Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #1281  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, I'm so glad your house AC is now working - I thought I was going to need a second shower yesterday just thinking about how hot it was at your place. ;)

Maxine, I'm sorry you're having to work so hard (and tend to car repairs). Hopefully you'll be able to get enough rest. Please try to take care of yourself!

Lynn, travel safely! I've driven many a long trip - alone - and sometimes it can present challenges. I'll pray that your driving time is uneventful!

Shelly, to your question - I try to post a comment on fellow DT members blogs on the day of the DT post/challenge. I also try to do that for GDT members. That being said, I don't sweat it if I don't make it to the blogs and do that. I used to try to comment on fellow teamie's blogs every few days, but I discovered that very VERY rarely did I ever receive a comment from other DT members so I decided it must not be something that is important to do.

Today's Alaska update - Kelly you CAN listen to this - last night's cultural experience for the new teachers was beading. DD made a very fun pair of dangly earrings out of tiny beads. (YAY for no weird eating experiences!)
Well, there was no way that I could even think about going anywhere without taking a shower after being in this hot house all day. So nice to have it cool again and even cooler than it used to be. I just turned my thermostat up to 78 ly and I probably could even go to 79. I like to turn it down a little bit at night when I go to bed, so I'll probably go to 77.

Sounds like you DD is really having a fabulous time in Alaska. Somewhere I have a big box of seed beads that I used to make things with - flowers and such for decorations. Hey, I should dig those out and maybe make some flowers for my cards. I wonder if I still have all my bead books. It' was something that my mom got me started in. I also have some microbeads that I used to use on my cards and use to cover pens as decorations. Just need to find a place in my stamp room to put all this stuff.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #1282  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Talking on commenting - one DT team I was on expected us to follow and comment on each others cards, but of late that is not a requirement.... certainly no one does it on my current team, although I do follow several on it.

Got to the eye clinic and back with not much rain, thankfully, and it was dry as we left and arrived home, so DH (and I) did not have to try and dodge the rain and manipulate the chair/crutches etc. The report on his eye is o.k., and they are going to start looking at removing the cataract on the right eye. Delightful man has three 'issues' with the right eye, and now only two with the left one!

We were so late back to town that we bought fish and chips for dinner - and they were the best we have had in years. Partly I suspect because I asked for no salt, and we just put on what we like, which is waaaaaaaaay less than the shop cook uses!!
So glad to hear that all went well with DH's eye doctor appointment. I hope it's not too long a wait until the surgery. That must be so frustrating for him sometimes.

I don't blame you for treating yourselves to dinner out (even if you took it home). I haven't had fried anything in a long time. Glad that you were able to enjoy the taste of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #1283  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Late getting here this morning.......... for some reason (we can't figure this one out) my computer AND my phone did not have wifi in our house this morning - HOWEVER, my DH's computer did. Weird!

Travel safely, Lynn!

You, too, Barb... sounds like you have a lot of work to do. Take care of yourself!

Maxine, I'm glad you made it to the eye doctor and back okay!

Maggie, did you get your car back?

Waving at everyone else!
Weird about the wifi not working for you and your DS but working okay for your DH. Were you able to figure out what the problem was?

Yes, I did get my car back yesterday and it seems to be working fine. Let's just hope it keeps up. If not, I'm going to take it to a mechanic that used to work on my other cars and see what he can figure out. For right now, it seems to be okay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #1284  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh! OH! I forgot to give you an Alaska update. ;) (Seriously, you can tell me to stop, if you'd like.)

Yesterday evening's cultural experience for DD and the other new teachers was a ride on the Yukon River and an Eskimo Dance event. How fun!?!?! Today she has meetings until about 3:30 and then flies back to her home village.
Sounds like a fun time. What exactly is an Eskimo Dance event? Is it where they do native dances or is it a big dance party like we have here in the States?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #1285  
Quacker Stamper

If you could spare a few prayers for my sis's family, I'm sure they will appreciate it.

One of her DGD's had surgery on her arm the other day. She had to have her left arm broken so they could repair an old injury. She's doing fine now, recovering nicely and in not so much pain anymore.

