Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-01-2020, 06:29 AM   #4961  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts

Well Good Morning All!!!
Wow can't believe I have been away as long as I have. I have missed soooo much and it would be a real long post if I commented on everything. We brought Nick home friday night as Jeanette had told all of you and it was such a joy to leave. The hospital is not the place one wants to be during this time. The hospt was also on lockdown and had very limited services. Cafeteria had very little choices and poor Jim ate alot of pre made and wrapped cheese burgers alot. He was not a happy camper. Generally this hospt has pretty good food plus a gourmet cafe in adition to the regular Cafeteria but the Cafe locked up and staff for cafeteria was super limited as well as food choices. We have spent the last couple days getting situated here and trying to get all we need for the next month since our governor has shelter in place now until at least april 30th. I saw somewhere that Lynn said she was grateful for her cyber friends and I'd like to "Ditto" that. I am so Thankful for all of you.
Today I will be gathering a few left over Unicorn Party decorations (remember my maddness) to donate to a little girl who's bday is friday and will be missing out on her Unicorn Birthday celebration with friends. So I thought I'd PM the mom...make a card (unicorn one of course)..and box up the left over bookmarkers to color..unicorn necklaces, and unicorn decorated jars that we used for straws and utensils and then do a driveway drop off. A different way to recycle. lol I joined the community in the "In this together" challenge of window decorating. They also have one where you place a teddy bear outside and parents can drive around with the kids for a bear hunt. What the heck.....so I don't have a stuffed bear but I did have a cookie container in the bear shape (from animal crackers) so I put bunny ears on it and placed it out by the street. People are starting to find that there are simple activities that familys can do. Even our police station is having a coloring contest and our starbucks on the main road in town will accept dropped off drawings for the police station and display them on their huge windows.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2020, 06:33 AM   #4962  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,948 Likes on 3,841 Posts

Susan!!! I was getting ready to send you a message and ask how things were going. Now I see you're here. YAY! Have you fattened those guys up yet? And your donation for the unicorn partier and the cute decorations! You are awesome!!!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2020, 08:57 AM   #4963  
Die Cut Diva

LOL Jeanette....I think I'm the one fattening up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2020, 03:29 AM   #4964  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Susan, it's dangerous times for the waistlines. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2020, 04:39 AM   #4965  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Good morning this fine April 2nd, Jeanette, Susan, Shelly, and Kelly! Hope your day is off to a fabulous start.

Look at you, Susan, making lemonade with those sour lemons!! I love your sweet, sweet spirit, my friend!! Thanks for the fabulously uplifting pictures of your recent projects!!
Jeanette, I think both of you are right. I am seeing my weight slowly creeping up bit by bit. I'm going to need to make some food choice adjustments.

Unity is killing me with their daily digi releases. Yesterday I got the doctors and the nurses and all the sentiments to go with them. Also threw Jesus & Germs and the Old Car into the cart as well! After I pick up meds and groceries for my folks this morning, I plan to do some crafting!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2020, 05:23 AM   #4966  
Die Cut Diva

So is "Eating" and Crafting" the new "Norm" for all of us??? Such a Good/Bad situation we have all been forced into. I'm still trying to stay on the healthy eating track but with the Shelter in Place order I tend to skip running out for my regular healthy stuff and go for the home made breads or pastas or the kids jello's etc. Stuff that's already in the house. Figuring I'd rather eat junk than get Corona. Unless it was the beer;);)Hmmmmmmm...

Got to facetime with the kids yesterday. Funny the only one really interested in talking with Ama was Claire Bear. She went on and on and on. The other 2? Well Tori looked up from painting and said Hi and then went back to her craft and Bryce ran into the room Jumped up and down waving hi then zipped right out to go back to a video game Kids!

Lynn you be careful out there. Hope your folks aren't leaving the house. Stay safe and get back home where you can craft and order more stuff online! lol That's what I seem to be doing best lately. I mean we have to settle the boredom right?

Jeanette do you still have a few meetings this week? How's Brock doing through this? I know DH has been trying to take him for a few outside rides to feed the ducks but is he settling into this new norm yet? Hope you and DH are still healthy. I hear Girl Scout cookies sooth the soul! heeheehee

Kelly hows Chrissy doing? Is everyone else still healthy? You have quite a house full over there and it worries me.

Shelly are you and Ray doing well? I know allergies are rough right now too so I hope your coping.

Scared to death but I have to go to H&R block and sign the taxes. We dropped them off what seems like ages ago but now we have to sign. We are not taking Nick so I'll go first, come home and then Jim will finish it up.

Have a great day............Sunshine here today
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2020, 05:54 AM   #4967  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Susan, eating and crafting here. Truth be told, I have let the laundry pile up again and must add work to my list today! Ugh!

My parents are not getting out of the house at all. I do the food shopping and drug pick ups for both of us. I am headed out right now to get what we need for the week. It should be my last trip out for a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2020, 07:21 AM   #4968  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lynn, I've been drooling over the Unity digis... and if they were stamps, I'd be making a purchase, I'm sure. I'm resisting digis, though.

Susan, you are a hoot - with the stories of the grands, the menu choices, etc. I'm giggling.

Today is much needed laundry day here... also doing some cleaning (these floors are a mess!!!) It's my DH's birthday; talk about challenging meal prep. Nothing exciting in the house, that's for sure. And no Girl Scout cookies, either, Susan. DH bought 4 boxes - was that in January? We promptly mailed three of them to our favorite Alaskan and ate the one box that remained here. So alas, nothing to soothe our souls during this pandemic.

Yes - lots of meetings. I know of two more this week (but they tend to be added quickly so the number may grow.)

Yes - Brock is settling in to the new normal... except he's talking a lot about his people! And tends to get more and more chattery.

Yesterday I took a "mental health day" - I only did what work was necessary. And DH took Brock to his office (he's literally the only one there so it's as safe as home) for a couple of hours. I enjoyed the quiet and was happy to see them when they got back home!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2020, 08:48 AM   #4969  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Hi all! Yes, it's true - it's almost Friday unless you are like me and have absolutely NO IDEA what day it is! LOL!

As Homeschool Mom (cough, cough), we did Geometry this morning and then I started drinking .......... ha! Coffee. lots of coffee. It's been way too long since I've messed with chemistry and trig and all of that that I was never any good at in the first place!

Hence, why I went into therapy. NOT me. But - as a therapist. LOL!!!

*Talk to me about your mother ........... *

Looks like everyone is doing good! Lynn, shopping!! I saw the digis and now see them all over the place - I am happy they gave people that option! I have resisted ~ as well as the 'mask' type stamps. I'm just not sure I would do with them after this is all over - and yes, it will be over one day!

Chrissy is still recovering and is rail thin - that poor kid. She's lost over 20 pounds that she didn't have to lose in the first place. Now she has throat issues but we were warned it was part of it and it was coming - and it did arrive. She can barely eat and they said at least another 6 weeks to full recover. Whatever she had was HORRIBLE - I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

YES, we are on top of each other here! That's the norm though. I did send my son in law (now working from home) over to his mother's house to work. There's no space, no free corners, and it's definitely NOT quiet in this house! I've learned to work in the choas where he's looking like :shock: I don't think he had a clue what my daughter does all day with a toddler and no, they are not still and no, they are not quiet! LOL!!!

Hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 02:50 AM   #4970  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

I sure am glad you are my friends. You make my heart happy!

Kelly, I'm so glad to hear Chrissy is making progress... but it still sounds horrible to me. I know she has the very best nurse and a loving family around her, too (albeit a noisy environment). I continue to pray for her regularly.

You pose an interesting point that I'd not thought of - with everyone sheltering at home. Those family members (often times dads) who had no clue what goes on at home with littles around (sweet precious ones - who never stop moving) and the reasons why other family members (often times moms) are exhausted when the evening draws near... wow! This is eye-opening for some.

Another side, too... my son (the Manny/Nanny to 3 littles) hasn't seen his littles other than in face-time types of calls in nearly 3 weeks because their parents are now home, sheltering with the rest of us. He's sure missing his littles!

Now, about my mother................. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 03:18 AM   #4971  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hope the birthday celebration for your husband turned out well, Jeanettl! Funny about the Girl Scout Cookies. Other than the cakes and brownies we made at home (enough to serve about 250 people) everyone else at the Kitchen got Girl Scout Cookies on Tuesday.

Kelly, I am positive that working from home is a real eye-opener for many when there are young children involved. The situations we find ourselves in are creating such stress which brings out lots of other ugly issues. So very sad. I feel we will see a spike in divorce and an increase in the birth rate following this dark time. Maybe there will be an increase in respect and appreciation for the education system, as well.

Continuing to pray for Chrissy. How awful for her. But I am so thankful she has you there to watch and nurture her back to health.

Back to the laundry for me! Today I will also tackle my dining room table. It's surface has not seen the light of day since Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 03:46 AM   #4972  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Lynn... I fear you may be right about a spike in the divorce rate after this.

Our celebration was not much. Of course the truth is, we don't do lot on DH or my birthdays anyway, so it wasn't that unusual. I do usually fix his favorite meal - but I didn't do that this time since I didn't have the necessary ingredients. But I did manage to make another favorite meal of his, so it's good.

I have to finish my laundry today - I only got about half of it finished yesterday. But first I have a meeting. My last one of the week, as far as I know.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 04:40 AM   #4973  
Die Cut Diva

I agree Lynn there just may be a spike in divorce and an increase in births. Both of which I'm sure will not happen here. lol With DH being retired for the last 8 yrs he's always around anyway and babies???? Better not!! heeheehee. Now as for education...my DIL is finding it quite a challenge to have 3 kids on different e-learning programs and then she has to do the regular teacher stuff too. I don't understand it all but I guess theres this program called ZOOM where teachers can log on with their students and hold virtual classes. Well while DIL is trying to hold her class's she also is dealing with her own 3 needing her attention. And OMG....Claire Bear...oh boy. That girl I guess started running around the house butt naked yelling "Mommy I go Potty!" But I guess in doing so also ran in front of the monitors of Bryce and Tori and DIL prays non of her students or Bryce and Toris teachers noticed Claire with Elsa dress pulled up high. My only comment...."well she's 3" LOL I can't imagine having to be a mom and helping kids with e-learning, yet alone have to teach a totally different group on top of that.

Oh and BTW Lynn my dining room table is loaded too. I should take a pic. lol

Kelly glad Chrissy is getting better. Tell her I'll send her the much needed 20 pounds! Its the least I can do.

Jeanette so you saved the birthday dinner with another fave....good job!!! Hope DH enjoyed his dinner. Does Brock sing happy birthday?

I get to drop off the birthday Unicorn box today. Decided to make a little Art Journal for her too with a Unicorn on it. Hence the reason my table is a mess! Truth be told it has looks like a mess for weeks...heeheehee.

Waving to Shelly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 05:46 AM   #4974  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Susan...

Oh, yes. Zoom is zooming here. I've had 7 meetings already this week and just learned of another one this afternoon. Unfortunately the one that got added this afternoon is kicking me out of one I was going to participate in for fun. Oh Well.

And yes... we'll try to keep all people clothed during the meeting. I cracked up hearing about Claire. I hope her mom can see some humor in that too, now that it's over. ;)

We eat all of our meals at the dining room table - so it's clear. That's not to say that other surfaces are, though. LOL! I set up a folding table yesterday and put 4 boxes of embellishments and things on it that I plan to go through, sort/purge/organize - TODAY! Well, unless meetings prevent that from happening.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 05:50 AM   #4975  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

An update on our DD. You know she is in the village in Alaska. The planes that fly in/out are tiny - Ravn is the company name. Well... Ravn announced yesterday that they are suspending air service (including mail delivery) to most of the 115 villages they service. They've cut their fleet of tiny planes from 30 planes to 3. Yikes! She was isolated before, but now. And in addition to that their cell/internet service has been down for large portions of each day. In fact, there were two days in a row that they didn't have any at all. Edgy times!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 06:29 AM   #4976  
Die Cut Diva

Oh no.....Jeanette....I bet you're super worried. I know I would be. And internet service sketchy too? Makes it so hard on loved ones. I shall pray that all stays safe for her. I can't even imagine being that isolated. Here I was going to ask for a address so I could send her a "Hang in there" card but no mail? That's crazy!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 06:31 AM   #4977  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, Susan!! I cannot image how your daughter-in-law is able to do that!! Seems like an impossible task to me! More prayers that we can all make it through to the other side with some bit of sanity left. Bet going back to work will seem like a welcome vacation to many!!

Looks like we need to tune in to watch Claire's antics!! I'm always on the lookout for new entertainment!!
Jeanette, I sure hope your daughter was able to stock her house with the things she will need. That truly is isolation and can be very scary at best. Prayers are being added for her and her safety!

Last load of laundry is in the machine after I took a break to do today's Free4All Challenge. Now it is on to the table.

Jeanette, my table is used for dining only when I have guests! My home alone eating takes place on my lap in the recliner in front of the T.V. LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 06:49 AM   #4978  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks Susan... yes, I'm a bit worried, but trusting that she'll be okay through this.

Lynn, I am behind... I still have four loads of laundry to go. I've done 7 so far... so progressing, but still lots to do. My sister and her husband eat all their meals like you do. When I go to visit my parents I stay at my sister's. Since we eat at the table, it just feels odd to me, but it is comfortable for them. I hope it's comfortable for you, as well. When my guys are on an outing and I am eating alone, I sit at our kitchen bar instead of the table, but it's still basically the same. Of course, I read while eating then instead of chatting.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 09:47 AM   #4979  
Die Cut Diva

Since we're sharing meal times......We eat at the kitchen table when its just the 3 of us. When the kids are all her for family dinner (man its been a long time since we have done that) we eat at the dining room table. When its just me...I have one of those old fashioned chair step stool (red) that I butt into the corner of the cupboards and eat there usually with my laptop.
Saw Claire and Bryce through their living room window. He ran up with chrome book in hand yelled Hi Ama and scooted away. She jumped up and down on the couch and told me she's watching Peppa Pig. lol I dropped off the activity sheets and then left for a strangers house to drop off the birthday box. Deed done and headed home. Now to surf for some sort of movie to take my nap with. hahahaha.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #4980  
Die Cut Diva

DO I WIN????? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 04:08 PM   #4981  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, you're ALWAYS a winner in my books! ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 04:11 AM   #4982  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm here (later than usual)...

It's the weekend and that means fewer meetings for me. I think I'm going to spend much of today getting inky, but we'll see how that goes. LOL!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 04:25 AM   #4983  
Die Cut Diva

Im here earlier than usual! LOL

Yep its the weekend and all my days are running together. Watched a bunch of you tube videos yesterday and I think I might try my hand at abstract watercoloring this weekend. After I clean off the table lol. Ughhh thats going to be a chore!

Waving to everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 04:36 AM   #4984  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Early Bird Susan! Oh... yay! I want to see how your abstract watercoloring turns out!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 05:07 AM   #4985  
Die Cut Diva

I'm definitely apprehensive because DH has dabbled in watercolor doing still life type of paintings so I'm pretty sure he'll be critical on my abstract style lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 05:13 AM   #4986  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

psh! Tell DH you have a fan club who adores you (us!) and he can either join the fan club mentality or keep quiet. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 05:52 AM   #4987  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Jeanette and Susan!!

I don't think you are the winner, Susan. My table cleaning got bumped back to today! Hopefully I will have more success!!

Can't wait to see how your watercoloring turns out! I am not any good at that!

Have a great day ladies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 06:47 AM   #4988  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Lynn! Good to see you!

Is there a contest?!?!?! Do I win...

I really should take a picture of it when it's full of food for the evening meal... but at this point I don't even have a clue what we're going to eat tonight. I need to be deciding, I suppose. Can anyone say, The Chief Cook is tired of cooking???? because she is. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 07:07 AM   #4989  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

You do win, Jeanette!! I am still sitting here computer surfing!!

I enjoyed my tacos so much last night that I am having them again tonight! Yum!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 07:29 AM   #4990  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning! Not sure what's on the plans for today- but I know we will be OUTSIDE!
We have instacart arriving this afternoon - they were funny, pushed back from Saturday morning to Monday afternoon ~ and then back to Saturday. We are all taking bets to see if it arrives or not

WE still go to the grocery store though - there's 7 of us! We eat a lot so if Jeanette is tired of cooking for 3, LOL, try 7! Every day!

There is Toilet Paper! We weren't out, but my dd's FIL called today and said he found a fully stocked Publix - and brought us over some. Isn't he sweet!

Yay for tacos, husband's that watercolor and clean craft spaces!
I am in ........... none of those categories. LOL!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 08:05 AM   #4991  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lynn, we had tacos earlier this week - well sort of. And I loved them!!! I didn't have any taco shells in the house so I made Navajo Frybread instead.

Kelly, I feel like I'm cooking for 3 families... since DH, Brock and I do not enjoy the same things. LOL! Actually DH and Brock eat a lot alike, I'm the one who doesn't. So I get bored with cooking because I get bored with the foods I prepare - to keep my guys happy. If they'd eat some fun stuff, we'd be good. I can only handle meat and potatoes so much - and since I've not been to the store in 3 weeks we are completely out of salad and other fresh stuff.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 05:05 PM   #4992  
Die Cut Diva

Out of SALAD?????? The horror!!! I think I would wither away with out salad. lol I love to cook and lucky for me my guys eat what I cook. Tonight it was grilled ham steak, pasta tossed with peas and carrots and pesto (for the guys I avoid pastas) and fresh made amish white bread. I usually avoid the carbs but sometimes you have to give in a bit. lol Yes Jeanette you're winning the clean table contest so far. Mine is still a mess and I never got around to painting...maybe tomorrow.
Kelly how nice of DD's FIL to get you TP. Im sure with 7 you go through much more than my little group of 3.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 10:40 PM   #4993  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Goodness. Guess I am a little behind here! I read and read and read! LOL

We are Sheltering in Place, Katie and her pup are still here , : ) I am enjoying having her here, and realized the other day that at some point, she is going to head home....I think it would be fine if she just stayed her until school starts next fall....she says...lol, probably not mom.....!

I had a bad issue this past week with my B/P and the steroids for the whiplash, guess I will suck it up and not take steroids. That was a bit scary!

Kelly- glad Chrissy is getting better a bit at a time and wow- hope she can put a little weight on! I think a house full bustling and busy is so wonderful!!!

Jeanette- glad you had a little break and were refreshed too!

Lynn- yes, be safe running around getting the errands done!

I went though some of my fabric today and prewashed a bunch to make masks. I sorted a bunch= not cotton but upholstry and Christmas specialty, denim, etc and gave to a neighbor that had a daughter that works with refugees, I will be aking masks tomorrow.... and may be sending more fabric across the street!

It is so wild to watch how hard the teachers are still working- watching all the work that goes into planning and lessons for the kids to learn at home! Plus, Katie is the Union rep, so she has alot to do for that as well! I feel so bad for the parents who have to work and try to get the kids to do their school work as well- some of the kids work as well to help their families. Very interesting!

I have you all in thoughts and prayers and fun to read what everyone is up to! We are getting out and visiting with neighbors more with the dog here- love to keep up and realize how much we do not see them when the dog is not here. Yesterday, I took the dog out back, and my neighbors were out raking out back yard. They said the leaves that were mulching our bushes were all oak leaves and hence from their tree..... LOL We told them we would do that, and they did it anyway..... I cannot rake with my neck issues, so just said- OK, if you insist! We do not have huge yards, but still!

I may have to get out this week- hubby is 60 on Monday and he loves German Chocolate cake : ) I have to make one for his big day! I may ask neighbors to drive by and honk at a certain time as well! He is a shining light and always positive as well!!!

Hugs to all!!!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2020, 04:34 AM   #4994  
Die Cut Diva

Shelly so good to finally catch up with you. Now that you see what Katie is going through with lesson planning and such I bet you can imagine what my DIL is going through having to do that as well as help out her own 3 kids with school work. Not a fun job.
I spent alot of yesterday doing telephone catch up with friends and family and then binge watched the series War of the World on EPIX with DH. There is only 1 season and I'm not sure if there will be a season 2 since I did not look that far into it. Kind of riveting. lol
Happy Sunday. Ooooo it's Palm Sunday....days are blurring. Guess no Plams for us this year. Oh well enjoy the day anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2020, 05:26 AM   #4995  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, dear and treasured friends!!

Shelly, I am glad your daughter and her dog are there with you during this doubly trying time for you. Praying for healing for you from your whiplash and your drug reaction. I know Ray will love and appreciate his German chocolate birthday cake.

Things are so much easier when cooking for one. I have great respect for all of you for cooking to your families tastes and needs.

I just finished listening to my church's Palm Sunday service on Facebook. I will probably bring my parents over in a while to watch it as well. My dad refuses to put Facebook on his computer. I will cook for them for lunch, so I really do have to go tackle that dining room table! Yes, Susan mine is still untouched, too!

Wishing you all bountiful blessings on this Palm Sunday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2020, 10:45 PM   #4996  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends and happy Monday! I am sure it's Monday because I have my lesson plans out - haha. My son is a great self learner but not a great self RISER! I'm hoping tomorrow will go smoothly 'school wise'. We did learn that it's extended home learning until mid-May.

Yes, daily cooking for 7 of us is for the birds! I do love cooking but it gets to be A LOT! What I love is that everyone eats whatever - no picky eaters here except me, the vegetarian *wink!*

Shelly, good to hear from you and glad you are sheltering in place - with Katie and the pup, too! Happy Birthday to Ray! Tony's birthday is in 2 weeks ~ we're already planning the home BBQ! Enjoy the German chocolate cake - YUM!

Lynn, I watched the Palm Sunday service online and it just felt SO SURREAL! I don't think I've missed Easter Sunday in real life so it was certainly different! I hope your parents were able to see it.

Hello to Jeanette!

*air hugs!*

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2020, 03:12 AM   #4997  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wishing all of my Paper-Loving Inky Friends a safe and healthy Monday!

Happy Birthday Shelly's Hubby! I hope he has a great parade of honking vehicles and the cake of his dreams! Shelly, I'm sorry you've had health scares... please take care of yourself!

Lynn, I hope you and your parents enjoyed lunch together as well as the online worship time.

Susan, yep... salad is needed! I could eat salad every single day. I actually spent some time yesterday filling my cart and will drive an hour away to pick up my HUGE grocery order (our local Walmart doesn't offer that service)... lots of salad stuff coming to a home near me (MY home!) soon. ;) I hope this shopping trip will get me to the end of the month, other than milk and other perishables. DH actually went and filled up Hot Sauce's gas tank last night for my outing - $1.57 a gallon. WOW!

Kelly, it definitely was odd going to church online instead of in person. I think next week will be even more surreal, with it being Easter. Our state shut down the parking lot churches so DH and Brock missed going to it yesterday as you remember they went last week. Brock called that "Car Show Church" and this week it was "Home Church".
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2020, 06:03 AM   #4998  
Die Cut Diva

Good grief ladies you are all such early birds. Kelly 1:45AM? Thats the same time Shelly checked in yesterday. You two should be in bed at that hour. Jeanette checked in at a much more reasonable time of 6:12...lol
Well I have to admit I was up early 6:30 and went to Woodmans for grocery's at 7AM. I was NOT going to go on the weekend. Of course silly me...no one is working now so everyday is a weekend so stores here are still crowded. I have not tried the online shopping yet. Maybe I'm too scared to go to techie. People were pretty respectful though. Keeping their space using their manners etc. I should now be good til I run out of milk or bread.
Watercoloring is taking a back seat since I instead decided to make Art Journals ofr Tori and my 2 grandneice's as a little something for Easter. And since I can't see them I need to get them done to mail. Except Tori's I can drop hers off.

Jeanette giggling over "Car Show Church"...I LOVE THAT!!! "Home Church" is cute but I LOVE "Car Show Church" He cracks me up.

Have a great day ladies...Lynn might be table cleaning today. Do you think she'll come do mine? lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2020, 06:09 AM   #4999  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

The only reason Jeanette checked in at 6:12 was because she read and studied for well over 2 hours before getting on the computer this morning. (I've been up since about 3:30).

Susan, I'm glad you're all set with groceries now... and can be creative even if you're not watercoloring. Hmmmm... not sure Lynn can come to help with your table, with all of this sheltering at home we're doing.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2020, 08:46 AM   #5000  
Die Cut Diva

Dang you mean there's no such thing as virtual cleaning???
Reply With Quote Likes