Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-21-2020, 04:58 PM   #4481  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

found on facebook.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 12 Sept. 11,2019 - March 18, 2020 CHAT-grow-tp.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2020, 05:07 PM   #4482  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Melody, that is just so sad as there has not been any tp in stores for awhile now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2020, 07:43 PM   #4483  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,276 Likes on 1,361 Posts

I just finished my very wild O card, it is bright and crazy. I'll upload it tomorrow. I think that is the last card that I hadn't yet done for this round, so I think I did them all!

Keeping secrets from us, hmmm, Ann?! Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the next round. Thank you so much for all you do for this challenge.

Now I need to get caught up on comments...again. That should include your layout, Sharon.

Melody, I have seen the toilet core funny too. It made me chuckle. Since our governor created a second round of panic buying, we may have to use that stinky tp we have in the garage...and are thankful to have it.

Ann, tp has probably been in your stores but it is bought out as soon as it comes in, I think. At least that is what happened at Sam's Club on Thursday. I just missed it, literally, as I saw it in people's carts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2020, 08:21 PM   #4484  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

DH was in one of the stores the other day early. He talked to some of the employees and was told they stock first thing in the morning and by noon, everything is gone. He wanted eggs or something and there weren't any in the cooler, but he asked and the guy brought out some. They just hadn't made it to the shelf yet. So I guess if you are really desperate for normal stuff, go early for the best (or only) selection.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2020, 11:21 PM   #4485  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Waving hello to all!

We have our daughter here and she is teaching online- she got a big kick out of the homeschooling, kids expelled for fighting and teacher drinking : ) She has her pup here, so we were out today- also social distancing- once to visit with neighbors who also have a dog- pups played and we visited..... and then we took a nice walk around the block ~v 1 mile. I think 10,000 step goal is hard, my daughter gets 20,000 a day! Yikes!!!

I can almost smell the bread you are all baking! I gave my bread maker away a few years ago.... We do not eat so much bread and just eat it all up when I make it! I gain weight... Hubby never gains a pound : ) I did make him a loaf of Banana bread yesterday. It is delicious!

We have snow in our forecast for tomorrow night! Yes, I think it just a dusting, but snow is snow!

I am up late, neck is a bit better, but still stiff. B/P up from pain (I hope) is a bit better too.

My family is really texting like crazy, I had 28 messages when I got up today- there are 7 of us.... one of my cousins in Iowa has COvid-19..... she has a bus company and just lead a tour in Egypt. She is on home quarenteen so far, one of the other gentleman on the trip in in the ICU on a vent.....

I will head over to check out the VSN- we should all be joining in the challenges- we are, like Catherine in Ca, on Shelter in Place in Illinois. We ordered food from Instacart yesterday for the first time ever. Pretty nice!

Have a great Sunday- hope to get to the post thread and catch up tomorrow!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 04:16 AM   #4486  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Ladies, someone is going to have to help me out a bit. I see the sneak peek page but have no idea how to access the sneak peek itself. I don’t see a sub-category. What is the secret?

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 04:44 AM   #4487  
Proud Fan Club Member

How is everyone this morning?

The President was on tv verifying the Stafford Act is so far only in a few states. I hope my children saw it.

Well, home seclusion does ask the question: what can we do today? So we looked around and said, oh gosh, we see a multitude of house things that need to be done, what to do? So I touched up paint on the living room walls yesterday, and DH hid out in the garage and worked on one of his repurpose projects, lol. Then this morning he said, shoot, I have three basement windows I need to replace! The sad truth is setting in... we just might have to get chores done!

Ann, will your hubby work on house projects?

Kenny Rogers passed away yesterday. Another icon gone.

We are supposed to see snow tonight, and then rain most of the week, but at least it should be in the 50s.

My brain is empty of things to write this morning. I must need some more coffee.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 07:00 AM   #4488  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Amazon fresh is still delivering with limited items but I'm still able to get some things. Actually got bread this morning and fresh tomatoes and bananas!

Will he do projects on the house you ask, Kandie, he had better! I told him do at least one project a week or even two but not to sit on his butt too much! We will see! I'll need to stay with him on projects, he is not a work alone type of person.

He retires officially May 1, so a few weeks left to work from home. Which is good, he is not used to being in the house all the time, I think it will get to him.

I'm tired already, wash is going, doing some rugs from the dogs. Son number five lifted them upstairs into the shower and cleaned both of them up and washed their beds too. They are getting old and can not do stairs and have accidents. They will be 11 this August. But they are doing well considering they both have torn ACL's and have healed enough to walk.

More time someone said, I feel like I have less time! Bigger meals I think and no take out to get any night off. But we are lucky we have supplies and each other for company, and of course all of you, my dear Alpha friends! Virtual hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 07:37 AM   #4489  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Good morning!

Catherine, can't wait to see your wild O card!

Kandie, you can see sneak peaks here: Forums at Splitcoaststampers . It's under the second from the top Forum section "Virtual Stamp Night Sneak Peeks"

Ann, so glad that your son can help with the dogs. That's a lot of work! I'll have to remember Amazon fresh, but so far, in our little town supplies are still available at the stores. People seem to be staying home unless they need something.

Shelly, sorry to hear about your neck. I've neck problems since the 70's when I was in a bad accident. Not fun. I forget to do my neck exercises until it's already sore. Duh!

Have a great day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 07:38 AM   #4490  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

The four wheelers are back. At least they can have a little fresh air and fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 07:44 AM   #4491  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie - sneak peeks. Here are links.

I don't think anyone who is not a fan club member will be able to access (xxx - crossing fingers).

MAR20VSNK Old Timey Flowers ~Sat, March 28, 2020 @ 3pm EST by sunstamper at Splitcoaststampers

MAR20VSNA Word Play - FLORA ~ Friday, March 27, 2020 @ 4 pm EST by lacyquilter at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 07:47 AM   #4492  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That's my understanding too, Melody, I've you are not a fan club member you can not see the peeks!!

Hi Melody, how is it in your neck of the woods! No sun over here and calm but cold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 07:49 AM   #4493  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

No lunch with the kids today, so DH is grilling steak.

I am addressing cards to send out. Since they are now mostly organized, I decided I need to get some in the mail. I've also heard of people sending out cards for their own birthdays (as many cards as they are old), so that is my goal. Birthday not until May, but I need to send out LOTS of cards. LOL I think I have enough stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 07:54 AM   #4494  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Way to go Melody, I think people now will so appreciate a card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 07:58 AM   #4495  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Our water softener more or less died a couple of days ago, so that replacing that is now on the agenda. DH contacted the guy who replaced our AC last summer & he said he can do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 08:00 AM   #4496  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello Melody, that's a cool idea about sending out cards for your birthday...that'd be a lot of stamps for me, too! I always love organizing!

Sorry to hear about your water softener. It's always something!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 10:32 AM   #4497  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I posted my wild O card - named it Feelin' Groovy. Today is our 33rd wedding anniversary...we would normally go out for dinner but that isn't possible now with the statewide mandated shutdown. Right now DH is in the kitchen working on making cinnamon rolls. Yum! It is wonderful that he knows how to make bread, I'll have to help with the insides when it is time to put down the butter/sugar/cinnamon etc before rolling them up. I used white bread dough for my cinnamon rolls, just increase the sugar a bit to make it a little sweet.

Shelly, my oldest said with all these people homeschooling now, the kids need to be prepared to see their teacher kiss their principal. I always told the girls that their dad was our principal, lol.

Kandie, your post about getting home chores done made me laugh and I read it to DH. I think today he is going to finally fix Wesley's scratching post. That chore has been waiting for a while and Wesley needs it! Of course, during the week, he is still working from home, which I will be doing tomorrow too.

I was sad to see the news about Kenny Rogers. I had a distant cousin who looked a lot like him (before the plastic surgery that is). I really enjoyed Kenny's music.

Gracie, glad the people in your town are being good about buying supplies and not crazy hoarding!

