Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2019, 10:23 PM   #1481  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,065 Likes on 820 Posts

Today's F4A from Shirley is horsing around...real horses or people "horsing around".

F4A478 04/18/19 Horsing Around - Splitcoaststampers

Polly's MIX asks us to apply watercolour mediums with a stencil...and I guess we have to use an extra medium too.

MIX325: Watercolor Whimsy (4/19/2019) - Splitcoaststampers

Looking forward to having some fun with this. No work here today, but first of all we need to go to the camping store and buy new chairs for our summer holidays.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2019, 12:48 PM   #1482  

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

Sabrina, I like your Snoopy Easter Avatar!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 06:12 AM   #1483  

Happy Easter Weekend to you all!

Stacy is our hostess for the IC this weekend and she has chosen a gorgeous photographer's site for us.

I stenciled a bright sunshine for my card today. I have heard it's supposed to be nice for Easter but we had a wicked storm come through early Friday morning and it has left us cold and gloomy today.

My question today...what are you Easter plans?

I guess we are going to see my son. My daughter told me yesterday that she really likes his church and wants to spend the day with him! Sadly my husband is working so once again our "den" (see my IC card for today) won't be complete but at least the kids will be together and I get to tag along!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 06:44 AM   #1484  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,926 Likes on 2,193 Posts

DS was invited to dinner at his fishing buddies house and then they will join DH at the cabin to target shoot. DH and I plan to go to Sunday school, but I think I'm making a pot of ham and green beans for our meal. I may end up alone for the afternoon, but that gives me to e to craft! Other DS and DIL didn't mention anything, so I assume they may go to her dads for the day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 06:57 AM   #1485  

Received 670 Likes on 378 Posts

Angie, I like your "den" card today so much. I was glad to make a Northern Lights card for Stacy's challenge...something I have intended to do for a long time.
As for Easter plans, hubby is in our Passion Play Sunday night so we can't go out of town or state to visit our sons. Saw our out of state son recently and will see our out of town son today. We will go to church tomorrow morning. It will be 77 degrees here tomorrow. We had the same storm come through as you, Angie, and that made us low 60's today...brrr. I hate cold weather. We have a promise of mostly sun and 80's next week so that makes me very happy.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 04:33 PM   #1486  

Brenda, can you believe it was 41 here this morning? I think it only got up to 50. Very strange for us this time of year. It rained almost all day. The birds were dripping wet and very active at the feeders today. We even had a blue bird visit! I was ecstatic! At one point we had Red House Finches, Bright yellow finches, a blue bird, and several cardinals all at the same time! I was in awe of the brilliant colors! Poor little hummingbirds were back too. I think they like it warmer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 06:08 PM   #1487  

Yes, Angie, I believe those temps. It was in the 40's here early this morning, too. Yuck! We feed those pretty yellow finches and I have been seeing an Eastern Bluebird in my back yard. But, they won't stay because it is too wooded. They are my favorite bird.
Hope everyone has a most wonderful Eastern.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #1488  

I don't see the bluebirds often either for the same reason. We have too many trees.

The Featured Stamper is up. We are celebrating Catherine this week! I love Catherine's avatar. Her happiness is infectious!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2019, 03:23 AM   #1489  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 367 Likes on 269 Posts

Just checking in....we had an amazing Saturday....it got up to the mid 70s...very welcome after our frigid winter with all the snow. I sat outside on my patio and read....felt so good to have the sun on my face :p The birds have been tweeting a lot...they're very happy, too.

I'm going to brunch at my sister's....I made 2 quiches yesterday for that. Might do some stamping today although I really need to straighten up and put things away after VSN....it's still a disaster area in my room.

Happy Easter to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2019, 04:59 AM   #1490  

Yay! Polly! I am so happy you had sunshine! Yes, our birds seem to be very happy it's spring!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2019, 05:00 AM   #1491  

Happy Easter Every one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2019, 02:08 PM   #1492  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

So OT! But someone emailed me about a couple of posts about bluebirds, so I'm hopping over here (Easter reference, ha) even though I've been the worst person on earth in terms of doing (aka not doing) challenges. But some day!

We also live on a wooded lot but get lots of bluebirds in the winter and early spring when there's aren't enough bugs to eat. So do neighbors.

Like a few other species, bluebirds cannot open seeds with their beaks, but especially when there aren't any bugs and they're hungry, they'll visit feeders in hopes of a meal.

They will eat sunflower chips (shelled sunflower seeds) and adore meal worms. We buy sunflower seeds with chili pepper powder mixed in (Hot Meats) so squirrels leave them alone (but we do leave peanuts out for them, I confess). Or you can get a product to mix into the sunflower seeds.

And we have bluebird *cage feeders* that we put dried meal worms in. We used to serve our blue little pals canned ones but it's extremely expensive, and they seem to love the dried - as do other little birds. One study showed that providing meal worms to bluebirds in the winter reduced mortality by a large percentage.

If anyone wants links to the two feeders and type of meal worms we buy, just message me, and sunflower chips are readily available.

Sorry to interrupt but birds, right? : )

Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 04-21-2019 at 02:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2019, 02:24 PM   #1493  

We put out mealworms for the bluebirds with acrylic windows in them and guess what? The squirrels ate the wood underneath the windows and got into them. Ugh Those birds rarely come into my yard. We have woods behind us but just beyond that is open land which I think they like and still close to some trees. We do have so many other kinds of birds to enjoy, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2019, 06:02 PM   #1494  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

The CAS challenge is up:

CAS530 - Negative Die Cuts - 04/22/2019 - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2019, 06:06 AM   #1495  

Beth, birds are becoming a passion for me so interrupt any time! I bought a bag of mealworms and no one came to eat. I need to try again. I didn't know that about the bluebirds beaks. TFS!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2019, 06:07 AM   #1496  

Misti, I used dies....alas not negatives though! I will have to see if I can play along later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2019, 06:11 AM   #1497  

Sabrina has a fun challenge up for TLC739! I would like to try it but Steve has one day off this week and that is today so I plan to spend the day with him. I will definitely give the fold a try at some point! Very pretty!

I think I may have asked this question before but since my memory is like swiss cheese, I am going to ask it again and maybe add a twist!

What is your favorite fold other than the standard fold we all use most of the time. Link a favorite card that you have made with your favorite fold. What is a fold you will never try again? What is a fold that is next on your list?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2019, 09:04 AM   #1498  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I've been a bit MIA this weekend; we were out for the day on Saturday (visiting my sister, and DH visiting a friend) and we stopped for a meal on the way home so I wasn't online at all. Yesterday was my birthday so that meant I wasn't really online either what with one thing and another...and today is a holiday here so DH is still at home. And we have lovely sunshine and blue skies. And wasps - what's with that?

My favourite non-regular fold - I don't tend to make that many. I like the triangle tri-fold (one I learned here early on), but I'd say mostly I go for the centre step. But it's the only step fold I really like, I struggle with the side-step one for whatever reason. One least likely to make again - maybe the Double Dutch (Angie, I think I might have sent you the one I made). And I haven't even tried the Napkin Fold. I guess ones that really largely on using DP just aren't my cup of tea. I love the look of the tri-shutter but always struggle with decorating it.

These are my two favourite centre steps:
MMTPT235 Red Carpet in Milan by Cook22 - at Splitcoaststampers

Seaside Birthday by Cook22 - at Splitcoaststampers

And I'm also thrilled to have learned from Susie the tip of reversing the folds so that the two side strips are at the front and the main panel in further back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2019, 03:44 PM   #1499  

Ok, so I had very little sleep, VERY little so reading the tip hurts my head but I am going to think on it tomorrow. I don't do very many different folds at all. But the one time I did the center step I did enjoy it.

I left a comment on both cards. They are stunners!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2019, 04:39 PM   #1500  
Proud Fan Club Member

I haven't met a fold I didn't like! Fancy folds are my favorite! I love the never ending card, the waterfall card, screen card, the trishutter card, pop up presents, easels, box cards and the bridge card, but those are just the beginning of my love affair of all folds! LOL

Waterfall card. Christmas Waterfall by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers

Screen card. screen cards from Vickie's tutorial by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers

Never ending. never ending watercolor by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers

Popup present. To the Happy Couple (Inside) by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by muscrat; 04-23-2019 at 07:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2019, 11:12 PM   #1501  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Polly is the hostess for Teapot Tuesday today: MMTPT561~April 23, 2019~Hug-a-thon - Splitcoaststampers, and our cards are going to a friend of Misti's.

Which is a good time to mention that we love having destinations suggested if you know anyone who you think would enjoy being the recipient of a card shower. Post on the Request a Teaparty thread in the challenge forum or pmjacqueline

I have a medical check-up and then will visit my aunt who lives nearby so I'll be along later with my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2019, 05:23 AM   #1502  

Well our challenges today can be combined easily!! Here is the Coloring Challenge. I have been using this combo a lot lately and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2019, 05:26 AM   #1503  

Kathy, I looked and made a comment on all the cards you posted. I would like to try several of them!! Very cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2019, 06:05 AM   #1504  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 669 Likes on 421 Posts

I love this weeks colors ( and I never would have put them together, it made me open the package of balmy blue cardstock and I have actually used that color with other colors this month too) ( blues are not my favorite unless they lean a little towards the greenish tinted side)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2019, 07:13 AM   #1505  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper!View Post
Kathy, I looked and made a comment on all the cards you posted. I would like to try several of them!! Very cool!

Thanks Angie. I just edited that post because I saw I put the wrong link for the waterfall card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2019, 04:23 PM   #1506  

Kathy, your waterfall is super pretty too. I haven't tried that one either!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2019, 11:39 PM   #1507  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

On the way into work...the buses are all early because school is still out. Here's today's fun-looking sketch challenge:
Sketch Challenge 746 {04/24/19}

It is SO nice having links working again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 05:11 AM   #1508  

Yay, Sabrina! I am glad the links are working!

I love that sketch!!! Hmmmm....I need to see if I have some time to play today!

The sketch calls for a subtle background.

If you had time to play what color would you use for a subtle background? What would you do to create a subtle background? Would you use DP or create your own?

I have just started to enjoy stamping large stamps in soft colors for backgrounds so that would be one possibility or I might look at background tutorials and try one. I probably would not use DP.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 06:21 AM   #1509  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

an alcohol inked background that you did not want to cover up because the whole thing turned out so pretty would work.

I am still working on a hydrangea/hugs card. got the bloom colored and diecut, actually have diecut words that say paper hug... but the scale is just not working, I pushed these pieces around for a while last night and may have to abandon the words. ( I really wanted to use them )

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 07:21 AM   #1510  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

But it's only a small part of the sketch that's a subtle background, sort of just the top right-hand corner. I'd go for some reverse masking and stamp a background stamp in a soft colour, or reverse mask and do some stencilling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 07:37 AM   #1511  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

I used TLC75 - Balloon Backgrounds and it was fun! I put jellybeans in a balloon and lightly stamped the corner. Then I stamped over a whole piece of cardstock for a stash background to use for something else!

The Stamping Actuary

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #1512  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

That's a technique I've been meaning to try. Only not with jelly beans. I could use my kidney beans that I use for blind baking pastry shells. Of to see what you did!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 10:34 PM   #1513  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Bummer, I spoke too soon. I had a lot of database errors yesterday and today I am back to getting the dread "division by zero" message for links.

So, no link to the WTUI, but it's all about ways to use white INK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2019, 07:23 AM   #1514  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's the link to your fun It's a Whiteout challenge, Sabrina.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #1515  

Thanks for posting the challenge, Carla! I was out the door early today. A trip to urgent care for my daughter because her doctor's office just won't call us back. It's too bad,we have to look for a new one because my daughter really liked her. But we let a cough drag on for weeks in hopes of the office calling us back!!! We really don't have a doctor if we can't get into to see her!

Stacy, I enjoyed reading about your art process. I do that often and I am always so sad when it doesn't work. Paper Hugs sounds like the perfect sentiment!

Jennifer, I left a comment on your cool card. I need to try that technique, maybe with little glass staging stones. I don't have any jelly beans and now that I think about it, I don't think I have a balloon either!

Carla the card your posted for Sabrina's challenge is magical!

Sabrina, I like that avatar!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2019, 04:23 AM   #1516  

The MIX is up!! This ought to be a fun one!

My question, do you keep things that are "junk" in case you can use them on a project? Do you have "junk" drawers? Do you actually use the stuff you save?

I do have a couple of junk drawers. In the big spring makeover we decided to ditch the old 8 drawer cabinets we had sitting in our entrance way. I used to have a lamp on it and I would set cards from friends on it but Storm kept knocking the lamp off. Sigh. The drawers were filled with all sorts of house hold items. We paired it down to one plastic junk drawer that I still have to go through and we tossed out the pressboard drawers. We want something cleaner looking in that corner so the corner sits empty for now.

I DO save pieces of pretty junk mail for a "future" project. I don't go to yard sales because I know I will bring home "treasure" that I would THINK I would use on projects but would probably never happen.

Your turn!!

Last edited by ohmypaper!; 04-26-2019 at 04:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2019, 06:06 AM   #1517  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

yeah, about that hauling stuff home thing... I have a stack of vintage suitcases in my space and two or three of them are filled with "treasures" vintage lace, other "stuff" things I saved to alter.. they pretty much do not get opened very often and I tend to use the lace that is already sorted by color with my ribbons so, it has become "overstock" lace storage and I do not go to yard sales anymore :mrgreen:

and there has been no time to play since earlier when I was pushing those card pieces around so they pretty much look the same since Tuesday night.

Hopefully you all find a good dr. soon. ( maybe you can try hunting where the school will be in the fall?) I forgot, did she make a decision on where to go yet? and if so, is far away?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2019, 06:37 AM   #1518  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

The Free 4 All is up

F4A479 Simple Lines 4.26.19 - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2019, 06:39 AM   #1519  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

I don’t have room to keep extras. Some of the DTGD challenges have “forced” me to keep a few things that I would normally throw away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2019, 06:43 AM   #1520  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I'm a realist, I keep very little because I know that I won't be likely to use it, no matter what intentions I might have. I like the idea of recycling and upcycling, but it doesn't work with the way I create.
Reply With Quote Likes