Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-22-2020, 04:42 AM   #1961  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Jan, I’m so sorry to hear about the school difficulties. So hard on both parents and the children themselves.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 04:55 AM   #1962  
Proud Fan Club Member

We had a productive estate sale trip yesterday. We came home with a green heavy open work plant stand that I will use by the front door, a metal and wood table that I used to replace DH’s old end table (and he can’t damage with coffee spills), and a twin bed headboard and footboard with the side rails that I’m trying to talk DH into repurposing into a bench.

I had to laugh at him, he removed a lamp that was sitting on the plant stand, then set it on another table and rearranged the stuff on that table around the lamp. I looked at him, and he smiled and said I’m doing a Monk. Lol

And then a lady nearby said have you seen the actor that played Monk doing a video on how Monk would behave during this pandemic? Now I have to see if I can find it, she said it’s a riot.

Wow, just heard Victoria’s Secret and Bath and Body Works are closing. 40% drop in sales, they can’t afford to stay open.

I need to check out today’s challenges. I have card ideas in my head. DH is working his DS1’s own estate sale today (at a house that is for sale for $365,000). I sure won’t expect him to buy anything from this sale. Even at half off tomorrow, nothing in that house we can afford! And I have today and tomorrow to play card making for several hours without getting dressed, hooray!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 05:12 AM   #1963  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

No, Gracie! Not another accident! I am so sorry, and saying prayers. Ha, my first thought, can you still do VSN. . I hope they gave you good pain pills and you were able to sleep. And hopefully, no surgery! I hate to say this here, but coming out of surgery was more painful than when I fell! It was like staring all over again!
Kandie, when did you have your hand surgery?

Spiders, Jayne? Eek! Two things freak me out, spiders/bugs and snakes!

Jan, that is terrible about the grandsons’ school. But, good Mom will be home for awhile until they find something. That is neat that Steve cooks at home and at sons! DH cooks here, and on occasion has grilled at our DD’s house.

Ann, I hope your son can get some relief from his pain. I had to laugh , I am sorry, when you said your DH burns things when he grills. My DH is opposite, and won’t leave the grill when cooking, except to run in and get a utensil or something. If he is cranky, sometimes he is, LOL , he yells for me to get something, saying “I can’t do everything!” Hmm. We all have our differences in DHs. LOL

I hope all of you with headaches and pains get better today, and get to craft. Jayne , how are you feeling?

I am having FaceTime with my gfs that I usually go to Panera with. In fact they are going to Panera and will FaceTime me from there.

Anyone want to FaceTime later today , feel free! I seem to have more mojo when talking to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 05:17 AM   #1964  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Hi, Kandie! We posted at the same time! DH says that VS and BBW are same corporation. I love Bath and Body Works!
Yay for productive day at the estate sales!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 05:19 AM   #1965  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,394 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Kandie that’s a shock bath and body works closing,

I can’t believe they are opening pools and campsites, that seems a bit too soon for me, I have enough problems zig zagging along the Paseo to avoid people.

Well they’ve dug all along the back edge of the pool, no damaged pipes there so he started digging towards the pump box but it’s Friday and so he’s gone home at 2.30pm and isn’t coming back until Monday! So we have piles of concrete but they will need it to back fill so we can’t get rid of it.
Steve was talking to him, he said he’s not spanish his name is igor so not sure where he’s from, speaks a few words of English but it’s easier speaking in Spanish steve said ha,ha

It’s baking hot too but at least we can still swim.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 05:22 AM   #1966  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon Steve doesn’t leave the kitchen either unless it’s something in the oven, he times everything to the second, if I cook and leave the kitchen he gets annoyed with me.
My BIL says my sister can burn water as she just walks away and forgets she’s actually cooking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 05:25 AM   #1967  
Proud Fan Club Member

Here it is!  The video is midway down the article.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 05:26 AM   #1968  
Stazon Splitcoast

I’ve been sorting all the photos and putting them into envelopes with names on so they will know what the are when we are no longer around, our youngest got quite excited when I told him I was sorting, he’s really interested to see them.

