Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #3081  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts

hi Shelly - I gave in an got a new printer (same type) using aloyalty programme, where I had enough points to 'spend' to get it. I will bequeath the old one to DD if they want it (her DH is the computer geek who I was waiting on to fix mine, but didn't like nagging)

Better run and get things done now I have it up and running!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2015, 07:24 PM   #3082  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

hugs everyone!

happy belated birthday shelly!!

feeling better... baby came down with a teething fever earlier in the week so i've been dealing with a lack of sleep from that and all my time has been dedicated to an extremely clingy baby. but today's the first day i have been able to get him to stay down for naps without needing me next to him or someone to carry him so i'm enjoying my freedom!!!! haha.

take care guys!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2015, 08:00 PM   #3083  
Hardware Hotshot

Good to 'see' you here Kel - hope baby continues to improve :-)

NZ is rocking again - there have been some strong quakes around the north of the South Island the last few days - this afternoons were 6.3 and then 4.2 in the last hour :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2015, 05:21 AM   #3084  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Morning, lovelies!

Nice to see so many faces!!

Kel, blessing to you dear - walked the walk with 3 back to back babies - then a long break before VERY unexpected #4 - LOL. One day at a time!

Lynn, good to see you stop in! You sound like you are juggling some extra crafty time - I always found mowing the lawn peaceful - isn't that strange! Dh had a riding lawnmower but I used the push mower - I'd put in my earbuds and just get 'er done, lol. Hope Jim is improving!
Maggie - I must have missed why your flying out to SLC, but hope you have a great trip and safe flight!

Maxine - poor Lydia *and her mom But it's best to have it heal properly now rather than have issues later. I hope you're safe over there with all the moving and shaking going on! I hope he's able to fix your printer, too - how sweet that your DT coordie understood. I mean, what can you do! That's my concern with digis, too - when the printer it out, you can't work or play and get inky

Shel - sounds like the remodel is under way nicely! What granite did you chose? Best wishes with mom and pop ~ it's hard when they are getting older and live far away.

Waving to all ~ Barb, Jeanette, Kristie .............. hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #3085  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,294 Likes on 2,481 Posts

I hope you are having a great Friday and have a wonderful weekend planned!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2015, 02:18 PM   #3086  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maxine, be careful with those earthquakes out there! Yikes!!!! Glad you got the new printer.

We had a whopper of a storm last night and tornadoes about 10 miles from us. Lots of tree limbs down and all that kind of good stuff - plus 2 inches of rain, which was very nice! We'll be wishing for that this summer I'm sure. Although it already feels like summer since we're up to 94 degrees today!

Jim is doing so much better now!!!!!!! Finally! He's not using the walker at all and is only using oxygen at night. He still can't do a lot but at least he's better. Blood level was up to 12 last time which is wonderful. We go back on Tuesday to have tested again. All is good with me except for being busy mowing, weed eating, cleaning flower beds, etc. Never ending story. I need a full time gardener, maid, and cook!!!!!!!! LOL! Oh, and no garden this year since I can't run the tiller without it almost killing me. I got Jim two tomato plants to baby and that's going to be it. Sad.

Has anyone gotten the Misti yet? I got mine about a month ago but have only had a chance to use it a couple of times. I LOVE it!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'll get by everyone's blog tomorrow hopefully.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2015, 09:46 PM   #3087  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi all,
Thankfully these islands are not rockin' quite the same as they were - hissy fit over :-)

We had a long weekend here this weekend - Anzac day (our rememberance day) was on Saturday, so today was a public holiday, as it feel on a weekend... not that it makes much difference to us - as it was wet and windy we hunkered down and read and I got a couple of cards made for an order - both the dreaded masculine style, but I had been given interests of the recipients, so I was able to get them done without too much hassle.

