Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #1041  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I understand that but a fraudulent charge can affect payments other than that charge. If someone paid a bunch of bills and then someone did a fraudulent charge before all the of the payments cleared, some payments can bounce. This can all happen within hours of a bad charge. There are times of the year we have a big balance in our checking account (we farm so we get the bulk of our income in 2 months of the year) and it's just too risky. We have a debit card for our HSA because we have no choice so I just have to keep a close eye on that account. Even if there's fraud, bounced payments don't look good to your creditors.
Out of the two times My cards were compromised locally, my bank closed my accounts before any charges were processed.

Regarding payments for bills with a debit or credit, I personally do not process any payments with direct withdrawal. No way am I going to give any company not even my mortgage company open access to withdrawal from my accounts.

The few direct payments I do are either on online monthly( without acct info held) or payments over the phone(which are free).

I will not let any company direct withdrawal from my account. I will start to write out checks again. Maybe this is what we all should do. Then maybe the U.S. Post Office could get out of the rears. Well now that is a whole other thread now, isn't.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #1042  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post

Regarding payments for bills with a debit or credit, I personally do not process any payments with direct withdrawal. No way am I going to give any company not even my mortgage company open access to withdrawal from my accounts.

I will not let any company direct withdrawal from my account. I will start to write out checks again. Maybe this is what we all should do. Then maybe the U.S. Post Office could get out of the rears. Well now that is a whole other thread now, isn't.
Even writing a check is not safe . I recently discovered that companies who process checks electronically STORE our checking account bank routing numbers.

I bought a few things after Christmas at Walgreens . When I got home one thing would not fit where I wanted it so I immediately took it back to the store . I expected they would give me a store credit like Hobby Lobby does if you wrote a check. but didn't wait 10 days to return something.

The clerk at Walgreens said she would " refund it back to the check I wrote earlier" I said " I am not going to give you or anyone my checking account bank number " She casually said . "We already have it " I was shocked and said " You STORE our checking account numbers?? " She said all places that process checks electronically store the check/ bank numbers! . I said, " What if a hacker gets into the Walgreens data base? They will have all of our credit card AND checking account numbers." She just shrugged her shoulders .

I never gave her my checking account number yet she refunded it back to the check number I had written earlier that day by putting in the receipt number from the purchase and gave me a receipt for the return. When I got my bank statement the check "amount" had been revised.

It appears the only thing safe from hackers is cash.

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 03-10-2015 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 04:12 AM   #1043  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Barbara, that is just crazy. I process payments we get electronically and don't "keep" the information. I couldn't refund back to a checking account if I wanted to.
We are not a retail store, but a worldwide distributor, so maybe that is the difference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 04:47 AM   #1044  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
Barbara, that is just crazy. I process payments we get electronically and don't "keep" the information. I couldn't refund back to a checking account if I wanted to.
We are not a retail store, but a worldwide distributor, so maybe that is the difference.
Giving someone your checking account number and routing number is 100% harmless. Think about it, when you hand someone a check you are handing them your account number and routing number as they are both printed right on the check! They can not remove a dime from your account without providing additional information. I know this for a fact. I own my own business and have some overseas clients that pay by directly transferring funds from their bank account to mine. It's completely safe, in fact in Europe it's the most common way of making payments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 04:56 AM   #1045  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
There's no way I'd own a debit card, much less use one online. Yes, there are protections but you could have bounced payments before you even know your card is compromised. At least with a credit card, you aren't out any money at any point. I know people who have had debit card fraud that caused their mortgage, car pmt, etc to bounce. Sure, their bank fixed it financially but they weren't happy that they suddenly had a black mark with the finance companies.

