Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2019, 07:50 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by papercrafter40View Post
I only ever use Strathmore Bristol paper. I use the smooth surface for water-based markers & ink blending, & the vellum surface for colored pencils. I have found not all brands of bristol papers are alike. The Strathmore is available at stores like Michael's & Hobby Lobby--think coupons! :mrgreen: Hope this helps!

I also use Strathmore. When I first started drawing and painting in college, they always suggested buying Strathmore so I got into the habit. Also, as you say, it's widely available so I can get it on sale!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2019, 04:18 AM   #42  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Strathmore does not like me - their watercolor paper too. When not using Arches (expensive), Canson is my go-to - whiter and for easier for me to use. In an on-line watercolor class, suddenly I couldn’t do the assignment that built on the previous ones. I had inadvertently grabbed Strathmore. Then a student who was struggling from the beginning mentioned she was using it, and when she switched she was fine.

I’m not saying Strathmore isn’t good - just that paper makes a huge difference, both quality and individual experience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2019, 09:46 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Strathmore does not like me - their watercolor paper too. When not using Arches (expensive), Canson is my go-to - whiter and for easier for me to use. In an on-line watercolor class, suddenly I couldn’t do the assignment that built on the previous ones. I had inadvertently grabbed Strathmore. Then a student who was struggling from the beginning mentioned she was using it, and when she switched she was fine.

I’m not saying Strathmore isn’t good - just that paper makes a huge difference, both quality and individual experience.

I use both Strathmore and Canson. When I first tried watercoloring, I grabbed a watercolor pad that was way too textured and rough and I thought that my technique was the problem. Turned out that I had picked up rough textured paper, argh! I used Strathmore for pencil drawing, and Canson for watercolor.

Now I've been experimenting with paper for alcohol markers and dye marker coloring...a whole new set of confusing info! The Copic papers are too pricey for me so I'm looking at less expensive alternatives.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2021, 01:37 PM   #44  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am using Neenah Classic Cres, I am pretty good with it.
Reply With Quote Likes