Then today another DGD had to have surgery on the bone around one of her eyes. She was down in Sargeant Texas at some property her mom owns and was walking up some steps, she tripped and hit her face and fractured a bone around her eye, sprained/bruised her neck. They had to do surgery on her eye bone because the muscle was starting to sink into the fizzure made by the fracture. They went in and put a piece of plastic behind the muscle over the fracture so it would hold the muscle up. The thing is that she didn't tell her mom when this happened. Her mom was still up here in H Town, but one of her other cousins was with her and got her to the hospital when it started really hurting her about 2 days after the accident. The cousin called her own mom when she had to take her to the hospital, but she made her promise that she wouldn't tell her own mom. She didn't want her to worry about her and she didn't think it was that serious. She has an appointment next week with the neck doctor to see how that is doing. At first the hospital down in Sargent told them that she had fractured her C1 and C2 vertabrae, but the nurse up here said if she had, then she'd be dead because those go right to the brain.

Also found out today that another one of my sis's DGD's (sister to the one that hurt her eye) miscarried the baby she was carrying that was due in March. :( Sad, but my sis says that she's doing fine. She had been having some problems with the pregnancy, but hadn't told anyone until after she lost the baby. She says they'll try again at a later time. She and her S.O. (not married yet) have a little 3 1/2 yo DD together. His family is planning a big family reunion in Hawaii at Thanksgiving so the 3 of them will not be at our regular big family Thanksgiving this year.

Last one I promise - my sis's DH is having some health issues also, so prayers for him and the rest of the girls would be appreciated. :-D

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #1286  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,951 Likes on 3,843 Posts

Maggie, I'm so glad you AC is working in your house and your car now. Whew!

And I'm praying for those in your family who are having such difficulties.

The eskimo dance ended up being some Native Alaskans (eskimos) who came to the school and demonstrated some traditional native dances... and then the teachers had the opportunity to try to do them, too, if they wanted to.
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #1287  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hi

We had a fun day- went to a Cubs game and out to eat. It was chilly at the game- we were in the shade for most of the day. The airshow in Chicago is this weekend, and the Blue Angels were flying over the ball park- very cool : )

I am with you Lynn- if people do not come to my blog from my DT, I eventually give up- and I do not think they care....... I feel like the commenting/not commenting on GDT posts is more bothersome to me though. I think it is like inviting someone over for dinner and then ignoring them......: (

Guess what- no working A/C in our van- they told Ray there is a valve not working- it will be another $500....really! BS!

Maggie- praying for your Sis family- whoa- starting to sound like my family there! Yes, you can have a fracture and/or a dislocation of the C1 and C2 and yes, they are high up in your head..... Maggie- having the dies in the book helps me with Inklinkz too- I just type in the numbers and do not have to look them up n the store.....and scroll through the entire line.

Jeanette- I like hearing about the Alaskan adventures. So cool! And so weird that the Wi-Fi was not working for you but was for hubby. I hate it when we have issues like that- so frustrating! Do you feel caught up from your trip yet?

Barb- your friend is blessed to have a friend like you- what a HUGE job! Hope the weather holds out and the sale is successful : )

Maxine- does your hubby have better vision in the eye he already had the cataract removed from? I will keep him in prayers- that once the other eye is done he will be able to see better! Hoping his foot is healing well and that you are not getting worn out!

Waving hello to everyone else!
Shelly

Lynn- Safe travels. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2014, 03:58 AM   #1288  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, it's good to see you! It sounds like you had an enjoyable day yesterday!

I am rested up from my trip - feeling a bit under the weather, but that has nothing to do with travels. It is just my allergies.

My HUGE workshop (11 hours of training) that I was to lead the first two Saturdays in September got canceled yesterday. The lady hosting it said there wasn't enough interest to have it at this time. She hopes to reschedule in early 2015. Apparently there were some significant scheduling conflicts that were hurting attendance.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2014, 12:06 PM   #1289  
Forum Fanatic

Received 445 Likes on 301 Posts

Hello Addicted Friends! I need to go back and catch up with all of you, but did read Maggie's prayer requests - Prayers for each of them, Maggie! That's a lot going on all at once for your family {{{HUGS}}}

Since the wedding I have been sorting, dumping, shredding, packing, donating, selling, burning, etc. SO MUCH STUFF around here! Holy moley, but now the fruits of my work is starting to show! I think my back is permanently sore though.

The scrap metal guys just left, hauled away these HEAVY old file cabinets and steel shelves that Bill had in the basement 800-Got Junk came last weekend and took away a big truck load. I am now seeing parts of my garage and basement that hasn't seen daylight in years. It feels so good.

Right now I'm going to take some aspirin, put my feet up and just DO NOTHING tonight. Every evening and all weekend the past 2 weeks has been spent on The Purge, LOL. I'm taking tonight off.