I’m going to make them both an album with some photos, I enjoyed looking through them, our wedding photos too, it’s our wedding anniversary next Friday, 49 years, Steve says he would have got less time for murder, he loves me really, I think, LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 05:34 AM   #1969  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, great idea on making books for the children filled with memories. I did that for my DDs, and made one of my own life. It goes to my brother when I’m gone.

Great news! Prayer indeed works! DH’s nephew, who has Downs Syndrome and is severely mentally challenged (age 50) has passed his two weeks’ quarantine period and is no longer testing positive for Covid-19! He made it through and is okay now. Oh my gosh, everyone is so relieved. DH was tearful with happiness when he told me. . .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 07:05 AM   #1970  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Good morning! I'm sorry I was missing yesterday. It was a rough day for me. Our weather here is awful and my head isn't happy about it. My hormones have been getting the better of me. I read all the chatter and wrote a long post commenting on it all, and it vanished. It got me so upset, I walked away to do other things. Better today.

Kathy, did you get the possum?
Jan, sorry about DGSs school.
Gracie, you need to take care of yourself! I hope you feel better and recover quickly.
Kandie that is great news! I nearly cried too. I have spent 15 years working with children with special needs and understand how hard change can be for them and those around them. It's just as hard, if not harder when they are adults. Glad you found some good things at the estate sale.
Sharon, I would be happy to video craft with you but I don't have Facetime. I can do zoom or messenger though. I need to go to the post office to mail a parcel but am available after that.
Have a great day all!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 07:34 AM   #1971  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,113 Likes on 967 Posts

Good morning ladies. Gracie, you have to stop hurting yourself.

Sorry, ladies, but Monk humor is totally lost on me. I can relate much better to Colombo.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 07:40 AM   #1972  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,179 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Morning!

Got to make this short, already behind on morning stuff, and grandkids are waiting for me to call them back.

Gracie!!!! Ouch! My left hand is feeling your pain as I have locking joints in it and severe arthritis! And that is what happens to me, severe pain if I pick things up with just that left hand. Old age sucks! We have the time to do things and our bodies don't want us to!

Jan so sorry to hear about the school for your grandkids! My oldest son and DIL will home school Teresa and Jack next year. In fact she is going for year round school with just four hours a day.

Kandie, so funny with Ed rearranging things. Would have loved to have seen that! My spouse doesn't rearrange anything!

Did I tell all of you I BLEW UP at him finally about him leaving stuff laying all over the family room. You could hardly get to the furniture in there anymore. He opened the little pool and all the pool supplies were laying all over the carpet, tools, cleaning supplies, papers, everywhere!! Said NO MORE of this! You are home, put things away! This has been a battle with him all the years of our marriage!

Always told the kids to clean up after themselves but they would say, dad doesn't!

OK I'm done! Time to get moving!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 08:25 AM   #1973  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Good morning. thanks for prayers and thoughts. didnt sleep well. hand hurts and its hard to type with one.

Im going to watch Monk video. im sure it will make me laugh. Hugs to all

Oh yes i wanted to ask Kathy did you catch possum?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 09:54 AM   #1974  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts
Default Hello

Hello
Uh oh, I spilled a glass of wine last night, and some got on my computer. Now, caps lock is stuck on and I have to hold it down when typing... have to google that.....

Finished the masks I was sewing for church, and using tee shirt material as ties, mail came and elastic I ordered 4/12 has finally arrived!

My hubby mostly cooks on the grill, I do not cook on the grill at all. He can make simple meals- hamburgers 🍔 ... he makes Oxtail soup once a year... I cannot have it, as it has barley in it.

Kandie, great finds at the sale. I got a kick out of that video of Monk. Wonderful news about recovery! Awesome!

Ann, you would go crazy here- girls are sloppy! I give up, its for a short time & then I will miss them! Sorry about your son’s continuing back pain.

Jan, sorry about the kids school. That is too bad. And the pool tiles.... sounds like it is turning into a big job.

Gracie- oh no!!! Heal quickly!!!

Annette, when you type & it disappears, try CTRL and Z. Sometimes it will pop back up.

