Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #1921  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Great to catch up on all your news - so sorry to hear about your Mum's health issues Shelly - those TIA's are always scary. :-( .

Oh Kelly what a disappointment that the technical difficulties plagued the opera - so glad your daughter showed such aplomb in her role.

Maggie I hope those injections work for you - DH is currently suffering a frozen shoulder and it is a real pain :-(

Barb I hope the pet sitting goes well.

Kristie I hope your mum can relax and recover so that the Disney adventure is all that you have hoped it will be. Sunds as though your weekend crop was great, and very productive!

Kel you must be so busy with three little ones, especially a new born - it's good to see you pop in now and again.

Lynn I hope you have given up the rodeo's - they are not kind to us ladies of a certain age ;-)

Yes I am having fun using my new phone - quite the learning curve. The chaos is quietening, and DSL has been doing some maintenance around the house, especially 'unsticking' cupboard doors and the like. It's been a shock to the system to go from two to six in the house, but we are getting there - I think.

Better go and start dinner - it's much earlier these days :-)
Thanks Maxine. Sorry about your DH's frozen shoulder. That is the worst issue with my DD in CA also. It's very painful when she goes to PT, but she seems to be working through it. Does your DH do some exercises for his?

LOL! I'm sure you guys are probably running into each other whichever way you turn, but I'm sure they will settle in nicely and it will all work out for the best. It must be great too to have the little ones there with you when you can have snuggle time whenever you want.

I'm starting to debate whether I want a smart phone the next time I need a new one.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2014, 06:43 AM   #1922  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

48 hours to go and counting! I don't want to gooooooooooooooooooo!
My son's Cub Scout troop is camping this weekend. SO. NOT. ME!
I'm actually stressing about it more than you can possibly know, but I'm trying to
put my big girl panties on and just deal with it, LOL!!!

We actually gave all our things away 10 years ago! I had to borrow a tent - turns out it's a huge 20 person tent for 3 people! (my dd17 is going with us, my ds and I) Dh was supposed to do all this part but that didn't work out so I'll just suck it up and go and make sure he has the time of his life with his den That's what we moms do, right?!!!!!!! We have all the rest (sterno, lanterns, etc) because well, Miami has a lot of hurricanes and power outtages, LOL!

We leave Friday and wont' get back til Sunday night - wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Shelly and Maggie and Maxine -- I hope your mom, yourself (shoulder, etc) and your dh are all doing better - and Kristie, your mom, too ..........

Hugs all around!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2014, 07:50 AM   #1923  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,296 Likes on 2,483 Posts

I have been waking up an hour or so early, but this morning I did sleep until the alarm--YAY!

The stamp a stack was fun. I am missing the quarterly Camp Stamp-in-Oga this weekend as I am going to be at our state AD convention. I love that--we made 5 cards and there are door prizes and raffles and fun times. You can also sign up to stay the rest of the day and use all of the SU items my demo and a few other demos bring--like almost every current stamp set, all punches, dies, ink pads, etc. There is also a rummage sale and I do have items in for that--Sarah has a box or two left over from last time and I just packed a bag of paper to bring over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I've been having a big of difficulty myself adjusting to the time change. I'm waking up too often during the night. Able to get back to sleep, but I don't like waking up more than once.

Hope you had fun at the Stamp a Stack. I need to do that on my own. ;)

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2014, 04:30 PM   #1924  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kelly, that's going to be fun camping and all. You'll end up enjoying it I'm sure.

Barb, that's fun to dog sit - but then I wouldn't want it to go home either.

Maxine, just read from someone about your husband having a frozen shoulder....uck! Know that's not fun. How are things going with the family and all? I'm sure everyone is settling in.

Maggie, if you haven't already, you'll be getting rain! WE GOT RAIN FINALLY!!!! It started raining last night about 8:00 and is still at it. A very light but steady one. It's COLD though too - well, 54, but that's cold to us. It was nice not to have to go anywhere today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #1925  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello!

Finally, time to cruise blogs! You ladies are so fun and amazing- and I see so many images that are so adorable!

