Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2020, 05:20 PM   #3401  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,981 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Thank you God! Thank you Ann for the update! I will continue to pray for our sweet sister.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2020, 05:31 PM   #3402  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Thanks, Ann, for sharing the good news about Karen. I got my stamps today, so I can get a card in the mail.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2020, 06:05 PM   #3403  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

So happy to hear the news about Karen. Thanks Ann for keeping us updated.
Have a good night everyone. I didn't get a nap in today and am exhausted.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2020, 06:53 PM   #3404  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Night Annette!

Night all!! Sweet dreams!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2020, 07:46 PM   #3405  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Dear Ann, thank you for the update on dear Karen. I am so happy to read that she is recovering and the op went well. Thank you. Sleep well.

Hugs everyone
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2020, 07:58 PM   #3406  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Please pray for my sister in law. She fell at work today and broke her right hip and left wrist
and has a big knot on the back of her head. She has to have surgery
early in the morning. She’s in lots of pain.

If anyone wants to send a card, please PM me for her address.

Thanks ladies.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 02:50 AM   #3407  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Ann I’m so pleased to see your message about Karen, so good to hear her op went well, she’s been on my mind constantly waiting for news. Let’s hope all the cards arrive soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 02:52 AM   #3408  
Stazon Splitcoast

Melody how awful for your SIL, she must be in so much pain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 02:58 AM   #3409  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Melody so sorry to hear about your SIL. Yes I’d like to send her a card.

We are home. It’s such a long drive but was worth it. We’ve got a busy few mornings and days and DH has just said can I please not arrange another thing for a while lol. I know what he means. I’m hoping I find half a day tomorrow to craft.

I now need to recharge and catchup.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 04:26 AM   #3410  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jayne, welcome back from your travels.

I just told steve I’m turning into him, Pleased our day is back to normal, sad I know but after yesterday waiting around while they fitted the window our whole day was upside down, i woke up at 1.30 am with a splitting headache took a pill and fell to sleep but woke up having an awful nightmare, people chasing me, trying to shoot me, I was terrified, then I eventually fell asleep again then Steve woke me at 6am, by the time he had made the tea I was fast off but of course he woke me up, I felt shattered.

Mind you last night our GS rang from their holiday house , he showed me around making me dizzy, he turns the phone too quickly to it’s all a blur, then he was sat by the pool Eating grapes he had picked from the garden! How the other half live!
While talking to him his dad rang so after we finished talking I rang our son back so it was bedtime by the time I said goodbye, id been chatting for over an hour! Talk about all or nothing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 06:06 AM   #3411  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning!

Melody, your poor SIL! Yes, I would also like to send her a card.

Jan, you will be a couple days getting yourself back in stride again.

My DD2 chatted with me yesterday. She is the one who lost her puppy due to leaving medication out where he could get to it. Well, she has added three rabbits to her household. She said she needed something to take her mind off losing the dog. Mind you, she still has another very large dog, three large-breed cats and three ferrets, all who have the run of the house. So now there are three rabbits, she said they have their own room and she is teaching them to roam freely. I’m trying not to cringe, although I did use both her first an middle names when she told me about the rabbits.

My DSS had flying squirrels, dogs and rabbits, and her house stunk. :(. My DD really should have been either a vet or worked in a zoo, lol.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 07:05 AM   #3412  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Oh Melody, that is horrible! Yes, please send me her address too! I will get a card out tomorrow then!

Son got the mail in this morning and said, "Mom don't go near the mail box"!!!

Wasp are making a home in the back of the box and they were flying all around the mail box. He said I don't know how the mail man is going to put mail in the box!

I have lots of cleaning to do today, working on cleaning out cabinets again! Never ends but I'm getting rid of lots of old stuff! Happy days!

So no crafting for me today, maybe tomorrow in the heat that coming I'll sit for a bit!

I do have a salted bg drying for the water color Wednesday challenge. But that's as far as I've gotten.

Later everyone...enjoy your day and rest if you can those that are not sleeping well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 07:33 AM   #3413  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Melody! I am so sorry for your SIL. I will be praying for her. I can imagine her pain!

Jayme , welcome back.

Jan, so sorry for your bad night! Maybe you can get a nap.

Ann, wasps at your mailbox! Obey son and stay away. Is he going to do something to get rid of them?

I walked early today, and it is hot and feels like 100& humidity without the rain! LOL I am glad to be home out of it! I will try to clean my craft room so I can craft. I don’t know how it becomes such a mess!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 08:00 AM   #3414  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

I have spiders in my mailbox but they are way in the back so I haven't done anything yet.

Melody pm her address and I can get one out today yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 08:13 AM   #3415  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie I can’t imagine having that many animals in the house. Steve’s sister had three cats, I don’t like cats but Steve was so allergic to them , the doctor thought he had asthma for quite a while u til he realised it was whenever he went to see her, he used to stay outside when we used to visit her, mind you she wasn’t good at cleaning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 08:23 AM   #3416  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you ladies.

Ann, listen to your son. After sunset, when the wasps should be all back in the nest, if you have a bottle from dish detergent, mix a teaspoon or so of dish detergent with a bottle full of water, and spray it on the nest. Easiest way to get rid of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 10:22 AM   #3417  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,276 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Good morning! So happy to come on here and read the good news about Karen! Continued prayers for her, Vickster, and everyone.

What a crazy day yesterday. Sadly, extremely sadly, my phone died. Actually, the screen for my phone died. It seems to still work, just not the screen. Had I backed it up recently? No. Did I have it back up to the cloud? Also no. Is it my fault? Yes. I bought a new phone and had a major headache trying to get it activated. It should NOT be that hard! I still have tech issues to work out with the new phone/old phone/and now this MacBook...all because a stupid phone died! I LOVE technology (read in an EXTREMELY sarcastic tone!). Honestly, I do love technology when it works as it should. I'm hoping my nephew can help me with the tech issues getting this set up and good to go. Enough about that!

First thing this morning we took Honey to her appointment. Over $600 later, so glad we did! They were able to remove the rest of the burrs left in around her mouth and they found things we hadn't. She somehow had foxtails in her left eye! We didn't see them, but they got them out. She has an ulcer in that eye so we have ointment to put in there and they want to see her again in a week. She also has infected ears, so they were able to put stuff in there and Honey would be happy (if she knew to be) that she can't have a bath for two weeks because we aren't to get her ears wet. I'm so glad we had her checked out post adventure. They also took care of the things that she was due for the end of this month. We weren't able to go inside with her due to covid protocols. They would find something, call and get approval to treat. We'd hang up and I'd tell DD1, "That's probably put us at $400...$500....$600." When the doctor called the last time she said, "Let me go over the costs because they kept asking me if I talked about that part and I was forgetting." I told her I kept estimating and my last estimate was $600. The total was actually $662. Pretty good estimate. She looks so much better now - they gave her a pedi too. We love this vet hospital.

Ann, I hope Athena is doing better today. Yikes to wasps! I was going to suggest wasp spray but Melody's plan sounds easier.

Annette, I hope you and Farley got a good night's sleep last night.

Melody, so sorry to read about your SIL. Yes, please send me her address and I'll send a card. Praying!

Glad you are safely home again, Jayne!

Jan, that sounds like quite the nightmare!

Kandie, it does sound like your DD should have been a vet or vet tech. My DD1 told me, while we were waiting for Honey this morning, that she also wants a cat. I told her I think one dog and one cat are enough expense for our household. Wesley is due for her vet trip next month for some annual care (and Honey will need to go back in 1 week and 2 weeks to follow up on her eye and ears). They are cute and adorable but their expenses do add up. The animals go to the doctor more frequently than the humans in our house!

I have to clean the house today. I totally skipped what I normally do last Friday because Honey was missing - and it shows. I didn't get it caught up during the week so today I'm playing catch up and dealing with technology issues.

Chat with you later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 11:37 AM   #3418  
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine pets are so expensive, our son and DIL had two dogs, first poppy had a brain tumour, big op, €16,000 later, then splodgey had bone cancer, the drugs were so expensive in the end they had paid put over €10,000, they said never again, now they have two more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 12:23 PM   #3419  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, please pm an address for your your SIL, and I will send her a card. Some how I missed that before.

Catherine, glad to hear Honey is being taken care of so well. Technology! Don’t get me started! LOL. Hope you get it all straightened out.

Jan, my sis had two dogs. Jack Russells. Too active and hyper for me. Anyway one had to be treated for cancer and finally die, thousands of dollars later. Dogs get sick , and have same things humans get and cost just as much. Trouble is , most of the time no insurance. Years ago it wasn’t like that. Not sure what changed it. Nap time! Or rest time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #3420  
Proud Fan Club Member

We have a plastic container with a lid on the front porch. I store dry cat food in it to feed outside kitties. Each night I put all bowls inside it so I don't attract possums. This morning something had ripped the lid off and there were either bite marks or claw marks on the lid! I don't think any possums or cats could do that. Not sure about the porcupine we saw last night. And I've only seen a bear in this area once! We are going to set up a game camera for tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 08:40 PM   #3421  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy that’s going to be interesting, sounds like it’s something big!

Sharon you are right, years ago owning a pet wasn’t as expensive but they didn’t do xrays, scans ect on pets, these things all cost money, plus the treatment, as I said to our son at the time, we wouldn’t have had that sort of money to pay out for a pet to have an op, sad to say.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 04:34 AM   #3422  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Wow, Kathy, can't wait to hear what is getting into the cat food! Yikes! Claw marks!
Something must be smelling the food!

It's going to be a hot one today! 90+ and heat index very high! I'm staying inside!
Feels like a tomb though with keeping shades drawn to help keep out the heat.

Iris and Athena hate the heat, of course, Siberian Huskies, love the cold. Athena hates rain too, doesn't like to get her paws wet. She is so fussy!

Hugs out to Victoria and all that are in Hawaii with the storms hitting their area. Hope they stay safe and the storm weakens.

Gotta run and take care of the girls, later everyone, enjoy your day and stay out of the heat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 04:43 AM   #3423  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Ann! And everyone else. Same here with high heat index again. I have decided not to walk, the heat just takes so much out of you, even at 7 in the morning. The last two days have been enough for me. LOL

Kathy, what could the animal be; can’t wait to find out. Be careful!

Catherine, how is Honey, today?

Nothing planned here except maybe crafting this weekend. What is everyone else doing?
I did finish my Q card and have to upload it. DH will grill a pork tenderloin early today for our weekend meals. Got to go get another cup of tea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:27 AM   #3424  
Proud Fan Club Member

No lluck with the game camera. only humans. But mom showed me a tin can that had leftover catfood in it. Clawed or bitten! It was on her side porch, the main door we go in and out there! Whatever it was had to be big enough to climb four or five feet to get the can or big enough to reach it without climbing! We'll try the camera again tonight. We did smell skunk last night but now way a skunk could do that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:51 AM   #3425  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, let me tell you about raccoons, lol. Remember those large metal trash cans with lids? My ex had one with a tight-fitting lid, and every so many days a raccoon would pry that lid off with its terrible claws and tip the can over and get into the trash. One evening he took a bungee cord through one handle, up over the lid and through its handle, and then hooking the cord into the other handle. He (and several neighbors) was woke up that night by the most terrific racket, turned on his porch light, and that raccoon was on its back with its claws under the lid of the trash can, which was upside down on top of it, shaking that can trying to get the lid off! Don’t even think they don’t know how to open a plastic container, lol!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 06:09 AM   #3426  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, we get ants in our mailbox! They come into the house hidden under the pieces of mail, ick. Now I shake every piece of paper as I take it out of the box.

Ann, do you use regular table salt or that rock salt? And do you know where I can buy rock salt? My table salt bgs hardly show a thing, other than getting all over my craft table.

Oh Sharon, I’m with you on craft messes! I was trying to practice a mixed media project yesterday along with a video, and by the time I was done I had bottles and jars, pens and markers, papers EVERYwhere, paper towels all over and on the floor, you name it, I had it out. I sure don’t look forward to cleaning that mess up. More power to you, Sharon, for diving in!