Sharon, enjoy FaceTime with your Panera friends!

Kathy, hope you catch the possum!

Jayne- the muffins sound delicious! Your temps sound nice- do you have much humidity? I am imagining a nice breeze off the waterfront: )

Waving hello to all!

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 05-22-2020 at 10:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 12:29 PM   #1975  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

No possum! I give up. I will just make sure no cat dishes have food.

I LOVE Monk! I will have to chec km that out.

I skimmed all the posts because DH and I are repairing a ceiling in craft/DS2's bedroom. Terrible roof leak left ceiling a mess and mold was growing so it was urgent to get it done. My house is a mess from drywall dust and I have stamps, punches, and tons of other stuff all over the kitchen and living room! I don't see it getting less messy before Sunday. He will have to sand at least two or three times and then he is going to swirl the ceiling. It will not be a perfect match since he only replaced one sheet of drywall but it will at least be swirled. Honestly, I really didn't care what it looked like as long as the mold was gone. Oooooh boy! He just told me he won't have to sand at all since its on the ceiling and being swirled over!!!

Good news...17 PA counties are going into the green next Friday! Ours isnt one of them, but we are in yellow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 12:41 PM   #1976  
Proud Fan Club Member

Loved that video! Poor Monk...singing 99 bottles of beer instead of happy birthday twice! LOL. Its a jungle out there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 04:45 PM   #1977  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I baked another batch of rhubarb muffins; waiting for them to cool, so I can put them in the freezer. I picked a bunch of rhubarb today and chopped it up. I have 2 huge plants, and this is the best time of year for it before it gets hot and dry. So I guess tomorrow, I'm going to be making more rhubarb muffins or bread. Most of the breads get given away, but the muffins make a nice snack. I put them in small containers in the freezer, so only pull out a few at a time.``
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #1978  
Proud Fan Club Member

I decided to give the possum one more chance! But I'm not waiting all night. I have two outside kitties inside plus my inside bad boy. My cat gets along with both of them but Kirby hates Barbie and Barbie hates Kirby.

DS is sleeping on a mattress on the floor tonight. Once DH swirls the ceiling in the morning I will be able to start to put the room back together. And I can clean it, although I've been sneezing a lot from today's dust. After I clean tomorrow I will take a shower.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 07:34 PM   #1979  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,179 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Sleep well everyone!

Kathy, good luck tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2020, 08:26 PM   #1980  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 936 Posts

Happy Saturday..see if I can remember all the chat. Kathy, did you finally get the possum? I hope you get your ceiling done soon and the mould has gone. We once had mould in Son2s bedroom at a house we lived in years ago. It was coming from the bathroom next to his room and a cracked tile. I didn’t realise until then how bad mould is for you and especially with respiratory problems.

Kandie, yay to finding something at the estate sale. I was so happy to read about your nephew. Great news.

(((Annette)))...it’s been one of those weeks. I was like that earlier in the week. Hope you are feeling better. I was once told that we still have monthlies post menopause. I know I do..sore boobs, mood swings...I could throw something at times and my worst side comes out. It passes after a couple of days. Then I cry.

Sharon, I would have FaceTimed you but you will be sleeping now. I’m about to head to my craft room after I’ve thawed out. It’s warmer outside than in. My DH does all the bbqing and he won’t leave the bbq unless it’s to get something and then he is like Sharon’s hubby and says he can’t do everything lol. It is hilarious. He also cooks our salmon or fish...not always but most times as he gets it right..so he tells me lol.

Ann, I would have yelled at my DH too. I do not like mess in my house. In the garage and outside he can do whatever he likes but indoors I’m fanatical about it. I used to be compulsive obsessive and tidying up around people years ago. I was a shocker. If he cooks or prepares the veggies for me he makes such a mess. I just leave it now and clear away after he’s finished as he can’t always see it. It’s strange as his wardrobe is much tidier than mine and even in his garage he is tidy and his car...much tidier than mine. Men are weird lol.