Melody, I'm pretty sure if they aren't fan club members, they'll get a response saying they have clicked on a page that they aren't authorized to see. I get that message sometimes when clicking on a sample for a challenge because they haven't gotten it moved/released to the public or something.

What a great idea to send out lots of cards, Melody, I agree with Ann, I'm sure people will really appreciate a hand made card especially right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 12:24 PM   #4498  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Anniversary Catherine! Yummy...cinnamon rolls! I'm going to go check out your Feelin' Groovy "O" card now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 12:55 PM   #4499  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you, Gracie! Here is a funny about our cinnamon rolls this morning, I usually make them and told DH I use white bread dough but with extra sugar for a bit more sweetness. What I didn't tell him was I only make enough dough for one loaf of bread so we had two pans of cinnamon rolls!

Don't tell DD2, but we made them vegan so everyone could eat them. I don't think she noticed, at least she didn't say anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 01:40 PM   #4500  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Hi everyone! A lot of chatter. I did a long post earlier but lost it, and it was on my laptop! I don’t know what I did.
Anyway , DH and I watched our Pastor’s sermon online this morning, then I watched our DD’s church online. Then .dH and I cleaned some of our clothing drawers out and filled several bags for Goodwill.

I counted that I have 8 cards to do for The Alpha Challenge. So, I will try to incorporate with the V.sn challenges. I did one this afternoon for P for VSN Mini Petals of white challenge.

I have to tell you, our son got off the At at the 500 miles mark and rented a car to go home. I think he quit in Tennessee. Because so many hostels and suppliers were closed. He thinks they are even closing the trail. Anyway, the rental place had only four cars left, because ten hikes had already got off and rented cars. It is the only way anyone can get anywhere right now. No traffic after Virginia. Six cars between Portland Maine and where he lives an hour and a half from there. Very eerie! He decided because of the traffic he would just drive straight through from Tennessee to Maine. What a deal. He was afraid if he waited any longer he couldn’t get home. The rental car was only 100.00 good till Tuesday and the gas was cheap!

Happy 33rd anniversary , Catherine! Yum cinnamon rolls.
Melody , so sorry about your water softener! What a time to go out. Nice your husband knew who to call.
Shelly, I hope your neck pain and blood pressure gets better.
I will quit now, because I am afraid I will loose it again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 04:34 PM   #4501  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Can't remember if I wished you a happy anniversary, Catherine! So Happy Anniversary!

Cinnamon rolls sound yummy! You must have been able to get flour at the store!

Hi Sharon! 8 cards left, so not bad after all you have been through! Cheering you on, go for it, you have a week till the new round!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 04:52 PM   #4502  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, I am a proud fan club member but I keep getting the message that I don’t have access to that area. Can someone tell me the supplies needed, please?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 04:58 PM   #4503  
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Anniversary, Catherine and Hubby!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 05:01 PM   #4504  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Well, I am a proud fan club member but I keep getting the message that I don’t have access to that area. Can someone tell me the supplies needed, please?

From Kim (berlycece)
Here are some special items which you may need to purchase or borrow for the Spring VSN.
Items may be added as hostesses finalize their plans, so check in periodically.
Please note, we do not list stamp images, because that would be a long list! But hey, with a theme like Florapooza, you may have some idea!

In no particular order:

White craft ink
Acetate
White or pale color tissue paper
Clear embossing powder or glossy accents
Navy or black card stock
light weight paper
white embossing powder
pastels (optional but helpful)
Water mister bottle
Fine tip marker
Watercolor paper, brushes or aqua brush
Light weight paper (e.g. copy paper of any color)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 05:02 PM   #4505  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

That's frustrating for you Kandie. Let me know if you need more info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 05:11 PM   #4506  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

White craft ink
Acetate
White or pale color tissue paper
Clear embossing powder or glossy accents
Navy or black card stock
light weight paper
white embossing powder
pastels (optional but helpful)
Water mister bottle

Fine tip marker
Watercolor paper, brushes or aqua brush
Light weight paper (e.g. copy paper of any color)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 05:11 PM   #4507  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Well a double list is better then no list! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 05:31 PM   #4508  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, did you make sure you are logged in? I know, dumb question, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 05:35 PM   #4509  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I made a batch of cherry muffins yesterday, yummy.

Today I did one load of laundry.

Today I get a text from DH saying there's no room in the dish drainer. I just glanced at it and thought it said dish washer. So I go to check the dishwasher and start a load, and I'm like... what, there's a ton of room in here. Checked the text again. oops!

See, Ann, even though he can cook, he can't figure out where to put some of the clean dishes or run the dishwasher. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #4510  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you, Melody for the laugh!! It's sad isn't it.

Just said to my spouse watch where you are placing the bag of recyclables! He took it out of the container and down on the floor since it wasn't full. BUT...it fell over and completely covered the heating vent! I think he left his brain at work again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #4511  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh Melody, I forgot to say that IF my spouse does empty the dishwasher the counter is always full of clean dishes due to him not knowing where they belong!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 05:41 PM   #4512  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, forgot to ask you if your Goodwill stores were still open in your state? They are closing all of them here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 05:59 PM   #4513  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!

I'm tired and have a headache, must be from the rain/snow coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 06:02 PM   #4514  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodnight Ann! I hope you wake up feeling better and, nooooo snow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 06:06 PM   #4515  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

DH does usually empty the dishwasher. If there is something he doesn't know where it belongs, he puts it in the dish drainer. Most of the time our system works OK, but you'd think if he knows where to find something to use, he'd also know where to put it back. Oh, well...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #4516  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody and Ann, my hubby's pretty good about loading and unloading the dishwasher. He'd rather I stay out of the kitchen which he's claimed as his domain! OK by me! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 08:18 PM   #4517  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gracie, your DH sounds like my dad. In my childhood home, Mom didn't know where things were or where they belonged. The kitchen was dad's domain except mom made the bread. However, dad would set everything out for her so she could make the bread!

I wonder why you are getting that message, Kandie. Hmmm, you certainly shouldn't be!

Thanks, Sharon, Ann & Kandie, it was a very quiet anniversary since we are stuck at home. I thought of a restaurant where it would have been nice to pick up food and bring home (no dining in), but they were closed. I played at my craft desk and DH worked on fixing Wesley's scratching post. We did watch an Amazon Prime movie, Mrs. Pollifax, Spy, based on the ever so amusing mysteries by Dorothy Gilman.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 10:09 PM   #4518  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I'm glad you were able to get some crafting in today. Me too. A quiet anniversary at home watching a movie sounds good to me!

When I was a single mom of 3, I cooked and baked all the time. It is so nice now to have a hubby who took over this job when he retired! I really appreciate it...more time to craft!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 10:18 PM   #4519  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

We got some snow tonight. The pavement looks clear, but the grassy areas are white. Prediction was less than an inch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 10:58 PM   #4520  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Happy anniversary to Catherine and hubby.

So much chatter and now I’ve forgotten what was said.

Enjoyed the funnies ladies...thank you.

All our pubs, clubs, gyms, churches, restaurants, cafes and licences premises including our golf clubhouse closed from noon today. Not sure what son3 will do now and trying to find out if he’s lost his job. schools still open but DIL2s school closed from today as a parent tested positive.

I did our weekly shop and people still aren’t practicing social distancing. I took my wipes I use in my craft room but I managed to buy one pack so I’ll be right. Loo roll comes in tonight apparently. I won’t be going to get some. We can manage until next week. At least some panic buying has slowed down. Still no meat other than at the butchers now and not much chicken. Plenty of fish so guess what we are having for dinner this week lol.

DIL1 managed to get me a jigsaw puzzle but I don’t have time to fit it in right now. We woke up today and said how can it be Monday again and I still have a list of things I would like to do.

Oh and I did pop into our craft store...only me in there and the owner and she was wiping everything down. She told me that they’ve been busy.....I bet. I got my pack of white paper and a few other goodies lol...as you do.

Happy day everyone. Keep safe and well everyone. Hugs
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes