Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2018, 11:46 AM   #1001  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

Wow, after reading this am so glad I purchased the original WRMK stamp press and a spare when Scrapbooks.com put them on sale shortly after the whole lawsuit took place.

I did see new version of same and as not Impressed so doubly pleased with initial purchase.

Perhaps by the time both of these will need replacing, some new “gotta have it”tool will be available ��
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fifiwesfanView Post
Sorry you're having so much trouble with this stamper. I've personally found the quality of all WRMK products have gone down hill, fast, which is a shame as they come out with interesting tools. I'm very wary of buying anything from them anymore (except for the upcoming jumbo pom pom maker, that I must have!). I don't think I've seen any good reviews on the sewing machine or the typewriter. I wonder if it has anything to do with the sale to American Crafts.

Joann recently had a sale so I bought a back-up Tim and Tiny Tim. Figure I could always sell them if I don't need them.

I think there have been changes for the worst since American Crafts purchased WRMK. One of my LSS owners had problems, including with Bazzill paper, which they also purchased - like large permanent stickers placed on one side of colored CS and the salesmen (who have never crafted a day in their lives) telling her crafters only needed to use one side.

While some like it, I wasn't impressed with their first platform compared to the Tim or Misti, though there weren't cracks or issues with tolerances (pegs in holes). It wasn't magnetic and found a new home. : ) Part of it is what we get used to.

But they were good to me and replaced my Cropadile after I sent them a photo, even without a receipt and I had told them it was a couple years old. It's just getting them to admit there's a problem. Maybe they will eventually with the platform if there enough complaints.
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just read that American Crafts bought EK Success. I noticed that all the EK Success punches were in a clearance bin at Joann this week. Maybe they are going to rebrand, repackage, etc.
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
Clear stamps do seem to "grab" the paper more than rubber. If I find my paper lifting, I tape it down with painter's tape using small pieces in a couple of stategic spots along the edge, along with the magnets. It doesn't bother me to do this. Sometimes it's the stamp being large or having a lot of solid areas, or I am using a larger piece of cardstock than the magnets can reasonably handle. Whatever works.

When I used to sell CTMH, we were told to 'season' the acrylic stamps by stamping a new stamp (on a block) on the inside of our bare arm. It gets rid of the stickiness and 'primes' the stamp to accept ink. I do this with all my clear stamps now, not just CTMH stamps (because I'm an equal opportunity stamper now that I'm no longer a CTMH consultant.)

ALSO, with regards to magnets sticking together, if you slide one up while sliding the other one down, they come apart very easily.
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

I have both the Misti and the Tim Holtz platform and find that,while I prefer the sturdiness of the Tim Holtz platform, I don't get as good a stamped image at times. I placed a foam sheet under my stamp but often have to stamp multiple times before I get a complete image. Its especially bad with large background stamps but also happens with regular image. Anyone else have this problem, and what do you do? Thanks!
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I do have the problem.
I have 2 smaller sizes of TH platform. The same area on both of them just won’t stamp. It helps if I put a “shim” under the area. Just annoying.
Compulsive Stamper

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Tim Holtz and I love it. I have 3 other systems that will be going into next summers garage sale.