Word from home is Mom had a better day- yesterday she was sick- most likely from a rx to Lipitor. Yes Maggie, she is on a blood thinner for ~ 8 yrs now. She does have high B/P, and interestingly, after a 'brain incident', they want the B/P to run a bit higher to make sure the area gets good perfusion/blood flow. So, where she used to run 110-120/ now they want her 140 ish...... The doc told her this is a precursor to a big one, so get medical attn immediately if any come on..... My brother is at their home and is working with them on a few things that need to be done- he is really good at being diplomatic and getting the parentals to listen.....: )

Maxine- so sorry to hear about hubby's shoulder. Yikes- and it looks like you had a little time to get away and create- hope you are doing well with a house full of peoples- little and big!

Kelly- Oh- what a fun memory for you all- I look forward to hearing about your camping adventure. In the old days, we camped- even rented an RV once and went on a huge trip.....!

Lynn- Yeah for you - you do not sing that rain rain go away song, do you? 54- wow- same as it is here. No coat for me- just a heavy sweater.....

Barb- hope the sleeping improves- I got myself straightened out bu being in Ky (which is an hour ahead) when the clocks went back an hour, and the lack of sleep with Mom in the hospital...... I am going to 'try' to get to bed by midnight for the next week- see if I can get my clock adjusted a little earlier. hehehe Your SU gathering sounds so cool. Does the demo loose sales cause she lets you use her sets??? Some, I use once and never touch again....

Maggie- yep- snow here last weekend. Stephi's race in Lexington- snow and 32...! really- the week before, it was 60's and we were riding bikes! Glad to hear your shoulder is doing a bit better.

Hoping Jeanette is having a great weekend- and to everyone else as well!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2014, 05:16 AM   #1926  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning-this week is going pretty fast and I have accomplished a lot in the stamp room too. Dog sitting is going well and they go home tonight. Their owners took a short trip to NYC.

It is a yucky day outside today--rain and wind and cold--just like November is supposed to be!

I also opened up a new swap last night--Congrats Cards--come and join us! Link is in my siggy.

I do not think the demos sales go down because we use their sets--I think many ladies place orders during the camp because we "need" the stamp or die or whatever that we tried.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2014, 06:03 AM   #1927  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

48 hours to go and counting! I don't want to gooooooooooooooooooo!
My son's Cub Scout troop is camping this weekend. SO. NOT. ME!
I'm actually stressing about it more than you can possibly know, but I'm trying to
put my big girl panties on and just deal with it, LOL!!!

We actually gave all our things away 10 years ago! I had to borrow a tent - turns out it's a huge 20 person tent for 3 people! (my dd17 is going with us, my ds and I) Dh was supposed to do all this part but that didn't work out so I'll just suck it up and go and make sure he has the time of his life with his den That's what we moms do, right?!!!!!!! We have all the rest (sterno, lanterns, etc) because well, Miami has a lot of hurricanes and power outtages, LOL!

We leave Friday and wont' get back til Sunday night - wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Shelly and Maggie and Maxine -- I hope your mom, yourself (shoulder, etc) and your dh are all doing better - and Kristie, your mom, too ..........

Hugs all around!
I am so NOT a camper. I went a few times when I was a GS Leader many years ago, but not fond of the bugs and sleeping in a tent. I went once with my sis's troop, and during the night we had a blue norther blow in and it got so cold and it rained. Luckily they had a ladies rest room so we all went in there and waited for all the parents to come pick up their girls. Hope you'll have a fun time with all the kids.

Thanks for the shoulder wishes. I wish I could say it was all better, but I can still feel the pull with some of the exercises I'm doing. I'm giving it the 2 weeks until I call them. I'll be gone 1/2 of next week, so I'll call them when I get back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2014, 06:03 AM   #1928  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
I have been waking up an hour or so early, but this morning I did sleep until the alarm--YAY!

The stamp a stack was fun. I am missing the quarterly Camp Stamp-in-Oga this weekend as I am going to be at our state AD convention. I love that--we made 5 cards and there are door prizes and raffles and fun times. You can also sign up to stay the rest of the day and use all of the SU items my demo and a few other demos bring--like almost every current stamp set, all punches, dies, ink pads, etc. There is also a rummage sale and I do have items in for that--Sarah has a box or two left over from last time and I just packed a bag of paper to bring over.
wow! Sounds like a fun weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2014, 06:05 AM   #1929  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Kelly, that's going to be fun camping and all. You'll end up enjoying it I'm sure.

Barb, that's fun to dog sit - but then I wouldn't want it to go home either.

Maxine, just read from someone about your husband having a frozen shoulder....uck! Know that's not fun. How are things going with the family and all? I'm sure everyone is settling in.

Maggie, if you haven't already, you'll be getting rain! WE GOT RAIN FINALLY!!!! It started raining last night about 8:00 and is still at it. A very light but steady one. It's COLD though too - well, 54, but that's cold to us. It was nice not to have to go anywhere today.
YES! We started getting rain yesterday and I had a good downpour at my house from the looks of things when I got home.

Such a dreary day here this morning. We had light mist coming down on my way in to work, but it's supposed to clear up around noon which is a good thing because I have a luncheon to go to today at a really fancy restaurant. It's sponsored by our 401(k) advisors about retirement. I thought I'd go and find out all that I'm not doing that I'm supposed to be doing. It will either give me encouragement that I'm heading there or discourage me to know that I'll be working forever! They were talking about this on NPR this morning how so many people 65 and older are staying in the work force these days and not retiring because they can't afford it. They need that extra income.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2014, 06:09 AM   #1930  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ladies!!

Just stopping in before I don't get a chance to say goodbye before the long (ack!) weekend! I have so much to do before we leave - bright and early tomorrow and won't be back til Sunday night. I wish I could say I had an ounce of excitement about going but I don't - LOL! I love my son and his fun outgoing personality so I'm hoping to pull from that and just DEAL! ♥ Might I add I don't know a single soul going! Camping is bad enough, with a bunch of strangers is absolutely nerve wracking! I also camped with my dd with the Girl Scouts for years, but those were all good friends and we had cabins, lol - now I'm down to a rickety ol tent and lots of bugs and boys - bleh! LOL!!! ;)

So we're off! I wish you a wonderful weekend and I'll see you all on Monday!!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 11-06-2014 at 06:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2014, 06:35 AM   #1931  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Have fun Kelly!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #1932  
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, with your personality, you'll be best friends with everyone long before Sunday when you come home!

Maggie, hope the shoulder improves!

Barb, it's yucky weather here too.....but rain is always good around here!!! Can't complain one little bit.

Shelly, glad your mom is doing better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 04:42 AM   #1933  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,948 Likes on 3,841 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

We're home - well, I'm home for a few days. I leave again next week for a 4-day trip to a women's meeting in Tennessee. ;)

I missed Kelly... by now she's on her way. I think you're right, Lynn, Kelly will have a lot of new friends before this weekend is over.

Shelly, I'm glad your mom is doing a bit better now!

Maxine, it sounds like things are going reasonably well with the adjustments at your home. (((HUGS)))

Barb, I think it's fabulous that you have so many "group" stamping opportunities!

Waving at everyone else!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 06:04 AM   #1934  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Friday! I am off to do a bunch of errands this morning, including getting a new phone! Then tonight, we are heading to Wis. Dells for a convention and I will not be back until Tuesday afternoon. I am taking my laptop and will check in when I am able.

Have a Great Weekend and a Wonderful start to a new week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 06:04 AM   #1935  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Welcome Home Jeanette! You come home and I leave...................................

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 06:40 AM   #1936  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks Barb!

And you'll come home next Tuesday................. and then I'll leave. LOL! We have a system going, it seems. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #1937  
Crimping Master

Hi ladies,
Long week here. I haven't been feeling well...not sure if it's allergies since we turned the heat on at work or if I have a cold. One day I start feeling better and the next I feel worse. I'm going to get my allergy shots tomorrow morning so will have the doctor look me over. Then we have Amber's annual vet appt and my Mom wants me to take her to Joanns.

Welcome back, Jeanette and have fun at your convention, Barb.
Kelly - hope you are having fun camping!
Shelly - I hope your mom is doing better.

Hi to everyone else...I did read the thread last night but can't remember everything I've read. Just now I'm thinking of you all. Hoping to hop around to blogs tonight and over the weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #1938  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Kristie! Thank you... I'm home for a few days.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #1939  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

One week on and we have all survived - young Mr 2 yr old has really turned into the proverbial 'Terrible Two' at the moment and squeals like a banshee when crossed, disciplined or just wanting his own way....... Miss 4 interrogates me whenever I am doing something she is not familiar with, so it's a bit challenging :-)

Tomorrow i am locking myself into my studio and not answering to any child!! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #1940  
Hardware Hotshot

Now I have got that off my chest.... It's good to be able to pop in here and see you all chatting and catching up on all the gossip ;-)

Maggie I hope you shoulder responds to the treatment you are having.