Shelly it is beautiful out on the deck...27 degrees today. We rarely get humidity on the West coast although this last summer was higher in humidity than previous years. Ours is a dry heat. Yes we do get a lovely breeze we call the Freo Dr from our coast. As we are only 500m from the ocean we get a lovely breeze and rarely have to have the aircon on. I just open the windows for the breeze. Mind you, tomorrow when the storm hits which is a cyclone from the north which will meet with a low depression on our coast, we have been told to batten down the hatches and expect winds up to 135km/hr and up to 40mm of rain. We will bring the outdoor cushions in tonight and our bins into the garage otherwise we won’t see them again. It makes our windows shake but I love to listen to it if I’m cozy indoors. It’s unusual for this time of year.

Gracie hope your hand is healing ok. Will you just have to keep taking the tablets and keep the brace on. What’s the next step? All I can think about is that you cant craft as well and it makes me sad. We are wrapping you up in bubble wrap.

Melody, yummy rhubarb. We have so many muffins here I had to freeze quite a few. I also took some up for DIL1 and the poppets last night. We had dinner with them and played Mario cart. I learnt I’m crap at it lol. Was fun.

I received so much happy mail this week and am going to take my cards up to my craft room. I’ve asked DH if he will put my pin board up over the next week so I can peg them on there. I received 2 tickles and a card from a friend on another thread. I’m spoilt.

Jan, I’m sending you hugs today today...in fact it’s time for a group hug. I can’t believe the pool guy has dug a trench and still can’t find the problem. Thankfully you can still use the pool. Keep FaceTiming those poppets of yours...time will go quickly.

I don’t know who Monk is but I used to love Colombo movies.

Where’s Catherine gone? If I’ve missed some chat, sorry.

My sinus infection has improved but boy I’m coughing hunk up,..sorry and hope you weren’t eating when you read that. DH says he’s not coming near me lol.

Sleep well. It’s time to have a cuppa, eat one of my muffins and then think of challenges and VSN.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-22-2020 at 08:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 04:49 AM   #1981  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning everyone! A fun inspiration challenge today, unfortunately, also an enabler site for certain people who love vintage decor (me). I have to hide my credit card while I’m browsing, lol.

Melody, we are total Colombo geeks, love that man, and we were so sad when we’d watched them all. If the shows on tv don’t improve soon, we may be re-watching the series!

Monk was a choice because of running out of things to watch, now I am addicted to it. DH said he can only watch two episodes in a row before wanting to strangle the man.

It was funny to hear him say he was doing a Monk. Usually he wanders around doing Maxwell Smart and telling me his missed it by THIS much.

Ann, good for you for telling that man off! Not only does his mess cause you frustration and distress, but could be dangerous if someone tripped and fell over something he left lying around!

Kathy, gosh, loved your jungle post funny. I’ve been humming the theme song ever since, thanks for that, lol.

Jayne, good morning/evening to you. My stepsister gets that gunk constantly and when I have the same problem now and then, she tells me to drink warm teas, says it helps loosen everything. Another visual no one needs during Saturday’s breakfast, sorry about that!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 05:14 AM   #1982  
Stazon Splitcoast

Our youngest son still watches columbo, all the time, I said he must know the words off by heart he’s seen every episode so many times, a bit like us with cheers and frasier, we still watch those.

Kandie I’m so pleased to hear about your nephew, you must be all so pleased.

I was so upset last night as Jules who does all our travel insurance sent us quote for October when our current years runs out, it’s almost a thousand pounds but there isn’t any virus cover, we had to make the decision to cancel our flights to SF, I was so upset, I kept bursting into tears all night, our son says it’s better than going and catching it, I guess I knew we couldn’t go but I was living with false hope! Anyway we’ve cancelled our flights and they say we will get a credit note that lasts for eighteen months, hopefully by then things may change, we always go then as it’s both of the both boys birthdays , my birthday, Halloween and thanksgiving So it’s we all have lots to celebrate.

I said to our son that I’m upset not being able to see them all, he said well your looking at me now aren’t you, typical man logic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 05:18 AM   #1983  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gracie how are you, did I read that right that you can’t craft, oh dear , sorry to hear that, you won’t be allowed out if you aren’t careful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 05:22 AM   #1984  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pool is now 28c so getting better to swim, Steve was testing the skimmers to see if there is a blockage between the two but they seem fine so looks like they will have to dig right up to the pump box, I’ve been shopping to buy more bottled water as the poor lad was digging in the sun so steve kept giving him bottles of cold water to cool him off.

Now we have to sit in the BBQ area for shade rather than sit in piles of rubble.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 06:13 AM   #1985  
Proud Fan Club Member

It never ends, does it, Jan. I did see on the news that some airports are getting ready to have flights moving again, with some very strong restrictions. I’m hoping your area will free up soon so you can see your family.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 06:15 AM   #1986  
Proud Fan Club Member

Here’s the eye chart from last week. Now I don’t know where to put it, lol. Maybe on top of my makeup mirror? With the words Can You See Me Now in very large letters?
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-1f13fd7b-d103-4f05-8de3-7a37d565d461.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 07:46 AM   #1987  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning, ladies. Hugs to you all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 08:04 AM   #1988  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Good evening Jayne. Stay safe in that wild weather headed your way!

Hello all. Still can't type well but I can craft with one hand Jan.

Jan, so sorry about your trip. It is so sad and yes, men are very weird in their logic..."You're looking at me now aren't you?" Boys!

Have a good day. I'd comment more but it takes me too long with one hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 08:11 AM   #1989  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 943 Likes on 336 Posts

Good Evening, hello all,

today we had at least rain. It was really necessary, but unfortunately not enough.

I planted 20 Tomato plants and Salad plants yesterday. DH was mowing the lawn.

Gracie! Ouch! I hope it heal's quickly.

Kathy did you finally catch the possum?

Whishing you all a wonderful weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 08:18 AM   #1990  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie even when the airports open we won’t be able to travel without travel insurance as Steve has heart problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 08:27 AM   #1991  
Proud Fan Club Member

No luck on the possum. I unset the trap around ten as I was getting tired of having those other cats in the house. I've given up. Possum wins.

The four wheeler gang is back today! This is the first they have been here in months! It's fun watching them and the guy on the dirt bike is throwing mud from his tires! I wouldn't want to do their laundry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 08:29 AM   #1992  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Kandie even when the airports open we won’t be able to travel without travel insurance as Steve has heart problems.
Jan, is it that you can't get it or is it just ridiculously expensive?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 08:48 AM   #1993  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, it sounds as if non of the insurance companies will cover it, it would cost nearly a thousand pounds just for the normal cover, if it covered the virus we would pay but with Steve heart problems we can’t risk going anywhere without it especially America, it cost over two million for his triple bypass in SF.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 01:00 PM   #1994  
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! That is incredible! I can see why you won't go without it.

I hurt all over! We finished the room, everything is dusted and put back and I even have shelf room because I pulled out things to sell! Already sold 12 ink pads with reinkers to class friend. I have two large bags of stamps and at least a dozen dies that I'm letting go of! After all that work, I took the electric blanket off the bed because it got up in the 80s today. Then I got a shower and boy did that feel good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 02:23 PM   #1995  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I got an electric ice cream maker for my birthday, so I made ice cream today. Instead of whole milk and whipping cream, I used 1% and half and half, so I think it will be less creamy, but I'm sure it will still be tasty. When it comes out of the freezer bowl, it's still very soft, so you have to put it in a container and freeze it more in the freezer. Can't wait to try it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 07:18 PM   #1996  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts
Default Hello

Evening hello!
We had a couple of huge storms today- pouring rain.. 1 1/2" rain total. It was the virtual graduation for the High School our kids graduated from.....

Well, my computer is on its way to get repaired. Since the keyboard is messed up I cannot sign in anymore. Fortunately, I spent the $$$ to get insurance as the computer is only 14 months old. The Tuesday Morning by Best Buy was open! I had to go in and see what if anything was new.

Melodie- did you make vanilla or a flavor of ice cream? My husband loves ice cream. He enjoys making different flavors but loves vanilla. I cannot have it- like Ann, allergic to milk.

