Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-15-2015, 06:26 AM   #3601  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,072 Likes on 854 Posts

So, get this, I've was in pending as an SU demo since I didn't make my $300 quoto in the 2nd quarter this year, but I was getting ready to place an order after payday because I want some of the new In Colors (can't resist). So I got an email yesterday telling me I've been dropped as a demo, BUT for just $99 I can re-up and become a demo again! AND get a bunch of new free products and an awesome additional discount!!!!! Isn't life grand. :mrgreen: So planning to re-up again.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2015, 09:43 AM   #3602  
Forum Fanatic

Received 443 Likes on 299 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
So, get this, I've was in pending as an SU demo since I didn't make my $300 quoto in the 2nd quarter this year, but I was getting ready to place an order after payday because I want some of the new In Colors (can't resist). So I got an email yesterday telling me I've been dropped as a demo, BUT for just $99 I can re-up and become a demo again! AND get a bunch of new free products and an awesome additional discount!!!!! Isn't life grand. :mrgreen: So planning to re-up again.

Wow Maggie! That sure worked out Good for you!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #3603  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
We made 5 cards and this was the cutest!

Herbie the Bug
Awww, so cute!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2015, 09:51 AM   #3604  
Forum Fanatic

Heart

Lynn:

{{Hugs & Prayers, Hugs & Prayers!}}

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2015, 09:52 AM   #3605  
Forum Fanatic

Dropping in for a quick hello!

This afternoon we have a Meet & Greet Dinner at church to meet the new Pastor that our church council is recommending to the congregation. So exciting. Tomorrow after church we'll have a congregational meeting and hold the vote to approve their recommendation.

It's been a long process, it's exciting to see it coming to the end!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2015, 04:28 PM   #3606  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to be so MIA ladies!! This summer has been one of the busiest since we bought our house 6 summers ago!

The dumpster was filled to the brim and removed a few days ago. We can dance in the basement now LOL! The bottom deck has been started, it's huge!! I didn't realize how big it would be but it's covering a broken concrete patio so I guess it needed to be a little larger to cover that mess. The ground is so uneven so it was a little bit of a challenge to get the deck level. That project is on hold for a bit as we are heading to Boston tomorrow for a few days to celebrate my birthday. We will do a few touristy things, go to a game on Monday night and Tuesday (my bday), we will go to Wahlburgers and a few stamp/scrapbook stores I found along our route.

Last night we had a small family celebration. Usually I don't do anything but my nephew is finally old enough and loves birthdays. It was so much fun!!! He loved helping me open my cards and presents. My sister had her anatomy scan yesterday morning and did a reveal after I opened my gifts. It's a GIRL!!!!!!! We are so excited. Her and I started crying lol. I know she wanted a girl and I did too lol. We both had dreams it was a boy so we were surprised. My mom and I went and did a little shopping this morning

I should be able to catch up with blogs on Wednesday or Thursday. I need to get a card done for my parents anniversary then too. It's on Saturday but we are going there on Friday night since I have a crop on Saturday. I never got to finish blogging what I made last time since I was cleaning my house out and also to get ready for the family last night. It took a lot of work since I neglected it during Christmas in July!

I need to go pack since I have no idea what time we are leaving tomorrow. Have a great rest of the weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #3607  
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, that's great about being able to sign up for SU for only $99! Good deal all the way around.
Darlene, good to see you dropping in. Sounds like things are improving for you and that's wonderful.
Kristie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ( a bit early) Hope y'all have a wonderful trip and celebrate your birthday in style! The deck will be so nice and know you're looking forward to having it all said and done.

Jim was parked in front of the TV yesterday and today watching football and golf, so I felt like I had a couple of free days. Felt good. Back to the races tomorrow though I know. All is rocking along ok...........

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2015, 04:02 AM   #3608  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,932 Likes on 3,826 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, that's awesome about the SU demo and goodies to play with!

Maxine, I'm sure your roses are gorgeous. I don't know how you manage to do all the creative things you do. WOW!

Darlene, what an exciting time for your church. I hope it all goes smoothly and the new pastor gets settled in nicely!

Kristie, enjoy your birthday celebrations! Sounds like lots of fun!

Kelly, I'm with you... I just want to color. And they say coloring is good for us. Isn't that grand?!?!?!

Barb, I hope you've had a fantastic time in Door County!

Lynn, rocking is good. ;) I am glad you had a couple of days to kind of relax a bit. YAY for Jim enjoying some TV those two days!

Shelly, there sure are a lot of things going on in your life - family members moving and getting new jobs, home renovations, etc. I hope it's not too stressful!

I'll just wave at all the rest... love you all!

I have a short and BUSY week this week. I'm leading a conference on Friday - and just got the topic, so none of the preparations have been made yet. (I'll actually be gone Friday and Saturday, since it's a distance from my home.) I have a meeting that will last most of today... and two meetings that will take up all of Thursday. So I really only have 2 days to put the conference plans together. EEK!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2015, 08:18 AM   #3609  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,292 Likes on 2,479 Posts

Good Morning Ladies! I am checking in from a coffee shop in DePere--just south of Green Bay.

We had a nice weekend--but it started out a bit shaking............. We met some friends Friday night for dinner and started the evening outside on the deck of the restaurant. The wind started blowing and lightning was seen a bit away, so we went inside. Jim got a text from their youngest daughter that she got off of work an hour early and needed a ride home. When Jim came back to meet us, he said it was raining sideways! When we got home, a table in front of our garage was tipped over, so we knew it was also windy! We also got 2 inches of rain in about a hour and a half! When I looked on the deck Saturday morning before we left, every one of our flowerpots were on their sides--about 10 of them--including a large wrought iron one that is about 4 feet tall and 2 1/2 feet across on the top where the "basket" is!

We headed to Door County and had a great time. Their condo is beautiful and they have some views of the bay. They are on a hill and there is a tram that holds maybe 6 people, that takes you down to the water and pier! Their daughter, hubby and 4 grandkids came up Sunday and Keith rented a pontoon boat for a two hour ride in the late afternoon. We left when they got on as we need to be in Green Bay by 5:00 and over an hour drive. We stayed at a friend that we both have known since college and she also has a great house with a pool. Temps were in the high 80's and low90's all weekend, so water was nice to be around..............

Roomie has a boat load of meetings and trainings today, so I dropped her off. I will meet her for lunch at noon and then I plan to check out the local stamp store and a recommended quilt store. We will not be home until later tonight.

Have a nice rest of the day!!!!!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2015, 05:42 PM   #3610  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Dropping in for a quick hello!

This afternoon we have a Meet & Greet Dinner at church to meet the new Pastor that our church council is recommending to the congregation. So exciting. Tomorrow after church we'll have a congregational meeting and hold the vote to approve their recommendation.

It's been a long process, it's exciting to see it coming to the end!
I hope it all worked out for your congregation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2015, 05:45 PM   #3611  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Sorry to be so MIA ladies!! This summer has been one of the busiest since we bought our house 6 summers ago!

The dumpster was filled to the brim and removed a few days ago. We can dance in the basement now LOL! The bottom deck has been started, it's huge!! I didn't realize how big it would be but it's covering a broken concrete patio so I guess it needed to be a little larger to cover that mess. The ground is so uneven so it was a little bit of a challenge to get the deck level. That project is on hold for a bit as we are heading to Boston tomorrow for a few days to celebrate my birthday. We will do a few touristy things, go to a game on Monday night and Tuesday (my bday), we will go to Wahlburgers and a few stamp/scrapbook stores I found along our route.