I agree with getting a prepaid credit card. There may be fees but I don't think they're very high. Or if you know someone that uses paypal you could send them a check and they could pay for it for you.
There really is a lot of misinformation floating around. I have both a debit card from my bank and from Paypal and have never had a single issue. My bank debit card was compromised last year (someone got the number somehow and tried to charge $5,000 at a Target 100 miles away) but I didn't lose a dime because the bank flagged it as being suspicious and called me to verify. Of course I said it was fraudulent, they denied it, end of story. That's what should happen.

Even if someone has a bank that is not as diligent as mine, you still have protection and are not liable for any fraudulent charges over $50 or so. If a fraudulent charge is allowed to go through, in most cases the bank will waive any overdraft fees and work with you to make things right with any creditor whose payment did not go through. Most banks these days have systems in place to flag suspicious transactions before they get that far though.

My husband was unlucky enough to have his debit card compromised in the big Michaels data breach back in December of 2013. The bank flagged the fraudulent charges and issued him a new card before he even realized something had happened! We also had no overdraft issues and lost no money.

Sorry this is so long, just wanted to reassure people that debit cards are not evil.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 05:01 AM   #1046  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlFridayView Post
Giving someone your checking account number and routing number is 100% harmless. Think about it, when you hand someone a check you are handing them your account number and routing number as they are both printed right on the check! They can not remove a dime from your account without providing additional information. I know this for a fact. I own my own business and have some overseas clients that pay by directly transferring funds from their bank account to mine. It's completely safe, in fact in Europe it's the most common way of making payments.
I don't know why this board doesn't let us edit our posts...kind of frustrating when you mess up like I just did. :rolleyes: Oops!

I neglected to add that in order for my clients to transfer payment from their bank account to mine I have to give them my account number and routing number, and my bank says it's perfectly safe-if it wasn't they wouldn't be printed right on our checks for everyone to see. I've never had a single problem with it and I've been doing it for my overseas clients for years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 05:16 AM   #1047  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

My Mom doesn't shop online and doesn't have a debit card and her checking account got hacked. Everyone is at risk unless you live completely off the grid in a cave. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 07:44 AM   #1048  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I shop online, use a debit card for local purchases and online purchases, haven't had a checkbook or checks for over seven years, pay half of my bills through automatic withdrawals, the other half online. So far I've made it safely through security breaches at Target, Michaels, and Home Depot, and had my JC Penney card replaced pro-actively by the store because something suspicious apparently happened. My apartment complex charges me $10 to pay with a debit card, so I march my happy tush down to the grocery store and pay 70 cents for a money order - which I pay for with my debit card.

Maybe I'm just a Pollyanna, but I'm throwing something out there for consideration: I truly believe that what we focus on expands and that we attract what we fear. When my husband and I first started hanging out (before we were married), I noticed that he was kind of pessimistic. I called him on it and he said, "If you expect the worst and good things happen, it's a nice surprise". I was completely dumbfounded and responded with, "I'd rather go through life happy with a few miserable surprises, than miserable with a few happy ones." He's better now...

Please understand - I am NOT trying to say that those who have had bad experiences brought them on themselves or deserved them or whatever. What I AM trying to say is that life gets a whole lot happier (and rewarding and abundant) when we focus on what's right instead of what's wrong...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 08:07 AM   #1049  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We all have a different level of risk aversion, right? I can't imagine my life without my plastic, debit and CC both, but am aware of people who won't use plastic for a whole host of reasons. Personally, I'm somewhat cautious with how much and where my personal info goes out on the web, but can't imagine a life without some degree of online banking and shopping. But honestly? Can we let this go already and get back to chatting about the MISTI?

ETA: not meaning to be rude, just keep coming to see new posts about the MISTI and looking forward to hearing and learning about what people are up to as they play with theirs. again, sorry if I've offended.

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 03-11-2015 at 08:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 08:28 AM   #1050  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ordered my MISTI yesterday... can't wait for it to arrive

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 08:43 AM   #1051  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Still on the fence here.

My question is....Is everyone going to unmount all their stamps to use the MISTI??

I just can't see unmounting all my wood stamps or unmounting as I need. Or does everyone have more cling/photopolymer stamps than wood, so this is not an issue???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 08:46 AM   #1052  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I won't be unmounting my stamps to use with my MISTI (although I have been tempted) but I will be purchasing clear and photopolymer in the future. I LOVE MY MISTI!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 09:08 AM   #1053  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Still on the fence here.

My question is....Is everyone going to unmount all their stamps to use the MISTI??

I just can't see unmounting all my wood stamps or unmounting as I need. Or does everyone have more cling/photopolymer stamps than wood, so this is not an issue???
I have unmounted some, but by no means all of my wood mounted stamps. I may do some additional unmounting of those that the MISTI will help with though - like the two step stamps, and some of the solid ones. Those I get frustrated with trying to get a good image on the wood mount. Almost all of my current purchases are already unmounted stamps.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 09:13 AM   #1054  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I agree - back to praising MISTI and exploring all the fun things we can do with it! In answer to your question, Leslie: I unmounted all of my stamps to save space, so they were already unmounted when the MISTI came on the market! Most are bare rubber with 2-way glue on the back, but I have some Inkadinkado cling mounts that REFUSE to come apart without much swearing and nail tearing and the like (and I've used up all the Un-du), so they get to stay cling-mounted - even though it irritates me to have the extra bulk, lol. That being said, I would probably un-mount whatever I could to use with MISTI just because it is so much easier than SAMJ or any other trick out there!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #1055  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I have to agree with Sue regarding some of the two-step stamps, I may unmount those from the wood, using the 10 second microwave method, to use with MISTI. I could never unmount all of my beloved, retired wood SU sets they are too precious to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #1056  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I will definitely unmount ALL my multi-step stamps for use with the MISTI. I doubt I will do any others. I've gravitated to cling lately, but I still prefer rubber stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #1057  
Compulsive Stamper

I unmounted my wood-mount background stamps using a tip from the MISTIfied facebook group. I microwaved them for a few seconds, removed the rubber and foam in one piece. I glued on some cling vinyl (very inexpensive from Joann) and trimmed the vinyl. They cling very well and I'm so happy to be getting great impressions with repeated stamping. I store them in old Amuse DVD cases. I've unmounted a couple smaller wood-mount stamps but don't plan on converting my whole wood-mount collection. Here's the cling vinyl I used.
Attached Thumbnails
MISTI most incredible stamp tool invented-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #1058  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lydia and Harborcricut, did you also remove the stamped image sticker from the top of the wood block and put it on the back of the unmounted rubber stamp, then add the cling vinyl or just discard the sticker with the wood block?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 10:04 AM   #1059  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet IreneView Post
Lydia and Harborcricut, did you also remove the stamped image sticker from the top of the wood block and put it on the back of the unmounted rubber stamp, then add the cling vinyl or just discard the sticker with the wood block?
I didn't remove the sticker from the wood. However, you could using an ink like Stazon, stamp the cling vinyl first, then cut it to fit so that you had the image on the back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #1060  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

I am planning to unmount the two step rubber floral sets and possibly my Wheels... because, my wheels I use even less than two step stamps. ( have no idea how long the rubber will be on the wheels unmounted but, I am going to try it with one and see if it fits on the MISTI.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 11:18 AM   #1061  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
I am planning to unmount the two step rubber floral sets and possibly my Wheels... because, my wheels I use even less than two step stamps. ( have no idea how long the rubber will be on the wheels unmounted but, I am going to try it with one and see if it fits on the MISTI.
ohhhh I never thought about the wheels... I unmounted mine and never use them because I couldn't line them up right.... another great use for the MISTI!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #1062  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm unmounting as I go. Maybe someday they'll all be unmounted, maybe not. For me, it's easy enough to add in an extra few minutes to a stamp session if there's a stamp I want to play with that needs unmounting, and then I do the whole set, if it's part of a set. Way back, when I first started unmounting, I was going the ATIOO route, and that was messy and time consuming. I'm really glad not to be doing that anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 11:37 AM   #1063  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I unmounted my wheels a long time ago, they are 6 3/4" long and fit nicely into the MISTI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 11:44 AM   #1064  
Inking Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Still on the fence here.

I unmounted most of my wood stamps while ago and was glad I did. I did it originally for the storage space. It was too overwhelming trying to store all those "big" cases. Now that I have the MISTI I'm so glad I did. I would do it again in a heartbeat just to be able to use this magnificent tool. It's made stamping so much more fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #1065  
Stazon Splitcoast

Not my process, but others might appreciate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYW2ykrxWXc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #1066  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet IreneView Post
I did not remove the sticker. I stamped my background image on cardstock and slipped it inside the front cover of the DVD case. When stamping with it, I stamp the image on scratch paper or acetate first and use that image to line up for my card.
Attached Thumbnails
MISTI most incredible stamp tool invented-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 11:52 AM   #1067  
Matboard Maniac

I unmounted all of my wood stamps about a year ago (didn't have many, I have WAY more clear stamps). They're all just sitting in a bag because I couldn't figure out how I wanted to use/store them in their unmounted form. So with the cling vinyl how does that work attaching it to the rubber, do you have to glue the rubber to the vinyl and then cut around the shape of the rubber? Sorry if that's a dumb question but I've never done it before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #1068  
Matboard Maniac

So in trying to answer my own question I was looking on You Tube to see if I could find any videos and came across some using a product called Tack n Peel. Is that basically the same as the clear cling vinyl from Joanne's? And based on the videos I watched I see that they attach it to their acrylic mounts not to the individual stamps. So could you just put one large sheet of it on the inside of the MISTI cover?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 12:30 PM   #1069  
Stazon Splitcoast

Went searching for this product and discovered Simon Says has it for $69.99 while My Sweet Petunia Stamp Tool | Product Tags | My Sweet Petunia has them for $50.
Big difference. Off to buy one right now
DO U KNOW?
BRAK members love to send SCSers cards on their birthdays? Come join us.

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there
is no path and leave a trail." ... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #1070  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

For Diane J:

Tack n Peel is a "sticky" film that you put on your acrylic blocks. It is used with bare rubber stamps...in other words, no cling foam on the back of the rubber, and allows your bare rubber to stick to an acrylic block. You don't use it with clear photopolymer either. It's pricy but you only put it on the blocks and you don't need any more than the blocks you have.

It's not the same as the clear cling vinyl and they are for different uses.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #1071  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

here is just a thought for online ordering...

what if?
you set up a savings account with some spending money in it. and tell your bank you are going to use this account to verify a pay pal account? ( and do not put say more than 500.00 in it) ( it could be less but, you know if you put in 100.00 chances are the order will add up to 101.99) and do not have this account inside your bank hooked up to any kind of over draft protection to draw from your real accounts in case of hacking. tell your bank your concerns and see if they have ideas to protect the money also.

a lot of online sites will accept a pay pal transfer of money. ( they will even accept checks but, will wait for your virtual check to clear before they mail your products)

I only used my debit card once to pay for an order to a Canadian Stamp mfg. and my bank charged me a changing the currency fee... so, for those sites that take paypal... ( I do not get that fee) which is kinda nice because, I like a lot of different companies products from around the globe.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 12:48 PM   #1072  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by djaquayView Post
So in trying to answer my own question I was looking on You Tube to see if I could find any videos and came across some using a product called Tack n Peel. Is that basically the same as the clear cling vinyl from Joanne's? And based on the videos I watched I see that they attach it to their acrylic mounts not to the individual stamps. So could you just put one large sheet of it on the inside of the MISTI cover?
Here are the two videos I made to show the cling vinyl:

Part 1: <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PPkpGicJ5dk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Part 2: <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rJGF5q4ca5w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They aren't great quality, but should show enough detail to help you see how easy it is to convert wood to cling.

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 03-31-2015 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: added embed code. Click Share > Embed > Copy code > paste
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 02:00 PM   #1073  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by MzteazeView Post
Here are the two videos I made to show the cling vinyl:
Part 1: <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PPkpGicJ5dk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Part 2: <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rJGF5q4ca5w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They aren't great quality, but should show enough detail to help you see how easy it is to convert wood to cling.
That helps a lot! One thing though, when I peeled the stamps off the wood blocks at least half of them lost the cushion because they didn't come off cleanly, some of them part of the cushion remained stuck to the stamps and part of it to the wood so those I just ended up taking all the cushion off the rubber stamp. I'm assuming I can glue the rubber to the cling vinyl in those cases, you don't necessarily need the cushion part.

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 03-31-2015 at 07:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #1074  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
For Diane J:

Tack n Peel is a "sticky" film that you put on your acrylic blocks. It is used with bare rubber stamps...in other words, no cling foam on the back of the rubber, and allows your bare rubber to stick to an acrylic block. You don't use it with clear photopolymer either. It's pricy but you only put it on the blocks and you don't need any more than the blocks you have.

It's not the same as the clear cling vinyl and they are for different uses.
Thanks for clarifying that
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #1075  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Still on the fence here.

I have spent the last month or so unmounting all my stamps ... because I was getting the MISTI. I also made an index of all my stamps, which I have been wanting to do for a long time but have never gotten around to it. Now I am just waiting for some dvd cases on order and once I put the stamps in those cases my big project will be done - YAY! I will have so much more space when the stamps are all in dvd cases (and it will look much neater too). I got the MISTI a few weeks ago and have been using it to do my index sheets. So far I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2015, 06:03 AM   #1076  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Quote:

Still on the fence here.

When I started unmounting, I had "over 250 sets" of SU stamps. Not counting the singles. But my space was my motivation. I had to either unmount or quit buying stamps. And we all know what the right choice there is! ;)

I have way more rubber than polymer, but I no longer keep any wood. I still buy an occasional wood mount stamp because I "need" that image, but it gets unmounted right away.

You don't really want to know what the process was like or how long it took...in fact I still have a bit of work to do. But it was worth every bit of it!

My MISTI is confirmation to me that I did the right thing!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2015, 09:27 AM   #1077  
Pearl-ExPert

OK, I just broke down and ordered one. Now the wait begins!

MY BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2015, 09:32 AM   #1078  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_catView Post
OK, I just broke down and ordered one. Now the wait begins!
Lucky you! Fill that wait time with videos!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2015, 10:01 AM   #1079  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
here is just a thought for online ordering...

what if?
you set up a savings account with some spending money in it. and tell your bank you are going to use this account to verify a pay pal account? ( and do not put say more than 500.00 in it) ( it could be less but, you know if you put in 100.00 chances are the order will add up to 101.99) and do not have this account inside your bank hooked up to any kind of over draft protection to draw from your real accounts in case of hacking. tell your bank your concerns and see if they have ideas to protect the money also.

a lot of online sites will accept a pay pal transfer of money. ( they will even accept checks but, will wait for your virtual check to clear before they mail your products)

I only used my debit card once to pay for an order to a Canadian Stamp mfg. and my bank charged me a changing the currency fee... so, for those sites that take paypal... ( I do not get that fee) which is kinda nice because, I like a lot of different companies products from around the globe.
We set up a small local account for paypal. It keeps everything separate from our main account. I feel more comfortable that way.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson

Last edited by ceramicat1; 03-12-2015 at 10:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #1080  
Glitter Guru

I may unmount some of my stamps. I at one time thought I would unmount all of my stamps, but I do have the room to store them and not much inclination to unmount. I won't unmount my large PSX stamps or some of my House Mouse Stamps.

I do buy more cling or clear stamps now, but I'm not opposed to wood mount stamps.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes