Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-12-2019, 08:58 PM   #81  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,276 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Enjoy your reading, Gracie, and get some good rest!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2019, 09:16 PM   #82  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Welcome Dagmar to the alpha thread...these ladies rock and are so welcoming. Love your work. I also love Germany.

Gracie, I hope that you don't have a sinus infection. Enjoy the wedding and keep safe on the last leg of your driving. Making flower arrangements, etc will be such fun. I also couldn't spell that word even though I took French for several years. I still can't speak French LOL.

Catherine I hope that you manage to make a card. I think Roberta must have my energy too as I feel depleted at present.

Kathy that tree is so cool and would be perfect for our golf club. I know there's a lot of balls in our lake which they are currently draining...and I'm sure they will find a few orange ones. Not to mention who they belong to LOL. I won't be making a tree...it looks tricky LOL but if you want to make one with LED lights I'd love to see it LOL.

Gracie, my friend read The Help and loved it. I still haven't seen the movie.

Got a few things on today and doubt I will get to my craft room until tomorrow. I have to make some special birthday cards so not sure when I will get to the alpha challenges but I will in time. I ordered 2 new gelli plates...the large one and a set of small ones. How many gelli plates can a girl have? It seems not enough LOL. I can't wait to try them out.

Happy Friday everyone and will catch you later.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2019, 09:47 PM   #83  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Whoa! We had some really strong storms go through. It's still rumbling out there, but not so close anymore.

I like organizing, but don't like the cleaning that usually accompanies the organizing.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2019, 10:15 PM   #84  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Too funny, Jayne. Hmm, I guess I am undersupplied with gelli plates. I have one, a 5x7 one. I look forward to seeing your creations with your new ones.

I guess I am going to go to bed early...well, early for me anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2019, 10:16 PM   #85  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Melody, I like BEING organized. Sometimes the getting there isn't so much fun for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2019, 11:16 PM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 43 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh you all gonna have chocolate pie ? Those into the movie or book of The Help? ROFLMBO!!! Pie !! Chocolate pie!!! Hahahaha I'll stick to my creamcheese pies and custard ty!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2019, 11:18 PM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

Aloha Sistahs!!! Yay glad you got To Montana safely sis enjoy the wedding!!! And safe travel to Arizona!! Makes me wanna go visit my nephew!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2019, 11:23 PM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

I guess we need the larger size too Sis Catherine!!

Hey not to change the subjects but does anyone know how I can get a hold of Tyler Perry?
I may have some new material for his movies or new episodes!! lol I been laughing so hard as well as making others laugh so hard they needed to go the the restroom !! They better start investing in adult pampers if they gonna have more days like today!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2019, 11:25 PM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

You all know what's it's like when I get started lol ....oops I guess Sis Roberta I was selfish and kept my energy today lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 03:29 AM   #90  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 458 Likes on 236 Posts

Good Friday Morning Y'all! Judy, you are a brave one to travel alone. I wish you happy trails on your way to Arizona Monday. Have a wonderful time at the wedding.

Melody, sounds like you kept safe during a strong storm. I don't like high winds accompanied by heavy rain. Makes me want to run down to the basement.

I didn't mean to steel anyone's energy yesterday, well, I guess I didn't take Victoria's energy... I slept really well last night (no surprise there)! So Victoria, you love to laugh so hard your belly aches? Oh my gosh! I could not imagine being at a retreat with you. I'm a bubbly type person who loves life, just in case anyone didn't know that about me. I smile most of the time and I'm always happy. Life is too short to stay grumpy, right!

Catherine, best wishes with your cleaning/organizing. It always feels good to have things neat and tidy and back in order.

Ann, you must be doing alright with your missing skin tags? You haven't mentioned them lately. I think every woman develops those irritating things as she ages, and they are not a pretty sight, but thanks to bras that we get them. Sigh...

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 04:15 AM   #91  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sis Vick what did you have for brekkie lol...can I have some as I need some energy lol. You are today’s energised bunny for sure.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 04:27 AM   #92  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning, all, and happy Friday!

Dagmar, welcome, welcome to the Alpha group! Another country represented, I love it.

Two nights of lightning, thunder and rain, and two nights of headaches and no sleep because of Dusty Dog being scared and constantly jumping off and on the bed and running around the house trying to hide, her toenails clicking on the floors and constantly waking me up. Makes me drag so bad during the day!

Revisit to the doctor yesterday to check on my bp (I told her last week it was from being stuck by a train and making me late for my appointment but she insisted on me coming in again anyway). Of course it was all good, no train this time, lol.

Then to the medical foundation for the yearly cholesterol and other blood tests, geez, I feel like a pin cushion now. Then to get my nails done as a treat for getting through the first two appointments!! I chose a neutral color this time. Last time I got hot pink! While the technician was doing my nails, I was looking through the other polish colors. Beautiful blues and teals, greens, lovely unusual colors. I would get them in a minute if DH weren’t so old fashioned about nail colors. Maybe one day I’ll get brave and try them anyway!

I’m not sure what’s going on here today. DH is tired and grumpy, neither of us have ambition. This super hot and humid weather has been terrible for working outside. Nicer weather ahead, though, according to the weather reports!

What’s going on for everyone today? Oh yes, I need to get onto the Alpha Post section right away before the cards stack up and get my commenting done!

Who here is a Downton Abby fan? I see a movie is being made on the series. Can someone tell me what the attraction is for this show? I have never got past the first episode!

Ok I’ll quit yakking now and go check out cards. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 04:31 AM   #93  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, my friend went to watch the Downton Abbey movie yesterday. If you saw Upstairs, downstairs it’s similar. We’ve watched a few and enjoyed it and have the dvds to watch. It’s British period drama at its best. I don’t think I would see the movie if I hadn’t seen the series. It may be hard to follow..not sure.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 04:40 AM   #94  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Kandie, I never saw an episode either but I did see they had a movie coming out. I also thought there was a movie similar to Jason Bourne called Treadstone but it turns out its a new series on TV.

Today is Walmart day, but first.....a shower! Talk to you all later. Maybe by the time I get home Jayne will have found enough golf balls to make that tree! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 04:58 AM   #95  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,982 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Good morning, early birds, Roberta & Kandie. I agree with everyone else, Roberts had my energy yesterday , too. Hi Hawaiian; did the dogs let you out? ;)
Hi, Melody, Jayne, Ann. Hi Sally, & Dagmar!
Hi Shirl! I am reading an Amish. Ok right now. It was free or something on Book us or maybe it popped up as one in my library choices when I requested another one. Never heard of this author, but still couldn’t put it down, read until 1:00 am.
I am terrible remembering everyone! Hi to allll of you!

I got my alpha card one, and Kathy, aren’t you proud of me doing the Technique tutorial?

This thread was like reading a book this morning catching up on all the chatter this morning!
Kandie, I got in late on the Downton Abbey craze. It was the last season. I think I like that period of time, was why I liked it. And I liked some of the stars and characters. Love Maggie Smith! I even liked tome of the story lines. But since it was on Sunday nights, I didn’t get into it until I realized they replayed it later at night. My mom was a big fan!

Katherine & Roberta, love that you both bake bread. Our DD bakes bread daily, and when her eldest left home he bought a bread maker! What 21 year old young man bakes bread? That just really tickled all of us!
Roberta, you will enjoy the fruit of your labor all year. It seems we use canned tomatoes products in a lot of dishes.

Gracie, so happy you have arrived safe in Montana. How brave you are to do all this driving by yourself. I used to do a five hour drive regularly on business trips, and later about the same to my parents on a regular basis, and I was proud of my self for doing that much! LOL. Enjoy the wedding!

Oh, and Kandie, last week I got blue nails! LOL. DH never looks . I have to point them out to him! I just do them for myself. Rarely does anyone else notice them. Have a great day!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 12 Sept. 11,2019 - March 18, 2020 CHAT-b53b8703-ab36-4f3b-86ca-75df2150ab3f.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 05:17 AM   #96  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well yesterday I didn't need to read a book but I probably could write one and one that's made for Tyler Perry!!!
Here are some of the episodes that could be called...
Haole Madea goes back to jail
Haole Madea's son To the rescue on his Honda
Haole Madea's Husband goes to jail
Lmbo!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 05:28 AM   #97  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Morning!!

Storms were bad last night and sure rocked our house!! Loud crashes for about an hour straight!!

The flat skin tags are itching like crazy as they are healing!! They all turned black and look horrible! I will have a recheck at the end of next month due to a few of them being pretty big. But it is not age that we get them from, the dermatologist said it is hereditary.

Gracie, so glad you made it to Montana!! I am not the type of person that could drive alone for that long, I think I would get lost plus need too many bathroom breaks.
Have fun at the wedding, you will be a great help to your friend making all those boutonnieres!

Kandie, I think this weather does not help our attitudes, its deary outside!!

Hi Catherine, enjoy your day off!! Hope you get to make a card.

Hello to everyone else this morning!!

Sharon, I like your nails!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 05:40 AM   #98  
Stazon Splitcoast

Let's take a poll of what you would do.....

You just got read your second sentence and it's 5 years which 6months to be served and while in there have treatment and continue treatment and serve the rest on probation and not get in Any trouble?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 05:45 AM   #99  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 944 Likes on 336 Posts

Hi, everyone
thank you for the warm welcome to the group.

I live in the State Hessen, one of the big Capitals is Frankfurt, where the Stock exchange is located and a big airport. I don't live there, I live in the country, about 150 km away from Frankfurt.

I'm a Downtown Abby Fan, but I can only watch it on Pay-TV.

Today I went Groccery shopping, and a few other things.Right now I'm drinking a cup of Coffee and then I have to do some work in my Garden.

Have a beautiful Day everyone.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 05:45 AM   #100  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawaiianView Post
Well yesterday I didn't need to read a book but I probably could write one and one that's made for Tyler Perry!!!
Here are some of the episodes that could be called...
Haole Madea goes back to jail
Haole Madea's son To the rescue on his Honda
Haole Madea's Husband goes to jail
Lmbo!!

Is Tyler Perry a comedian? Never heard of him. I take it there was a lot of drama your way?

I’m not searching for golf balls..orange ones or otherwise lol:rolleyes:
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 05:48 AM   #101  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, you certainly deserved a special treat after putting up with all those skin pokes and jabs! Gosh, hopefully you won't need to keep running to the doctors in the near future.

Yay, Ann, you are getting itchy now, which is a definite sign of the healing process. I can believe those tags are hereditary, but why are there so many along the bra line? I don't have them anywhere else. My parents have lots of them, especially on their backs. Ok, enough on that subject.

Victoria, you should enter those ideas for a new movie.

Sharon, love my home made bread, and it's So Easy to make too! Plus it smells up the whole house with its wonderful aroma! DH said he could smell it before entering the house, and everything was closed up since the AC was on! If anyone wants the recipe, just say the word.
I love your dark blue nails, Sharon! So pretty~

I need to go workout to Sweating in the Spirit with Donna Richardson this morning.

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 05:51 AM   #102  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Dagmar thanks for the video. Looks beautiful and gorgeous architecture. We did a river cruise a few years ago from Amsterdam to Budapest and I think we went through Frankfurt. We stopped off at a lot of German towns..was an amazing trip. We also spent a week in Berlin and plan to go back..loved it all. Happy day
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 05:55 AM   #103  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

We used to bake our own bread and then got lazy. It seems to be easier and cheaper now to just go and get fresh bread at the bakery, plus hubby is the only one who eats it regularly.