Waving to you all - take care and hopefully I will see you all soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 05:43 AM   #3088  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Everyone! It is a beautiful, sunny and kind of warm morning in SE Wisconsin. We are to have good weather all week, temps in the 60's and sunshine! I hope it is a great start to your week too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 06:51 AM   #3089  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,932 Likes on 3,826 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Yikes! It has been a long time since I've been on SCS. I've been way too busy! Our annual state-wide Women's Conference was last week - so I was out of town three days. It was a FANTASTIC meeting, though exhausting.

This week I have meetings EVERY day. Sheesh! And I leave Saturday for my mission trip, so I have lots of last minute things to do in that regard, too.

I am popping my head into the threads this morning, but don't have time to read and catch up, so please let me know if I missed anything important. Thanks!

Hugs for all!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #3090  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,073 Likes on 855 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Wow Maggie that sound like a flying trip - literally!! Here's praying the weather stays good for you!!

Barb your weather sounds about as crazy as ours, although we are back to more autumnal temperatures at the moment, it is still warmer than usual for this time of year.

Lydia went to fracture clinic this morning, although she is healing really well, there is still a tiny part not fully healed, so rather than take risks after such a big break, she is back in plaster for another two weeks, which means her fifth birthday party and first week at school will be done in plaster!! I think DD was more upset about it than she was!!

My printer has decided to pack a spaz, and I cannot print anything straight - my son in law is going to work on it, but everything seems to be precluding it :-( _ I will missing out on a couple of DT posts by the look of it - I have told the coordinator and she is o.k. about it, thankfully.

Waving to you all!!
Hi Maxine. Unfortunately, the weather was not all that cooperative. Even so, I did have a fabulous time with the family and extended family. I can see why they did the graduation in 2 separate parts since there were over 5500 graduates. Can't imagine how long it would take to see each of them receive their diploma. The Convocation with the entire class was Thursday with the Dean of the University presiding and a number of speakers. Then on Friday each of the individual Colleges had separate commencement exercises. My DGD opted to walk with her DH even though she was in a different college from him. That meant we only had to go to one commencement instead of two. We ate out for lunch and dinner each day and my DGD and her DH knew some great places to eat. We did go over to their apartment and I completely forgot to get a couple photos of their place. It's so cute. They are really doing extremely well for just graduating.

It actually rained on Saturday when we flew into CA to see DGD in her HS Musical. They did a fabulous job and she was amazing with her ballet solo dance. Of course the sun was out shining when I left yesterday. Got home about 7:30.

Sorry to hear that Lydia is still in her cast and glad that she doesn't seem to mind.

I've had issues a couple times when my printer wouldn't print. I did a troubleshoot with it and the printer was okay, it was just that my laptop wasn't recognizing it. Both times when it quit, I just uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and it worked. So far this time it's doing okay. The IT guy at work thinks it's because the ATT tech installed a wireless modem for the new box they put on my TV out here, so I have my Gateway modem and the wireless one so sometimes the laptop doesn't know which modem it needs to choose. There is something called Static IP Address which he said that I should get if it happens again.

Last edited by mschoener; 04-27-2015 at 03:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #3091  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Waving hi to all- had a day of sunshine- even thought it was 50 it was beautiful here! I even went out for a walk- allergies or not! I had a quick visit to pick out Granite tops fr the bathrooms- 1/2 hour to the store - lots of construction. I then ran to Bible study, came home and was going to blog comment and I fell asleep..... Yikes. Oh well, will try to do a bit tonight.

Working the next couple of days, we are having a pot luck at work. I will most likely bring something to eat in case it is pizza or has dairy in it.....That would make for a miserable afternoon.....

Maggie- have a safe and fun - and hopefully dry trip! I am sure I will see pics on FB. I can scroll FB when working..... Boss will not be there tomorrow. Hope your throat is OK while you are traveling too.

Waving hello to all
Shelly
Did you already have granite in the bathrooms and are replacing it or is this the first you've used it? I love my granite in my kitchen.