Kristie I trust you Mum is doing well and will enjoy the trip to Disney World (?).

Barb and Jeanette - are you being naughty to each other then running away, alternating the running by the looks of it???!!

Kelly I agree with Lynn that you will come home with loads of new friends - hope you enjoy the experience :-)

Kel - how is that wee boy of yours doing now? Time passes sox quickly when they are so tiny. Enjoy the cuddles while you can.

Blessings to you all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2014, 05:27 AM   #1941  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I hope it's a FABULOUSLY FUN one!

Maxine, you make me SMILE! And yes, I think you should lock yourself up - I mean IN - your studio for the day! ;)

Oh, and just so you know......... it's ALL Barb's fault. I'm totally innocent.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #1942  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ooh so much going on. hope everyone's having a nice weekend so far. DH decided to invite all our friends over for dinner to celebrate my birthday and have them meet the baby... but of course that means i've been stressing trying to get the house in order after over a month of just barely doing the minimum... messy but not dirty if you know what i mean.

oh well. nursing break is over, baby's content so i'm back to cleaning up!! lol. hoping to check in better tomorrow and stop by everyone's blogs when i get a chance. also hoping to get this layout photo'd and blogged today too... maybe my next break from cleaning! haha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2014, 07:41 PM   #1943  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hi

Oh Kel- I do that when I clean- I need breaks and I procrastinate too..... And, I bet with two older ones, you just cherish sitting and holding a baby : )
And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

Kristie- hope you are feeling better. I am the same way- feeling fine one day, and stuffy the next. My allergist said I can graduate from allergy shots every 2 weeks and move to shots every three weeks- I am going to wait until it freezes for a number of days before I do that so I do not get sick.

Maxine- bless you! I was one of those inquisitive kids that asked lots of questions- always had to know how everything worked.....and still am : )

Jeanette- welcome home : ) You are doing lots of traveling the last few months. Will you be doing another mission next summer?

Barb- have a great time at your convention : ) Stay warmmmmmm!

Lynn- you are right- Kelly will come home with a ton of new friends.

Mom is doing OK she gets tired really easily and does not really get anything productive accomplished. She usually does not sit, so this is interesting. My #4 brother was there all week and has just headed back to Dallas, and my # 2 brother and his wife are in until Tuesday. Mom said she was finally getting a good meal, so brother #4 must not cook much. Mom is a fab cook, so when the folks complain about food, it does not always mean the food was really too bad......

I worked today, and am going to stamp some tomorrow. We went to a friends 60th B-day party last night - had a blast, but I am tired tonight. It feels way later after the time change- it gets dark by 4:40PM.....

Does anyone already have any plans for Thanksgiving? Geepers, I saw a countdown to Christmas on Kelly's blog- 40 days or so......yikes!

Have a great weekend
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2014, 11:31 PM   #1944  
Hardware Hotshot

Yay - I did it - I prepared for class this week, and made a card and have done a blog entry!!! A successful day :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2014, 07:05 AM   #1945  
Crimping Master

Quote:

One week on and we have all survived - young Mr 2 yr old has really turned into the proverbial 'Terrible Two' at the moment and squeals like a banshee when crossed, disciplined or just wanting his own way....... Miss 4 interrogates me whenever I am doing something she is not familiar with, so it's a bit challenging :-)

Tomorrow i am locking myself into my studio and not answering to any child!! ;-)
LOL...aren't 2 year olds fun! Yesterday my Mom was watching my nephew and he went straight into my Mom's room and got on the bed with his shoes on. My sister says "Kaleb, no shoes on the bed" and he goes "No Gigi's bed, Mimi's bed" Gigi is his dad's mom...so funny at 2 1/2 he knows who has what rules and how to get around them!

I hope you enjoy your time in the studio today!

I took my Mom out yesterday for some craft shopping. She is doing okay...still a bit weak from the surgery itself. I think her body just wasn't used to all the stuff they put into her during the surgery. She hasn't taken any pain meds since last weekend so she is doing okay in that respect...not sure she is really ready to go back to work though. We have her appointment on Wednesday afternoon to get test results and for the doctor to decide how to proceed. She is very much looking forward to the trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2014, 07:07 AM   #1946  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
ooh so much going on. hope everyone's having a nice weekend so far. DH decided to invite all our friends over for dinner to celebrate my birthday and have them meet the baby... but of course that means i've been stressing trying to get the house in order after over a month of just barely doing the minimum... messy but not dirty if you know what i mean.
I hope you enjoyed birthday dinner and didn't stress out too much! My stepsister was planning to visit my Mom yesterday and Mom said oh no, we'll (her & my stepdad) will come to you lol...she didn't feel like cleaning the house and having kids run around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #1947  
Crimping Master

I went to get my allergy shots yesterday and it turned into me getting 3 breathing treatments instead and no shots...ugh. I'm on a prednisone taper for 6 days and have to call doctor to check in tomorrow. I don't really feel that sick but my peak flow meter said otherwise. I still ended up taking Mom out yesterday because she was really looking forward to it. Today is time to rest and some bare minimum cleaning that is long overdue.

No Thanksgiving plans yet. We usually go to my parents but haven't confirmed with Mike yet to see what his Mom & sister are up to. I suppose we need to decide soon! Although my parents usually make the same amount no matter who shows up lol...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 04:04 AM   #1948  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Congratulations, Maxine... so glad you did it! ;)

Happy Birthday, Kel... sorry I missed greeting you earlier!

Shelly, I loved reading your post! I am still undecided on a mission trip for next year. I will be going to see our DD in the spring, so not sure finances will also allow a mission trip. Our state director is trying her best to get me to agree to go on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic with her in May... so we'll see. ;) I'm glad your mom is doing as well as she is. And it's good that she's taking it easy - even if she's not enjoying others' cooking. Thanksgiving plans? Well, it's just going to be the three of us - the other two won't be coming home. And we'll already be decorated for Christmas... so we'll probably go out to eat that day and try to enjoy the new norm that seems to bee our Thanksgiving tradition.

Kristie, I'm also glad your mom is doing as well as she is... and that she's looking forward to your trip!

Waving at Barb, Kelly, Maggie, and whoever else I've missed!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 05:18 AM   #1949  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, friends! We are home, thankfully so!

Thanksgiving plans here are at my house - I'm always the chef at T-giving and love it - it's my husband's favorite holiday! He loves all the chatter and commotion and the FOOD!

Well camping went okay - not the trip I expected it to be! Sadly, we had a few things that made it not the best but overall, my son enjoyed himself and was very busy, learned so many things and enjoys being a Scout. We are blessed with an incredible leader!

We were blessed with great weather, cooked out on the open fire, swam, hiked, tracked satelites and stars, earned badges, shared wonderful stories and s'mores and for the most part, some of the parents were pretty nice Our borrowed tent was leaky and rickety! It was SOOOOOOOOO cold the first night!! I heard it dipped into the 50's, remember, this is Florida. That's an artic Tundra, LOL. All I had was a tiny little blanket as I gave the kids (I took my dd17 with me the first night) the sleeping bags and extra blankets and they were snoring like bears within 2 minutes!

The weather during the day lead to hiking, trail explorations, knot tying, Olympic events, swimming (the weather was gorgeous the next day!) and lot of down time which was really fun. My dd17 got SUPER SICK - I think it was heat stroke. My dh had to drive down and pick her up, drop off dd19 who 'wanted to try camping!" LOL I was so glad she was there. Not soon after she arrived, my son had an incident with some bullies from another Den. There were 5 different dens in total there, about 110 all together w/ parents and siblings and Cub/Boy Scouts. One in particular (happens to be in his class at school) has been picking on him at school and when I saw him show up on Saturday I feared there would be some discomfort, not realizing they'd actually attack him. He got 4 of his best friends (so 5 in total) to jump him. It was awful to say the least. I get upset just thinking of it. Their den master did nothing but make them apologize - to which they just snickered and ran off. I went to the mom of the 'ring leader' nicely and introduced myself hoping to make a connection and talk to her and she literally told me to get over it, they were just playing - all her friends (moms of the other kids) all gave me dirty looks and shunned me the rest of the trip. So we just watched him carefully and I will have to talk to him anytime there is an event with ALL the Dens in the area - since when is this Scouting behavior allowed?????