Sharon great nails...I must do mine. Another thing I’ve become lazy about...that and eye brow tint....maybe now spring is here I will get in the mood.

Sis Vicki....what’s my treatment for?

Enjoy everyone
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 05:58 AM   #104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you for the video, Dagmar. What a beautiful city! Thank you for sharing. We have a Busch Gardens The Old Country in Williamsburg, Virginia and another in Florida. There are several countries represented and one of them is Germany. I could see a great resemblance in the video, so they did Germany well. Busch Gardens is a park with lots of fantastic rides, shows and street entertainment. Food galore too.

― Lou Holtz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 06:09 AM   #105  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Wow! So much to read today!

Melody and Ann, glad you survived the bad storms!

Pretty nails Sharon, love the blue.

Frankfort looks like a great place to visit Dagmar.

Catherine, I had a rough night...definitely sinus infection. Woke up with bad headache. Such bad timing to be sick. Oh well, I'll just have to "suck it up" as my DH always says! He's a tough old bird. LOL

Roberta, that homemade bread sounds wonderful. The kitchen is not my friend...I try to stay out of it! LOL

Jayne, awwww, no golf ball tree, well...maybe you could roll them around on your gelli plate! I'll bet you could get some good texture!

Sis, sound like you've been up to no good! LOL Having fun which is wonderful! Yay!

Kandie, hope you are done doctoring for awhile! That is not fun!

Well, I'd better get going...I need to eat something so I can take some meds for this nasty headache. Lots to do today! HUGS dear friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 06:20 AM   #106  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hope you nip that sinus infection in the bud Gracie..no fun. Take care.

I like the idea of using my gelli plate and a golf ball LOL...you know I like texture lol. I bought The 12x12 for my LOs and the small ones for tags...it’s like having too many Misti’s lol....but I end up using only one. Oh well. I keep the craft shops in business. I also won’t have to share mine with the poppets now..they can have their own...lol.

Hugs
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 09-13-2019 at 06:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 06:37 AM   #107  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Thanks Jayne! Can't wait to see the fabulous creations you come up with! No golf ball throwing though...TP is ok! LOL I'm sure Sis would agree.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 06:42 AM   #108  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning.

Power went off once (actually twice) around 1:30 a.m. enough that clocks and computers all needed to be 'rejuvinated'. I reset my alarm clock and turned my computer back on, but all the tabs were in hold mode, so I went to bed. This morning they are all back on.

My DD watched Downton Abby. I probably would like it, since I love regency romance novels, but I'm so not a TV watcher, so never watched even one episode.

The F4A499 sounds like a fun challenge, so I think I'll work on that today.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 08:32 AM   #109  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

I'm with you Melody, not a tv watcher! So I've never seen Downtown Abby either.

Roberta, would love the recipe for your homemade bread!! So nice of you to share!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 08:56 AM   #110  
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! I go away for two hours and come back to a large day of catch up on the thread! Boohoo....no golf ball tree but I do like the gelli plate idea! Tablet wrote Nellie plate and bellie plate!

I have one more quick trip uptown and then I can get these shoes off!

While I was out I asked the Lord to male me a blessing, but he blessed me instead! Everything went my way, from parking to shopping! Then I decided to pay for the order behind me in the drive thru at Dunkin donuts and hope I blessed her!

I think I chipped a tooth so when I go for a cleaning Thursday, I will probably be setting up an appt for more than just the two crowns I was planning on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 09:21 AM   #111  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I have had a lovely day so far, too!

My media player in my car was acting up, and it isn’t a year old! I have been in twice and the salesman thought he fixed it for me. I had pushed too many buttons trying to fix it. Anyway it still was stuck on one song on my music on my USB . Flash drive. Then, I pushed list, and it just went thru the list and wouldn’t play at all! I am so electronically challenged I had it all messed up. Anyway, the salesman ,so nice and patient, says I should just get a cell phone, then all I have to do is plug it in and listen to my music. . Not going to happen! I have a Walmart flip phone for emergencies and that is all I need! So we went to service department , and another guy come out an messed with it. They decided it was my USB, but it has worked all this time, so I asked them to try it in another car? They did and it worked fine. So they kept messing with it and pushing buttons, and fixed it, but they don’t have any clue what they did! LOL. I am just saying thank you Lord! I was so afraid I had messed it up for good!
Then, I drove out to a Cropaganza at a Best Western to see what all the Hullabaloo was about! It did look fun, but I wouldn’t want to pay as much as they had to pay. I will stick to my scrap retreat weekends! I did have a good time talking with people I know and looking at their projects and of course getting enabled for new things!

Anyway good day and it is only noon! And I think my DH is taking me out to eat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 09:23 AM   #112  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, I forgot the reason I got on here in the first place. Remember, Melody’s TP Challenge was originally to make a card using it, but also to mail it to a Alpha sister? My Free Hugs is now on the way to an Alpha sister!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 09:29 AM   #113  
Stazon Splitcoast

The pled was insanity is the reason you slapped your x hubby's fiancé face ,and trespassing. The was the original charges to begin with . Lol
So you were just sentenced to leave both of them alone and go.back home to California to your husband and seek treatment .

The very next day you call up the X and wanna speak with him before you have to go. He says no we have nothing to talk about and doesn't want you to bother him .you snap crying screaming you want him and slightly cut your wrist all in front of your 3 yo grandson leaving him traumatized at your son apt. So. Takes you to the hospital . And other son take a vacation and book you a flight to go home once you were treated after your 3 day stay in the hospital. While there the psychologist asks so s what's going all because all she does is cry for so and so . Which would be the X . Keep In mind your married to someone else lol. So the psychologist tells the boys see if their dad would come help her to get over him ...ROFLMBO. I always knew we called them dr quacks but serious this psycho Dr needs his own psychologist daring to ask that lol .so of course X tells the son's Hell No!! So that weekend comes he rents a cottage for he and fiancé to allow his son's pregnant gf and 2 grandsons to stay at his place away from the you. So she is left at the son's house and the other son has to go there babysit her till Monday when she suppose to leave to go back to California. When at the cabin x gets a call you called a lift ( like uber) to take you to x's house which by law you have already been banned from trespassing his home and property. You go there screaming and yelling for him ! Enter the home since your son and his gf and boys are there screaming and yelling for the X . Pounding his bedroom door to come out you know he in there ROFLMBO all the while the bedroom door is clearly pad locked from the outside where your pounding insisting the x and fiancé is in there lol. Then runs outside and start pounding on his car which is parked outside because he and his fiancé took her car to the cabin. Son calls dad and they come rushing home and of course he tells his fiancé to stay in the car . And he confront you and you realize his fiancé is in the car and you start for her so your son grabs you and x grabs fiancé who now rushing to attack too lol of corse again you claim your having a breakdown And so they had to take her to the hospital instead of jail. But already your in contempt of court wether you go to the hospital or not. And of course more charges are filed against you...trespassing again , assault again, and property damages now too. So yes once you get released from the hospital you are due in court for the new charges.... well Tuesday was your hearing and upon entering the court room you attacked your x from the back and start hitting him in the back of the head lol .....so court was cancelled you were take. Back to the hospital to return Wednesday for sentencing. And that's where you get the 5 years ...to serve 6 months with treatment while there and out for good behavior to serve the remaining 5 hrs on probabtion....

Ok sis jayne dies that answer your what did you do? Lom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #114  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning everyone! It is warming up here again but I enjoyed the fall like weather while it lasted. Right now the forecast is for rain on Monday. We'll see if that actually happens. If it does, this will be a short heat up thankfully.

Before 10 am (remember, I'm not a morning person so I don't get an early start) I had already dusted and vacuumed which means I stopped for breakfast and to see what was happening here. Goodness, what a LOT of chatter! After being so quiet yesterday.

Vickster, you are on a roll! Goodness, such energy. No, I don't think I need the larger gelli plate and I have no place to put it. And yes, I've heard of Tyler Perry but haven't really watched any of his stuff.

Oh Kandie, I hope you are soon able to quit giving the doctors so much business. Sorry you've been having such big storms. Poor Dusty and her poor humans!

As for Downton Abbey, the girls and I are big fans. We have the DVDs so we can watch when we want to. Sometimes it was hard to understand the accents (there were a variety just like there are a variety in the US) but the show was fun to watch and so well done. Maggie Smith was a hoot!

I agree, Jayne, I wouldn't see the movie without watching the series though they'll probably do a fairly good job of keeping it understandable if you haven't seen the series...maybe?

Sharon, lovely nails! Do you get daily emails from BookBub? I do and sometimes what they highlight in there can be acquired for free, maybe that is where you got the Amish book?

DH and I wore out two bread machines so decided to return to the old-fashioned way of making it. We both grew up in bread making households. Nothing in the store is as good as home made bread, in my opinion.

Wow, Ann, the storm shook your house? Yikes! Glad you are safe. I'm off to a good start with the house chores so I might get to make a card. We'll see.

Dagmar, what a lovely video. Germany is so beautiful. I don't think we got to Frankfurt when we visited, obviously we need to go back.

Roberta, yes, I love the way baking bread makes the house smell. I should probably make some today so I can take a fresh loaf down the hill to a beloved teacher at the school who, unfortunately, is on medical leave. He is the one I asked you all to pray for, Max. It would be lovely to take him a fresh out of the oven loaf.

I don't actually make whole wheat, it is a blend of whole wheat and white but I would be interested in your recipe.

Jayne, that river cruise sounds fabulous!

Gracie, so sorry you had a difficult night. It is the pits to be sick and traveling alone too. After my dad died, mom did the drive from their small home in northeastern Oregon down to the Palm Springs area in southern California by herself several years before she sold the place in southern California. She would go from her home to Portland and stay with my brother who used to live there. Then from there she would come down to the Sacramento area where my other brother and I were. And then the last leg to southern California. She didn't really like doing it by herself and didn't really like to drive either. One time she was bringing a present she bought for one of my girls (they were little then). It was a toy that DD2 could push and walk behind and it would make noise. Well, in her car, it shifted and started making the noise and mom was startled! Oh, and she could easily get lost too. We are thankful she made it safely each time she did it.

Hi Melody! I'll have to go check that challenge out.

Kathy, I think you are always a blessing!

Sharon, glad they could fix your media player even if they don't know how they fixed it!

Wow, this has turned into quite a book replying to the chatter. Now to go eat breakfast.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 11:35 AM   #115  
Proud Fan Club Member

This will teach me to not stay away so long. I got lost reading Victoria's story! Is it a book she's reading, true life, or a TV show? I'm lost! Help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 11:38 AM   #116  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm with you, Kathy. I have no idea where she's going with that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's true life!!! And there is still part 3 another long episode...trust me it's made for lifetime true story and new ideas and episodes for Tyler Perry!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 12:04 PM   #118  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawaiianView Post
It's true life!!! And there is still part 3 another long episode...trust me it's made for lifetime true story and new ideas and episodes for Tyler Perry!!
Sounds like a soap opera, Vickie! And these are "The Days of our Lives"!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 12:07 PM   #119  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Way too much drama for me! The biggest reason I don't watch TV - too much drama.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #120  
Stazon Splitcoast

Isn't lifetime and Tyler Perry soap operas as well? Drama drama drama ...lol no it's "As The World Turns" because there is nothing young and the restless or bold and Beautiful!!
With so much hospital visits it could be "General Hospital" !! ROFLMBO!!
Reply With Quote Likes