Hope the pot luck went okay. There was a time that I was pretty particular about what I could eat too and many times would take my own food to an event to make sure that there was something that I could eat.

Not dry. :( I do have pictures, but haven't had time to get them up on FB yet. Hopefully later tonight. I have 2 DT cards that I need to have done this week and one should be on the DT blog tomorrow night; the other one is on Friday. Speaking of which, I have NO idea why I picked the image that I did for my OSAAT card. It is going to take some real ingenuity and creativity to come up with a card for the image. :confused:

My throat got better, but I did have issues flying. On the way to SLC, my left ear itched like crazy and I kept trying to scratch it with my tongue. I also had a time clearing my ears to pop and open. I've been taking the Zyrtec in the morning and night, but I've still got some sinus issues and blowing my nose a lot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 03:35 PM   #3092  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
hugs everyone!

happy belated birthday shelly!!

feeling better... baby came down with a teething fever earlier in the week so i've been dealing with a lack of sleep from that and all my time has been dedicated to an extremely clingy baby. but today's the first day i have been able to get him to stay down for naps without needing me next to him or someone to carry him so i'm enjoying my freedom!!!! haha.

take care guys!!
Oh, poor you and the little one. My oldest DD used to get fever when she was teething also and it was always a little scary for me since it would get pretty high. Glad that he's doing better and giving you a break.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 03:36 PM   #3093  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good to 'see' you here Kel - hope baby continues to improve :-)

NZ is rocking again - there have been some strong quakes around the north of the South Island the last few days - this afternoons were 6.3 and then 4.2 in the last hour :-)
Heard about the earthquake in Nepal. How tragic for that country. I'm glad that you guys are okay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #3094  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Morning, lovelies!

Nice to see so many faces!!

Maggie - I must have missed why your flying out to SLC, but hope you have a great trip and safe flight!

Waving to all ~ Barb, Jeanette, Kristie .............. hugs!
Thursday, flew to SLC for my DGD's college graduation from BYU as well as her DH. They are both now officially graduated although now they will be working toward going back to school for the Masters - at least DH will, but DGD says that she wants to get a Masters also. They have to work for at least 2 years before they can apply. It was 2 days of graduation exercises. On Saturday my DD, SIL, and I flew to CA to go to my other DGD's final HS Musical performance. They did a fabulous job and she had a dance solo that they just put into the show a week and a half before the opening. She did a great job on her dance solo. I just stayed there overnight and flew back home yesterday afternoon. Quick trip, but I'm glad I got it all done in one weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 03:44 PM   #3095  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maxine, be careful with those earthquakes out there! Yikes!!!! Glad you got the new printer.

We had a whopper of a storm last night and tornadoes about 10 miles from us. Lots of tree limbs down and all that kind of good stuff - plus 2 inches of rain, which was very nice! We'll be wishing for that this summer I'm sure. Although it already feels like summer since we're up to 94 degrees today!

Jim is doing so much better now!!!!!!! Finally! He's not using the walker at all and is only using oxygen at night. He still can't do a lot but at least he's better. Blood level was up to 12 last time which is wonderful. We go back on Tuesday to have tested again. All is good with me except for being busy mowing, weed eating, cleaning flower beds, etc. Never ending story. I need a full time gardener, maid, and cook!!!!!!!! LOL! Oh, and no garden this year since I can't run the tiller without it almost killing me. I got Jim two tomato plants to baby and that's going to be it. Sad.

Has anyone gotten the Misti yet? I got mine about a month ago but have only had a chance to use it a couple of times. I LOVE it!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'll get by everyone's blog tomorrow hopefully.
So glad to hear that Jim is doing so much better. It's probably best that he not be out doing any of the yard work just yet. The heat and dirt/dust probably wouldn't be good for him.

I'm still working on the maid situation. Glad to have someone to mow, but still have to figure out if I'm going to have him do my gardens or whether I hire a landscaper.

What is a "Misti"? I have never heard of that.