After the camp fire meeting last Saturday, we decided to pack up our car because we were told that it might rain by noon. I decided I'd had enough and packed 3/4 of everyone but the tent and sleeping gear into the truck. Except it was dark. Really dark! I knew how to navigate everything but misjudged the table when collapsing it - and the leg hit me smack in the eye! I was in such pain. I couldn't see, it was swollen half shut, and my daughter had to clean up some blood right under the eye as best as she could - love her! I'm so glad she came out in her sister's place Turns out it had a small cut, no big deal, but the bruising around it - oh me oh my! I have quite a nice shiner ~ a great souvenier from the campout, LOL!

And as soon as we got up Sunday (6:30 am!) and saw the clouds, we packed up ALL our things - into the truck! Not as soon as the last tarp made it in, it started to rain ! we made it just in time and camped without a drop of rain! But as we got in the truck, it poured and lasted ALL DAY! What luck!

Overall, I learned this: Sometimes established groups and friends are a little unsure about newcomers - hold your own, enjoy the moment, make it all that it can be for what it's worth. I pushed aside anything that was happening to make it a blast for the three of us, and others when we were with them, too It didn't matter that others were doing their thing ~ my son ran around having a great time (other than that incident) and asked to go again in the future. Yes. WITH YOUR FATHER, lol!

Lots to catch up on here and so much to do so I'll see ya'll in a bit ~
thanks for listening to my rambling ♥

Hugs ♥

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 07:11 AM   #1950  
Die Cut Diva

Oh Kelly, bless your heart! I'm glad your son had a good time but overall it sounds like more of a disaster for you. No Scout leader really should have done something with those other kids and the mom should be whipped herself!!! What an ordeal. I guess you'll just have to look at the whole situation and realize that your son had fun for the most part! So sorry about the shiner! Yikes!

Thanksgiving here will probably be just Jim and I and my brother and his wife this year. We used to have up to about 24 how every year but as they get older they have other parents they have to go to also. My daughter won't have the girls for that day this year so she's saying she may just go to my sons house. David (son) and his family won't get to come this year. He's an attorney in Dallas and their firm handles hundreds of Walmart cases - along with Bass Pro Shops, and major retail establishments, etc..... Walmart requests that the attorney's all stay in town and be "on call" due to Black Friday! It's so sad, but Dallas usually has real problems with stabbings and all sorts of things them. The attorneys usually alternate every year but since David handles so many of their cases he'll usually have to oversee it all. I'm hoping to get to see them sometime around Christmas though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #1951  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks, Lynn - it's all good I learned, lol! Those are the best life lessons, I think! And my daughter is amazing with make up should I need it *grin!* I had to run to the bank this am to make a deposit (those pesky bills!) and she did a double take - how embarrassing!

I'm sorry you won't be near your son on T-giving - hopefully Christmas is in the journey of what is meant to be! I imagine being a lawyer for Walmart must be unbelievably busy!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #1952  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh my goodness... Kelly, those things should NOT happen at a boy scout gathering. The mom should be told to shape up - or keep her son at home! The leaders should deal with these sorts of matters and ensure the enjoyment and safety of all concerned.

And on top of that, a run in with the table leg. Yikes! I'm glad your personal "nurse" was there to take care of you!

(((HUGS)))

Lynn, your DS has a huge responsibility at Thanksgiving time. oh my! I'm sure he handles the drama well, but it's too bad he isn't able to come home and enjoy eating at mom's table.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #1953  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Kelly, with your personality, you'll be best friends with everyone long before Sunday when you come home!

Maggie, hope the shoulder improves!

Barb, it's yucky weather here too.....but rain is always good around here!!! Can't complain one little bit.

Shelly, glad your mom is doing better!
It is doing much better Lynn. Not completely better, but I can at least function. Of course,now my upper left back is killing me. I used my big hand massager on it last night and then laid on the heating pad before I went to sleep. If it's not one thing, it's two others. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #1954  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi ladies,
Long week here. I haven't been feeling well...not sure if it's allergies since we turned the heat on at work or if I have a cold. One day I start feeling better and the next I feel worse. I'm going to get my allergy shots tomorrow morning so will have the doctor look me over. Then we have Amber's annual vet appt and my Mom wants me to take her to Joanns.

Welcome back, Jeanette and have fun at your convention, Barb.
Kelly - hope you are having fun camping!
Shelly - I hope your mom is doing better.