Catch you all tomorrow!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #1290  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, I'm so glad you AC is working in your house and your car now. Whew!

And I'm praying for those in your family who are having such difficulties.

The eskimo dance ended up being some Native Alaskans (eskimos) who came to the school and demonstrated some traditional native dances... and then the teachers had the opportunity to try to do them, too, if they wanted to.
This afternoon I wasn't too sure about my car - it didn't seem to be cooling very well on my way home from work, but it seemed to be cooling better tonight. I had to go to a friend's house tonight and when I left, there was a big puddle under my car and it had a pinkish tinge which comes from the A/C. I sure hope that was just the 'run off.'

Sounds like the Eskimo dance was a lot of fun.

Thank you for the prayers. I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #1291  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
We had a fun day- went to a Cubs game and out to eat. It was chilly at the game- we were in the shade for most of the day. The airshow in Chicago is this weekend, and the Blue Angels were flying over the ball park- very cool : )

I am with you Lynn- if people do not come to my blog from my DT, I eventually give up- and I do not think they care....... I feel like the commenting/not commenting on GDT posts is more bothersome to me though. I think it is like inviting someone over for dinner and then ignoring them......: (

Guess what- no working A/C in our van- they told Ray there is a valve not working- it will be another $500....really! BS!

Maggie- praying for your Sis family- whoa- starting to sound like my family there! Yes, you can have a fracture and/or a dislocation of the C1 and C2 and yes, they are high up in your head..... Maggie- having the dies in the book helps me with Inklinkz too- I just type in the numbers and do not have to look them up n the store.....and scroll through the entire line.

Jeanette- I like hearing about the Alaskan adventures. So cool! And so weird that the Wi-Fi was not working for you but was for hubby. I hate it when we have issues like that- so frustrating! Do you feel caught up from your trip yet?

Barb- your friend is blessed to have a friend like you- what a HUGE job! Hope the weather holds out and the sale is successful : )

Maxine- does your hubby have better vision in the eye he already had the cataract removed from? I will keep him in prayers- that once the other eye is done he will be able to see better! Hoping his foot is healing well and that you are not getting worn out!

Waving hello to everyone else!
Shelly

Lynn- Safe travels. : )
Sounds like a fun day at the ball park Shelly.

Sorry that you're having problems with your A/C now. The first thing they did with mine is change a valve, but it only cost me $35 for the part and $250 for the labor.

Thank you for the prayers and the information about the neck. My DGN will be going to the doctor this coming week for a follow up about it and see how it's progressing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #1292  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Shelly, it's good to see you! It sounds like you had an enjoyable day yesterday!

I am rested up from my trip - feeling a bit under the weather, but that has nothing to do with travels. It is just my allergies.

My HUGE workshop (11 hours of training) that I was to lead the first two Saturdays in September got canceled yesterday. The lady hosting it said there wasn't enough interest to have it at this time. She hopes to reschedule in early 2015. Apparently there were some significant scheduling conflicts that were hurting attendance.
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Sorry about the cancellation of your workshop. I hope that they will reschedule for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #1293  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello Addicted Friends! I need to go back and catch up with all of you, but did read Maggie's prayer requests - Prayers for each of them, Maggie! That's a lot going on all at once for your family {{{HUGS}}}

Since the wedding I have been sorting, dumping, shredding, packing, donating, selling, burning, etc. SO MUCH STUFF around here! Holy moley, but now the fruits of my work is starting to show! I think my back is permanently sore though.

The scrap metal guys just left, hauled away these HEAVY old file cabinets and steel shelves that Bill had in the basement 800-Got Junk came last weekend and took away a big truck load. I am now seeing parts of my garage and basement that hasn't seen daylight in years. It feels so good.

Right now I'm going to take some aspirin, put my feet up and just DO NOTHING tonight. Every evening and all weekend the past 2 weeks has been spent on The Purge, LOL. I'm taking tonight off.

Catch you all tomorrow!
Thanks for the prayers, Darlene.

You do sound like you've been busy. I'm planning to get some work done in my garage too and get it cleaned up and organized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #1294  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Way to go with the purge... did you say the name is Darlene? ;) J/K, my friend! We totally understand why you haven't been around much. You have good reason.

Did you see that Maggie was sweating... I think she was swooning over her Robert Redford look-alike too much and it made her hot. But please don't tell her I said so.

