Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2017, 09:36 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Black Friday Dilemma!

What is a stamp hoarder to do???

With Black Friday around the corner, some of the stamp companies are already releasing their upcoming deals or putting them in effect now. And of course, it's all subject to stock on hand. So if you don't buy now, you risk it going out of stock.

My 1st choice would be an MFT sale or a Taylored Expressions sale. But Reverse Confetti just started their sale today! There are bunch of sets I would absoutely buy from them if the 2 others don't have sales.

Do I risk losing out on Reverse Confetti in hopes of one or both of the others put out a sale?

What is a card maker to do? If only money grew on trees....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear you Catherine and feel your pain. I was holding out for a Veteran's Day sale and lost the Concord & 9th Plaid stamp that I must absolutely have. I'm going to keep waiting for Black Friday unless a sale comes up that is just too good to be true. I have some Pinterest boards where I save stuff I want to buy and scroll through looking for which item fits which sale and most importantly, my budget. I can't buy everything each time but I know another sale will be coming along, especially this time of year. (Unless its something like a Hero Arts Monthly Kit, then I snatch it up)

I also go by what the stamp companies did the previous year: for 2016 both MFT and TE did 30% off. Is it worth it to you to wait for the, probable. 25%-30% off at MFT/TE and lose out on the RC? Do you want the MFT/TE products more than the RC?

I've also been waiting for another Tim Holtz sale at Simon. They seemed to have one every other month, now when I NEED some stuff - nothing.

AARRRGGHHH!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2017, 04:10 PM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Then you dont want me telling you Quietfire has 40% off all stamps if you hit 40 dollars. Of course then you also get the additional 20 plus % in the exchange rate which may cover shipping. Now.

I want that plaid stamp too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2017, 05:50 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oozak.com has a sale now and there is a large Concord & 9th plaid stamp included. Would that be the one you are wanting fifiwesfan?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Then you dont want me telling you Quietfire has 40% off all stamps if you hit 40 dollars. Of course then you also get the additional 20 plus % in the exchange rate which may cover shipping. Now.

I want that plaid stamp too!
I had never heard of Quiet fire. Well now just placed my first order, and their designs are gorgeous! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntiof8View Post
I had never heard of Quiet fire. Well now just placed my first order, and their designs are gorgeous! :p
I am a huge fan. I love the unique calligraphy. Just so you know...Elizabeth crafts carries some of their dies. I think some may be made for them. Some of the sentiments are lovely and also only from QF I think. I did an order too. I wish it was also the dies.

It is hard Catherine. I am trying to stay focused on what I want to try for next week and that is helping. What do you want next week?

I want to get ink pads for no line WC'ing. I have a list of 6 I have collected. I dont know if I can even get them all in one place. I want to get Hero CS to try out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2017, 07:17 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
Oozak.com has a sale now and there is a large Concord & 9th plaid stamp included. Would that be the one you are wanting fifiwesfan?
Hi Cobby,

That's the one but I was too late, its sold out. :( [That's the cheapest I've seen it]

Thanks for letting me know, though, much appreciated!
fifi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I have no dilemma. No money no dilemma.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2017, 04:55 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Catherine,

MFT has started their sale -30% off. TE will be having one, don't know the percentage yet.

Check out Jennifer McGuire's blog, she's started her Crafty Sales notifications!

Happy spending everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2017, 11:45 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Does anyone know if Simon Says Stamp usually does a Black Friday sale? Or if Ellen Hutson does?

Thank you about the MFT sale!!! I did see that and placed my first black order Friday today. I have to confess something though - I have a post or two on here how I've stopped for the most part, buying dies with my stamp sets because the total just adds up so quickly, I don't often use them, and I can get at least twice the amount of stamp sets without buying the dies. But I used the 30% to buy a bunch of the MFT dies to match my latest favorite sets, lol. With MFT being my favorite company - well it's a tough call - I love MFT and I love Sunny Studios - I decided to splurge. Plus I love their patterned paper pads, so I bought a handful of those.

I've got my Taylored Expressions cart full so I can just hit purchase once the sales goes live. I'm excited for that one. They have this new snail mail set that is just adorable! And this one Valentine's day set I've been eyeing for a year. Plus a few others

I'll check Jennier McGuire now! I just watched her 2017 Crafty Video of her favorite stamps! There were some brands I had never heard of. I have a bit of googling to do now There are some coupon codes on her blog too.

What have others here ordered so far with pre black friday deals?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2017, 05:37 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine773View Post
Does anyone know if Simon Says Stamp usually does a Black Friday sale? Or if Ellen Hutson does?

I have to confess something though - I have a post or two on here how I've stopped for the most part, buying dies with my stamp sets because the total just adds up so quickly, I don't often use them, and I can get at least twice the amount of stamp sets without buying the dies. But I used the 30% to buy a bunch of the MFT dies to match my latest favorite sets, lol.

I've got my Taylored Expressions cart full so I can just hit purchase once the sales goes live.

What have others here ordered so far with pre black friday deals?

Hey, there's no shame in craft-buying!

I finally purchased, from MFT, the chef stamp set - can never remember the name of it! I'll probably use if on treats packaging; its just so cute I had to have it.

I filled my wishlist for TE last night and will narrow it down this evening.

I got an e-mail from Simon saying to be prepared for their sale; I did a Google search and noticed that they change-up the type of sale they have each year. Jennifer M said they WILL be doing the Black Friday parcel package, though. (I just found something online, they had 15% off last year - I think I passed on it, if I remember correctly)

I found Ellen's from last year, it looks like it was a 10-year anniversary sale and she had different sales for different time periods.

I'm hoping Concord & 9th has a good one and the plaid stamp is in stock!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I wish Papertrey would have sales. I know they had the big sale a while back when they when they were retiring the vault items and selling off inventory of ribbons and patterned papers. I love PTI - but these days I find I only buy what I can't live without from them when there are so many deals on other sets from other companies, even all year round.

I think aside from my MFT order, I'm going to place my order from TE, which I too have to narrow down my shopping cart tonight And also Reverse Confetti. I've had that shopping cart filled with a few sets, but haven't hit the purchase button. I think I'm waiting to see if any last minute sales catch my eyes more than the Reverse Confetti sets before I buy those.

And so the countdown begins...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2017, 06:44 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Totally agree about PTI. I wanted to purchase from their last release, I was all caught up in the excitement. Fortunately their website had a problem and I couldn't access it until the next day and I lost the mojo so I just left the stuff in the cart.

Marco's Paper is doing 25% off with free shipping over $50 (easy!). I ordered a bunch of Tim Holtz stuff I've been needing. Yes, I said needing, not wanting, lol. I'm working on some projects and I'm actually using stuff - so much fun!

Jennifer M says Concord & 9th will be having a sale and I'm hoping the plaid stamp will be available. She had it in her favorites for the year and since almost everything she endorses flies off the shelves I have to be FAST.
Reply With Quote Likes