Hi to everyone else...I did read the thread last night but can't remember everything I've read. Just now I'm thinking of you all. Hoping to hop around to blogs tonight and over the weekend.
This time of the year is so bad - one day cold; next day hot. Can't make up it's mind and we suffer for it. I hope you're feeling better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #1955  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh my! What a challenge for all of you. How's Grandpa holding up?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #1956  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post

oh well. nursing break is over, baby's content so i'm back to cleaning up!! lol. hoping to check in better tomorrow and stop by everyone's blogs when i get a chance. also hoping to get this layout photo'd and blogged today too... maybe my next break from cleaning! haha
Sorry I missed your birthday Kel. I hope that HE cooked that dinner and cleaned up after.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #1957  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Oh Kel- I do that when I clean- I need breaks and I procrastinate too..... And, I bet with two older ones, you just cherish sitting and holding a baby : )
And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

Kristie- hope you are feeling better. I am the same way- feeling fine one day, and stuffy the next. My allergist said I can graduate from allergy shots every 2 weeks and move to shots every three weeks- I am going to wait until it freezes for a number of days before I do that so I do not get sick.

Maxine- bless you! I was one of those inquisitive kids that asked lots of questions- always had to know how everything worked.....and still am : )

Jeanette- welcome home : ) You are doing lots of traveling the last few months. Will you be doing another mission next summer?

Barb- have a great time at your convention : ) Stay warmmmmmm!

Lynn- you are right- Kelly will come home with a ton of new friends.

Mom is doing OK she gets tired really easily and does not really get anything productive accomplished. She usually does not sit, so this is interesting. My #4 brother was there all week and has just headed back to Dallas, and my # 2 brother and his wife are in until Tuesday. Mom said she was finally getting a good meal, so brother #4 must not cook much. Mom is a fab cook, so when the folks complain about food, it does not always mean the food was really too bad......

I worked today, and am going to stamp some tomorrow. We went to a friends 60th B-day party last night - had a blast, but I am tired tonight. It feels way later after the time change- it gets dark by 4:40PM.....

Does anyone already have any plans for Thanksgiving? Geepers, I saw a countdown to Christmas on Kelly's blog- 40 days or so......yikes!

Have a great weekend
Shelly
Sorry you mom's so tired, but it does take time to get over things like that. Glad that someone is there to make her a good meal! ;) That must be hard for her also - if she loves cooking so much and not having the energy to do it herself.

Sounds like a good weekend for you.

We do Thanksgiving at my sis's house every year and one of my cousins from Florida always comes and joins us. It's a fun time of the year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #1958  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
I went to get my allergy shots yesterday and it turned into me getting 3 breathing treatments instead and no shots...ugh. I'm on a prednisone taper for 6 days and have to call doctor to check in tomorrow. I don't really feel that sick but my peak flow meter said otherwise. I still ended up taking Mom out yesterday because she was really looking forward to it. Today is time to rest and some bare minimum cleaning that is long overdue.

No Thanksgiving plans yet. We usually go to my parents but haven't confirmed with Mike yet to see what his Mom & sister are up to. I suppose we need to decide soon! Although my parents usually make the same amount no matter who shows up lol...
Sorry you didn't get your allergy shots, but I guess the doctor is doing the right thing. Sorry that you have to be on that steroid. I've had to take it twice in my life, and won't want to do that again. Every time I did, I gaind 15 pounds. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #1959  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning, friends! We are home, thankfully so!

Thanksgiving plans here are at my house - I'm always the chef at T-giving and love it - it's my husband's favorite holiday! He loves all the chatter and commotion and the FOOD!

Well camping went okay - not the trip I expected it to be! Sadly, we had a few things that made it not the best but overall, my son enjoyed himself and was very busy, learned so many things and enjoys being a Scout. We are blessed with an incredible leader!

We were blessed with great weather, cooked out on the open fire, swam, hiked, tracked satelites and stars, earned badges, shared wonderful stories and s'mores and for the most part, some of the parents were pretty nice Our borrowed tent was leaky and rickety! It was SOOOOOOOOO cold the first night!! I heard it dipped into the 50's, remember, this is Florida. That's an artic Tundra, LOL. All I had was a tiny little blanket as I gave the kids (I took my dd17 with me the first night) the sleeping bags and extra blankets and they were snoring like bears within 2 minutes!

The weather during the day lead to hiking, trail explorations, knot tying, Olympic events, swimming (the weather was gorgeous the next day!) and lot of down time which was really fun. My dd17 got SUPER SICK - I think it was heat stroke. My dh had to drive down and pick her up, drop off dd19 who 'wanted to try camping!" LOL I was so glad she was there. Not soon after she arrived, my son had an incident with some bullies from another Den. There were 5 different dens in total there, about 110 all together w/ parents and siblings and Cub/Boy Scouts. One in particular (happens to be in his class at school) has been picking on him at school and when I saw him show up on Saturday I feared there would be some discomfort, not realizing they'd actually attack him. He got 4 of his best friends (so 5 in total) to jump him. It was awful to say the least. I get upset just thinking of it. Their den master did nothing but make them apologize - to which they just snickered and ran off. I went to the mom of the 'ring leader' nicely and introduced myself hoping to make a connection and talk to her and she literally told me to get over it, they were just playing - all her friends (moms of the other kids) all gave me dirty looks and shunned me the rest of the trip. So we just watched him carefully and I will have to talk to him anytime there is an event with ALL the Dens in the area - since when is this Scouting behavior allowed?????

After the camp fire meeting last Saturday, we decided to pack up our car because we were told that it might rain by noon. I decided I'd had enough and packed 3/4 of everyone but the tent and sleeping gear into the truck. Except it was dark. Really dark! I knew how to navigate everything but misjudged the table when collapsing it - and the leg hit me smack in the eye! I was in such pain. I couldn't see, it was swollen half shut, and my daughter had to clean up some blood right under the eye as best as she could - love her! I'm so glad she came out in her sister's place Turns out it had a small cut, no big deal, but the bruising around it - oh me oh my! I have quite a nice shiner ~ a great souvenier from the campout, LOL!

And as soon as we got up Sunday (6:30 am!) and saw the clouds, we packed up ALL our things - into the truck! Not as soon as the last tarp made it in, it started to rain ! we made it just in time and camped without a drop of rain! But as we got in the truck, it poured and lasted ALL DAY! What luck!

Overall, I learned this: Sometimes established groups and friends are a little unsure about newcomers - hold your own, enjoy the moment, make it all that it can be for what it's worth. I pushed aside anything that was happening to make it a blast for the three of us, and others when we were with them, too It didn't matter that others were doing their thing ~ my son ran around having a great time (other than that incident) and asked to go again in the future. Yes. WITH YOUR FATHER, lol!

Lots to catch up on here and so much to do so I'll see ya'll in a bit ~
thanks for listening to my rambling ♥

Hugs ♥
That's so terrible Kelly that you and your son had to put up with bullying and nasty Scout Mothers! They should be ashamed of themselves. It doesn't surprise me though - some mothers will always stick up for their kids no matter what, but it shouldn't be in the scouting program. Hopefully the next time there is a camp out like this, he'll be older and so will they and there won't be any more incidents.

Yikes! Your poor eye. You could have blinded yourself. So glad that it was just a cut and bruised. Glad that you were able to get out before the rain started.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #1960  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Kelly, bless your heart! I'm glad your son had a good time but overall it sounds like more of a disaster for you. No Scout leader really should have done something with those other kids and the mom should be whipped herself!!! What an ordeal. I guess you'll just have to look at the whole situation and realize that your son had fun for the most part! So sorry about the shiner! Yikes!

Thanksgiving here will probably be just Jim and I and my brother and his wife this year. We used to have up to about 24 how every year but as they get older they have other parents they have to go to also. My daughter won't have the girls for that day this year so she's saying she may just go to my sons house. David (son) and his family won't get to come this year. He's an attorney in Dallas and their firm handles hundreds of Walmart cases - along with Bass Pro Shops, and major retail establishments, etc..... Walmart requests that the attorney's all stay in town and be "on call" due to Black Friday! It's so sad, but Dallas usually has real problems with stabbings and all sorts of things them. The attorneys usually alternate every year but since David handles so many of their cases he'll usually have to oversee it all. I'm hoping to get to see them sometime around Christmas though.
It's really hard when the kids grow up, move away, get married, and can't always be at home for every holiday anymore. I'm glad that Jim's brother and his wife will be able to be with you guys. Your son sounds like he's tied to his job pretty much. Does he get time off at Christmas or does this happen then too where he can't leave town.
Reply With Quote Likes