Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-23-2020, 03:57 AM   #841  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

We can get Portuguese tarts on the seafront, a lovely lady opened a bakery and her husband makes them, dirt cheap too. He makes scrummy apple turnovers too

Jammy dodgers, our lads used to like them and penguin bars, When I was a girl, we had a biscuit tin and was allowed to choose a couple, not normally chocolate ones though only got those at my Grandmas, Bourbon creams, custard creams and my dad loved those with two layers with currants in the middle, we take ginger nuts to SF for our DIL and those sherbet space ships, do you remember those?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 04:01 AM   #842  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jayne lamb with mint sauce, delicious and bread with gravy, ha,ha we still have that too, my dad used to have a massive plate of food and then two slices of dry bread with it, mind you he worked twelve hour days and was so slim, he also took nearly a loaf of bread to eat for his snap, as we call pack up, mum used to buy that awful potted meat, that’s what Steve’s mum said when she had pate for the first time, it’s just posh potted meat, ha,ha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 04:50 AM   #843  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

It’s a good thing I watch all these British, Irish, Scottish and Australian detective shows, so I know what you’re talking about, lol. It always takes DH and I a few episodes to understand through the accents, and then I find another show that’s in a different part of the country, and we have to figure out the accent all over again! I translate for him when I can, biccies and shortcut words like that.

DH went to Dairy Queen for a banana split for me yesterday and said it was packed. Lots of cars with children inside!

The hair salon called me and moved my appointment one day later. The owner decided not to open on Friday May 1 but the next day.

If I EVER had the money to travel the world, I’m real sure a major portion would be spent sampling the special sweets everywhere we traveled!

DH put grass seed on the front yard where the trees had been cut down, and then stood at the living room window and yelled at the birds who were out there eating the seeds!

My DB has been released and sent home for in-house rehab, yay! Everyone is happy again!

Good morning to everyone!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 05:26 AM   #844  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie that’s good news about your DB. Not sure I would be happy going to the hairdressers, my appointment was last week, I think my hair will be wild unless I try and cut it as it grows thicker as it gets longer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 05:28 AM   #845  
Stazon Splitcoast

Don’t you love looking around supermarkets in different countries, now I’m like that in the uk as they are quite behind the times in Spain, especially in the cleaning department, I bring cleaning products back with me, Steve tells me ICI has rung for some chemicals back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 06:28 AM   #846  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,913 Likes on 2,182 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
from my demo: And NO! Stampin' Blends ARE NOT RETIRING...they will be sold as combo packs in the new catalog because that's how we've all been ordering them...so take a deep breath...But Snail and Refills are retiring....ok breath again...I promise you will like it's replacement EVEN better.
But some combo packs are on the retiring list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 07:13 AM   #847  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I just loving looking around stores, period. Even home improvement stores. Always something neat to find, or even something to use in a card idea! Or a new food to eat, lol. (Sweet tooth here).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 07:41 AM   #848  
Proud Fan Club Member

I've ordered in combo packs to begin with, but it would have been nice to replace just one if it dries out. I hear there are new tape runners. I can't wait for those demos who preordered early to start showing what they got. I hear the DSP is pretty too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 07:43 AM   #849  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
But some combo packs are on the retiring list.
Kathy, I think there are 36 - is that all the colors? I've never bought those, so don't know. I have Copics, so don't think I need anything else. And they don't get used enough as it is.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 07:49 AM   #850  
Proud Fan Club Member

DH just asked me if I needed anything from the store. Imagine that.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 07:54 AM   #851  
Proud Fan Club Member

There are 36 color sets in the current catalog. But Bermuda bay and blackberry bliss are just two that I noticed are retiring individual mblends and sets. Cajun craze is another. Cherry cobbler....se why I wondered? If they are retiring those combo sets, I assumed they were discontinuing them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 08:32 AM   #852  
Stazon Splitcoast

I’ve always wanted a tape runner,I nearly bought one but I can’t get them here, well there’s no. Raft shops that I’ve found! Probable a good job really
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 08:43 AM   #853  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Morning!

Wow, lots of chatter!! Hooray for all of you!!

Gracie, so glad the vet found the cause of her infection!

Painting in our house is usually done by me! I did make my spouse paint the powder room this last time. Still had to go touch up all the spots he missed! He was painting it during March Madness. Get this he started in the middle of the walls! I said what the h...! Sometimes I think he does things just to make me angry or that I will not ask him to do them again.

I loved Kathy's card with the magnolia stamp! Looked at the price and said nope, too expensive for me! Anything good on clearance at SU? That's the only way I can afford to buy stuff! With spouse retiring we will be on limited income now so no big purchases.

Never use a tape runner, use Tombow glue all the time now. And it is out of stock again. I have it on a monthly delivery from Amazon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 08:48 AM   #854  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I should check my supply of Tombow mono multi. I usually put that on my wish list for my family, so I never run out. I have some giftable dates coming up in May.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #855  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Wow! Lots of chatting. I love hearing from everyone about the sweets they eat. I've never heard of many that Jan and Jayne talk about...which is a good thing, since I eat way too much chocolate as it is.

Jan, I love that you were getting free white highlights with Steve's painting! Hah! I'm like Jayne, covered in paint when painting. My DH doesn't mind painting, but I hate painting rooms and make a huge mess. I must be like Ann's DH...trying to get out of painting by not doing it correctly! LOL

Kandie, your DH sounds like mine...always running to the store for this or that. He's in and out unlike me. When I used to shop, I could look for hours. I'm like you Kandie, I see card ideas in the colors and patterns I see at the stores.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 09:16 AM   #856  
Proud Fan Club Member

I use tombow liquid for nearly everything. I just opened a bottle and I have four more full ones. I buy the bigger bottles, twice the size of those little ones.

Demo says they are reconfiguring (maybe renumbering) the blends combo sets. I did some outside work today. My sisters both burn trash in our barrel and someone thinks cans and glass will burn! I have to dig that stuff out of the ashes or the barrel will fill up. And someone burned those curling lightbulbs! They need special disposing! I may have to have a talk with people! Not fair for me to burn their trash AND dig through the leftovers to throw into the regular garbage. We also unclogged the kitchen drain. Its been giving us issues for months now but I've been throwing the water out instead of down the drain.

Last edited by muscrat; 04-23-2020 at 09:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 09:24 AM   #857  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Good morning! I loved all the chatter about sweets, I was chuckling as I read through it.

Jayne, the person who introduced my daughters to Tim Tams gave them a process for eating them. (This person is from Canada.) She said you have them with hot chocolate and you take a bite out of opposite corner of the Tim Tam and them you soak the end in the hot chocolate and suck the other end eventually causing the Tim Tam to become a straw. We found some at Walmart and tried it at home, it does work, but mostly they just eat them like a cookie (or biccie or biscuit).

Jan, now I am so curious to hear you say water! I think it is a pretty basic word and am surprised they can't understand you.

Jayne, I'm the odd one out, I don't like sparkling water! I prefer mine plain or with a lemon wedge. Boring, I know.

All this food talk is making me hungry! And I've been limiting my food intake so won't allow myself to eat for another couple of hours yet. I'd better go make another cup of tea!

Kandie, so glad to read your DB has been released from the hospital! That is wonderful, I can't imagine having someone in the hospital and not being able to be there with them.

I, too, have quite the sweet tooth so would sample sweets around the world!

I usually did pretty good with all the variety of accents on Downton Abbey. But this talk about accents reminds me of when I was in college in France. There was a British handyman at the school and we Americans loved to visit with him and listen to him talk. After he would leave, other European students (France, Italy, Germany) would look at us and ask what he had said because they couldn't understand him! That was when we knew there were too many Canadians and US citizens there, they had gotten used to English our way!

Yum to Dairy Queen!

Yes, it is fun to look at markets in other countries.

Kathy, I wondered if they had another production problem with their blends and were discontinuing them.

Kandie, what store is your DH always headed out to? My dad was like that, he liked to go to Walmart every day and my home town was small enough, that it wasn't a big trip to get therre.

Jan, no craft stores helps you save money, right?

Ann, I usually do the painting here too. My DH can do it just fine but he really dislikes it and there are so many home improvement tasks that I don't know how to do (I should do them with him and learn) but painting is one way I can help him.

Yes, I looked through all the retiring products on my demo's site and thought a lot of them were on the spendy side.

Gracie, I knew I had bitten by the scrapbooking bug when we passed by an auto lot and the flags they had flying (not country or state flags, just decorative) caught my eye and I told my DH, "That would make a great border!" I was right, it did but it was tedious to make!

Kathy, where do you purchase the bigger bottles of Tombow liquid? And yes, I think you should definitely talk with people about what they are putting in your burn barrel!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #858  
Proud Fan Club Member

My LSS gets them in. But I'm not sure if she is open or when she will open, if not. I usually buy two when I go out so I'm happy I have lots.

My days of the week calendar is a failure. I see Thursday every time I look at it but I still think its Sunday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 10:02 AM   #859  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Hello all! Bot did I miss a lot of chatter! I spent yesterday baking bread, going through the retired list and looking through the new catalogue. There is always lovely new things but I am only going to get the new In Colors in paper and markers for now. There are some lovely new papers too but I already have so much. Today is chore day s I'd better get back at it.

Have a great day all!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 10:35 AM   #860  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Annette! Have fun with your chores!

Most of mine have to wait, too noisy as three people are always on the phone for work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 10:54 AM   #861  
Proud Fan Club Member

This family makes me smile and sometimes giggle! They're not only fun, but he really has a good voice! I do think he is ADHD, though. I recognize the signs! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 11:01 AM   #862  
Stazon Splitcoast

Anne you made me smile saying your husband does the painting wrong so you won’t ask him again, my dad would always wash the dishes and when Steve first came to my Mum and dads for lunch my dad tried to get him To help, he told us that his Mum made him wash the dishes so he broke a few, she never asked him again

Usually people in San Francisco ask if we are Australian, my son says he gets asked that all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #863  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will have a look for Tombow next time I’m visiting, is it silicone? I’ve been using some Spanish silicone glue but I’ve nearly run out,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 11:34 AM   #864  
Proud Fan Club Member

Have any of you filled out the census yet? I'm not sure what to do with question 7. I checked white, but how do I know my origins?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #865  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, guess you should say, pay for a genealogist to locate my family in that blank! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 11:49 AM   #866  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, seriously for you it is hard since your family was in the US for such a long time.

Mine came later so we know that they are German and Irish! AT least on my side of the family!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 11:55 AM   #867  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, maybe you should just write American in the blank, since as far back as parts of your family go they were all born here in the US.

I filled out the census the day after we got it. They had already sent a second reminder the day after we got the first letter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 12:20 PM   #868  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm thinking of leaving it blank. I looked on google and that seems to be OK if you don't know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 05:20 PM   #869  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, love the video, that family is such fun!

As for the census, I think putting American is appropriate. That is what my family is for a number of generations on both sides of the family.

Yum to baking bread! I'm going to have to do that in the next couple of days. Right now I have garlic rosemary white beans cooking in my instant pot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 05:41 PM   #870  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Funny video Kathy...thanks for sharing! He does have a good singing voice! Yes, I'd leave it blank or write American. We sent ours in...I can't even remember what I put...too many different countries to list.

Yum, Catherine! The insta pot beans sound good. I'm hungry. DH is cooking stuffed peppers...love them!

Annette...love freshly baked bread!

Ann, what have you been baking lately? Something yummy...I'm sure!

Hi Jan and all...off to go eat now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 06:12 PM   #871  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, I showed the video to DD1. When he got to the Rapunzel part, he was singing and DD1 said, "He didn't change the lyrics, that is the song!" before he got to the part where he starts saying, "Hey, this sounds familiar!" Cracked me up.

Jan, I don't know if the Tombow glue is silicone or what.

Hi Gracie! Bon appetit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 06:14 PM   #872  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Haven't baked anything but cinnamon rolls and bread lately. We have so many cookies that spouse got when he went to the store one of the very last times!

That video was so funny, and yes the guy has such a good voice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 06:15 PM   #873  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, typical classification is either white or caucasian for anyone of European decent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 06:26 PM   #874  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Working on updating the Alpha crew list, anyone have any changes to it?

I already changed Shelly birthday to the 18th instead of the 28th!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 06:35 PM   #875  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Pat V has a new address, if she hasn't let you know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 06:47 PM   #876  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yum Ann, cinnamon rolls and bread sound good to me!

I was going to make caramel rolls tonight, but when we walked the dogs, I stepped on a rock and turned my ankle...fell down on the ground! Sheesh! Always something! I'm icing my swollen ankle! A perfect example of why I'm called Gracie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 06:49 PM   #877  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gracie, so sorry you fell down!! Hope the swelling goes down soon!

I pm'd Pat and asked her about her new address and if she still wanted to be listed.

Anyone else have any changes?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 07:12 PM   #878  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!!

I've got a headache so going to bed!! Must mean rains are coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 07:13 PM   #879  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
We can get Portuguese tarts on the seafront, a lovely lady opened a bakery and her husband makes them, dirt cheap too. He makes scrummy apple turnovers too

Jammy dodgers, our lads used to like them and penguin bars, When I was a girl, we had a biscuit tin and was allowed to choose a couple, not normally chocolate ones though only got those at my Grandmas, Bourbon creams, custard creams and my dad loved those with two layers with currants in the middle, we take ginger nuts to SF for our DIL and those sherbet space ships, do you remember those?
Jan you are taking me down memory lane...not that that was too long ago *wink*. Pengins...my sister always has those in her fridge and yep used to have those. I buy ginger nuts here and in fact had 2...wait 3...yesterday. I poured cream on 2 last night for my dessert as we have run out of cake LOL. I don't usually buy cream unless for a special treat but I seem to be buying it a lot lately LOL. I remember the cream biccies...yuk...we always had the assortment pack and I would skip those LOL. I have a biccie tin here and I seem to be the only one raiding it at present. No wonder those scales are tipping over LOL...or lying

My mum and dad always said snap too....nought queerer than folk LOL.  Potted meat LOL...I love pate and used to make my own with chicken livers until I got slack.  I now only buy it at Xmas or if we are having friends over and I do a platter.  My mum would say it was like potted meat if she were alive....cute.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 07:15 PM   #880  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodnight Ann! Hope your headache goes away while you sleep!
Reply With Quote Likes