Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-23-2019, 09:23 PM   #2001  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,265 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Ann, yes they do! She actually said more...after what I typed above she said, "Before you know it they go to Copic College, and then get a Copic job, and then Copic retirement!" She is so funny!

Kathy, most of the time my fortunes are very goofy and make no sense as well. Or are just a saying, not a fortune, from my perspective.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 12:55 AM   #2002  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 943 Likes on 336 Posts

Good Morning,

cold and sunny over here. I'm getting my mail ready to send tomorrow.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 05:20 AM   #2003  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,113 Likes on 967 Posts

Good morning, all. Sunny this morning. 35 now, up to 45 later. We're meeting the kids for Mexican for lunch today. A new restaurant to us. DD wanted someplace close to work, because she's putting in overtime today. We all love Mexican, and have found some good places to eat.

Have a great day, everyone.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 06:53 AM   #2004  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Yum, that sounds good Melody. We eat lots of Mexican food in Arizona.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 07:04 AM   #2005  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, your daughters are very witty! Such fun! They remind me of my daughter. We raised some pretty great daughters, if I don't say so myself! LOL

Ann, we have a rock yard because of constant fire danger and the town has a no watering ordinance to conserve water. You can't have a swimming pool either. Everyone is suppose to keep brush and weeds cleared and trees trimmed up because of fire danger. It's definitely a different environment than Wisconsin. I like both...variety is the spice of life.

Kathy, did your DH successfully rehome your skunk? Or did the skunk go skunk heaven? One of our dogs got sprayed once...nasty smell!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 07:48 AM   #2006  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Kathy's adventures in skunk trapping.....

We left him in the trap overnight. The trap got partially uncovered and the guys were all scared to go near it so I went out, covered the rest of the trap and got a boogie board and put him on it and pulled it up behind the barn. Dh is saying he doesn't know how he'll uncover the trap so I've got to go help some more. I probably should be afraid of getting sprayed but I'm not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 07:55 AM   #2007  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,179 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Morning!

Yes, does it look nice outside this morning! Sunny and 39 degrees right now but a chance of showers later!

No swimming pool in that nice weather, Gracie! Wow, but I suppose with low water levels its a must. My BIL in Queen Creek, AZ always sends us pictures of his blooming flowers and green lawn during the winter, such a brat! He keeps his back yard green but the front, which is larger not as much with the water issues.

Hi Dagmar! Great that you have your mail ready! Did you open my Christmas card yet? LOL! Never thought it would get to you that fast! Four days! I must have timed the flights just right!

Melody, have a great lunch with the family. I like Mexican but it does not like me! My stomach can not handle spicy.

Iris did not let me get to other things last night! She had an accident and peed all over the kitchen floor and herself. Son showered her and I cleaned! Rugs are still drying since they were so wet. My wash machine is going, new one is coming this week! It's our 7th wash machine since we lived here in 1981! With five boys I was always washing clothes both from their jobs in the restaurant business, soccer uniforms and everyday clothes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 08:47 AM   #2008  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It was in the 40s when I first checked this morning, now we are at 51 with a forecast high of 64 today. DH is off until a week from tomorrow. DD2, my introverted one, has social appointments both Monday and Tuesday so she will be going down the hill to work with me both days. Of course, DD1 has work and school every day this week. She evens works Thanksgiving morning!

Enjoy your lunch, Melody!

Gracie, I agree with you about our great daughters! Not that I'm biased at all, LOL....no swimming pool there in Arizona?! Wow, I don't know about living there without a pool!

Kathy, I hope none of you get sprayed! Love the title, Kathy's Adventures in Skunk Trapping!

Ann, Mexican food doesn't have to be spicy. Sorry to hear about Iris's accident.

You've worn out a lot of washing machines!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #2009  
Proud Fan Club Member

And the adventure ends....

We went to Walmart and then came home and put old coats on. I put rubber gloves on because I knew I would be lifting skunky towels and the boogie board. I also wore a mask, which, by the way, does not help. DH dug a shallow hole in the field and tried to shake him out of the trap. Of course trap doors are meant to stay closed unless hooked up, so every time dh shook the cage, the door closed. I propped the door open with a stick and shook it and he finally slid out into the hole. What a horrid smell being close up! Since my nose surgeries, smells get trapped in my nose for hours, so I'm thinking a dab of Vicks under my nose might help. We threw our clothes in the washer as soon as we came in and they are almost ready for the dryer.

The End
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 04:23 PM   #2010  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Goodness, Kathy, your skunk tales are fun...from the west coast!