Jan, um, DD’s cleaning with all those animals... on a good day she can maybe clean a bit. Usually she is suffering from the PTSD and fibromyalgia and back issues and can hardly move for the pain. Right now she is suffering from kidney stones, she is miserable. But she says the animals are her crutch. So, there’s not much I can say. I believe the Veterans Administration has supplied her with a cleaning lady who comes every other Tuesday, but I’ve seen the lady in action, and she does more chatting than cleaning.

Melody, I read your wasp tip to DH. We get them outside our front door. They make nests under the eyes of the roof. DH calls them mud daubers?

Catherine, oh I also feel your technology pain in trying to program phones. Or anything else, for that matter. DH leaves setting up electronics to me, and I may possibly mutter how much I hate them a time or two. And that’s so weird about you losing the screen but the phone still works. So strange.

I’m so glad Honey is being treated for all her problems after being lost. DH said it would make a good movie, a sweet little dog getting lost, and all the forest creatures she met along the way, a curious frog, maybe a chatty caterpillar. And how they taught her how to hide from the predators. (The story theme is my idea.).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 06:11 AM   #3427  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning to everyone. I forgot to say that in my above post!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 06:19 AM   #3428  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning. Hot Saturday. Just turned on the A/C.

Kathy, I would guess either a raccoon or oppossom. Both have sharp claws and can climb. And most animals have an extremely acute sense of smell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 06:34 AM   #3429  
Proud Fan Club Member

Such a mess
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-7e4cba1b-f794-451e-9b2b-382c1abb6221.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 06:35 AM   #3430  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, I got the heavy rock salt for cards on Amazon.

I used regular table salt for the one I had drying and I do like the subtle small drops from it. It's a different look for sure. I really poured on lots of the stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 06:42 AM   #3431  
Proud Fan Club Member

Has anyone tried the Tim Holtz crackle paint Clear Rock Candy? I bought some and tried it. It takes quite a while to develop but is so lovely when it’s dry. I discovered by sad accident, though, that the crackle flakes off if it’s bumped. What good is the paint for, then? A card with it on couldn’t be sent through the mail. ?
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-910d4ba3-c3b1-451b-aa0b-9e053416c982.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 06:45 AM   #3432  
Proud Fan Club Member

I could see a raccoon doing it, but not a possum. The container has been out on the porch for months and the possum only comes up when there's food in a dish. I wonder if a coon has sharp enough claws to go through a steel catfood can?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 06:56 AM   #3433  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Has anyone tried the Tim Holtz crackle paint Clear Rock Candy? I bought some and tried it. It takes quite a while to develop but is so lovely when it’s dry. I discovered by sad accident, though, that the crackle flakes off if it’s bumped. What good is the paint for, then? A card with it on couldn’t be sent through the mail. ?
From the reviews, many people did not have success with it. And most used it on surfaces like glass and then inked over it and rubbed the ink into the cracks. I'm guessing the flexibility of cardstock would have too much give and probably why it cracked for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 07:00 AM   #3434  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie , my clean room looks like your mess. In other words, not too clean, even after cleaning!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-3eb32dd2-1fa7-486c-8c51-2cfcfe523b0c.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 07:02 AM   #3435  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry, sideways.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 07:50 AM   #3436  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, I think I have a bottle of that rock candy crackle. And I don't remember if I've ever used it, or if so once, so it's probably 'rock solid'. Had it for years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 08:35 AM   #3437  
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, too fun! Love your photo!

Kathy, the video I watched for using the cracked glass paint was for a card. Not too functional, apparently. Maybe on a canvas that will be hung up and not touched. I did try it on acetate and it turned out fantastic.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 08:42 AM   #3438  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok, I got all my projects from this week uploaded, now to catch up commenting.

Thanks Kandie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 09:14 AM   #3439  
Stazon Splitcoast

My craft room is a work on progress with tidying, after I had a move round I found things I had just thrown in a draw now I have to put them all away.

I did find a card to turn into a get well card as it’s just too hot to think straight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 09:18 AM   #3440  
Stazon Splitcoast

In our car coming home this morning, 29c at 10.08
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-41c346dc-d39d-41c2-b2ca-8e25e51a5285.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Likes