Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2015, 06:03 AM   #4041  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My opening is not quite 6". I got an Embossalicious folder and we're going to have to try and cut it down in order for it to fit through. Any ideas for what to use for taking a little off one edge?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2015, 08:19 AM   #4042  
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Skype™ to melroycen

Does anyone have examples or ideas for how to use the Disney duos - the one that cuts and embosses (I have Pooh, Nemo, Ariel, Mickey and Minnie) - OR the duo folders that have a big pictures (I have Pooh, Cinderella, Tinkerbell and Mickey) and the one for the envelope with the lines???? HELP!! I'm not terribly creative and really need pics to get myself going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2015, 04:49 PM   #4043  
Insane Embellisher

A GOOD TIP!
I normally use baking paper or the ejection paper you buy to use with intricate dies to help get them out of the die without tearing. A friend recently gave me a good tip (it's also recycling) she uses the inner packet of cereal boxes. I thought it felt a little too plastic, but just tried it and found it great! I just opened it up and wiped the cereal crumbs off LOL and cut it into useable pieces.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2015, 07:54 PM   #4044  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi I received the Cuttlebug for Christmas 2 years ago and it didn't come with the plates where do you buy these my Michaels doesn't sell them just one that was on sale it's a white one I got it for $13 is that cheap and what is more upsetting I can't find dies or embossing folders for it anywhere, I think the plate was a C plate where do I get A and B plate I don't know a lot about these die cut machines I have a Big Shot from SU but haven't had much chance to use it because had no where to put it to use it now my hubby is working on are spare bedroom to make it into a craft room for me so now I can set everything up and eager to get some dies for cuttlebug I do have the Memory dies not sure if that's what there called would they also work in my cuttlebug. Ugh this die cutting business can be confusing, but first I need the others plates can someone help me on here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2015, 08:10 PM   #4045  
Pearl-ExPert

You can order the different plates from Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores ? Shop online | Jo-Ann You can use the Memory dies, Sizzix dies, Spellbinders and most any other dies, you will just have to play around with the sandwhich.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2015, 08:46 PM   #4046  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Armadillo is completely right. Most dies will work in your bug. The white plate is probably the A.
On Joann's site:
"Cuttlebug Replacement Cutting Mats 6''X7'' Set Of 2" are your B plates
"Cuttlebug Adapter Plate C 5.875" X 7.75"" is your C plate but you can use shims instead.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2015, 05:49 AM   #4047  
Kookie Creator

I needed to replace my C plate, and keep a set of B plates on hand. I ordered them from cricut.com. The A plates are also available. Our local JA and M don't carry the plates in store, so I placed my online order. As a cricut circle member, I saved 10% which cut the shipping costs. I figured I would spend that much time driving 30+ miles each way, plus my time, so this was a good deal to me. I find no problems using other folders and dies - just need to play with the sandwich for the dies sometimes. Isn't it odd there were no plates in the cuttlebug you received as a gift? I looked into purchasing another one, and it came with A and B plate sets, but not the C. Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2015, 05:52 AM   #4048  
Pearl-ExPert

Take a deep breath! You can check Joann's or even Amazon on line. Has anyone actually found anything that Amazon doesn't sell? Ha! You are going to LOVE your cuttlebug! If you PM me your address, I can send you a couple of embossing folders that I never use just to get you started. Good luck!

Live each day with kindness, happiness, and a smile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #4049  
Kookie Creator

I am excited about the new SU Brick Wall embossing folder, but it is 6 x 6 inches. SO will it fit in a Cuddlebug? Anyone tried it? Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2015, 04:49 PM   #4050  
Pearl-ExPert

My cuttlebug will just fit a 6 inch item. You probably should cut a 6x6 piece of cardboard and run it through just to make sure. It's pretty tight for me, but my machine is pretty old.

Live each day with kindness, happiness, and a smile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2015, 06:00 PM   #4051  
Kookie Creator

Thanks, Jennifer. I hadn't thought of trying a 6x6 inch piece of cardboard.
Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 11:41 AM   #4052  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Blue vs. Green vs. Black

Does anyone know if there are any functional differences between the green, blue and black Cuttlebug models? I am looking at ordering online to have sent to my sister as a present, and I have an ancient green one and have never seen the blue one in person. Right now both are available online. The blue one is only $5 more, but also includes an embossing pad. all of them do not come with the C plate. Thoughts? TIA.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #4053  
Pearl-ExPert

Mine is green and about 15 years old. I think if I were to buy one I would look at the one that offered the most. In my opinion I think it a bit strange that all the plates (A, B and C) are no longer offered; maybe C is no longer needed when cutting dies, 'tis a puzzlement.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 12:54 PM   #4054  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by armadilloView Post
Mine is green and about 15 years old. I think if I were to buy one I would look at the one that offered the most. In my opinion I think it a bit strange that all the plates (A, B and C) are no longer offered; maybe C is no longer needed when cutting dies, 'tis a puzzlement.
The C plate isn't used for Cuttlebug products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 01:23 PM   #4055  
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Received 662 Likes on 543 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedcurtainView Post
Does anyone know if there are any functional differences between the green, blue and black Cuttlebug models? I am looking at ordering online to have sent to my sister as a present, and I have an ancient green one and have never seen the blue one in person. Right now both are available online. The blue one is only $5 more, but also includes an embossing pad. all of them do not come with the C plate. Thoughts? TIA.
I saw the blue & white one Sunday at a stamping show. It seems to be a little more compact.....not sure if that's true or not. I guess the lines are more "stream lined". Plus, I did notice that the handle tucks inside....where as my old "trusty" green one ...I had to attach the handle and it does stick out. So, when packing it in a bag, I lift up the handle to pack other things closer to it.

I too had noticed that I couldn't find any kind of plates for the Cuttlebug any more at the stores (Michaels, Hobby Lobby). I don't know about Joann's....didn't look in that department the other day. So, when I saw them on clearance....I bought another set for myself. But, that was several months ago.

Might try looking at the website for Provo Craft. That is where the Cuttlebug comes from. Hope this helps you out. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 01:45 PM   #4056  
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedcurtainView Post
Here is some more info. It's now under Cricut when you google it. Cuttlebug Machine - Paper Die Cutting Machine - Buy Cuttlebug I also saw the difference between the green and the blue one. The green one is $59.99...includes: 1A; 2 B's, instructions and 1 5x7 embossing flower folder. Now, the blue one is $69.99...includes: 1 A, 2 B's, rubber embossing mat, 1 5x7 embossing folder and 2 basic labels cutting dies. Oh...the blue is the "limited edition".

So, at this point...if the blue one is still available and has the same things that I mentioned I would go for it! I had to get the rubber mat separate along with the other pieces. The only thing that came with mine were the plates...1 A, 2 B's and C and a cutting die and embossing small die. But, this was when it first came out.

There is also a video to watch too on this website. Hope you find the right one for your sister. She will love either one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 01:53 PM   #4057  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The Cuttlebug cutting plates are available on Amazon. They also have several versions of the machine, too:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...cutting+plates

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 02:05 PM   #4058  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, all. I am in Canada and I think I will order the blue one from Amazon as I have Prime and it appears to be the newer version and according to the Cricut website it is re-designed:

The redesigned Cricut Cuttlebug� machine applies a unique rolling technology that creates even, consistent embossing patterns. That same technology also makes clean, crisp cuts on everything from thin paper to heavy cardstock.

It looks quite sleek compared to my old green machine which is still going strong. I am going to weed my obscene collection of embossing folders and give my sister what I don't use, as well as some dies as I have a Cameo so can let go of some of the basic shapes I have. I have an extra C plate I can give her to use with some of the Spellbinders dies she will be getting. She just got into card making a year or so ago and it is nice for us to have this in common.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 02:59 PM   #4059  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamvicsView Post
The C plate isn't used for Cuttlebug products.
I don't understand your comment, Vic. I have the original green Cuttlebug, and I need the C plate when I cut with any kind of dies in the bug.

Embossing folders use 2 B plates, but cutting requires the B and the C.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 04:50 PM   #4060  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes you need the C to cut dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 06:13 PM   #4061  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I don't understand your comment, Vic. I have the original green Cuttlebug, and I need the C plate when I cut with any kind of dies in the bug.

Embossing folders use 2 B plates, but cutting requires the B and the C.
The original Cuttlebug dies don't use the C plate. Same sandwich as embossing. They have newer dies that cut & emboss and they use the embossing mat or the C plate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 07:19 PM   #4062  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

The original Cuttlebug dies don't use the C plate. Same sandwich as embossing. They have newer dies that cut & emboss and they use the embossing mat or the C plate.
I believe you misunderstood my post. I was talking about the original green Cuttlebug machine, and not the original "Cuttlebug dies".

When I use my Cuttlebug with most metal dies, like Spellbinders, MFT, or Papertrey, I do need to use the C plate.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #4063  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I believe you misunderstood my post. I was talking about the original green Cuttlebug machine, and not the original "Cuttlebug dies".

When I use my Cuttlebug with most metal dies, like Spellbinders, MFT, or Papertrey, I do need to use the C plate.
My post said the C plates weren't used with Cuttlebug products (I should have said original Cuttlebug dies). I have an original CB, too. I only had CB dies for quite a while. When I bought of set of Nesties, I had to dig out my C plate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 09:02 PM   #4064  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

My post said the C plates weren't used with Cuttlebug products (I should have said original Cuttlebug dies). I have an original CB, too. I only had CB dies for quite a while. When I bought of set of Nesties, I had to dig out my C plate.

Gotcha! I still have some of those old original dies around. I remember I thought they were pretty neat - until the Spellbinders came out.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 10:19 PM   #4065  
Die Cut Diva

I bought a box of CB dies (including an alphabet set) for $5 at a thrift shop. At the time I had no idea how to use them! I had to buy a Cuttlebug then. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2015, 11:28 AM   #4066  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Momenta dies

Has anyone used these in the Cuttlebug?

Die-Versions Whispers Die, Frog In The Pond, 3.25" x 2.625" - Walmart.com

I used the dies last night with about 10 pieces of cardstock as a shim but can't figure out how to emboss with them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #4067  
Die Cut Diva

May I ask how it cut? I'm not sure that it embosses, too. It looks like just a cutting die.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2015, 01:56 PM   #4068  
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillieDeeView Post
May I ask how it cut? I'm not sure that it embosses, too. It looks like just a cutting die.
I went to the website and it is only for cutting. But, I guess you could cut it first...then put it through an embossing folder. There is one that would sort of look like skin....sort of. It has very small circles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2015, 06:16 PM   #4069  
Rubber Obsessor

Oops! Posted the wrong link. This is what I was talking about:

Momenta Cut and Emboss Die, Nautical - Walmart.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2015, 07:25 PM   #4070  
Die Cut Diva

That makes more sense though I agree with the previous poster. Use a rubber mat or a plumber's flange from home depot. You may still need some paper shims. Their site should have exact instruction or find the chart /file at the beginning of this thread
good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2015, 10:55 PM   #4071  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks. I'll have to get a rubber mat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2015, 01:52 AM   #4072  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

With some dies, I use the foam that is meant for kids to create fun stuff. I get a big bundle of it and just throw away the used pieces. Not very eco-friendly, but sometimes the foam works better than the rubber mat.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2015, 02:41 AM   #4073  
Rubber Obsessor

Hadn't thought of that. I have a big stack of those foam sheets from school projects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2015, 05:27 AM   #4074  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,489 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
With some dies, I use the foam that is meant for kids to create fun stuff. I get a big bundle of it and just throw away the used pieces. Not very eco-friendly, but sometimes the foam works better than the rubber mat.

Nice tip, thanks for sharing
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #4075  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
Wow great idea....I have a bunch of those foam sheets left over from a craft with the grandkids. Going to try it soon. Thanks for the idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 10:40 AM   #4076  
Matboard Maniac

Hi everyone.. I'm going to be getting a Cuddlebug soon, and I'm wondering.. am I going to need the C Plate or will I be ok to cut/emboss most things without it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #4077  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,489 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohemianBelleView Post
Hi everyone.. I'm going to be getting a Cuddlebug soon, and I'm wondering.. am I going to need the C Plate or will I be ok to cut/emboss most things without it?
I have the cuttlebug and use the C plate for die cuts - the B plates are too thin. Also it is good to have a thin rubber gasket especially for intricate cuts
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #4078  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had one for years and have used all 3 at one time or other.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #4079  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the info! One more question - does the cuddlebug come with an embossing mat or is that what I need the rubber mat for?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #4080  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohemianBelleView Post
Thanks for the info! One more question - does the cuddlebug come with an embossing mat or is that what I need the rubber mat for?
I don't want you to get confused about embossing with the Cuttlebug. If you are talking about embossing using the embossing folders, you only need to use the 2 B plates that are included with the Cuttlebug machine.

If you want to use the Cuttlebug to emboss just the edges of die cuts that you make using dies like the Spellbinders dies, then you need to have the C plate to cut the die in the first place.

Then you need the rubber mat to complete the embossing process for these types of dies. You cut the die, leave the cardstock in the die, and use the rubber mat to run it through your Cuttlebug again, which embosses the edges around the outside of the die.

I hardly ever do this with my Spellbinders dies, as it's kind of a lot of trouble for not much effect, in my humble opinion.

I do love and use my embossing folders in my Cuttlebug all the time. It's quick and easy, and lots of bang for your buck.

Reply With Quote Likes