Maggie, yikes! It doesn't sound like the car is right yet. I'm sorry! They really do need to get it fixed!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2014, 04:44 AM   #1295  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2014, 04:29 AM   #1296  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yep, it's official................. it IS Monday once again.

It sure has been quiet here........ everyone okay?

Want an Alaska update? (Kelly, close your eyes; you won't want to see this)................ last night DD called. One of the students gave her a moose leg yesterday! EEK!!! The student also gave a moose leg to one of the other teachers (who also has a DH)... so DD and the other teacher and her DH got together and butchered them. Oh my! Someone told DD there is about as much meat in a moose leg as there is in an entire deer.

I am certainly surprised that my DD is doing these things. She's adventuresome.......... but........... oh my!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #1297  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,296 Likes on 2,483 Posts

Good Morning Ladies--at least another 5 or so minutes here in Wisconsin.......

It has been a busy few days. The auction went well--good weather, a good crowd and a good final number. It lasted about 8 hours, so there was buyer fatigue toward the end and things went pretty cheap for those still left. Furniture did not sell well at all and that was sad as Donna had some wonderful pieces. I bought a old school desk and a smaller roll top desk, along with a couple of stoneware bowls. This morning I had a haircut, so finally getting to SCS now.

I hope you have a wonderful Monday!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2014, 03:43 AM   #1298  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Way to go with the purge... did you say the name is Darlene? ;) J/K, my friend! We totally understand why you haven't been around much. You have good reason.

Did you see that Maggie was sweating... I think she was swooning over her Robert Redford look-alike too much and it made her hot. But please don't tell her I said so.

Maggie, yikes! It doesn't sound like the car is right yet. I'm sorry! They really do need to get it fixed!
Good morning and Happy Tuesday!

No, Jeanette, the car is NOT fixed yet. I'm taking it back to the dealer this morning. I talked to the Service Manager last night when I got home from work. I know there is a leak somewhere that they are not finding or fixing. I would have gone yesterday, but I had a dr. appt. first thing ni the morning for my deltoid bursitis. He suggests going to PT I have some calcification in my left shoulder.

LOL! Yes, any Robert Redford look-a-like could make me swoon and sweat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2014, 03:44 AM   #1299  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies--at least another 5 or so minutes here in Wisconsin.......

It has been a busy few days. The auction went well--good weather, a good crowd and a good final number. It lasted about 8 hours, so there was buyer fatigue toward the end and things went pretty cheap for those still left. Furniture did not sell well at all and that was sad as Donna had some wonderful pieces. I bought a old school desk and a smaller roll top desk, along with a couple of stoneware bowls. This morning I had a haircut, so finally getting to SCS now.

I hope you have a wonderful Monday!
Glad that the sale went well. Sounds like you got some good deals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2014, 04:04 AM   #1300  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Barb, welcome home! I'm sure the estate sale (auction) was an exhausting event for you and the others who had responsibilities. I am glad you were able to make some special purchases though.

Maggie, oh deal me! This car situation has gone on way too long! The dealer needs to get it fixed!!! And the shoulder doesn't sound good either. (((GENTLE Hugs!))) At least it isn't interfering with you swooning and sweating. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #1301  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--heading to the stamp room day!

I hope you have a Tremendous Tuesday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #1302  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Barb, welcome home! I'm sure the estate sale (auction) was an exhausting event for you and the others who had responsibilities. I am glad you were able to make some special purchases though.

Maggie, oh deal me! This car situation has gone on way too long! The dealer needs to get it fixed!!! And the shoulder doesn't sound good either. (((GENTLE Hugs!))) At least it isn't interfering with you swooning and sweating. ;)
I called the PT place yesterday that the doctor recommended. It took her until this morning to call me back. Turns out that they are in my Network, so that's a good thing. I'll be able to use them. My first consultation appt. is on Monday at 8:30. I won't go to the office first because she said to be there 20 minutes ahead of time. After the consultation, they will tell me what the protocol will be - how long and how many times a week, etc. I hope they also show me some exercises that I can do that won't hurt it.

No, Jeanette, I can still swoon and sweat with the best of them. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #1303  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Whew! So glad your swooning and sweating isn't hampered!

Hopefully everything will go well with the therapy and you'll soon be all better!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #1304  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Barb!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #1305  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello!

Whoa- this week is flying by a little too fast!

I worked yesterday, and spent the evening cleaning and the girls went out. Got up early and took Katie to the airport..and guess what- the A/C in my car is completely not working at all!!! WE took the car in to the dealer, and hoping they can figure it out quickly- take Stephi back to school tomorrow.....need wheels and prefer not to sweat my brains out!

We had a great day with family Sunday- with all of the food issues, eg Gluten free, Paleo, etc...we had Taco's for food and some really good cookies I had made- and I requested a USA theme for them: ) I also made gluten free Choc chip cookies- the gluten free people liked them anyway- so I sent the leftovers home with my BIL.....

I am so exhausted, I fell back asleep for a few hours and am now up- gotta make a DT card for yesterday- I told them I'd be late.

Maggie-sorry for the bursitis- and no pain, no gain.... I always feel better when PT is OVER! he exercises really do help me tons!

Glad the sale went well Barb!

Darlene- I am sure throwing stuff has to be emotional even though it needs to get done... ... I am imagining myself doing it, do you look at everything in the file cabinets, or just pitch it as is?

Jeanette- anxious to hear about your daughter - how do you store the Moose leg? Butcher it and freeze it??? She will be making Moose stew and Moose stir fry..... Does she live all by herself? I think the beading sounds really interesting too! So, will you remember everything you need to know for your seminar if the R/S if the training was recent and the class is in the future?

Waving hello to everyone- now on to the craft room.....

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #1306  
Quacker Stamper

Hi Shelly,

Sounds like you had fun time with your family. Lots of good food.

I can relate to the A/C being out in your car. I got a call from the service tech this afternoon - another leak! Hopefully it will be working when I pick it up tomorrow. He wanted to keep it overnight and then check it out in the morning. Keeping fingers crossed that this is the last time.

I am sort of looking forward to the PT. I know it's not going to be pleasant, but if it will help my arm and shoulder, then it's a good thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 04:56 AM   #1307  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 05:14 AM   #1308  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Good Morning, all!

Sorry to be MIA - life got in the way around here! It's still chaotic but settling - and a major decision to be made soon, alas ...... lots to think and pray over.

I can't read back up at all that I've missed so I'm wishing everyone is well!

Maxine, still praying for your husband and the eye appts -- what a dedicated pair you are.

Maggie, saw your prayer requests on my phone and although I wasn't here, I did pray for you and your DGD's as well ~ always an honor to pray for a friend!

Shel, one of my daughter's Senior pics is now on FB! It's so her, lol. She's a performer at heart - grabbed that little frame and posed, LOL! So grown up. I can't believe it.
dd19 starts 2nd year college next week and is determined to stay on her chosen path (we think she should have stayed in nursing, but it's not up to us!) She's already been pretty much guaranteed a job when she's done but she's heading for the hills of Tennessee/North Carolina when she graduates. Yikes!

Hugs all around - I'm missing a lot, I'm sure - thinking of you all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 05:26 AM   #1309  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, I've been thinking of you. I'm sure you've had some great times these past few days, but the goodbyes are tough. I hope you aren't sweating!!! AC is such a nice thing, and it needs to work! About DD and her moose leg... yes, she cut it up and packaged it in appropriate serving sizes and put it in the freezer. Fortunately, each of the teacher rental homes have two big freezers in them... so the teachers have enough room to store up needed items for the winter.

Maggie, I sure hope you get a "good" call from the dealer today!

Hi Barb........ and SMOOCHY! YAY!!! So nice of you to share him today!

Kelly, I've been thinking of you, too... knew life must be very busy... but didn't know there are decisions to make, etc. Will be praying for you and your family as you seek His will!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 05:49 AM   #1310  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

My daughter posted on her blog!

Free Meat | Great Wide 49

ummmmmmmm... Kelly, you probably don't want to see/read her blog post.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #1311  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeanette, I loved reading your daughters post and those pictures are great!! She's turning into a true outdoor adventurer! Good idea on the meat grinder too. That's really going to come in handy.

Kelly, I saw the picture of your daughter on FB. She's so pretty!

Let's see - I remember that Darlene is purging......um......wish you'd come do my house next. Also notice Shelly and Maggie having AC vehicle problems! Hope y'all get those straight. Too hot otherwise. Barb had a great time and the estate sale.......Shelly, so sorry Katie had to go back but know you enjoyed every minute with her. I don't even know who else I missed now. Forgive me.

I got back yesterday evening. LONG 7 hour trip coming home but didn't have any problems. That's always good. I started in this morning on the computer and just have an absolute ton of things that need to be done......and then got a phone call from one of Jim's son saying he and his family would be here after lunch! Grrrrrr..............there went the rest of the day. Oh well, guess there's always tomorrow still. Right now I just need to put this old body to bed! LOL! I'll check back in tomorrow if I get a chance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #1312  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Lord Almighty, ya need to tell your daughter to put warning postings first! LOL! I about DIED!! I was thinking it was something fun and kayaking, didn't expect to see that - oh boy. That was rough.

But wow, what a chip off the old block - she looks JUST like you!!! The resemblance is amazing!

Hi Lynn!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #1313  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

Loved the blog entry - what an awesome community to be in :-) [despite the blood and gore ;-) ] That salmon looked fabulous!! Jeanette she is one lovely and adventurous woman!!

Great to see you all here - prayed for you this morning Kelly, and your daughter looks amazing!

Lynn I can understand your irritation after being away to then have unexpected guests .. :-)

Darlene I do hope your purging is therapeutic ;-)

Barb you sure do get a round a bit, and what a busy weekend - glad it all went well for you.

Maggie I trust all your A/C issues are sorted - so glad the house one was relatively simple - bummer about the car though :-(.

Kristie - hope all is well with you - have not seen you for a day or so....

I am still alive - DH is now in a moon boot (after fracture clinic this morning, thankfully at the local hospital) and feeling somewhat more comfortable, and the eye is o.k., but for some reason a bit sore at the moment - eye clinic on Monday so will see if there is anything amiss then.

DS and family are arriving tomorrow afternoon for a couple of nights, before they head down to Turangi for a couple of nights and a trip up Ruapehu (mountain) to the snow. They will also be scouting out housing etc ready for their move here early October.

The neighbour popped across this afternoon with a bird house to attract the Starlings this afternoon and attached it to the bean fence - I can just see it from the kitchen, so that will be interesting watching them nest.

We have a forecast for 10 fine days in a row - spring just may be here - at last :-) I did some gardening yesterday, and also pruned a few roses - I am late with that job this year... darned RSI, I have to be so careful not to overdo any one thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 05:04 AM   #1314  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm glad some of you (sans Kelly) enjoyed DD's blog post. ummmmmmm... Kelly, dear, I DID warn you not to go to her blog post! (And if you read the words in her blog that say, "Mom, don't read this........" that's a good clue. I don't doe gruesome! ;)

Welcome Home, Lynn! Glad your trip was safe. Sorry unexpected company changed your day yesterday, but hope it wasn't too stressful!

Kelly, I absolutely LOVE your new avatar! Did you make that?

Maxine, it sounds like your DH is making healing progress. That's good.

Maggie, how are things going with the car situation now?

Waving at everyone else....... and dashing off!

I'm leaving town in a couple of hours for meetings, meetings, meetings.... so I won't be back here in the threads until Monday. Have a great weekend!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 05:17 AM   #1315  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Jeanette, lol. Unfortunately, I read your Lookie Lookie on FB BEFORE I saw your 'warning' here - gave me some chills that's for sure.
But good for her .... She sounds like a fun one!

Good morning to all!

Maxine, I'm so glad your son will be reunited on "home" soil! That's wonderful to have him so close and to explore the outback area -- one of my passions! I love to travel! We often take 'the road less traveled'. One of my requirements when we hit the road is to try new things, visit new places, eat at places we havent' seen, etc. Life is an adventure!

Good luck to dh with the moon boot!

DS seems to be adjusting to school JUST FINE! PTL. I worried about going from a Christian private to a public school. But my daughter's survived - so it's looking to be a good year My dd17 auditioned yesterday for a lead in the Opera and is about to throw up she's so nervous. They make them wait 3 weeks to see who(m?) got what part. It's her Senior year, so she's trying to make the max of it!

Overdue book review to get finished - see ya'll later!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 05:55 AM   #1316  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--more time in the stamp room today! It is supposed to be a hot and rainy next few days--like through next Tuesday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2014, 05:57 AM   #1317  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2014, 06:23 AM   #1318  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY! We survived Back to School week! We're all exhausted, lol, but that's to be expected.

So glad it's Friday!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2014, 06:26 AM   #1319  
Die Cut Diva

NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted a card and did all the right things. If I go to my blog I can see the card I posted however, it's not showing in Reader or anywhere else! Someone said to go to feedburner and "ping" your feed. I did that and get an error message. Any ideas on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2014, 06:40 AM   #1320  
Die Cut Diva

Don't know what I did but at least I got it to come up in Reader. Does anyone hate computers like me????? LOL!

Love the pic of the puppy.
Reply With Quote Likes