Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChingView Post
Kim, I've got LOTS of free time on my hands now. The other half is feeling better, I've been scouring job listings on a few sites, and am retweaking my resume again. I'm soo ready for stability in life. There doesn't seem to be a lack of jobs in LA, it's more of it being the right fit for me is more my concern, i.e. management and organization philosophy, company values, etc. So I'm very hopeful and positive.

I do hope that plug in info was helpful. I've seen wordpress blog rolls formatted to show most updated blog posts before, so it just MUST be possible. I have an OCD nature, so something like that would drive me nuts that I'd actually stay up and work all through the night to figure it out to fix it, lol.

It took a long while for me to figure out how to do things on my own blog including writing code, digital scrapping, making my own graphics, etc. in previous renditions. Currently, I'm using a clean free template and I've made some custom tweaks to the code template. But I certainly remember a few long nights many years ago in which I learned so much about blogger and html coding.

Gosh, if you happen to have any extra cards you'd like to donate, I'd so appreciate it!! Every month, I contribute a minimum of 10 cards to various SCS hostesses around the country so that we support as many RMH houses nationally. I'm assigned RMH for the Pasadena location since I live in LA, and my month is January 2016 so in the coming months, I should be receiving lots of packaged contributions in return. I just received a packet of 15 cards the other day, so with Lynn's 162, that's 177 cards collected so far for Pasadena RMH. Here's the thread for those of us participating/hostessing for this ongoing cause: NEW & OPEN-Ronald McDonald-House of the Month Swap-Adopt a house or just send cards! by janiekay at Splitcoaststampers
Ching! You must think me terribly rude for not responding to this. I thought if I posted under this thread any new posts would appear in my e-mail.

I hear what you're saying...the right job is all important. That brings to mind the quote, "If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life". My hope is that is exactly what you will find! Your' positive attitude is all important.

I tried following the information you sent me. Alas, it is over my head. As much as I tried, I failed as much. So here's what I do...Lynn is the first of our blogs listed on my blog. I go to hers and then link from there. Thanks, Lynn!

I'll get my act together and send out cards soon.
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Aw , girls - you are so welcome, I'm glad I was able to assist! The mods taught me so it's nice to pass it along

Kim, I just LOL'd at the story on your blog -- my friend (Elsye, pronounced AH-LEASE) would day dream in class. The teacher's would be talking and say at least and she wold jump up 'Yes! I was listening!" to get a quizzical look from the teacher - LOL!! Clear as day she WASN'T paying attention, lol!

Didn't get my craft on today but got some prep work done for the Wednesday birthday party! Boy Scouts starts tomorrow after school so I had much to do!

*Scattering hugs!*
That's a great story, Kel. I will definitely have to share that with my friend Allison who to me the Ahmed story. She will love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Checking in and wishing everyone hugs and good stuff!

Kim, those FTHS are the cutest - I used to play in their challenges and ran out of time each month - here's to trying again ;) Did you know about Deedee's digis, too? I used to DT for her, one of the sweetest ladies! She has a monthly progressive challenge as well - and her digis are darling!!!! Deedee's Digis: Digi of the Month Progressive Challenge Rules

Hugs!
No, I haven't heard of that but I will be sure to check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Ching, No no! I'm so sorry to hear about everything happening in your corner of the world. I so wish there was something I could do to help ease your burden right now. Life can sure throw curves at us, can't it?

You will be in my thoughts and prayers for good news on the job front for both you and your boy friend!

Hugs, my friend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2015, 06:41 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

Ching, I'm so sorry to hear all you're going through. My thought will be with you and I will pray you and your boyfriend will both find jobs you love very soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2015, 06:58 AM   #46  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,015 Likes on 869 Posts
Default Hi!

Hello ladies
Checking in- have been busy! Both of the girls have their furniture moved, we got Stephi moved to Dubuque, Iowa. The house is q-u-i-e-t!
I had a virus last week- dizzy, stuffy and exhausted! I spent a couple of days just sleeping all day or staring into space,,,,,

Ching- I pray the right job will come along for you and your BF, and that the tension where you live will be as minimal as possible!

Kelly- congrats to your talented kids- so fun to share in all of the kids activities with you in blogging world! And, the drive to hubby's office- that is terrible! That is alot of time in the car.....

Lynn- did not think about the jobs in Texas with the oil industry- I always think oil out West for some reason. My nephew that was in San Antionio lost his job and is headed back home to Illinois....... We probably have people around here out of work that I am oblivious to.....

Kim- I love seeing how faithful you are to that challenge as well- I try different challenges, and feel like the variety is fun for me to try different things on my cards- that is why I always seem to create closer to when my cards are do- so driven by challenges!

Off to get ready for church !

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #47  
Mad Swapper

Hi Ladies!! I'm sorry I haven't been around. As you can imagine, my focus has been shifted elsewhere the past week. Just wanted to let you know that I've set my blog settings to private temporarily so you will most likely get an error message if you visit. I haven't been crafting anyway so nothing new to share.

Ahh, interviewing. First one in a looong time later this afternoon, so I have set my expectations low and will just be glad for the experience. It's been more than a decade PLUS since I've been on the OTHER side of the interview.

Hope all is well with everyone. I hope to check in with the annual Hope You Can Cling to monthly challenge that starts on my birthday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2015, 10:53 AM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

Just checked in to say hello...just finished commenting on the blogs with current postings. You ladies do some amazing work!

Have been battling terrible allergies this week and have been doing nothing but being a lump on the couch over the weekend. Hope whatever is getting to me dies off shortly.

Shelly...quiet houses are such a mixed blessing. You're happy for your daughters that they're moving on in life but it's hard not to have them around you. Hope you're feeling better.

Kelly...I did share your story with my friend Allison and she loved it. She said it was actually better than hers!

Ching...it looks like I have a stuttering problem. I replied to your news about your boy friend losing his job and didn't see it, so I wrote another one. So they essentially say the same thing...I checked but don't see a way to delete a post. Good luck on your interview!

To those of you who have been commenting on my blog, I want you to know how much I really appreciate it. It's so nice to sign on and actually see someone has left a comment.

I have a question for you...I always answer every comment with a minimum of a thank you. On the flip side, when I comment I never subscribe to the comment as I don't want to clog up my e-mail with other comments so even if the blogger responded, I wouldn't know.

So my question...actually two questions:

Do you reply to the comments on your blog?

Do you subscribe when you comment or go back to check on it?

More a curious question than anything else.

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #49  
Mad Swapper

No worries Kim. I usually don't comment on blog comments unless there's a specific question. I just make it a point to go comment on THEIR blog. I don't subscribe etc as I have enough coming in all my email boxes. I just check the comments aggregate tab every few days.

Thank you everyone for all your well wishes! I'm on a really good emotional plane as I start this journey, again. I know it's really about the right mutual fit. I'm too old and been there too many times to want to be at a place I'm not happy or passionate about. Life's too short to be miserable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2015, 05:19 AM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

AMEN to that, Ching! I'm sorry things are a struggle but you have a great, positive outlook and that, my friend, gets us far! I do hope things work out for the best and just keep striving forward positively in this journey of life ♥

It's the same ol' same ol' here, trying to keep up with the kids and all this commuting - I keep falling behind online (blogging, threads, etc!) so I hope I can continue to juggle it all. I have Book Club and Bible Study which started up again last month added on to the already 'too full' plate!

So I'll wave to all and wish you a happy day!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2015, 06:53 PM   #51  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Hey everyone...

trying to prep for my speaking events this weekend...posted my HYCCT hostess samples (it all starts TOMORROW!)...

my head is spinning a bit.

{{{HUGS}}}to everyone, especially Ching. Hope you find a good and fulfilling job soon.
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2015, 07:54 AM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, a speaking engagement. How exciting. I don't think I have it in me to get up in front of a group of people and speak...I think only a squeak would come out.

I just found HYCCT when browsing the forums...going to check that out today and see what's going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2015, 08:05 AM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all - wandering through while i'm home to say hi!

Kim, the HYCCT is amazing - you can do as little, or as much, as you are comforable with! It's every day they encourage you to stamp and get inky - it's amazing! Me, I'm just lucky to get inky once a week!!

I've been feeling super BLAH - thought it was the running around back and forth more than an Uber driver with the kids, schools, etc but I definitely need to get in to the Dr. I have Hashimotos, and just feel AWFUL. Like every day. I think some blood drawing and closer looking is in order - I'm used to tired, I'm used to running on empty, and realize eventually it catches up, lol, but this just feels different.

Hope to get to the blogs to see what ya'll have been up to later on today - hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2015, 10:03 AM   #54  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

In case you want to know more about HYCCT...

Welcome to Hope You Can Cling To 2015 by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2015, 09:37 AM   #55  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ladies! Happy Hour with the girlfriends tonight - woohoo! I'm not a drinker but I'm looking foward to the fun night out

My daughter just left for Orlando for a girl's trip - praying all goes well, of course, and she WAS going to go away to college so I can't stress about it too much.

Cleaned the house today from TOP to BOTTOM - now I joke that the kids have to stay out on the porch until Monday, hee hee!

Okay, I want to toss something out that I'm going to do and see if I can get any takers! I'm going to do a 2-3 day (or so!) segment about making Christmas gifts - either DIY for family, friends, church folks, neighbors - those in need. It will be VERY simple, things that we can make and showcase! I know times are tough for many, and gift giving, esp at the holidays, is a nightmare, even a heartbreak for many. So how about we make a few things, simple and easy but lovely, to showcase how to get through the holidays? I'm calling it Handmade Christmas!
No deets yet, but I'd like to start before December (sometime in mid-Nov) since it's WAY busy during December (especially for me, as ALL THREE of my daughters were born in December!! :shock::p) What do you girls think of the idea? Anyone interested to jump on board?

(for example, I made these out of empty mason jars: Pumpkins! Of course, we'd think of gifts they could use year round - like this beautiful photo block. I made this memories frame for my daughter last year for all her concert/movie tickets (this one is not mine, but similiar!)

What do you lovelies think? And if you want to invite your friends to join in, just let me know - we'll get a blog hop going or something

Hugs for all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6356046f6073bb5f264dc3e5fdac3042.jpg (71.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0192mem.jpg (39.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg f5906367d1d576d0422ac951fde51cfd.jpg (55.9 KB, 2 views)

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

Ladies, things are going well on my end. Phone interviews and in person interviews are happening fast and furious. Still in a very positive and strong place mentally and emotionally. I think that really helps. My other half is going through all the gamuts of emotions I'm afraid, so we're trying to support each other as much as possible. He's decided to take the month off which I think is a really good idea. Good time for him to refresh himself before finding his next venture.

Yesterday was my birthday so we had a wonderful day doing what I love best, which is exploring Downtown LA on foot and metro. Popped into one of the newest museums via will call, checked out panoramic view of our city on the roof top, and got to dine in a hotly anticipated grand opening of a renovated historic diner. I'm definitely not 21 anymore. All of that pooped me out and we were both ready for nap by the time we got home. haha. We may have just walked 3-4 miles on foot and was only gone for 4 hours. It's an excellent eye opener for me since I need to start training for a half marathon that I've signed up for in the Spring.

Kim, definitely planning on playing along with the Cling challenges. I was hoping to be a hostess but decided to bow out since I wasn't sure how much time I'd have to dedicate to it.

We're leaving town this weekend for a trip up the coast in central california to see his family. I think he needs to regroup with his family. So definitely planning on packing some crafting supplies.

I left some praise on everyone's blogs 2 days ago so planning on visiting everyone's blogs now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2015, 02:14 PM   #57  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Kim, I generally don't post replies to the comments on my blog unless someone asks me a specific question. I don't know of anyone who comes back to check for a reply otherwise and most don't want to be bothered with additional emails. I do come back and read yours just because I know you generally make one. That is very sweet of you!

Kim, best wishes with your speaking engagements. I know they are helpful and encouraging to those who attend. And, yes, I plan to do all the HYCCT challenges again this year and will keep my eyes peeled for yours!

Kelly, I am so sorry to hear of your health struggles especially since I am in almost the same exact boat paddling as fast as I can. I hope we both have luck in working out the magic formula to get back on track. Your Christmas gift blog hop sounds like a lot of fun! What cute ideas you have shared here! You could probably twist my arm to do at least one or two!

Shelly, I hope your virus is behind you now and you are feeling much stronger.

Ching, it is great to hear that your interviews are clicking along and you are feeling positive about your hunt. I know it will help your boyfriend to take this much needed break to regroup and recharge for the search ahead. I am so glad you are getting out together and doing a little traveling. A change of scenery always gives me a lift. I'll watch for your cards to come through the HYCCT challenges!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #58  
Rubber Obsessor

Kelly, I would be willing to make something...I just have to figure out what it would be. Each year, I make little trinket gifts to hand out to waitresses, cashiers, etc. Like lip balm, sanitizer, mints, etc. Would something like that work? If so, I could do that at a minimum and work on finding something else as well. I just thought of something else I can do as well...yup, I'm in!

Ching, Happy Birthday! So glad you did something you really enjoyed. It sounds like a marvelous day! Half Marathon! You Go Girl!

Hope those I didn't mention specifically by name are doing well.

For all, have a great weekend and I hope you have a play day planned for WCMD on the 3rd.

Lynn, Thanks for giving me your thoughts about comments. I think eventually I will stop responding to all as I know most don't come back (and I thank you for doing so). There's a new option available to me now on WordPress...I can "like" a comment and I may just start doing that. Ching made a good point when she said she just comments on their blog as well as they would appreciate that more than a reply if they are posing no question.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #59  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hello- I was MIA this weekend, I went with some crafty friends to a retreat in scenic Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. There were many crafty themes, needlepoint, crochet, bead making, painting, scrapping and stamping.
I won 2 prizes- an expanding CTMH paper expandable paper organizer- which I immediately filled up with my cardstock and digi's.... and a weekend (Christian) retreat which is valued at $450 or so....! I had a really nice time and could have stayed another week...- well, not really. I took my Cameo to get to know it better, but stamped more than playing with it. One of my fellow crafters was so smitten by it, she decided she may need to buy an electronic cutting machine.

Ching- Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like a fun day : ) Glad you are relaxed and your Attitude will be a positive influx on your BF! Have a great trip, and enjoy your BF's family! I tried to stop at your blog and got a you do not have permission rule.

Kim- I do not go back and check if people leave comments on my comments on their blogs- I leave too many comments in a month......and, I have such a long feed, I usually go down my sidebar once a week- I cannot keep up with daily or every other day comments...... Hope your allergies are better. Mine are awful!

I volunteered to Hostess for HYCCT, and did not hear back, so I sent a message- not needed. Oh well, I will make a few cards, mine will go to RMH, although we do have a big cancer center associated with the hospital, and I bet they take donations- will check it out

Kelly- hope your doc gets to the bottom of your tiredness- sounds a little scary in combo with your anemia as well.

Lynn- hope you are felling better as well.

Kim- how did your speaking event go???

Have a great week- getting cooler here.......soup and chili weather!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2015, 06:48 AM   #60  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls!

Ladies, if you could think good thoughts for my daughter - dh just took (rushed!) her off to the dr as she was doubled over in pain. She has an incredibly HIGH tolerance for pain, so for her to complain at all is rare and, of course, we are worried. It started in her lower back and is moving to the right side - we thought maybe a kidney stone, but she's only 20 - which is kinda young. She NEVER complains, so this is a bit worrisome!

Lynn, I hear you sister - it's tough to feel yucky and icky and sometimes not know why. Prayers for you!

And YAY, Lynn and Kim - thank you for being on board with the Handmade Christmas! It will be easy breasy - nothing too over the top and scary, lol. I'll get a date this week and I'm planning probs mid-November so that people can use after thanksgiving to create or take advantage of sales for things they may need to make what you make! I'm looking forward to it.

Glad things are looking up for you, Ching - baby steps. Sometimes it is all about the timing and the right connections, both of which I think will lend you favor - keep us posted!

Shelly, woohoo on the wins! That will be a wonderful retreat!!!

*Waving to all*

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2015, 11:24 AM   #61  
Mad Swapper

Kelly, hope your daughter is ok. I hope it's something as minor as just something she ate but it sounds like it could be appendicitis at the worse? Either way, I know you and your hubby must be incredibly anxious and worried. Keep us updated on her progress.

I managed to pack a few crafty things in the car on our way up so I hope to get to a few projects completed in addition to another version of my resume done. It's wonderful to come up during the week as the hotel is practically empty. We're headed out to visit my other half's family in a bit.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #62  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Dropping in to say hello! Hope you are all well.

Kelly- hope your daughter is OK.
And, Ching- have a fab trip : )

My daughter will be home tomorrow PM- she is running the Chicago marathon on Sunday : ) I am very excited, cept we have to get up at 5AM to get there,......

Waving hello to everyone!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2015, 07:13 AM   #63  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning all ~

WIsh I could have slept in! This mama is tired ......

Daughter is home from the hospital. They discharged her and sent her home without even having a concrete answer, but that's the way of it sometimes. We know what it isn't, just not 100% sure what it IS .... so that's half the battle. She's resting and fever is going down so whatever it is, might be leaving - at least we hope!

Crafting went out the window, that's for sure!
I'll try to hop to the blogs today.

Shelly, best wishes to your daughter in the marathon! And Ching, happy travels ♥

Waving to everyone!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2015, 06:33 PM   #64  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Dropping in to say Hello- had a great day at the Chicago Marathon today- Stephi ran well. It is very well organized and we had alot of fun. My older daughter (Katie) made some cute posters for us to hold up- Stephi did not see us at all, but loved seeing them at the end of the race- we took pics with Stephi holding them.

Nothing else new- working and cheering on the Chicago Cubs : )

Hugs to all

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2015, 06:18 AM   #65  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello! Just wanted to touch base before I go off to check everyone's blogs.

Yesterday was just gorgeous and we spent the day at Milestone Equine Rescue for their open house. We are big horse lovers, but have no land (not to mention money) to own one. Milestone is the next best thing as they rescue horses from neglect, auction...or worse. You can help by sponsoring a horse and they send you monthly updates.

Kelly, how is your daughter feeling? I'm glad they didn't find anything, but I would guess that's not totally comforting for you.

Shelly, you must be so proud of Stephi! It was fantastic you were all there to cheer her on!

Ching, if you're still away, hope you're having a marvelous time!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #66  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, what excitement to be in Chicago cheering on your daughter's marathon run. I am happy to hear that she ran well!

Kelly, I know you are glad to have your daughter home but I also know it is worrisome not to get needed answers. I hope she continues to feel better with no return of her pain or symptoms.

Kim, my youngest granddaughter volunteers with a horse therapy group and finds it very rewarding. She was raised a city girl but really has enjoyed her time working with the kids and the horses.

Ching, I hope you celebrated your birthday in style and that you are enjoying your travels.

This Friday I am headed to my youngest granddaughter's football game to see her band performance. She is a senior and co-captain of the drum line. She lives about an hour and a half away so I usually get in three or four games each season.

So far I have kept up with all the HYCCT challenges and will put my first package of cards in the mail tomorrow headed for MD Anderson.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2015, 06:53 PM   #67  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi friends!

I planned a post for Sunday to coordinate with my HYCCT challenge, but it didn't happen. I have been very distracted by my beloved Chicago Cubs in the playoffs! They won again tonight, over our arch rivals, St Louis Cardinals (my husband's team!)

Any way, I plan to visit blogs tomorrow, as well as make a post myself.

Nighty-night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2015, 08:04 PM   #68  
Mad Swapper

So glad to hear your daughter is safely home Kelly. What a bummer to not know what it was that caused her so much pain.

We had a lovely time in Central California on the Coast last week. It was a much needed escape from reality back at home.

Just got around to visiting everyone's blog to leave praise. You all have been soo busy!! FYI, Kelly, check the left side blog width setting on your blog. It looks to be too narrow and it's messing up recent blog post lines about half way down your blog on left side.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm pulling out the materials to come up with a sympathy card for a family friend who just lost his mother. So I hope to mail that out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2015, 05:56 AM   #69  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning, all!

Yikes Ching! I'll have to go take a look- I was tinkering with the template this weekend and might have joggled something. I did peek at it yesterday and the cards were HUGE!!!!!!!! They are normally smaller, so I think my settings are off - thanks for the nudge to go look!

Glad you had a wonderful time and a relaxing bit of escape - we call those mental health days! There were days I'd take my book to the beach alone (15 minutes from our house), plop myself under a palm tree with shade while the kids were at school and just be at one with the universe, lean my head back and just breath in the salty sea air, or read Bliss ♥

Lynn, I hope you had a great time at the granddaughter's game! Is she hoping to continue band in college?

Shel, woohoo on the race and her accomplishments! I must be thinking of your other daughter that runs in marathons if this was Katie's first race. Maybe one day they can run together! And many congratulations to your son on his engagement - what wonderful news!

DD is going to the Dr - again - in about an hour and said all labs, tests, cultures, etc are all in and mostly normal, nothing out of range - truly baffling . She is still not well, and someone is missing something somewhere. Frustrating indeed, but we are holding onto the mantra that no news is good news - we know it's nothing like all the things you never want it to be, so we're counting our blessings not our troubles.

Hugs to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #70  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hoping you got some answers today, Kelly. Hugs to your daughter. It's tough to hang in there when you don't know what direction to head.

No, my granddaughter will not continue band in college.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2015, 07:21 PM   #71  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Dropping in before the weekend comes- I am going to Colorado for a week on Friday to visit my son. He is the one that is newly engaged.

No Kelly- the younger one- Stephanie- is the one that ran the marathon. She is way too fast to run with the others- Ray and Katie may do a marathon one day, but at a much slower pace than Stephi...... She sis the 26.2 miles in 3 hrs 14 minutes : )

Hope they get some answers for your daughter- so frustrating!

Ching- glad you had a great B-day and a wonderful trip! I tried to go by your blog and it is still locked. Hope the job search is going well.

Lynn- that is a long way for a game, but how fun! Do you make it a sleepover visit, or head home the same night? Kudo's to you for finishing all of the challenges so far. I am up to a whopping 2 now...... Probably will not get much done going out of town...not sure what I will bring along- flying, so will be limited.....

Kim- Oh yes- GO CUBS!!! My husband is SOOOOO into it- I watch the games and get excited, but he is in Playoff Heaven!

Wow- that is soooo cool to have a horse rescue where you can go and invest in a horse and support in that way. Awesome!

Waving hello to all, and I will try to Blog Hop while I am gone- no promises though, we will be busy hiking/rafting and landscaping : )

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2015, 08:17 PM   #72  
Mad Swapper

Shelly, thanks for checking on my blog. I've locked a lot of my online and social media presence during the job search. So for now, I'll just make my rounds with you all.

Kelly, I'll keep thinking positive thoughts for your daughter.

Lynn, you are a generous lady. The center will be thrilled with an early package of your gorgeous cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2015, 11:45 AM   #73  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ladies - this weekend has been non stop! Squeezed in some coloring at my daughter's All-State judging - LOL! Got a look or two but hey, if I'm going to sit for 2 hours in one place, I better have markers, images and a coffee in my hands!

I'd appreciate your vote if you have a few minutes to spare! On my blog, I have a pinkish colored image and a green/teal - which do you like better? I cannot decide - a prize pack is included for one randomly drawn winner that casts a vote as a thank you

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2015, 03:43 PM   #74  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone! Just stopping in to let you know I'm think of you all and keeping tabs by checking in her periodically.

Ching, so glad you had a great time away and got the opportunity to unwind a bit.

Kelly, I'm really hoping they can figure out what's happening. Also, I voted on your blog as asked...hard choice.

I hope everyone enjoys the balance of their weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2015, 11:06 PM   #75  
Mad Swapper

Ladies, I'm so happy to share that I received an offer this past Friday morning and I'm starting this coming Tuesday. Also, my new nephew had to be forced out because he was too stubborn by not turning into correct position, lol, so he arrived very early Friday morning as well. It's been a hectic 48 hours as I've been on school drop off / pick up, chauffering both grandmas back and forth from hospital, attending memorial service, helping a friend out at a food event for his food cart, returning texts and calls from past coworkers/bosses regarding them informing me they were called to give me a reference, etc. It feels good to have had to cancel 3 additional interview appointments I had.

Just to play it safe, I'm going to wait tiil the end of October before I open up my blog again to make sure all employment screenings aka social media sweeps are all complete.

So excited to finally have stability again. And my work commute is only 15 minutes each way. Geez...that alone is priceless living in LA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2015, 04:26 PM   #76  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations, Ching! I had a feeling that someone sharp would be snapping you up quickly!! Well done, you!! There are places in my tiny town that it takes 15 minutes to reach! How awesome!

And a new nephew, to boot! Sounds like a week of double celebrations in your household!

Kim, that adorable pup arrived at my house yesterday! Thank you so much! I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2015, 04:47 PM   #77  
Rubber Obsessor

Ching, I'm so excited for you! A new job (and only 15 minutes away) a new nephew! And exhausted just reading everything you've been up to these last few days!

Lynn, I'm glad it reached you and I'm glad you like it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2015, 06:28 PM   #78  
Mad Swapper

Thanks Lynn and Kim Had an awesome first day of work today. Haha, also just got a copy of my background report, so I think all scrutiny is done. Time to open my blog up again. I just so wish it wasn't automatically tied to my google plus account/email address. I so hate google for that.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day. It's hump day tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2015, 08:24 PM   #79  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hello to all.

We are enjoying our time in Colorado. My son has a raft that he does alot of whitewater rafting with, and took us out on Saturday for a trip. I think rafting is not all that safe and with my neck/back issues, I was surprised I wanted to go at all! But it was really fun, I did get thrown off my seat and fell back on my son, bottom landed on the floor of the raft, but it was OK- no lasting issue (thankfully). We went through a series of rapids and Sock-it-to-me was the one that threw me off. The company Chris raft guides for was there with two rafts, one had a gentleman fall off there, and the other had a lady (she looked 65-70 ish) wham her face on her husband's head, and broke her nose.

We have done fix it stuff at the house- and painted the main room in the guest house where we are staying. Prior owner did not give the place too much loving, so it needs a bit of this and that. One more day tomorrow, then heading home Thursday. Working Friday, have a dinner Friday note, working Saturday....looking forward to Sunday!

Ching- Congrats on the job and the new job! So awesome for you. I stopped by your blog earlier and it was still locked yet.

Kim- what the heck- the Cubbies are showing their youth in the playoffs- boo! We have to stream the game thru Comcast- so just uses an antenna- they do not watch much TV....... and it is delayed- so the texts are going crazy with plays, and we would see them a minute or two later......

Kelly- were you at an event where your daughter was the judge? Or, was she being judged? Good for you to get something done in the waiting time!

Kim- Congrats on being a Fav of the week at SCS- how fun!

OK- off to bed- I am working on getting thru blogs- Not very quickly, but hope to make it thru the list by tomorrow afternoon!

Hugs
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2015, 11:31 PM   #80  
Mad Swapper

Hello ladies, end of my 2nd day at work and it was a 12 hour day. I'm sorry I haven't been commenting on everyone else's news, but I will get caught up hopefully this weekend.

Also brought some work home and now I need to go whittle down my SU wish list to send my order to my Demo in time for the 15% off sale before tomorrow comes and goes since it ends tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes