Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-22-2015, 05:23 PM   #81  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shelly, You're braver than I rafting with a bad back. Good for you for giving it a go and glad you survived it! ;-) Glad to see the house is getting the loving it deserves.

Ching, A 12 hour day and bringing work home? Wow, you rsunk your teeth into this job!

Kelly, any news on your daughter?

Lynn, I went back to your blog and saw your response. I simply can't believe those leaves look that real, even with the layered stamping. Beautiful work.

I'm curious what happened to the other members of our group...do I have the right blog addresses. I haven't seen any activity since I joined you, I keep refreshing to try to get to something newer but it's been weeks. I'm not messing up am I? I just don't want to slight anyone by not commenting.

Have a cardiologist's appointment tomorrow...fingers crossed for me, okay? I would love to have a visit that isn't followed-up with a test or five.

In other news, I just applied for a DT position...I don't hold out much hope as I don't have a large readership on my blog and I only just participated in one challenge, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. I wanted to ask those of you who participate in challenges...how the heck do you find them and then keep up with them?
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2015, 08:22 PM   #82  
Mad Swapper

Kim, yup, another 12 hour day today. There's lots on my plate and I also inherited quite a bit too. So really need to get things up and going. I haven't even gotten out to meeting all the employees yet and there's all kinds of employee relations, benefits, etc I have to deal with. I'm handle the HR dept fyi.

The ladies in our group that you've been chatting with in this entire thread are pretty much the regulars. I'll open up my blog later this weekend as I'm sure all the background security checks are done now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2015, 08:23 PM   #83  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Wow, Shelly!!! You are one brave and adventurous lady! In my younger days, I should have given rafting a try! It sounds like so much fun and how great to have an expert in the family!

Ching, you've got three days under your belt! I know you are learning fast and hope that you are enjoying your new job. I'm still reigning in my craft spending although the SU 15% sale was certainly calling my name! Let me know what you get!

Kim, I hope things go well for you with your cardiologist tomorrow. I'll say a little prayer that you get a good report with no further testing needed. Wanda and Tania haven't posted is a while. Your links are correct and working fine. Hopefully they have just run into a busy phase in their lives. I think Wanda was moving into a new home.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your DT application. Both your cards and your blog look wonderful. Any company would be lucky to have your talent on their team.

I don't do too many challenges outside of Splitcoaststampers. I sometimes take part in the Mod Squad Challenge because Kitchen Sink Stamps is a sponsor there once a month. I won some great stamps from Designs by Ryn there one week. They have really worked hard to get together a great group of sponsors. I also like to do Word Art Wednesday from time to time because they give away a free digital scripture in some pretty fonts each week.

There is a blog called Paper Playful that lists known challenges. They also list winners and design team calls. It is kind of a one stop shopping place for people interested in challenges. You might want to check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 06:29 AM   #84  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Good Morning, friends!

It's been a choatic kind of week - then again, when are they not! Lots of activities with the kids, speckled with appointments and bible study and what not all in between. And the highlight of my week was my car broke down! Right in the middle of a busy highway, too - of all the places, timing. Yikes. You don't know hatred until you clog up a bustling, busy Miami street! AAA was there within 20 minutes though so I chalked it all up to God's telling me to SLOOOOW IT DOWN!
(I was praying, believe me! LOL!)

My daughter - thanks for asking! She's better, but still showing symptoms and not a single thing can be found - it is the most bizarre . We have even gone in a different direction with her and looking at the more obvious - Mono, H1N1, Lymes Disease - all tested, all fine - we just have no clue. But she's BETTER, just not back to normal, so we are crossing our fingers it will 'run it's course'.

Ching - wow, way to go with jumping right in! You seem like a people person and a great employee to have on board, so I imagine the transition will be smooth!

Lynn and Kim - ditto on the active bloggers and I think we are pretty much it! I know I owe you all the last blog round, haven't made it back to blogs yet this week. And I agree on the Paper Playful - it's a wonderful site where a ton of challenges are listed DAILY! And this link tells you of all the DT calls that are active and the deadlines - DT Calls | Free Design Team Call Listings. I'm only on one now, and that's it for me -- I was on 5 at one time once and talk about burn out! I about went out of my mind!

Waving to everyone, those stopping in and those reading on the sidelines!

Blessings! ♥

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 06:34 AM   #85  
Mad Swapper

Lynn, here's my SU order. eek!

1. Boys Will Be Boys 2. Corner Garden
3. Definitely Dahlia
4. Feel Goods
5. Gorgeous Grunge
6. Hardwood
7. You've Got This
8. Dove Of Peace
9. Lighthearted Leaves
10. Woodland Embossing Folder
11. Spring Flowers Embossing Folder
12. Sweet Sadie Designer Washi Tape
13. Softly Falling Embossing Folder
14. Boughs & Berries Embossing Folder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #86  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

OH my, Ching! Merry Christmas to you! That will be one fabulous box when it arrives!

I was thrilled to see that I won a $25.00 GC to one of my favorite stamp companies - I finally got to the computer to take a look at what to buy and I absolutely cannot decide. I want a list like Chings, LOL! ♥

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #87  
Rubber Obsessor

Ching, wow you've got a lot on your plate! I know you're up to the challenge. I knew you had shut down your blog for work reasons...I wasn't referring to you when I mentioned inactive blogs. I've got a lot of what's on your list...love 'em!

Lynn, thanks for all the helpful info and for your kind words! I'll check out Playful Paper.

Kelly, Well, at least the silver lining is that your daughter is feeling better. Will be praying to hear she's at 100% real soon. Wow, 5 DTs! I could never keep up with that. I'm going to try From the Heart Stamps and Paper Crafting World next go round. This time I applied to Craftin Desert Divas and they don't want you to be a DT member any where else...maybe being a DT virgin will work in my favor ;-D.

I left with cardiologist with only one follow-up test, a Holter Monitor for 24 hours...that's a piece of cake! So I'm happy. The results of my past test are no surprise, my heart is weak, hence the diagnosis of Congestive Heart Failure, but no worst than the last time so I'm happy all the way around!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2015, 11:13 AM   #88  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, no, Kelly! How scary! I would be paralyzed with fear if I found myself broken down in the middle of a busy city street! Sending prayers for your daughter's continued improvement!

Ching, what a fabulous list of SU goodies! I'll be watching for creations with these to pop up on your blog. Enjoy them as time permits with your new job.

Kim, it's good to hear that your heart is holding steady. I know you are following your doctor's orders to see that that continues. Sending prayers your way and keeping my fingers crossed that you land on a DT soon. Until you experience it, you'll never know if it's for you or not.

Lots of rain here this weekend! Hope everyone is enjoying their time off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2015, 06:42 PM   #89  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello!

Hello again- back from Colorado...an hour, and rec'd a frantic...no ...hysterical call from my youngest.... she was coming home from a training in Cedar Rapids Iowa, and was in the middle of no where and swerved to avoid hitting 2 deer and ended up flipping the car over, needless to say, it has been a stressful couple of days. The car landed upright, and she got up with scraped and bruises and that is all.....! So Thankful that she had her seat belt on- whiplash has got her neck stiff, and I am going to push for PT!

I am working all weekend, and am catching up, so sorry I have not posted or been to blogs. Hopefully can do that tonight and tomorrow! Whew!

Kim- you have a beautiful Blog- the DT;s do like to see people who make beautiful cards, so keep with it and you will be on a DT before long! I know someone on that DT- I will mention your name- not sure it will matter, but will shout out for you! I have quit my DT's- just want to have fun for a bit Hope the Holtor is boring : ) CHF is no fun- I worked in ICU for 25 years........ Blessings to you!

Ching- that is alot of hours! Hope you are enjoying the job and that they do not work you to death! Your list is long- sounds like fun : ) I have alot I recently and not so recently ordered that has never been used, so I am cutting myself off from spending for a while.

Kelly- oh goodness, sounds scary to break down in the middle of the road in Miami too! I hope they can put a finger on what is going on with your daughter soon- so frustrating to see your daughter not feeling so great : ( And, congrats on your GC win!

Lynn- hope you are braced for the rains! And, I love Paper Playful- what a cool idea- I used to volunteer to look up challenges for a day- took so much time- I so appreciate that site!

Have a great weekend : ) The leaves are soooo pretty here- they are turning all colors- yellow, orange and bright red- I love this time of year!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2015, 07:32 PM   #90  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

What a frightening experience for your daughter, Shelly! I know she is in a lot of pain, but I am so glad she escaped without more serious injuries. Thank goodness for her buckled seatbelt.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2015, 05:35 AM   #91  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Monday morning - rushing a bit through the threads but wanted to stop in and say hi!

Shel, I read on another thread about your daughter but share prayers here, too - so glad she is okay!

I'm a bit frazzled these days ladies, and having a harder time than usual getting online, blogging etc ......... I will catch up soon but for now, have to prioritize a little bit and stop in only when I can. I'm still here though and hope I still have a space in this little group!

I also will have to rethink the 'Homemade Holidays" that I was planning for November - there are just too many irons in the fire, so to speak. I do thank you Kim and Lynn for jumping on board the idea - I'm blessed by both of you! ♥

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2015, 06:18 AM   #92  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Family and health always trump blogging, Kelly! Take the time you need to regroup and refresh. Your space is safe here.

I am fine with your decision about the Homemade Holidays as I look at the mountain of holiday projects and tasks staring at me from my desk. I must start today on 50 Christmas cards for a charity auction coming up in another couple of weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2015, 06:54 PM   #93  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello,
Lynn- that is alot of cards to create!!!

Kelly- I am with Lynn, Family and health trump blogging : )

I am heading to Iowa tomorrow to see Stephi. The car did get totaled, so we are going to be looking for a vehicle- she does not think she needs one- work is within walking distance, we'll see......

We have a murder Mystery party Friday nite, then I will head to Ky to see my parents for a few days. I have not been there since August. I am not sure how much blog hopping I will get done, but I do need to get around to comment, so will head there now!

Hugs to all
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2015, 07:27 AM   #94  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, I finally made it to my 50 holiday card goal. Today I am placing the sentiment inserts and packaging the cards with envelopes for Thursday's auction.

Today I am also waiting on a plumber to come replace my hot water heater. At least we caught it before it exploded all over the place and made a huge mess.

Shelly, hope the vehicle issue works out for Stephi and you had a great time at your parents.

Wishing everyone a blessed week! I can't believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #95  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Hi friends!

My blogging has been nonexistent for nearly a month. ..sorry.

The good news is that I was busy with some speaking events. The bad news is that my husband has had another episode of kidney stones. In fact, I am at the surgical center now. I brought my laptop so I may get some writing done.

Also, my mom fell last week, and broke her hip. She is in the hospital in SC. She was slated to be transferred to rehab today, but she is having a lot of dizziness. Hopefully, she will go tomorrow.

Even if I can't write, I will check out your blogs. I need to see pretty stuff! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #96  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I am so sorry that your family is dealing with these medical issues, Kim. One of the reasons I have moved close to my parents is that my mom fell and broke a hip and shoulder a few years ago. I hope that things turn around quickly for your husband and your mom. You all will be in my prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2015, 04:23 PM   #97  
Rubber Obsessor

Just stopping in to tell you all I'm thinking of you...I'm getting to your blogs regularly but I'm not as good checking in here and for that I'm sorry!

Lynn, I'm so impressed that you finished a whopping 50 cards. I still haven't started my Christmas cards...I feel like the sequel to the cobbler whose children have no shoes. I'm so wrapped up in challenges and blog hops and blogging (which I do enjoy), I don't have the time to make personal cards.

Kelly, I hope things calm down for you. I'm actually relieved you're not moving forward with the Homemade Holidays.

Shelly, I hope your daughter is feeling better these days. She was just so lucky as it could have been so much worse.

Ching, Hope all is well with you and that your're not working yourself into exhaustion!

Take care ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2015, 07:19 AM   #98  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, lovelies!

So happy to be home for a few hours -- my bible study has the flu! Yep, like 3 of them! So rescheduled and I'm having a ball getting a head start on the chores that keep getting neglected :/

Lynn, 50 cards! That's wonderful! I am sure they are going to be the loveliest in the mailbox, based on what I see on your blog. You have such a great eye for detail and reflecting 'real life' scenes ♥

Kim1 ~ blessing to your mom and hoping all goes well with the surgery and recovery!
My dh is prone to kidney stones - but he's managed to pass them all, no surgery. Not that it was pretty or anything! Whew!

Kim2 ~ YAY on projects and blogging! It is a wonderful and creative outlet. I'm glad you are having fun with crafting! I miss being able to craft/blog as much as I did. At one point, I think I just burned out. Now I just do my DT work and an occasional card here or there And thank you! I felt horrible about not being able to commit, but it's choatic. I don't know what I was thinking, but do have a few little projects planned with Boy Scouts and the Sunday school crowd. Super simple projects. This Saturday, ds and I are going pine cone pickin' for one of the projects. They are hard to come by here in South Florida.

Thinking good thoughts for Shelly and her daughter!! Did she make it to PT - she's feeling better?

Ching - hope things are nice and calm and work is treating you well!

Waving and sending hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2015, 05:44 PM   #99  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Waving hello- I have a sinus infection and am doing nothing tonight!

Had part 2 of a root canal this AM, went to ENT doc (have bad allergies) and then went to visit a friend that was just diagnosed with cancer (Pancreas, kidney and spot on his liver) and he threw a blood clot and had a stroke.....hard to see- he is just 61- young......

Not too chatty- sorry!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2015, 04:28 AM   #100  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I am so sorry, Shelly! Prayers for you and your dear friend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2015, 02:25 PM   #101  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Thanks Lynn! He moved to rehab for 2 weeks and then will start chemo Dec 4th...... He has Lt sided weakness, and they want to minimize that.

Hoping everyone had a fab weekend! I have been sorting and cleaning in my crafting room and wondering WHY on earth I keep buying more stuff.....Huge amounts of unused stamps- shame on me!!! I need to be on a design team of my own to use my old stuff!

We will probably send out pictures for Christmas, so I am not making too many cards......

Waving hello to everyone else.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #102  
Crimping Master

I'm alive!

My STUPID monitor died. I haven't been able to blog from my iPad for some reason. Likely just that I'm not very talented at using it. LOL. And of course, on my PC I have it set up so I can stay permanently logged in. But when I tried to post via my iPad it wanted my password, which I had forgotten. Grr.

So I'm back now. Posted my first card since August today.

Life has been busy. As soon as school was back in session in September, we started school closure consultations. It is wrapping up now. We'll be getting recommendations from our staff this coming week and then we'll vote in early December.

It's been rough.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #103  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalicoCat609View Post
Wow, a speaking engagement. How exciting. I don't think I have it in me to get up in front of a group of people and speak...I think only a squeak would come out.

I just found HYCCT when browsing the forums...going to check that out today and see what's going on.
I know this is an older convo but I have to share: TOASTMASTERS! I, too, thought I'd never be a public speaker. TM did wonders for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2015, 05:52 PM   #104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Tania- glad to see you back!

We are having our first snow- BIG fluffy flakes! The forecast is 2-10 inches...., so we'll see once we wake up tomorrow. It is supposed to be in the 50's next week by Thanksgiving.

I am working this weekend, so not much time to create until Sunday. My nephew is in a play this weekend, so we will go see him tomorrow night.

Have a great weekend.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2015, 08:32 PM   #105  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Computer problems can be a real pain! I am glad that you are back online and crafting, Tania. Things sound difficult at your school.

Snow!! How exciting, Shelly! The last time it snowed here on the Texas Gulf Coast was Christmas Eve 2004.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2015, 09:46 PM   #106  
Crimping Master

No snow here, yet. It's really, really cold though. I wish I didn't have to go out tomorrow, but I do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #107  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Hello ladies...

We got about 2-3 inches of snow today, but the ground was warm, so it's already slushy and messy. My husband was out putting some lights on the shrubs and in the yard, with one of his brothers. It was too wet for him to get up on the roof. He is having another surgery Monday, so he really wanted to get everything done before then. Oh well.

Welcome back Tania! Sorry to hear about the school issues...are you in a small rural area? We have had several small schools consolidate. Makes it tough for some families.

I'm looking for Christmas card mojo...anyone have some to spare?? ;)
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2015, 01:34 PM   #108  
Rubber Obsessor

Hey gang,
I hope I am on the correct thread now. All my bookmarks were for the original thread. That is where I must of posted my previous message. I cannot get back to it?! move on...

I ordered and received all my Christmas card project supplies. I have really gone overboard. This card is beautiful, but I didn't think about the work to assembly-line it. I want to make ten of them. (what was I thinking?) But my MO-JO is cooperating, and I am pleased with the self-discipline it requires. I need to SLOW down, and stop being in such a rush all the time.

Here is a picture of the card I am duplicating. Mine will be similar.
http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/im...cGuire-Ink.jpg

I will pop in again soon! Any one else assembly-lining a Christmas card? I would love to here about it!

A day without card-making is a dull day....
Designing Duos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2015, 02:13 PM   #109  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

You are in the right place, Cindy! This is where we landed when me made the updated blog roll.

That card is beautiful and I love the tri-fold design.

I am going to be working up an assembly-line card. It is a stripped down version of this card without the frilly layout and a scripture for the sentiment. I will make more of an effort to get that star straight this time!

Your husband is brave to get out in the cold and wet to get those lights up before his surgery, Kim! I am praying that all goes well for him!

Last edited by allee's; 11-21-2015 at 02:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2015, 04:14 PM   #110  
Crimping Master

Semi rural, I'd say, berylcee. But big urban centres like Vancouver are facing the same problems. We're underfunded.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #111  
Crimping Master

Gorgeous cards, Cindy & Lynn.

Today I helped out one of our school PACs (I think you call them PTAs in the US? Ours stands for Parent Advisory Council - same function as a PTA). Then I came home for lunch, relaxed, and went out.

Stopped at the stamp store to pick up a roll of washi she had on hold for me. Of course, since I had a credit I bought a bit more. Then I saw a class to sign up for so I ended up deciding, 'Eh, I may as well shop.' LOL.

Then a trip to the grocery store, then popped over to the rec centre. A friend who owns an online store was teaching a layout class there. Picked up some stuff she had for me.

Now I'm home, about to go watch Thursday's episode of Grey's Anatomy, then make a quick bite of dinner.

Will likely blog another card tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2015, 08:56 AM   #112  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy SONday!

Hoping to get inky while dh and little man are out hanging up the Christmas lights! No snow here *giggle* though I do wish it was in our forecast!

Finally got to order my Our Daily Bread Designs stamps from my blog hop win (their website was down) so I'm going to be stalking the mailman this week!

Happy pre-Thanksgiving to all - so much to do here!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2015, 05:49 PM   #113  
Crimping Master

Thanks for the comments on the cards, Kelly & Lynn.

I`m cold.

I just got home about 45 mins ago from a meeting. Dinner should be ready soon. I have people coming over in 45 mins.

School closure final recommendations from staff coming tomorrow.

Had a nice, low key weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2015, 06:21 PM   #114  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! We are headed to Ky on Wednesday, so I will be off line for a few days.

Don't eat toooooo much!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2015, 06:23 PM   #115  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, time really gets away from me...I can't believe I missed so much here!

Shelly, SNOW? I feel so close to all of you I keep forgetting we're all over the place. Our weather has been unseasonably warm until recently. It's been in the 30's one day and in the 60's the next. But no snow in our forecast in the near future. it sounds like you've been dealing with a lot of late...my thoughts are with you.

Tania, I never heard of Toastmasters. Glad it worked for you. I think I'll just keep to small groups ;-) Glad to hear your computer problems are in the past. Sounds like you had fun shopping!

Cindy, I saw that card and love it! Can't wait to see yours. You are sure ambitious!

Kelly, hope you're having fun getting inky!

Kim, your hubby is a real trooper to get those lights up with surgery pending.

Lynn, that's a pretty card you have in mind. I know it's going to be gorgeous when you're done with it.

I need to check in more frequently...I'm getting confused as to who did what when I'm down at the bottom of the page responding. If I got things wrong, sorry about that!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends.
Not cooking this year...so it's already a happy day ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2015, 08:11 PM   #116  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I just finished two icebox pies for Thursday and got them in the freezer. My mother and daddy do most of the cooking, but I live just two doors down from them and pick up the slack as needed. I will be doing cheesey potatoes and hot rolls this year. Between my son's family and my sister's boys and their families there will be about 15 here for Thanksgiving. We will spend the day eating and playing board/card games.

We also do wacky pictures for our annual Christmas scrapbook pages.

Safe travels to KY, Shelly!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Tania, and hoping for the best possible outcome. What a difficult thing to deal with during the holidays.

Lucky you, Kelly! I have a couple of items on my Our Daily Bread wish list. Maybe Santa will bring them for Christmas!

No cooking!! Good for you, Kim!

Praying for your husband today, Kim! I hope his surgery went well!

I hope Ching is doing well! I know her new job is probably keeping her beyond busy!

Hugs and best wishes for a very blessed Thanksgiving for you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2015, 04:57 PM   #117  
Mad Swapper

Hello everyone!! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

The new job is really taking up a lot of my time as you can imagine. They're joking that I practically live there since I'm putting in about 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week. I caught up on sleep and did some online shopping yesterday, and am so grateful for the 4 day weekend, but being in the hospitality industry, they're busy during a time when I'm used to it being down time. So far, I'm loving it and they seem to enjoy me.

Not a lot of free time for anything other than sleep. Doing a poor job at even staying current on personal maintenance like laundry, so yes, I've had to buy a few packs of new underwear on the fly. lol

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm dying to finally open and use all that new SU I feel like I just got (but now I'm reading they're already retiring? jeez, the holiday catalog just came out!). So hoping to get some crafting done as I'm behind on swaps and stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2015, 07:13 PM   #118  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if I could join your group? I looked through the others but they are either closed or no longer active.

It's been awhile since I was on the forum. Teaching took over my life. I've taken a year off and my desire to be creative has come back. I've been making cards and mini albums again. I'm even videoing a class on making 5 cards to put on Skillshare. Yikes!!

I'd love to be able to hang out here with other scrapbookers/cardmakers

Thanks!
Rhoda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2015, 04:36 AM   #119  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

How great to see you, Ching! I am so happy to hear that you are loving your new job and that they are loving you! I am laughing about the laundry because I have found myself there a time or two in my lifetime!

Having a pile of new crafting goodies and no time to play can be torture!

Enjoy your long weekend. I hope you use it to recharge and refresh!

Hi and welcome, Rhoda! We are still open to a blogger or two who want to get active and you can certainly chat with us here and on our blogs. We are not an overly chatty bunch but most of us drop in on a fairly regular basis to touch base with each other.

Ladies, I am adding Rhoda's blog to the blog roll on page one. Please drop by her blog and welcome her to the Creative Card Makin' Chicks.

Here is the link, as well: Rhoda Design Studio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2015, 06:17 AM   #120  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
Hi and welcome, Rhoda!
Here is the link, as well: Rhoda Design Studio
Awesome! Thank you I'm excited to start making cards more and having other card-makers and scrapbookers to chat with!
Reply With Quote Likes