Last night we had a small family celebration. Usually I don't do anything but my nephew is finally old enough and loves birthdays. It was so much fun!!! He loved helping me open my cards and presents. My sister had her anatomy scan yesterday morning and did a reveal after I opened my gifts. It's a GIRL!!!!!!! We are so excited. Her and I started crying lol. I know she wanted a girl and I did too lol. We both had dreams it was a boy so we were surprised. My mom and I went and did a little shopping this morning

I should be able to catch up with blogs on Wednesday or Thursday. I need to get a card done for my parents anniversary then too. It's on Saturday but we are going there on Friday night since I have a crop on Saturday. I never got to finish blogging what I made last time since I was cleaning my house out and also to get ready for the family last night. It took a lot of work since I neglected it during Christmas in July!

I need to go pack since I have no idea what time we are leaving tomorrow. Have a great rest of the weekend!
So happy to hear all your fabulous news! Congrats to your sis on the new baby. I'm so behind in getting cards sent out. Happy birthday ahead of time, and one will be in the mail to you. You just keep going and going. Have fun on your trip and at the crop. Can't wait to see the finished house when you're done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2015, 05:47 PM   #3612  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maggie, that's great about being able to sign up for SU for only $99! Good deal all the way around.
Darlene, good to see you dropping in. Sounds like things are improving for you and that's wonderful.
Kristie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ( a bit early) Hope y'all have a wonderful trip and celebrate your birthday in style! The deck will be so nice and know you're looking forward to having it all said and done.

Jim was parked in front of the TV yesterday and today watching football and golf, so I felt like I had a couple of free days. Felt good. Back to the races tomorrow though I know. All is rocking along ok...........

Lynn
I'm sure that he needs to rest still, but is he doing his PT? Glad that you got some Me time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #3613  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maggie, that's awesome about the SU demo and goodies to play with!

Maxine, I'm sure your roses are gorgeous. I don't know how you manage to do all the creative things you do. WOW!

Darlene, what an exciting time for your church. I hope it all goes smoothly and the new pastor gets settled in nicely!

Kristie, enjoy your birthday celebrations! Sounds like lots of fun!

Kelly, I'm with you... I just want to color. And they say coloring is good for us. Isn't that grand?!?!?!

Barb, I hope you've had a fantastic time in Door County!

Lynn, rocking is good. ;) I am glad you had a couple of days to kind of relax a bit. YAY for Jim enjoying some TV those two days!

Shelly, there sure are a lot of things going on in your life - family members moving and getting new jobs, home renovations, etc. I hope it's not too stressful!

I'll just wave at all the rest... love you all!

I have a short and BUSY week this week. I'm leading a conference on Friday - and just got the topic, so none of the preparations have been made yet. (I'll actually be gone Friday and Saturday, since it's a distance from my home.) I have a meeting that will last most of today... and two meetings that will take up all of Thursday. So I really only have 2 days to put the conference plans together. EEK!
I don't know how you do it all Jeanette!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2015, 05:50 PM   #3614  
Quacker Stamper

Saturday was really busy. I fussed around the house in the morning getting things picked up and making up my grocery list. I was meeting DD and DGD at the movies at 1:30 so had to leave the house at 1. We saw Ricki and the Flash with Meryl Streep. It was great. I love her movies. If she was doing the singing in this movie, she did a great job too. After the show, I did my errands. Went to JoAnn's first looking for some Liquid Applique. No one there that I talked to even knew what it was so there was none in the store. I ended up ordering some online. Then I went to Lowe's to return a desk fan. Have you ever had to put one together????? The ones I have always purchased were already put together. This one was a nightmare. It turned out to be a piece of junk and I returned it. They didn't have anything else either, so I need to go check out a few other places. I need one for out in my Work room in the garage. I didn't get home from grocery shopping until almost 7 PM.

Sunday I went over to DD's for dinner. SIL made some grilled chicken, cole slaw, potato salad, beans and fruit and for dessert - Moose Tracks Frozen Yogurt with toppings! Yummy, After dinner we watched The Maze Runner. I had never seen it and now the 2nd one is coming out next month - The Torch Trial.

Boss was back in the office today - made for one crazy day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #3615  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts
Default Hello!

Waving hello to all! I finished my long work weekend, and have a couple of days off to catch up- will visit blogs tomorrow : )

Not much new- work, sleep, clean, and tomorrow- creating! Yeah

We went to a family reunion on hubby's side this weekend- his Mom only had one sis- so it was a small group. It was very small but quite nice. His cousin lives on a lake, so I spent some time visiting, then headed out to the lake and laid on a floaty and just took in some sun. Even though it was really hot, there was a pleasant breeze......Ahhhhhh, I think I need to retire close to a lake or Ocean : ) I did get a wee bit sunburned....

It is good to hear everyone is busy. Kelly and Jeanette, you two take the cake : ) I get tired reading what you two are up to!

Kristie- hope you have a fabulous Birthday weekend- fun to celebrate with family and take a small trip as well. Awesome you are getting so much accomplished! So cool that you are getting a new niece- and the dream was for a boy.....

Lynn, glad you are home and Jim is comfy : ). Hope he does well and keeps up with his exercises.

Maggie- sounds like it went from rainy there to really dry! I have never purchased a fan that you had to put together- that is something. I have never heard of the movie you went too, but will have to check it out- we both like Meryl Streep alot.

Jeanette- does DD know how long she will stay in ALaska? That is crazy how she orders all of that food to be delivered fro Walmart! I hope she really enjoys it there : ) And, you have to be so proud! Is Brock back at school?

Barb you are really getting around! Door County is so dang beautiful! Are you working on another quilt project?

Maxine- bet the warm Spring is very welcome- and an end to cold weather! I do NOT look forward to the cold at all.

Nice to see you dropping in Darlene. Hope you get a great pastor.

Hope everyone is having a great week! I am getting to bed tired tonight.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #3616  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 323 Likes on 213 Posts

Hi all - great to see you all chatting up a storm :-)

I have had the last couple of afternoons in the garden - DH and I pruned four more roses yesterday, but I decided not to do more today - still have another five to go.... This afternoon I pulled weeds from a couple of gardens, so they are looking better now - they were only small gardens :-). Still can't do a lot and have to be careful of the hand, but it is doing well.

Shelly I think you sound pretty busy too - but yes, Jeanette and Kelly leave me reeling at the amount of action in their lives!! :-)

Sounds as though you had a lovely weekend Shelly :-) Sunbathing on a lake - sounds like bliss to me :-)

Lynn I hope Jim will keep up the exercises, and not resort to tv 'blobbing' and leaving life up to you.... somehow I don't think you would wear that!

Happy birthday Kristie - and I so hope you have enjoyed your birthday trip.

Barb you are another gad about - sounds as though you are making the most of summer , before you are snowed in for winter?? :-)

Good to hear from you Darlene - and hoping that the right decision is made for your church. I have been on a 'selection committee' , and yes, it can be a long process!

Maggie you are one busy lady too - sound as though your boss is not the most organised and the office is in reacts when he is there???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2015, 04:29 AM   #3617  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Barb, it sounds like you had a great trip. I hope the wind didn't cause any unfixable damage.

Maggie, a fan that needs to be assembled??? That's crazy!

Shelly, my DD doesn't know how long she will stay in Alaska. She signs a year-long contract just like any school teacher... she DOES love it there. But that doesn't necessarily mean she will stay there throughout her career.

Maxine, you do something I would NEVER do. I don't play in dirt. Nothing outdoors tempts me. Therefore we have no flowers - well, other than some hen and chicks. DH doesn't do flowers. He says "If you can't eat it, I don't grow it."

Ladies, some of you know what's happening in Darlene's life right now (because she was texted a few of us last night) but the others of you might want to know what she posted on FB about three hours ago so you can pray for her and for her DD. Here's what she said...