I spent a good portion of today making a fishing card for one of the pastors on staff. He LOVES fishing and his birthday is Tuesday. He has mentioned that he doesn't save cards but he saves mine, so I went ahead and purchased the AI Reel Great Guys stamp set to make cards for him. I mean, if he is going to save my cards, I need to make him something good, right?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 04:41 PM   #2011  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts
Default Hello

Hello all!

Kathy- Oh my, your skunk adventures!!!

Catherine- fun to have your daughters at home still. You are so fortunate~! I so miss my girls! When my hubby wanted to move to Colorado when he saw out Grandbaby- far from any airport, it was just too far from my daughters! LOL I cannot imagine not seeing them easily!

Melodie- I so love Mexican food- just cannot have any dairy- allergic.... but they can accomadate me so easily! Yum! We tasted authentic Mexican last Christmas at SIL about an hour from Guadalajuara They do not eat Taco's like we do!

Ann- you are always on the go! I am cooking for Thanksgiving- but in a kitchen in Virginia! We will rent a house for a few days, and I will bring everything we need- very simple!

Gracie, your rock project sounds like alot of work, but almost done! My back was objecting : ) If it were us, hubby would end up doing most of the work! I love hearing about you seeling your cards- so very cool!

Shirl- I do not take napkins : ) But always have Kleenex with me! LOL

Waving hello to all!!!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 07:35 PM   #2012  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, my youngest is a junior in high school so I've definitely got her for a couple more years. The oldest is in her first year of college and, fortunately for us, chose to start her college career at a local junior college. She might spend two years there before transferring to a four year college. We'll see what happens.

What kind of stove do you cook with at home, Shelly? And what kind will be in Virginia? I have electric which is what I grew up with. In Southern California I had gas. It was an adjustment to cook with but, once I learned how, I prefer it to electric.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 06:07 AM   #2013  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Catherine, it's not just spicy it's dairy for me as well. My stomach just does not handle foods well. I take probiotics but it still acts up!

Shelly, I am with you, I could not move away from my sons and grandchildren. It will be harder when my son in California has children to not see them too often. I think this girl he has now is the one, they are talking marriage!

Catherine, we used to have gas at my parents home and it was an adjustment to get used to electric. I have had electric now all my married life! Funny my son in California just texted me yesterday that in their new apartment they have gas! He says wow, the temps are so different. Told him to get a good oven thermometer to check his ovens temps!

Well I have to move it! Lots to do and I am hoping for some time to make a card but don't know if it will happen! Need to get out some birthday cards too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 08:44 AM   #2014  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is crisp and chill here in Northern California and it looks like we might have a white Thanksgiving! The rain that was forecast for this week has turned into snow! Yikes! I don't want to drive in it and I don't want DD1 to drive in it. We shall see what happens.

It does make me thankful that my brother and SIL who live nearby are flying to Idaho for Thanksgiving with our oldest brother rather than driving. There are mountain passes that have to be crossed - including Donner Pass - to get to Idaho and it looks like this year is not the year for Thanksgiving driving travel.

Ann, DD1 has trouble with some dairy, some of the time. But it isn't anything consistent so that we can say she is lactose intolerant. She does have probiotics to take as needed.

I actually miss having gas to cook with. After getting used to it, it is so nice to have hot be hot from when you turn it on rather than having to wait for the electric to heat up.

I'm off to work. DH is off this week and has given himself quite the to-do list. We'll see how that goes. One of the first is to get the tarp over the wood pile, especially with snow in the forecast. Yesterday he blew the leaves and pine needles out of our rain gutters and he just commented that the wind is blowing lots of leaves down!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #2015  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello, hello! I'm another who prefers gas for cooking. That's what I grew up with and had in all the apartments I lived in. But when we bought our 1st home, the electric range was included, so I learned. Our present house doesn't have gas hookup to the kitchen, so we had to buy an electric stove. We had to replace that a year or so ago, and now have the glass top range. I one big plus is that it's easy to keep it clean. DD just moved into an apartment with a gas range, so she has to learn how to use it. She was a little nervous about using it, but I'm sure she'll do fine.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 03:04 PM   #2016  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Shelly, I have to have kleenex with me at all times. A naturopathic told me I am allergic to dust. Is that why my nose runs all the time?

I have heard gas is better for cooking but we have always had electric and my parents did as well.

Kathy, did that skunk survive or not?

Lots of laundry today and a trip to the chiro was had!

Did a couple of cards for the kraft challenge.

Hugs to all!
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #2017  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Shirl, laundry for me as well today! New machine is coming on Wednesday! So I am doing half loads so that the washer keeps running and doesn't get hung up! Worked for two loads!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 03:40 PM   #2018  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello everyone!

I finally got my laptop today! Yay! Now, I have to get used to the new keyboard. I can finally see the site better with my bigger screen. It's only 13" but a lot bigger than a phone or a tablet.

I went to crafting today and played Mahjong all afternoon. Yesterday, I made 24 modified snow globe jars for the craft sale Sat. & Sun. I'll post a picture.

Ann, yay, a new washing machine. They sure don't last like the old washers and dryers did!

Hi Kathy, Shirl, Melody, Shelly, Catherine, Sis, Jayne and Sharon. Still thinking of you and missing you Kandie!

Now, I finally check out some of your galleries.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 03:42 PM   #2019  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

All my snow globe containers with candy.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 03:42 PM   #2020  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You know those cool antiqued ornaments? Well, I was thinking... I have a bunch of egg shells that I had blown out years ago, and I'm going to try those for the ornaments. Probably hot glue a wire loop on top for hanging.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #2021  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Shelly, I have to have kleenex with me at all times. A naturopathic told me I am allergic to dust. Is that why my nose runs all the time?

I have heard gas is better for cooking but we have always had electric and my parents did as well.

Kathy, did that skunk survive or not?

Lots of laundry today and a trip to the chiro was had!

Did a couple of cards for the kraft challenge.

Hugs to all!
Shirl
No, shirl . he's in skunk heaven.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 07:06 PM   #2022  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just heard acmoore is closing their stores. Some will reopen as Michaels but we already have a Michaels close to acmoore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 07:16 PM   #2023  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder:

This week's letter is "B"

Keyword: ABC12B12, ABC12, and your personal keyword

Posting early as we are hosting turkey day and I have lots to do to get done!!

My cards are uploaded, did a gratitude box but in the form of a book box!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 07:18 AM   #2024  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good chilly morning to you! It was 33 degrees when I got up this morning. DH checked the forecast (as the snow is supposed to arrive today) and said, "Oh my word!" I asked him what and he said the snowfall forecast for today has changed again - to 11 inches! Yikes! May the forecast be wrong. Good thing today is my last day of work this week but DD1 works tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. And she doesn't have snow driving experience. It definitely feels cold enough to snow though.

DH took two trees down yesterday while the three of us were gone. I was happy to hear that my brother came over to help him and I guess one of the trees was a bit of an adventure to fell. He has another one he wants to bring down but it will be more tricky as it is leaning towards the house. I don't think that one is coming down this week.

Yesterday I was going non-stop ALL DAY LONG! Which is why I didn't pop back in here to see what everyone was up to.

Melody, if we had been keeping our previous home that we sold, we would have plumbed gas to the kitchen and gone with a gas stove. The house already had a gas hot water heater and I did have DH bring the gas just a few feet from there into the house where the washer/dryer was so we could convert to a gas dryer. It would have been a bigger job to take it over to the kitchen but, if we had been keeping the house, we would have done it.

Shirl, your comment about always having tissue with you makes me think of my mom. She always had tissue with her too - in a jacket pocket, up her sleeve, etc. I don't think she ever had it checked out about what she was allergic to, but she definitely sneezed a lot. I used to joke that was how we knew she was awake, she would sneeze about three times. I'd also joke that she was allergic to mornings!

Thanks for asking specifically about the skunk, the answer was what I thought but wasn't absolutely sure.

Tomorrow's the day your washer comes, Ann, yay! I'm sure you'll be happy to have that arrive.

Gracie, so glad your laptop finally got there! Hurray! Thank you for the love on my gallery, that was a nice surprise! Your snow globes are so cute!

Oh, Melody, the egg shell ornaments would be fabulous, I'm sure!

That is sad news about AC Moore, Kathy. We don't have any of them out here but I know you have gotten some lovely stuff from there. I'm always sorry to see fewer options for choices.

Praying that I can get back up the hill when I come home from work today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 07:40 AM   #2025  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Bad night for me! Well and Athena! She was sick to her stomach and woke me up twice to let her outside! Seems I'm the only one that hears the dogs during the night!

So late start to getting food prepared! But now turkey is in the oven on low, 22 lbs!

Making homemade applesauce today and maybe a pie or two otherwise that is for tomorrow.

Gracie those are gorgeous domes full of goodies!!

Catherine, wow you spouse is getting a lot done!

Gotta run, too much to do and no crafting today, I have to keep telling myself that! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 08:41 AM   #2026  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts
Default Hello

Hello to all,
We are leaving in a few hours to pick up my DD1 and her pup, then heading to Virginia. We will arrive tomorrow afternoon. DD2 will meet us there.
I am not sure about the kitchen in the airbnb/house we rented. We use Gas at home....we will being the meet thermometer with us so as NOT to ruin the turkey. I made a list and did some shopping so have most of what we need with us.

Shirl- Kleenex woes- yes, my mom always had kleenex tucked somewhere..... always had to check all of her pockets before laundry! I do as well, I am allergic to dust and mold.... (when it rains, the mold counts go up- always need kleenex the day after it rains!!!). and lots of outside allergies plus foods. I am not allergic to wheat, so eat breads and things that add inches to your midline : ) Alot of the salad dressings etc have soy in them, that is really bad for me! It makes it hard to eat out!

Catherine- whoh, get pictures of the snow!!! You'll have to make a snowman!

Gracie- glad laptop is finally there!

Ann- yeah for the new washer to arrive!

Kathie- glad the skunk fiasco is over! Yikes!

I had better run- waving hello to all!!!

Happy Thanksgiving preparations!!!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 09:30 AM   #2027  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, I know exactly how you feel about eating out, doesn't happen often for me! Dairy, onions, eggs and everything you can thing of outside! Do you have drug allergies too?

I'm sitting a minute before I start peeling apples!

Washer now will not come till tomorrow! Hopefully with the storms and high winds going to be around!

Safe travels Shelly!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 09:49 AM   #2028  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Morning all and happy prepping for American thanksgiving! Is that on Thursday?

Sunny and crisp here this morning. Think I will go check out the Best Creations glitter c.s. at my LSS. They are having a sale on it and today is the last day for that.

Gracie, thanks for posting the snowglobe treats. Lovely!

Shelly, I try to steer clear of dressings with soy in them too. Too much is not good for us, I think, from what I have heard. Maybe it is not true that it is bad for our thyroid?One cannot believe everything one reads on the internet.

Ann, hope you get your new washer tomorrow. I do not like the new he ones though. The kind without an agitator. The cycles are much longer and I really do not think it cleans clothes as well sometimes.

Sorry about your doggie too! Of course you hear her. You are da mom!

Catherine- snow, snow, it won't be long until it snows!

Kathy, that is too bad about AC Moore. I am not sure I have ever been to one of those stores.

Melody, how did your ornaments turn out?

Happy day to all of you!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 10:28 AM   #2029  
Proud Fan Club Member

I have pieces of tissues in the washer And dryer all the time! I forget to empty my pockets all the time. I buy puffs because they are softer and I use them a lot. Not the lotion ones though. I don't like them because sometimes I use them to clean my glasses and lotion smears them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 04:51 PM   #2030  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! I made it safely home - in the snow. Yes, the snow is already falling and sticking. DD1 was fortunate to have a test in her last class of the day so she could take it and head home so DD2 and I were the last ones home today. Unfortunately, DD1 needs to be at work at 4:00 am and I'm not sure about road conditions in the morning. We'll see how it goes.

Ann, so sorry to hear Athena was sick again last night. Of course, you are the one who hears her!

Safe travels, Shelly! Your comment "my mom always had kleenex tucked somewhere" definitely applied to my mom as well.

Ann, I hope you have one of those apple peeling tools to speed the process up for you.

Hi Shirl, yes, our Thanksgiving is on Thursday. How was that glitter card stock? Not only will it not be long before it snows, it already is and it is sticking!

So glad DH is off this week, the house was warm from the fire he built when we got home...instead of icy! Today he got some parts to take care of some issues with the van - mostly cosmetic things that he wanted to do. He really is getting a lot done this week, though he wanted to get more done! Of course, isn't that how it always goes?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #2031  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Catherine, glad you made it home safely. That's too bad your DD has to go to work at 4 am. I sure hope the roads will be plowed. Payson is suppose to get 6 to 8 inches of snow Thursday night into Friday from the storm heading here from California.

We are busy finishing landscaping our yard for proper drainage. We shoveled rock all day and tomorrow we will hopefully finish up with the rock. I'd much rather be crafting but I'm building muscle! LOL

Ann, I hope you got everything done you wanted to do today. Hopefully, Athena is feeling better today and will sleep all night tonight. I've have lactose intolerance too and lots of things bother my stomach...I never know what is going to upset it. So annoying. I hope your washer arrives with the bad weather headed your way.

Shirl, no snow in Canada, yet? Lucky you. Did you buy some glitter cs? I love sparkle!

Kathy, I hate that when I forget to check my pockets and end up with Kleenex all over the clothes in the washer and dryer.

Shelly have a safe trip and a Happy Thanksgiving!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 06:04 PM   #2032  
Proud Fan Club Member

No snow here yet. They are calling for some. DH has the plow on but not the chains so we're not quite ready but at least he is on vacation for a couple weeks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 01:13 AM   #2033  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 943 Likes on 336 Posts

Good Morning,

No snow over here.

Ann, I open your letter on Sunday Dezember 1.

Hope Athena is feeling better today.

Shelly have a safe trip.

Have a great Day and a Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 01:59 AM   #2034  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 936 Posts

Popping on quickly to say a big hello to you all and waving.

I've been in the depths of decluttering and cleaning again....I have decided that all I want for Xmas is Marie Condo (if that's her name LOL) to visit my home for a few weeks. I. am. so. over. it......for today. I cleaned 13 cupboards/drawers with 2 shelves each....it's taken me hours to take things out, re-organise, clean and I did most of them earlier in the year.

I threw out one frying pan and had 3 bowls to offer to one of the DILs and I ended up dropping 2 of them onto our tiles....splat, bang, crash, break. They are now in the bin with the frying pan. Did I mention that clumsy is my middle name LOL.

I wanted to catch up on all of the chat today but no such luck...tomorrow I may find time. If not........

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you in the States. Have a wonderful day.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 06:12 AM   #2035  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Washer is coming this afternoon! Hopefully! With the weather in the area who knows!

I'm on to the sweet potatoes and pies today and getting ready a broccoli/carrot, cauliflower bake! Everything I can get ready I want done ahead of time.

Turkey is in the crockpot, but halfway through my electric knife died! Just maddening so by hand cut the rest up!

Have a great day everyone! Crafting and commenting will have to wait till Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 07:04 AM   #2036  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL Jayne, you sound soooo like me! Of course, that's why my nickname is Gracie! I'm either tripping, falling, running into something or dropping something! Oh well, it could be worse...better to break a bowl than bones!

Ann, I see that a lot of snow has fallen back in Wisconsin! Hope your washer gets delivered.

Shoveling rock again today before the bad weather hits!

Later, have a great day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 07:10 AM   #2037  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, years ago I ordered a new bed. We went from full to queen, so I needed the frame too. The night before it was to arrive, we took the old one down and gave it away, knowing we'd only have to sleep on the hard floor one night. Through the night we got a heavy snow storm and they called to postpone delivery for a couple of days! Had to sleep on the floor more nights than I planned!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 09:32 AM   #2038  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning from snowy Northern California! Happy day before Thanksgiving! Here is a photo of our back deck this morning so you can see the snow. I should have taken it last night though, because it, thankfully, warmed up in the night so the trees aren't the pretty lacy look that they get when dusted with snow. They were last night though. DH got up with DD1 and got her down the hill of our neighborhood. He said it was a bit slushy on the lower road and he had her brake hard so she could feel what it was like but the tires didn't break loose. He had her speed up to 30 or so and do it again and the tires still didn't break loose so she felt more comfortable. He got out and walked home - at 3:30 in the morning, and had her text him when she got to work. The forecast has changed somewhat so no snow is forecast for tomorrow, then snow again on Friday, and then rain every day for the foreseeable future.

Gracie, enjoy the snow CA is sending your way! I'm just so thankful that my family that headed to Idaho for Thanksgiving were flying there instead of trying to drive. As for your rock moving work, I am sure you are building good muscles!

No snow in Germany, Dagmar?! That is surprising to me.

Jayne, good for you getting that decluttering done. Careful what you wish for though, Marie Condo or Kondo might make you part with more than you want to part with! I agree with Gracie, better to have broken bowls than broken bones!

Ann, I hope your new washer can get to you. I am like you when I host Thanksgiving or any large meal event. I want to have EVERYTHING done early that I possibly can and I have detailed lists to make it happen. The first Thanksgiving in our former house, my in-laws came for Thanksgiving and, on Thanksgiving day, we were sitting and talking and my MIL just felt strange that we weren't going crazy in the kitchen!

Sometimes it doesn't pay to plan ahead, Kathy! I'm sure you really enjoyed your new bed when it finally got through the snow and to you!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 12 Sept. 11,2019 - March 18, 2020 CHAT-unadjustednonraw_thumb_966.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 11:25 AM   #2039  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

The are here installing the new wash machine!!!!!!!! Winds are blowing like crazy here and small snow flakes are falling!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 11:27 AM   #2040  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay, Ann, glad they made it to your house!
Reply With Quote Likes