I did get notice from SU that I'm in pending now. I'm planning to place an order off of the retired list, but I don't think it will be enough to keep me out of pending, so I'll be kicked off the team in another month or so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #3096  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

Good Morning Everyone! It is a beautiful, sunny and kind of warm morning in SE Wisconsin. We are to have good weather all week, temps in the 60's and sunshine! I hope it is a great start to your week too!
We had pretty nice weather today. The rain came early before I got up out of bed. It's supposed to get a little cool tonight, but I think we'll have dry weather the rest of the week. I just hope we have sunshine this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 03:48 PM   #3097  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Yikes! It has been a long time since I've been on SCS. I've been way too busy! Our annual state-wide Women's Conference was last week - so I was out of town three days. It was a FANTASTIC meeting, though exhausting.

This week I have meetings EVERY day. Sheesh! And I leave Saturday for my mission trip, so I have lots of last minute things to do in that regard, too.

I am popping my head into the threads this morning, but don't have time to read and catch up, so please let me know if I missed anything important. Thanks!

Hugs for all!
Busy, busy, busy! I hope your meetings go well this week and you have a fabulous mission trip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 05:11 PM   #3098  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still hanging around. Last week I overdid it with the walking and/or using the elliptical...think it was more the walking at lunchtime since it's not all even ground and it was a bit chilly. Have been having all kinds of aches and pains. I finally felt pretty good Saturday afternoon and then I did something to my left ankle last night and it's a bit painful to walk. Right now it's not as bad as it was this morning so hopefully it will go away in another day or so. I haven't slept well the last few nights so I have not been in the mood to do much. Just now getting a card up on the blog that I made for my niece's birthday on Saturday, finished it about 2 hours before we left lol. I will try to catch up on the thread here and blogs tomorrow night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 04:10 AM   #3099  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh! OH! Tomorrow is Wednesday! I sure hope Barb is going to be nice tomorrow and share! #hopingforaSmoochyWednesday

Maggie, I'm so glad you quoted/commented to everyone. It gave me a chance to catch up here in the thread a bit! THANK YOU! I'm so glad you enjoyed your fast trip to DGD and her DH's graduation!

Kristie, ouch! I'm sorry to hear you overdid it a bit. Take care!

Lynn, I saw a video on the misti but don't own one. It looks fascinating! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yours, even if you haven't used it much.

Maxine, I hope you get the printer problem fixed soon. That is frustrating, I'm sure.

Shelly, sounds like your bathroom will be lovely with its new countertops!

Kel, you and your little guy must be exhausted. (((HUGS)))

Barb, our weather is sunny, though a bit chilly. DH has been busy planting tomatoes. Have you planted any yet?

Kelly, how are things with your family?

Waving at everyone else!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 07:31 PM   #3100  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
I'm still hanging around. Last week I overdid it with the walking and/or using the elliptical...think it was more the walking at lunchtime since it's not all even ground and it was a bit chilly. Have been having all kinds of aches and pains. I finally felt pretty good Saturday afternoon and then I did something to my left ankle last night and it's a bit painful to walk. Right now it's not as bad as it was this morning so hopefully it will go away in another day or so. I haven't slept well the last few nights so I have not been in the mood to do much. Just now getting a card up on the blog that I made for my niece's birthday on Saturday, finished it about 2 hours before we left lol. I will try to catch up on the thread here and blogs tomorrow night.
I have started walking at lunch time again. Wow! it really got to the upper legs and hips. Just hope I can keep it up. I hope that your ankle and foot feel better. Don't overdo it or you'll end up really injuring yourself.

I'm so behind on visiting blogs also. I hope to get to do that tomorrow night. Then I get to start working on getting my storage room organized. Fun project
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 04:17 AM   #3101  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maggie, I'm so behind, too! Yikes!

Well, yesterday was interesting. After I got home from running errands (buying things I need for my trip as well as the groceries my guys will need while I'm gone) I discovered I had received an email from our Dominican Team coordinator. New information! :shock: The Dominican team learned that we need to be prepared to teach about 7-8 different topics (20 minutes each) this coming week. I quickly chose one of the topics - Teamwork - and got to work researching it. I guess you know what I'll be working on today. :rolleyes: ;)

How's everybody else doing?

Hugs for all!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 04:25 AM   #3102  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Jeanette--we have trays of plants in the greenhouse, but have not planted any thing in the garden yet. We are still getting frost overnight--it froze again overnight. We do not plant outside until the middle of May.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 04:29 AM   #3103  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is Wednesday--let's celebrate hump day with Smoochy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 04:49 AM   #3104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Smoochy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Smoochy!

Barb, I guess it IS a bit too early for you to plant things in your garden then. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #3105  
Quacker Stamper

Got an e-mail for the owner of CK blog that my card wasn't on the DT Blog although I posted my blog and the image on it. I posted it last night so not sure what happened to it. I need to e-mail it to her tonight so she can put it on the blog for tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #3106  
Quacker Stamper

Busy here and at home.

I did go out for my walk at lunch time today and as I walked into the mall, there was a sign in the LOFT store that they were having a 50% off your entire purchase today, so when I was done my walk, I stopped on in there to look at what they had. I do love LOFT. I found 2 cute pairs of Capris with tops and then 2 other tops. The sales lady also told me that they had a store card I could buy for $25 and then get an extra 20% off of my purchases so I did that and saved big bucks! The card is good until June 1, so I'll have to keep an eye out and see if they have more sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #3107  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow Maggie that was great buying!!
Jeanette you sound rather busy... All the best with your study.
Barb we too cannot plant until late in the spring thanks to late frosts :-(.
I had to go to the plastics clinic at Waikato Hospital yesterday, and it was confirmed that the small area on my face that won't heal is a cancer, not aggressive, that will need to come out. That will possibly happen in 3-4 months as day surgery....
I try to sell cards in craft shop in town. They are very slow moving, and I went in the other day to check, and although none had sold, I came out with an order for four personalised
cards.
Waving to you all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 12:17 PM   #3108  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Hi girls! I'm sooo far behind! Life is just overdrive here! I can't catch my breath!
Between bible study ending this month, book club ending, Boy Scouts ending, a ton of dr appts and dentist appts for the kids (and me!), back and forth to school drop offs and pick ups, rehearsals, I'm barely able to squeeze in sleep, keeping the house and jogging the poor puppies around the blocks!

I'm living on Starbucks and prayers

I haven't made a single card in weeks. I'm so far behind in crafting and DT work! My daughter graduates in weeks - can't hard believe it. She also has to decide THE COLLEGE out of 3 by tonight. She has made her choice but has teetered on the edge for weeks ... it's a tough choice, but we are family of faith and I know that God will direct here where she is meant to go ♥

It's raining torrentially here and I'm wishing I could put my jammies and fuzzy socks on and just stay in - sadly, I must dash out to church in a bit to drop off forms and sign some other ones - bah! :(

Many hugs to you all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 11:12 PM   #3109  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts
Default Hello!

Waving hello- breezing thru before I get to bed. I too am running behind again- will get to blogs on Friday hopefully!

I am working tomorrow- worked extra today as I missed Monday. I burned my Rt hand- palm side pretty badly. I went to the doc on Tuesday and they gave me a cream- I am shocked how well it has reduced the red and taken the blisters away : ) Oh that hurt!!!

I ran out and ordered the tub, toilets, shower hears and faucet hardware Tuesday- the contractor gives my his discount, so instead of $5000, it was only $3450 - WOW! I was shocked when I saw that and feeling so happy he gives us his discount!

We are having company Friday nite, and I have magazines and templates, etc all over the kitchen table- sorting out craft room items before moving them upstairs. It is fun to see the old trends in the magazines and how everything changed with dies.....and how magazines have morphed in Style a bit- others just the same! One of these days, I will create and send some cards into magazines- has anyone done this?

We are going on Saturday to buy a car finally. Stephi graduates on the 9th and 10th- she will have a degree in Math, Chemistry and Environmental Sciences. Two of the ceremonies are together, so we have 2 ceremonies to attend.

Off to bed : )

Waving hi to all : )
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2015, 04:00 AM   #3110  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yesterday was super busy and today will be, too. I can't believe I'll be leaving for my mission trip in less than 48 hours. Yikes!

No time to chat. :( I must dash!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2015, 05:16 AM   #3111  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Thursday and hoping it is Terrific for You!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2015, 11:34 AM   #3112  
Hardware Hotshot

Yes Jeanette I can see Friday and it's looking good. Frosty and clear with the promise of a great day :-).

Spent the evening at ED last night. I scratched the back of my right hand about 5p.m. By 8 it was swollen and red...... So I took myself up there. Got home at 10pm after a dose of IV meds, and an appointment to go back for more this evening. Oh and a note that I am off work until the 5th May :-). Yeah right!!! Still swollen this morning but not as angry, thankfully.
Waving carefully to you all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2015, 05:56 PM   #3113  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Wow Maggie that was great buying!!
Jeanette you sound rather busy... All the best with your study.
Barb we too cannot plant until late in the spring thanks to late frosts :-(.
I had to go to the plastics clinic at Waikato Hospital yesterday, and it was confirmed that the small area on my face that won't heal is a cancer, not aggressive, that will need to come out. That will possibly happen in 3-4 months as day surgery....
I try to sell cards in craft shop in town. They are very slow moving, and I went in the other day to check, and although none had sold, I came out with an order for four personalised
cards.
Waving to you all.
Sorry to hear that you're going to have to have surgery Maxine. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. How's DH doing?

That's so great that there is a craft store close to you where you can sell your cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #3114  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hi girls! I'm sooo far behind! Life is just overdrive here! I can't catch my breath!
Between bible study ending this month, book club ending, Boy Scouts ending, a ton of dr appts and dentist appts for the kids (and me!), back and forth to school drop offs and pick ups, rehearsals, I'm barely able to squeeze in sleep, keeping the house and jogging the poor puppies around the blocks!

I'm living on Starbucks and prayers

I haven't made a single card in weeks. I'm so far behind in crafting and DT work! My daughter graduates in weeks - can't hard believe it. She also has to decide THE COLLEGE out of 3 by tonight. She has made her choice but has teetered on the edge for weeks ... it's a tough choice, but we are family of faith and I know that God will direct here where she is meant to go ♥

It's raining torrentially here and I'm wishing I could put my jammies and fuzzy socks on and just stay in - sadly, I must dash out to church in a bit to drop off forms and sign some other ones - bah! :(

Many hugs to you all!
So, did she decide yet? My DGD is going to the University of Utah. She's all set with her dorm room and roommate. They've already met virtually and she seems really nice. She's a double major - ballet and business.

Boss will be out of the office tomorrow at an all day seminar. He's so funny and knows me so well. When I got to the office on Tuesday, there was a bag of Bark Thins on my chair - dark chocolate bark with pumpkin seeds in it. Yummy! He missed me. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #3115  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Waving hello- breezing thru before I get to bed. I too am running behind again- will get to blogs on Friday hopefully!

I am working tomorrow- worked extra today as I missed Monday. I burned my Rt hand- palm side pretty badly. I went to the doc on Tuesday and they gave me a cream- I am shocked how well it has reduced the red and taken the blisters away : ) Oh that hurt!!!

I ran out and ordered the tub, toilets, shower hears and faucet hardware Tuesday- the contractor gives my his discount, so instead of $5000, it was only $3450 - WOW! I was shocked when I saw that and feeling so happy he gives us his discount!

We are having company Friday nite, and I have magazines and templates, etc all over the kitchen table- sorting out craft room items before moving them upstairs. It is fun to see the old trends in the magazines and how everything changed with dies.....and how magazines have morphed in Style a bit- others just the same! One of these days, I will create and send some cards into magazines- has anyone done this?

We are going on Saturday to buy a car finally. Stephi graduates on the 9th and 10th- she will have a degree in Math, Chemistry and Environmental Sciences. Two of the ceremonies are together, so we have 2 ceremonies to attend.

Off to bed : )

Waving hi to all : )
Shelly
Sorry about your hand Shelly. Glad that you got something to help it heal.

What a great guy that contractor is to let you use his discount. Is he going to do the work or are you doing it yourselves? Good luck with the remodel.

Wow! And a car to boot! What are you going to get?

Stephi sure has been busy - What is she going to pursue once she's out of school? She's got lots to choose from.

I've sent cards in to a magazine or two a few years ago, never had one chosen. They were virtual magazines online. I haven't had the time to do anything like that recently.

I actually placed an SU order the other night off the retired list. Some of them were really great deals that I couldn't pass up. At least it gets me out of pending for now. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2015, 06:28 PM   #3116  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Yes Jeanette I can see Friday and it's looking good. Frosty and clear with the promise of a great day :-).

Spent the evening at ED last night. I scratched the back of my right hand about 5p.m. By 8 it was swollen and red...... So I took myself up there. Got home at 10pm after a dose of IV meds, and an appointment to go back for more this evening. Oh and a note that I am off work until the 5th May :-). Yeah right!!! Still swollen this morning but not as angry, thankfully.
Waving carefully to you all
OMG Maxine! That 's terrible that a simple scratch could cause that much trouble. How did you scratch it? What did you scratch it on? Hopefully it's doing much better today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2015, 12:21 AM   #3117  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for your concern Maggie - the hand is healing slowly - I still have a third lot of IV's to go tomorrow, and then it will be reviewed. I scratched it on some wood when moving another piece.... not the wisest move!! :-(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2015, 04:40 AM   #3118  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Woo Hoo! Today is FRIDAY!

I hope your day is FABULOUS!

Mine will be! I'm sure!!! BUT... it's going to be a super busy day! Therefore I'm not hanging around here to chat. I'm just dashing through.

I have my suitcases mostly packed. I need to run to the store and get a few last minute items to go in them, plus I need to charge the devices I'm taking and then stick in the chargers. We have a meeting tonight... and I have some DT things to tend to today, as well.

FYI I'll be leaving EARLY tomorrow morning (my mission trip to the Dominican Republic) and will be gone all next week. The week after that is the CWJC 4-day training event an hour from my home, which I'm going to do my best to attend. Sooooooo... I'll be back on SCS ASAP, but I'm not sure when that will be. ;)

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 05-01-2015 at 05:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2015, 05:20 AM   #3119  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy May Day and Happy Friday!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2015, 05:25 AM   #3120  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Woo Hoo! Today is FRIDAY!

I hope your day is FABULOUS!

Mine will be! I'm sure!!! BUT... it's going to be a super busy day! Therefore I'm not hanging around here to chat. I'm just dashing through.

I have my suitcases mostly packed. I need to run to the store and get a few last minute items to go in them, plus I need to charge the devices I'm taking and then stick in the chargers. We have a meeting tonight... and I have some DT things to tend to today, as well.

FYI I'll be leaving EARLY tomorrow morning (my mission trip to the Dominican Republic) and will be gone all next week. The week after that is the CWJC 4-day training event an hour from my home, which I'm going to do my best to attend. Sooooooo... I'll be back on SCS ASAP, but I'm not sure when that will be. ;)

Hugs for all!!!

Jeanette! Hope you have an AWESOME mission trip! Travel safely and we'll see you when we see you! ;) We'll miss you too! :(
Reply With Quote Likes