Prayers for my daughter please: she fell from a 3rd floor balcony, landing on pavement. Fractured pelvis, 7 broken ribs, +more, but the biggest worry are the skull fractures. Surgery in a couple of hours...
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2015, 06:17 AM   #3618  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--a few errands today. Dentist appointment, dropping off a big load of donated pet food at the shelter and stopping to drop off some things at my niece's office.

Have a Fantastic Day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #3619  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts
Default Hello

Jeanette- thanks for sharing- yes, I saw that on FB today- will be keeping the family in prayers. Wondering if that is the daughter she took in that was having issues- will ask God to watch over her in this time of crisis and lead her to a good recovery path I know from working in ICU, each day is truly a gift, as NO ONE ever plans on being in an ICU from an unexpected incident like this.....

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #3620  
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you Jeanette for letting us know of Darlene's situation. Will be praying. Shelly I think Darlene only had one son and daughter :-(.
Wet here today, so after a vet appt for the cat - routine vaccinations and check up - and apart from feeding DH and myself, I am planning a studio day :-).
Hugs to you all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2015, 01:06 PM   #3621  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, like Maxine said, I think Darlene only has the one daughter.

Ladies, keep praying... I think she's out of surgery. She's heavily sedated but other than that I don't really have an update.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2015, 05:07 PM   #3622  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post

That is an awesome deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2015, 05:14 PM   #3623  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Shelly, like Maxine said, I think Darlene only has the one daughter.

Ladies, keep praying... I think she's out of surgery. She's heavily sedated but other than that I don't really have an update.
Thanks for sharing this, Jeanette. I will keep Darlene and her DD in my prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #3624  
Quacker Stamper

Hello all you lovely ladies! More prayers being sent up for Darlene's DD. What a horrible accident. I truly hope that she'll completely recover from this.

The son of one of my SIL's had a terrible accident about a month ago and has been in the hospital since then. For a few weeks, he was in a medical induced coma, but they started to bring him out of it last week. Each day he makes a little ore progress and has finally started to talk to members of his family. He's been able to sit up by himself. It has been a miracle. They weren't sure there for awhile if he was going to make it or not.

Shelly, the movie just came out so may not be around everywhere yet. I did notice even here that it was at one Cinemark theater, but not the other one closer to my house. I still want to see Mr. Holmes, but not sure when I'll have the time to do that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2015, 07:10 PM   #3625  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi all - great to see you all chatting up a storm :-)

I have had the last couple of afternoons in the garden - DH and I pruned four more roses yesterday, but I decided not to do more today - still have another five to go.... This afternoon I pulled weeds from a couple of gardens, so they are looking better now - they were only small gardens :-). Still can't do a lot and have to be careful of the hand, but it is doing well.

Shelly I think you sound pretty busy too - but yes, Jeanette and Kelly leave me reeling at the amount of action in their lives!! :-)

Sounds as though you had a lovely weekend Shelly :-) Sunbathing on a lake - sounds like bliss to me :-)

Lynn I hope Jim will keep up the exercises, and not resort to tv 'blobbing' and leaving life up to you.... somehow I don't think you would wear that!

Happy birthday Kristie - and I so hope you have enjoyed your birthday trip.

Barb you are another gad about - sounds as though you are making the most of summer , before you are snowed in for winter?? :-)

Good to hear from you Darlene - and hoping that the right decision is made for your church. I have been on a 'selection committee' , and yes, it can be a long process!

Maggie you are one busy lady too - sound as though your boss is not the most organised and the office is in reacts when he is there???
Maxine, how many rose bushes do you have? It seems like that's all you do is prune rose bushes. I bet they are beautiful. I have only 3, two are Knockout roses and the other started out as a Tea Rose but it has really grown up a lot. It's almost 3 feet tall and has pretty peach color roses on it.

Neither of my bosses are very organized. It's all scattered about on their desks. And even so, they never know where to look for something. I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to retire, but I WILL! :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2015, 07:13 PM   #3626  
Quacker Stamper

Another crazy day at the office. My boss is such a character. He will NOT let you do anything for him without him one upping you and doing something back twice as much! He has a package of snacks in his office that I can't remember the name, but they are super salty and I told him that. About a month ago I bought a snack pack at HEB called Keenwah. The one I got was chocolate with sea salt. They are little bite size snacks made from Quinoa and really good. So the other day at the grocery store I remembered that I told him I was going to get him some. They didn't have the chocolate, but the did have Peanut Butter with Caramel so I got those. I remembered this morning to take them to the office. I got there before him and just put the package in his box on my desk. He tried them when he got in and said how great they were. I tried one later and they are pretty good. Anyway, I went out to lunch with a GF to a new Chinese restaurant for her birthday. We both had the Chicken and Asparagus. Yummy! Enough for two meals. We had a nice time chatting and relaxing. So I get back to the office after lunch and there sitting on my desk was a grocery sack and inside was a package of the Keenwah Chocolate with Sea Salt (Love it) and a package of Super Food chips with Sea Salt - veggie chips! He never lets us do anything for him without him coming back and doing twice as much for us!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2015, 09:34 PM   #3627  
Hardware Hotshot

Maggie that is one competitive boss - I would hate to work with someone that disorganised though!

I have about 20 rose bushes - all but a couple were here when we bought the place, and I don't mind them - bit of a pain this time of year when it comes to pruning, but overall they take very little effort - mine have to thrive on neglect - no spraying, very little watering, even in drought conditions, and a bit of food once or twice in the summer....

The cat behaved himself at the vets, but they have done a full blood screen for aged cats (he is 16 in October) and if all is ok, they will put him on meds for the arthritis in his hips.

I managed to spend the afternoon in the studio, (sort of, there were some distractions) and got two cards completed. I have four more to do for orders and then it will be my own cards for September - I have 8 for next month - used to be 9.

Praying for Darlene and her DD

Waving and sending hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 04:03 AM   #3628  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Tee Hee... yes, you're right, Maxine, that IS one competitive boss... and also generous!

Waving to Maggie, Maxine, Kristie.... and everyone else, too.

Continuing to pray for Darlene and her DD!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 04:32 AM   #3629  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning. I found Smoochy and I really think we all need some big, slobbery kisses today!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 06:06 AM   #3630  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Absolutely, Barb... I know I, for one, needed that!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #3631  
Hardware Hotshot

Ah, wiping off the slobber and feeling well kissed - thanks Barb - great way to start a Thursday, knowing that we will be hosting g-children with colds shortly - their Mum is working full time, and Dad has an hour of work this morning...
Prayers continue for you Darlene, and your DD
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #3632  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie that is one competitive boss - I would hate to work with someone that disorganised though!

I have about 20 rose bushes - all but a couple were here when we bought the place, and I don't mind them - bit of a pain this time of year when it comes to pruning, but overall they take very little effort - mine have to thrive on neglect - no spraying, very little watering, even in drought conditions, and a bit of food once or twice in the summer....

The cat behaved himself at the vets, but they have done a full blood screen for aged cats (he is 16 in October) and if all is ok, they will put him on meds for the arthritis in his hips.

I managed to spend the afternoon in the studio, (sort of, there were some distractions) and got two cards completed. I have four more to do for orders and then it will be my own cards for September - I have 8 for next month - used to be 9.

Praying for Darlene and her DD

Waving and sending hugs
This morning was a doozer! We had a mediation scheduled and I got all the set ups done and the rooms all set up. He was running late to the office. Had to take his wife to the eye doctor for something. He calls to tell me this and to hand out the lunch menus and get that done. People usually come at 9 so before that I went to do some scanning waiting for the receptionist to call me to let me know people were here. Didn't hear anything by 9:10. Got the scanning done and went back to my office. Boss was there and said that the people from the mediation called and said that they were at one of the law firms waiting for him to be there!!!!!!!!! Yikes!! I completely forgot and didn't change the calendar that he was supposed to go there and not here for the mediation. He didn't seem really upset about it which was good. Told me to check to see where he was supposed to go and call him with the nearest cross street. He had to go downtown Houston. Anyway, sitting on my desk was another grocery sack and in it was a can of diced tomatoes and a box of Cowboy Chili!!! :confused: I asked him what that was about. He said it's that chili we talked about. Uh, no, you asked me if I liked chili, and I said yeah, but we didn't discuss it! So, he brings me chili.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 11:44 AM   #3633  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Ah, wiping off the slobber and feeling well kissed - thanks Barb - great way to start a Thursday, knowing that we will be hosting g-children with colds shortly - their Mum is working full time, and Dad has an hour of work this morning...
Prayers continue for you Darlene, and your DD
So how long will you be having the grands over? Is that going to be a full time gig for you with mum and dad both at work? :( HOpe you don't catch the colds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 11:45 AM   #3634  
Quacker Stamper

We're getting a lot of rain today and supposed to get more the rest of the week. I'm not complaining since we really need it. Not sure how that is going to affect my lunch plans with DD and the family tomorrow. Of course she may not even be in town tomorrow. My DGD took my DD's van and went with a friend up to Dallas to visit one of their GF's from HS. They had brake problems up there and had to have it in the shop for repairs that are supposed to take a few days. DD drove up yesterday to pick up the two girls and bring them back, but now some time she has to drive back up to get the van if it wasn't fixed by when she got there yesterday, so she may be driving to Dallas tomorrow instead of having lunch. Haven't heard anything from her about lunch, so not sure what is going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #3635  
Quacker Stamper

So excited about my Copic's workshops on Friday and Saturday. Last night I went through all my Markers looking for the ones that they are going to use in the classes and trying to determine how best to transport them for the classes. I always like to have my own so I don't have to share and wait for someone to get finished with a marker so I can use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 11:55 AM   #3636  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Good afternoon!

The days are slipping away and summer is getting smaller and smaller! Kids have me running back and forth - dentist, eye exams, labs, college stuff, etc!

Maggie, that's awesome about your SU! Demo'ing! I truly love SU quality and how beautiful their products are. I haven't ordered in forever (anything at all, from anywhere! until today -- my friend sent me a link to a stamp sale and a few jumped in my cart

Continued prayers for Darlene - have been diligently ascending prayers since the accident and pray she's surrounded in love and comfort of family and friends. When my daughter was fighting for her life, people were afraid to stop by and the few braves ones that did will never know the blessing of that gift. I pray Darlene is wrapped in love both spiritually and emotionally in person and from afar from all of us ♥

Thinking happier thoughts -- our Book Club resumes next month and I had to run to Barnes and Nobles to get the book. Not my style at all but it wasn't my choice to make, lol. I guess it's always a learning experience!

I also have learned to make cards at my kiosk, as I now call it! That tiny little space and I have become friends I'm cranking out one card at a time, forced to clean up the area before I can begin again so it's working thus far! I do miss the Cabana though.

And a Happy Birthday to Kristi - if I missed it, happy belated! And congratulations to sis on the baby girl ~ girls are FUN! ♥

Maggie, your boss sounds generous, with the putting things in the box exchange -- not sure what those snacks are but they sound wonderful!

Maxine, 20 rose bushes! That must be something to see all in bloom! Oh the aroma! Mom used to grow them in Europe and when the weather called for the windows to be opened, the smell of the roses would draft into the house. Oh my. Such glory.

Waving to Lynn and Jim in his continued recovery, Shel, Jeanette, Barb, Kel ....... hugs all around!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #3637  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just popping in really quick... because I promised Darlene I would (when she and I were texting earlier today.)

BTW, first... you might like to know that tonight she is going home for a wee bit - to shower and get a few things. Depending on how her DD is doing, she might even try to sleep a wee bit while she's home. That was the news this morning. I haven't heard an update since then. The hospital is about an hour or so from Darlene's house.

Now........ the reason for this post.

Lynn, if you see this........... Darlene has a special message for you. She asked about you and your DH and then asked me to give you her love and to let you know that you two are still in her prayers.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #3638  
Die Cut Diva

Oh, my heart is breaking for Darlene! I did see her FB post earlier and left a message there for her. Just wish I didn't live so far away so maybe I could help out in some way. I know how stressful this all is for her. Guess all we can do is pray for her and her family now.

Jeanette, next time you send Darlene a message please tell her I'm thinking about her and praying. We all are! Send all our love.

We're still plugging along here. Jim's frustration levels range from high to awful.........but we're dealing with it the best we can. Some days are better than others right now. I have to tell you, I recite the Serenity Prayer several times a day! LOL! It must be helping me too because my patience isn't going off the board just yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 03:25 PM   #3639  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Lynn - I have been praying specially for patience for you .... as well as strength and peace for Jim.

Hugs to Darlene from me when you text her next Jeanette.

We only had the grandies for an hour on their own, then SIL had a coffee before he took them home... DGD was being the pain, but DGS was not a happy camper by the end as he has the worst of the cold and was tired too.... just hope they have not shared it!!

Kelly some of the roses are directly under our bedroom window, so yes, life is sweet in the summer :-) At the moment I have two Daphne bushes in flower on the driveway, and thwy are wonderful - telling us winter is nearly over - finally, although we are getting a breeze from the south at the moment and there was fresh snow overnight about 1 1/2 hours south of us..... a td chilly, but thankfully no more rain here at the moment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #3640  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good afternoon!

The days are slipping away and summer is getting smaller and smaller! Kids have me running back and forth - dentist, eye exams, labs, college stuff, etc!

Maggie, that's awesome about your SU! Demo'ing! I truly love SU quality and how beautiful their products are. I haven't ordered in forever (anything at all, from anywhere! until today -- my friend sent me a link to a stamp sale and a few jumped in my cart

Continued prayers for Darlene - have been diligently ascending prayers since the accident and pray she's surrounded in love and comfort of family and friends. When my daughter was fighting for her life, people were afraid to stop by and the few braves ones that did will never know the blessing of that gift. I pray Darlene is wrapped in love both spiritually and emotionally in person and from afar from all of us ♥

Thinking happier thoughts -- our Book Club resumes next month and I had to run to Barnes and Nobles to get the book. Not my style at all but it wasn't my choice to make, lol. I guess it's always a learning experience!

I also have learned to make cards at my kiosk, as I now call it! That tiny little space and I have become friends I'm cranking out one card at a time, forced to clean up the area before I can begin again so it's working thus far! I do miss the Cabana though.

And a Happy Birthday to Kristi - if I missed it, happy belated! And congratulations to sis on the baby girl ~ girls are FUN! ♥

Maggie, your boss sounds generous, with the putting things in the box exchange -- not sure what those snacks are but they sound wonderful!

Maxine, 20 rose bushes! That must be something to see all in bloom! Oh the aroma! Mom used to grow them in Europe and when the weather called for the windows to be opened, the smell of the roses would draft into the house. Oh my. Such glory.

Waving to Lynn and Jim in his continued recovery, Shel, Jeanette, Barb, Kel ....... hugs all around!
Our schools open on Monday. Ugh! I hate all the extra traffic it brings for the ride to work.

What is the book you're reading? I know the feeling. Last month ours was Mapping Human History. It was like reading a textbook. I didn't even get half way through it. September our book is Between You and Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen. Not real excited about it either, but it's supposed to be humerous. We also have The Nightingale and The Brothers Karamosov on our list for the next 2 months after that.

My boss is a conundrum. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes