stinker likes to get into my trash can on my craft desk and pull out paper scraps to play with.

I guess I'd better get off here and finish getting ready for work. Chat with you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 08:03 AM   #3486  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Oh, no, Shelly! I hope you are ok. I still have a tiny bump by the corner of my eye from my July 4th fall! I keep pushing on it.. anyway, Shelly, as a cousin told me “ don’t you know at this age we brake when we fall?” So sorry you fell.

Kandie, I love your Mixed Media piece. I did mine as a scrap layout, do not as neat as everyone else’s.

Ann, take care of yourself! I hope you feel well enough to to get some craft R&R I. Today.

Jan, sorry for your heat. We are getting a break from out heat this week. It rained almost an inch early this morning, so maybe a little cooler.

Kathy, hope you get good reports from the doctor. And, I do not know what is wrong with people! Those people are why this virus is still out there! Even at church there are some who don’t wear their masks and sit right next to each other! We wear our masks, and sit on a row with two seats between us and another couple. And they took out every other row. They have masks and sanitizer available on tables beside each door. Our church pastors and leaders are doing everything they can think of to keep us safe, and then there are those people who won’t wear masks! Even some who go hug! I agree, the masks are uncomfortable. Our DD has asthma and she wears the mask, when out.
I am trying to figure out what my next project is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 08:07 AM   #3487  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I just want to add, we take our masks off when sitting listening to the sermon and singing. We just wear them when going around visiting or entering and leaving.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 09:03 AM   #3488  
Stazon Splitcoast

I’m seriously worried, we may be back in lockdown, apparently we now have 19 cases in our town, it’s about three miles away but they’ve tested everyone in the seniors home, luckily negative, they are closing markets etc but are going ahead with a concert,why!
We will stop walking for now until we hear more, I’m not taking any chances after going through all the eight weeks of lockdown before, I’m so upset as this may once again threaten our trip, oh well here we go again, I knew this would happen when they let tourists come here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 09:19 AM   #3489  
Proud Fan Club Member

Everyone keeps saying we had a pandemic a hundred years ago but I keep reminding them that would have been 1920 and I don't believe there were many cars on the road, people vacationing, and airplanes! This is much worse because of all of those travel conveniences.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 09:24 AM   #3490  
Stazon Splitcoast

That’s true kathy, international travel has spread this around the world, I wouldn’t go on a plane at the moment if they paid me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #3491  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Me neither, Jan. So sorry to hear about your 19 cases where you live.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #3492  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations to Kandie for winning one of the prizes on the CC800!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #3493  
Proud Fan Club Member

And Roberta won too! Congrats!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 04:11 PM   #3494  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

What happen all fun on scs. There use be games sang stamps and such? And people often up grabs and chatting fun and such. I have seen and of these fun thread activity for awhile now. And we need some fun to do Coronavirus so people don't get stir crazy and stressed out in my option.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 04:13 PM   #3495  
Stazon Splitcoast

Maybe just me but I miss all fun and the enter act with everyone on scs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 06:22 PM   #3496  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Happy Tuesday..ok let’s see if I can remember what’s been happening....
Shelly, hope you are ok and don’t have broken bones or bruising.
Kathy, I’m a rule follower so seeing people flaunt the rules gets my back up. I have to try and not judge but it’s more that people are putting others lives at risk.
Catherine, glad you finally got your phone and pc sorted.  How’s Honey going?
Linda, the ladies are all fun on here. How can we help you during lockdown and to have fun?
Congrats to Kandie and Roberta...I now have to go and check what they’ve won. Whoohoo
Jan, so sorry to hear there’s 19 cases. I hope that it doesn’t affect your holiday. I think the UK should have shut their borders totally and this would have been gone by now. Keep safe and well.
Ann, hope that your back is ok today. You have done a lot of work and cleaning..now time to put your feet up and rest.  Sorry to hear Athena is sick again.
Kandie has been doing some awesome MM. she’s joined in on the challenge Nancy and I set..come and join in if you like MM. Gracie and Jan are doing it too. I like the fact I’m learning different things. I need to find some mojo though as it went a walk and hadn’t returned yet. Fortunately none of the challenges the past week have really grabbed me or my list would be very long. I had an idea for R but now that’s disappeared too lol.
Kathy, did you find the raccoon or the animal who was attacking your rubbish bin?
Gracie, so glad you had a good time at your retreat. What did you make? I love all the goodies you sent me..you spoilt me...thank you.
Shirl, good to hear from you.
Has anyone heard how Karen is going? How is Vicki and her family too?
Hi Melody, Kandie and anyone else I’ve missed.
I finally sat and wrote in cards yesterday. I have so many...a lot that really need to go in the bin but I’m sure recipients will realise the blood, sweat and tears that went into making them lol. I have September birthdays ready to mail.
Now I need to get off here...start our jobs and maybe I might get to my play room later. Sinus headache is back today and I really need to chat with the dr again. So. Over. It. DH says I must go off dairy. Maybe.

Have fun, sleep well and sending hugs
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #3497  
Proud Fan Club Member

Karen has a birthday on the 3rd. I mailed her card today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 07:14 PM   #3498  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Hi Jayne, hope your headache goes away! I'm glad you covered everything on chat! Ditto from me! LOL

Thanks for the reminder Kathy about Karen's birthday.

Have a great day or night as the case may be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 07:54 PM   #3499  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Thanks for the reminder to look at the Birthday list- 5 Birthdays in August!

I did get away to the craft room to make one card today. I am a really S-L-O-W card maker...... like molasses slow........

In Chicago, there are many without Wifi and computers, and some homeless as well. The schools give out computers for learning and Comcast gave free Wifi for the March/April/May until school ended for that population!

I had a patient once that told me after WWll in Germany, there was no school for a year, in her area, all of the schools were destroyed by bombs. That will be the kids from this year- the learning online..I think will be kind of a blur! I am with you Catherine- getting the kids to keep masks on all day, and wearing a mask all day will be a huge challenge!

Jan- so sorry to hear about the cases increasing by you- and Kathy- yes- people move this virus around by travel!

Sharon- we are not allowed to sing at church, we have a cantor that sings, but we just get to listen..... And, we have to keep our masks on for the entire service. It feels like a bad dream and someone is going to wake me up any time....! A bit sore after that tumble, and thankful it was not worse for sure! Thanks!

Jayne- sorry you are starting to feel bad again! I cannot have dairy (allergic to both whey and Casien). Also, no eggs for me either, although I do eat things egg is baked into (like a muffin or cake)- just not too often. I hope that helps you!

Ann- hope your back is better and you are able to create!

I am with Gracie , Ditto to all Jayne said!

Melodie- thank you for the wonderful card!

Tomorrow is move in day for DD1, she will officially be a (Condo) homeowner! Hubby is going to drive down with her in the AM to do the walk through, then go to the closing. I will drive down later and all three of us have vehicles full of furniture! I am transporting the pup to her place. It is about an hour to her place, and in Chicago, that always depends on traffic : )

Our youngest will be arriving home by 10PM tomorrow night! I gave up my Wednesday PT to a woman who looked like she really needed it and said she could not get an appt.... So I will have a couple more hours with Stephi before she heads back. When she was home in April, the bank was not open for her to go in, she could not do vehicle emissions testing, etc....so she has a long list of things to accomplish.

Congrats to the ladies who won in SS800- how fun!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 08:13 PM   #3500  
Proud Fan Club Member

My friends son is a teacher in Chicago somewhere. I babysat him when he was little. He's my oldest sons age. I miss him. He was very courteous and always stopped by when he would come home to visit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 08:19 PM   #3501  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not sure to answers my dad keeps busy with another things dear in day. So, it may just time to get back groovy things? I don't know tho. I have stamp it 14 months It just not the same anymore. It hard to explain it! I miss all challenge Dare to get dirty and such. But there no way my dad would challenges like that! And I don't have anyone one to stamp with and we so many die with virus. So, That not helping matters either. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozpom
View Post

Happy Tuesday..ok let’s see if I can remember what’s been happening....
Shelly, hope you are ok and don’t have broken bones or bruising.
Kathy, I’m a rule follower so seeing people flaunt the rules gets my back up. I have to try and not judge but it’s more that people are putting others lives at risk.
Catherine, glad you finally got your phone and pc sorted. How’s Honey going?
Linda, the ladies are all fun on here. How can we help you during lockdown and to have fun?
Congrats to Kandie and Roberta...I now have to go and check what they’ve won. Whoohoo
Jan, so sorry to hear there’s 19 cases. I hope that it doesn’t affect your holiday. I think the UK should have shut their borders totally and this would have been gone by now. Keep safe and well.
Ann, hope that your back is ok today. You have done a lot of work and cleaning..now time to put your feet up and rest. Sorry to hear Athena is sick again.
Kandie has been doing some awesome MM. she’s joined in on the challenge Nancy and I set..come and join in if you like MM. Gracie and Jan are doing it too. I like the fact I’m learning different things. I need to find some mojo though as it went a walk and hadn’t returned yet. Fortunately none of the challenges the past week have really grabbed me or my list would be very long. I had an idea for R but now that’s disappeared too lol.
Kathy, did you find the raccoon or the animal who was attacking your rubbish bin?
Gracie, so glad you had a good time at your retreat. What did you make? I love all the goodies you sent me..you spoilt me...thank you.
Shirl, good to hear from you.
Has anyone heard how Karen is going? How is Vicki and her family too?
Hi Melody, Kandie and anyone else I’ve missed.
I finally sat and wrote in cards yesterday. I have so many...a lot that really need to go in the bin but I’m sure recipients will realise the blood, sweat and tears that went into making them lol. I have September birthdays ready to mail.
Now I need to get off here...start our jobs and maybe I might get to my play room later. Sinus headache is back today and I really need to chat with the dr again. So. Over. It. DH says I must go off dairy. Maybe.

Have fun, sleep well and sending hugs

Last edited by hotwheels; 07-27-2020 at 08:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 09:23 PM   #3502  
Stazon Splitcoast

Congratulations to Kandie and Roberta, what did you win?

Jayne sorry to hear you are suffering again, good to see you back.

I’ve already posted my August cards but who knows when or if they will arrive!
We are not walking or having breakfast out for the next week until we see what’s going on with the virus, there’s also another town that’s 45 minutes from us that’s having problems, they think it’s these foreign veg pickers that’s moving around the area, we have massive poly tunnels here as veg is grown all year round, that’s besides all the tourists, we are having a few planes flying over, or virus tubes as Steve is calling them, but most of our tourists are from Madrid!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 09:47 PM   #3503  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Shelly, you're welcome.

I made a trip out to office depot and then goodwill (drop off only) today. Glad to get some more stuff out of the house.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2020, 11:33 PM   #3504  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

I mailed all of my August birthday cards weeks ago and I know some have been received. Hopefully Karen will have hers to open too. Kathy, thanks for the reminder.  I need to get my singing hat ready lol.

I’ve just been to the mailbox and had 3 lots of happy mail...all from either the States or Canada..whoohoo. Catherine, your card has arrived. It’s gorgeous and thank you for the goodies.  It’s taken over a month to get here.  Thank you for thinking of me and extended birthdays are good.

Shelly, you didn’t say how you are..take it no injuries?

Linda, DTGD May be happening so look out for that and I think I know where you are coming from.  I stamp on my own a lot and enjoy it but not everyone is like me.  Some people like to have a friend to craft with. We do occasionally have a zoom or FaceTime call and craft together and if your dad could set that up for you maybe you could join in one day. Take care

Well I’ve been a very productive little bee today.  Now I can relax a little. Headache has gone..yay..and I am going to try and stay off dairy for a while.

Have fun everyone.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 07-27-2020 at 11:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 06:00 AM   #3505  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning, ladies. I wrote down notes on the chat I missed but I think it’s already been covered. Although, one thing I wonder about the tourists let into Spain. I have to think that someone, somewhere, did not do testing of visitors like they were supposed to, and someone who visited would have tested positive.

Sinuses have been visiting me again, as I’m sure many of us are still dealing with this crazy weather.

Omigish, August birthdays are almost here! I’d better get moving on addressing cards!

For the 800 challenge I won two stamp sets and two oxide ink pads! Can’t wait till they arrive! What’s funny is that the card I thought might be chosen by the hostess is not the one that won. The winning card was from a different hostess, and that I threw in the trash after I posted it, lol. Just goes to prove, ya just don’t know!!!

Sharon, thanks for the love on my MM neutral post! I think I overdid it, but,I still like it.

And here’s an oxymoron for you. One video or blog post says put stuff on everywhere, have fun! And another one says there must be composition or it’s just a fat mess. Who to believe?

DH came home so upset yesterday. He was working setting up a sale for this weekend. The realtor wanted all furniture removed from the house in order to take photos of a clean slate of a home, so everything was put, carefully, in the garage. Then the realtor comes along with more stuff for the sale and dumps it all on top of a gorgeous dining table. Enter an in-law of some sort who shows up and literally screams in DH’s face about stuff she says she was promised being shoved in the garage. I don’t know which relative was in charge, as the couple whose estate sale it is have both passed away. But that relative apparently did not share with family what was happening, and the realtor also apparently doesn’t have a clue about not marking up lovely furniture. DH was so uptight this morning as he left to continue work on the sale, which is this Friday and Saturday. He doesn’t know who will show up to scream at him today. If someone does, he will walk off, and he will refuse to do anymore work on that house.

He’s too old for this kind of stress.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 06:03 AM   #3506  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Beautiful colors on today’s CC challenge!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 06:03 AM   #3507  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

DTGD is August 22 - August 28, 2020! It's in the works right now!

Morning all!

Good morning that there is no barf so far! LOL! Poor dogies! They will be 11 next month and sleep more then awake these days.

Jayne, dairy gives me headaches also along with stomach upset, flu symptoms and redness in my face, usually starting with my ears. Dairy is the devil in our house as three of us are allergic! Son number three is too but not as severe.

Off to get moving today, need to make my "R" card for this week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 06:23 AM   #3508  
Proud Fan Club Member

Went up to check on tomatoes. No red ones yet but some of those plants are as tall as I am!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 07:58 AM   #3509  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning. I finally finished my P card - that fancy explosion pop up that I showed you the base for many days ago.

And here's a chuckle for today.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-img_2999.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 08:28 AM   #3510  
Stazon Splitcoast

Melody I love that joke.

Kandie they are letting tourists in with no checks, apparently ten have now gone back to England and have the virus, we didn’t have any in Our region until the tourists came but of course the British are blaming Spain sorry but the uk government should t be letting them travel and the spanish government shouldn’t be letting people in.

We are not walking u til we hear what’s going on but we had to go shopping, it was so busy to say it was just after 9am, I’m wondering if people think they are stocking up in case there’s a lockdown again.

We went to collect the edging tiles for the conservatory, she said they would definitely be here today, well guess what, she said oh tomorrow, Steve said is that spanish tomorrow, she just laughed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 08:33 AM   #3511  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, I forgot to mention... most of us are doing mixed media all the time and don't even realize it. I'm making this big, because I think we all need this reminder.

If you add brads or eyelets to your card... paper + metal = mixed media.

If you add ribbon... paper + fabric = mixed media.

If you add gems, sequins, etc... paper + plastic = mixed media.

If you add paint... paper + paint = mixed media.

If you add gesso, modeling paste... I think you get the picture.

The misconception is that mixed media has to be messy. NOT TRUE! It can be, but doesn't have to be. So just keep on doing whatever you are comfortable with. Don't stress about how much or how little you add. If you are using two or more different mediums or materials, hey, it's mixed media!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 08:33 AM   #3512  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy our tomatoes are the same really tall but takes forever to go green, Steve’s not happy as they are baby plum tomatoes, he usually grows cherry tomatoes but she didn’t have any at the nursery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 08:39 AM   #3513  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Good morning! Busy evening yesterday since we had family over to share a meal. I was busy getting ready for it, then enjoying it, and then doing my leg exercises after they left - wishing they were already done, of course! DH had the grill busy with foil packet meals and burgers (vegetarian, of course).

Congratulations to Kandie, Roberta, and I think there was someone else from the Alphabet Challenge too, oh, I think it was Julie, on winning a prize in the color challenge thread! Sounds like some fun prizes too!

Hi Linda! I'm not sure what threads you are talking about, I guess I didn't know about them.

Jayne, I wouldn't say my phone is sorted out. My phone and Fitbit are not on speaking terms! But I, personally, got the MacBook sorted out and was feeling rather accomplished about that. Tonight I'll try to get the phone project completed, I didn't have any time for that last night.

Where do I find the mixed media challenge, Jayne? I'm curious to check it out.

Sorry to tell you this, but going off dairy would probably help your sinuses a lot. It's a bummer, though.

Shelly, I hope you aren't feeling any after effects from your fall.

Congrats to your DD1, how exciting! Your comment about how long it takes to get somewhere in Chicago being dependent on traffic made me smile. When DH and I first moved to the LA area, my brother, who lived in Oregon, asked me how far something was from us. I told him how, on average, it took to get there. He said, "I didn't ask how long, I asked how far!" I said how far was irrelevant in the LA area! This was a discussion we had back and forth for a long time!

Melody, we have a collection of things just waiting for thrift stores to be open again so we can get them out of the van. Yes, DH loaded them into the van so they would be out of the house!

Wow, Jayne, that took forever! I'm glad it finally arrived!

Kandie, it is funny but usually the cards that I make and like best aren't the ones that get the most comments here on SCS. Then I'll post one that I really don't care for that much, and comments go like crazy on it! Different tastes? It is a good thing we don't all like the same thing.

As for testing for the virus, I don't know if this is happening where you are but I'm hearing about more people who decided to go get tested on their own, they did the paperwork but then couldn't wait to do the test, so they weren't tested at all, and then they get notices that they tested positive. Wait, what? I know of more than once that has happened here in CA, makes me wonder. And I just heard about more on the news yesterday afternoon.

Your poor DH, Kandie. I hope they behave themselves today and yes, he should just walk away. That isn't appropriate behavior at all and he shouldn't have to take it.

Ann, sleep is what Honey does best. They did blood work on her last Friday - called to ask if they could run the geriatric blood panel on her...geriatric! She's so cute, when she is freshly groomed, she looks like a puppy to us.

Garden fresh tomatoes are the best, Kathy. My brother's garden isn't doing well this year. He has a nice fenced in area and we usually are blessed with tomatoes from him (his home is on a level lot, unlike ours). We did get some yummy blueberries from him this year.

Melody, love the funny! So that is what is happening! lol

Talk to you later, must head off to work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 11:08 AM   #3514  
Proud Fan Club Member

I have doctor appt tomorrow afternoon. I also have a cold sore so I called to make sure it was ok to go in. She said yes, just make sure I wear my mask. I think it's stress related. It's not on my lip. It's between my nose and lip. I also think it could have developed from wearing the mask in the heat. But who knows.

My niece is getting married Saturday. She thinks about 50 people will be there. At first she told us the church was only allowing 25 people so we would just come for the reception, which is being held outside. Today she called and said that it is considered a religious ceremony and we can come. We must wear our masks in the church but we can take them off outside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #3515  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, I think your DH should just look at those people with a blank stare and let them rant. When they are all done, he should tell them they'd better go talk to the owner, and then walk away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 01:49 PM   #3516  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozpom
View Post

I mailed all of my August birthday cards weeks ago and I know some have been received. Hopefully Karen will have hers to open too. Kathy, thanks for the reminder. I need to get my singing hat ready lol.

I’ve just been to the mailbox and had 3 lots of happy mail...all from either the States or Canada..whoohoo. Catherine, your card has arrived. It’s gorgeous and thank you for the goodies. It’s taken over a month to get here. Thank you for thinking of me and extended birthdays are good.

Shelly, you didn’t say how you are..take it no injuries?

Linda, DTGD May be happening so look out for that and I think I know where you are coming from. I stamp on my own a lot and enjoy it but not everyone is like me. Some people like to have a friend to craft with. We do occasionally have a zoom or FaceTime call and craft together and if your dad could set that up for you maybe you could join in one day. Take care
There is no way my dad is going to do the DTGD Challenges. He dose know any things about stamping. You can throw that ideal out the window. Or set up zoom or FaceTime. Don't anything about either of them. puls I need extra hands to help me stamps. Some of these ladies know where I came from.
Well I’ve been a very productive little bee today. Now I can relax a little. Headache has gone..yay..and I am going to try and stay off dairy for a while.

Have fun everyone.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 02:48 PM   #3517  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 318 Likes on 123 Posts

Hello Ladies,
Just checking in to say I survived Hurricane Hanna! I have been without power for two and half days and was so overjoyed today when it came on. I was dancing the happy dance, I didn't know what to do first...I have a lot of clean up to do and catching up to do as well. The great thing is that we are all alive. Praise the Lord. I hope all of you are well and taking everything in stride. The pandemic is really hitting the Rio Grande Valley here in Texas hard. And then the hurricane on top of that with so many seeking shelter as well. Anyway, take care everyone and I'll pop in when I get a chance. I am behind with everything. Thank goodness most things don't have a deadline. Praying for everyone to stay healthy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 02:52 PM   #3518  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilter

Good morning. I finally finished my P card - that fancy explosion pop up that I showed you the base for many days ago.

And here's a chuckle for today.

Melody, my DH about had a cow , when I read this. He really laughed! He wants me to sent it o everyone! I don’t know how to do that, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 03:06 PM   #3519  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, if I email the picture to you, will that help? I literally took a snapshot of it on facebook. Then I email it to myself, so I can download it onto my computer, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #3520  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Jayne,

I am just curious where the mixed media challenge is posted that you are talking about? Not that I am going to do anything, lol, but I am curious where to find it?

Just back from getting a haircut. I mailed Karen's birthday card awhile ago.

We are still having pretty hot weather here. Supposed to cool down on Thursday.

love to all,
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes