Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-04-2015, 09:30 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Framelits/Dies/Stamp set organization

Hi everyone! I store my framelits, primarily SU & Sizzix in the Art Bin Magnetic Die Case. Half the dies are specific to a stamp set. Do any of you store the coordinating dies in the stamp set itself, so they are together? I store my sets (primarily clear) in their original DVD size boxes. How do they not fall out of the sleeve or in a tangle at the bottom for those that have lots of small dies. Especially, now that Daves Dies has opened up even more sets with coordinating stamp sets. Thanks in advance to this great group helping me get organized!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 07:46 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

I take all my matching die sets out of the envelope and put them on a sheet of magnet in the DVD box with the stamp set. That way they are all together when I use that stamp set.
I buy magnetic vent covers at Home Depot and cut them to the size i need for the die set ( they are three to a package and about 10x18, much cheaper than buying smaller sheet magnets. They are also much thinner (and lighter) than the ArtBin magnets.

...just learning
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 10:35 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

My answer is it depends....... I look at the die with the question in mind of whether this die only works with this set. For example if it is a die cut-out of a gnome I probably would only cut it while using the matching stamp from the set. If this is the case I store them exactly like CTXDalene stores them. But if the die is a cloud, circle, flower, I could use that in many different ways. Then I store them in my general die storage which is the Crafter's Companion 2-N-1 panels with the storage binder, that I purchase from Ellen Hutson. I have an index of my supplies so I note where I store the die in my index. This has worked well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 04:12 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Magnetic vent covers, I will get some of them. And an index will be helpful. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 04:50 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is their enough room in the newer SU boxes? I don't think you could for the unmounted or mounted space wise. I have seen people purchase the empty unmounted boxes and store them. then put a title in the box, on the sides like the SU company does for stamps identification and store both together on a shelf upright, to be able to read the titles. I love the small amount of space these SU unmounted boxes take

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 12:21 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm a BASIC girl...I store my embossing folders and thinlits/framelits in two $1.00 bins from the Dollar Tree! Haha!

So no, I don't store stamp sets with the thinlits/framelits.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My stamps are all stored on panels in page protectors, standing in bins. So I store my matching dies the same way, on cardboard panels covered with adhesive-backed magnetic sheets, in page protectors, in bins. My SIL recently gave me 6 sets of Year of Flowers from PTI with the matching dies, and she had the dies on pieces of magnetic vent covers inside each DVD case. Uh oh. Now I was confused. I should make everything the same, but the little sheets of dies inside the cases were very cute. So I put them on a shelf. Will probably take them out and integrate them into my current system, which I love. Still. Just goes to show how many good ways there are to organize these things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I store dies that go with stampsets in the same case as the stamps. I put a piece of magnetic tape inside the case cover to hold the dies in place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I store matching dies/stamps together in Sizzix envelopes that latch on the back. These are in a drawer of a cart standing up, one behind the other.

The Framelit dies are stored right along with the above. The Spellbinders and Heartfelt sets are stored in their original packaging, the dies beside the matching stamps.

Currently the SU stamps, no die, are stored in their original case but I hope to find smaller containers for them.

The envelopes keep the tiny little dies from spilling everywhere and they are almost clear so I can see the pieces inside.

I tape the picture from the die/stamp set to the white side of a magnetic sheet (cut from vent covers like mentioned above) and pput the dies on the magnetic sheet. Then I put the plastic base for the cling stamp against the dies.

This seems to work best for me.

I like the inventory system and have kept a notebook, but once I moved all my NON-Die stamps into the Scrap-Rack it is very simple flip thru those pages/sections to find the right stamp for a card, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I store my nesting dies on magnetic strips or sheets. Like the sheet better and am slowly converting. These are cut square for the most part or glued onto sq c/s. They are in zip lock sandwich bags, labeled by shape and filed in fridge bins.
I got rid of my art bins as they were too heavy, difficult to separate, and took too much room.

Individual dues like memory box, etc.are in their envelope slid in a side opened plactic folder with flap on the outside. Similar dies from other companies are put into envelopes the same way. I can put extra cuts in the envelope for future projects. These are filed by theme. Stamps are filed with the matching die.

stampin Up dvd cases get a magnetic sheet for dies that go with those stamps. Filed by stamp name.

I agree with the posting above that if a die can only be used with one stamp, it should be filed with that, but if it has multiple uses, file it in its theme catagory.

I used fridge bins for all dies, embossing folders and stencils. Stamps are in dvd cases.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2015, 03:07 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

I store stamps with stamps and dies with dies... ( just in case the die would come undone from the magnet and land on the stamp and make a flat spot or an un useable spot)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2015, 04:55 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided if a framelit only goes with one set, to store it with that set. I attached a clear envelope with a magnetic sheet to the inside cover of the DVD holder and nestled a piece of cs in the envelope to protect the dies from possibly marring a stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Question adhesive for magnetic vent covers???

I got some of the magnetic vent covers at Menard's. What do you use to stick them to the dvd cases? E6000? I'm used to little self stick magnets so I'm lost on what adhesive to use for this and thought I would try to get a suggestion with some experience behind it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Does anyone worry about having magnets in your craftroom around cricut/cartridges/computer?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2015, 06:24 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy-stamperView Post
I got some of the magnetic vent covers at Menard's. What do you use to stick them to the dvd cases? E6000? I'm used to little self stick magnets so I'm lost on what adhesive to use for this and thought I would try to get a suggestion with some experience behind it!
I use super sticky tape (red-line tape) it holds great!

www.funstampersjourney.com/julierobinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2015, 06:26 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

For my dies that match my stamp sets, I put a magnetic sheet (magnet on chipboard) inside the stamp package. This is for my Fun Stampers Journey sets. That way I know right away, without even thinking, that it has a matching die!

www.funstampersjourney.com/julierobinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2015, 08:13 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOCKEY FANView Post
I use super sticky tape (red-line tape) it holds great!
Great idea! Much less messy and stinky than E6000. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2016, 04:03 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

After researching the various ways, I decided to buy 6x8" zipper bags. They are 4mil thick and work great for my die sets. Recently I bought the Crazy Birds stamp & die set, and for Christmas hubby got me the accessories die and stamp set. I mounted the dies on hard cardboard with magnets. I made a copy of the main sheet (in color that describes the dies), and marked out what's NOT in that particular zipper bag. I divided it up into 2 bags, putting occasions in one, and misc. in the other. The stamps are included--I cut the original stiff plastic sheet in half and place the coordinating stamps on it. So one zipper bag has the accessory dies and stamps. The other zipper bag has the remaining dies and stamps. Same thing with the birds themselves. Each bird has 3 parts to it, so I divided it into 3 birds per zipper bag. The dies and stamps are together.

I really do like these 6x8" zipper bags. They even store the SU thinlits card dies (like the snowflake one, and the labels one) It's a tight fit, but they do fit into it. Now all I have to do is label each bag and inventory it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2016, 05:35 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcchioView Post
... Do any of you store the coordinating dies in the stamp set itself, so they are together? ...
I have been pondering this myself lately, especially since there are so many FSJ stamps with matching die sets. Have I made a decision on what to do? No. lol.
Reply With Quote Likes