Wow Jan, that is crazy to have to get trip insurance anywhere you go. At least the medical care is good here : ) But, 2 million? Did you try to negotiate a lower price???

Kathy- sorry about that darn possum! Wonderful to get some cleaning up of your crafting space.

Dagmar- that is a lot of tomatoes!!! Do you can them? We have 4 big boys and 4 with small (2.5 cm sized) tomatoes.

Gracie glad you can still create. Be careful!!!

Kandie yes, I started looking at the site for the challenge but got distracted and have to say- it was really cool! And, yes, I like to see Monk, a couple of episodes are enough... I also used to love Columbo ...and who remembers Joe Mannix?

Catherine, my daughter decided to resign Starbucks- she works so little and is getting a raise.... I hope your daughter is doing OK working there. And for your youngest, hope her plans for next year's schooling is going well. My daughter is not confident that in Chicago the schools will even open. I guess wait and watch is all we can do. The girls were looking online and saw masks at Banana Republic made with sequins, and other sites- masks with fringe too.....

Ann, hope your son's back is better!

I hope to get some creative time tomorrow- I want to run out to the cemetery my parents are buried at.... it is a National Cemetary, so may wait for another day, we'll see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 07:41 PM   #1997  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 936 Posts

Happy Memorial Day weekend ladies. I seem to think it is Memorial Day your way and a long weekend but we all are having long weekends these days.

Gracie I hope your hand comes good soon. Crafting with one hand would be difficult.

Kandie, that is the sort of eye chart I need...I can read it with my specs on LOL

Jan, you know how sad I am for you and your cancelled trip, but I do think you are doing the right thing. I know how expensive travel insurance is and once you get older it just goes through the roof. That is why we are trying to travel...or were...as much as possible as we know once the insurance gets expensive it makes the trips a ridiculous amount. With Steve’s condition it would be a risk you can’t take and not until there is a vaccine. We have been told that even though the virus has gone here in our State...for now...that we can’t travel overseas until next year. They are even talking about having us quarantined if we do travel. I know we shouldn’t live in fear and I try not to, but once you or a loved one has a condition that makes them vulnerable, you have to think twice before doing things. Next year will come so quickly and then you will be able to go without paying too much. I love your son’s humour. He is right...imagine what we would be like if we didn’t have FaceTime or other apps and the ability to see our loved ones. Hugs

It’s dark here and it’s middle of the morning. The storm is on its way and a good day to stay indoors and craft LOL. Time for me to head into my room and create something. I fancy making some BGs on my gelli plate today and doing some watercolouring. I am so behind on my Kit & Clowder classes too and saw an amazing photo of a flower class she offers and which I have paid for. I must check that out too. So much to do and so little time.

I hope everyone I’ve missed is going ok. Big hugs to you all.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 08:27 PM   #1998  
Stazon Splitcoast

Melody I’ve always fancied an ice cream maker but ice cream is pretty cheap to buy here that we never bothered as our kitchen isn’t very big on storage, sounds lovely though.

The insurance paid the bills for Steve’s bypass, lucky once they decided they would pay, they took over a week to decide as he’d only seen our doctor in Spain once in ten years, the bills went straight to them, a few came to us, one doctor charge a thousand dollars, Steve never even met him!!

Our DIL rang yesterday from their beach, she had taken a wind jammer so that no one should sit near them but we just started talking and 5e sea suddenly came up and under it so we had to say a quick bye so she could pack up, they are ringing again today, our GS said he was freezing even with a wet suit. The sea is so cold compared to here!

Stay safe Jayne, I hate storms, they are so scary when everything is going crazy outside, especially in the night . I’m thankful we don’t live where they have tornadoes, we had a whirl wind came through our garden once and actually flattened a small tree!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 09:19 PM   #1999  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, I made vanilla - the basic recipe that came with the machine. I couldn't wait to try it, so it was still really soft, but even low fat, it was yummy. I think the lower fat may make it more crystalized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 09:22 PM   #2000  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, do a google search for dairy free ice cream recipes. There are many available, and you could probably find some you like.
Reply With Quote Likes