Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-01-2017, 05:28 AM   #7321  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,296 Likes on 2,483 Posts

I need to Unlike this post!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Wait! Isn't that EVERY day??? :mrgreen: :rolleyes: :p

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 05:36 AM   #7322  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,948 Likes on 3,841 Posts

Awwwww... shucks!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 05:36 AM   #7323  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maxine... wake up! You need to come put Barb in her place... yet again. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 03:29 AM   #7324  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Okay, here's the deal... I was contacted by our state office yesterday and they need me TODAY. I was planning to help tomorrow and Saturday, but I was available today, too, so I'm out of here in just a wee bit for my 3 1/2 hour drive. Hot Sauce and I will enjoy the time together... then it's work, work, WORK. We have 225 youth registered for our event, FUN!!!

So let me be the first to tell you...

i'll see you again on Monday (but just for Monday because DH, Brock, and I will be gone Tuesday - Thursday next week for our state convention)!

SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 05:25 AM   #7325  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Thursday. I was able to spend most of the day yesterday in my stamp room and had fun!

Safe Travels Jeanette!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 07:11 AM   #7326  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Quote:

Waving to Barb (who surprised Roomie and had a fun weekend), Kelly (who is enjoying the cool), and Maggie (who wishes it was warmer).

I've been up over an hour (and it's not even 5:00 yet). Soup's in the crockpot... I hope my DH appreciates my efforts for his preacher group... but more important than that, I hope the soup will taste delicious! ;)

And I got my wish. It's going up to about 86 today! Crazy Texas weather.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 07:13 AM   #7327  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Happy Halloween, everyone! Did you know yesterday was National Candy Corn Day! It has it's own day - how cute is that!

Congrats to the Astros, Maggie ~ I'm sure the celebration will be long and wonderful!

We plan to head out at dusk with friends and (follow) the kids trick or treating. My son and his friends - all 13 now - want to do their own thing so we'll chat, sip Starbucks and limp (me!) all walk in the neighborhood just in case. My daughter and her boyfriend will be here to pass out candy - yay! Fun times!
Well, now that they are the World Series Champions, there will be parties in H Town. Big parade tomorrow afternoon.

I actually had almost 2 dozen kids come by my house for trick or treating. Surprised me, but I had candy for them. I haven't had kids come by the last few years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 07:15 AM   #7328  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Happy Halloween!

I am looking forward to seeing my niece and nephews tonight. Especially now that I can lift the little ones My 5 yr old nephew is too big for me to pick up now :( I had to buy vrds for them *gasp*. With the momth I�ve had and now trying to catch up on all that didn�t get done, there wasn�t time for cardmakimg. I will do better for Thanksgiving!

Caught up on the last few pages, glad to see everyone doing well.

Jeanette, I hope the soup turns out good for DH! I am looking forward to making soups in the crockpot for lunch again soon.
Glad to hear from you that you are doing better Kristie. Hope you continue to get stronger.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 07:16 AM   #7329  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Suzy? No Suzy here. :mrgreen:
I thought that was a bit strange too. Guess Barb was on a roll and kept on going!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 07:17 AM   #7330  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Okay, here's the deal... I was contacted by our state office yesterday and they need me TODAY. I was planning to help tomorrow and Saturday, but I was available today, too, so I'm out of here in just a wee bit for my 3 1/2 hour drive. Hot Sauce and I will enjoy the time together... then it's work, work, WORK. We have 225 youth registered for our event, FUN!!!

So let me be the first to tell you...

i'll see you again on Monday (but just for Monday because DH, Brock, and I will be gone Tuesday - Thursday next week for our state convention)!

SaveSave
Have safe journeys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #7331  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning! Or should I say GREAT MORNING! HOUSTON ASTROS - WORLD CHAMPIONS! What a great game last night. I am so tired. I was up until 1 a.m. and then had to get up at 5:30. I did sleep most of that time, so that was a good thing.

Big party in H Town tomorrow afternoon.

Boss has been gone since yesterday and will be gone still tomorrow, so it's quiet around here. Class tonight. Saturday I have a genealogy seminar from 10-3, so I'll be gone most of the day. I plan to grocery shop on my way home from work tomorrow night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg H Astros.jpg (37.2 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #7332  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

Well good morning folks - my phone has logged me out and I couldn't be bothered fighting to get back in, so here I am on my laptop... I usually catch up on the thread first thing in the morning, sitting in bed with a hot drink and on my phone.

Barb I hope you have stopped rolling and Suzy is back where she belongs.... so glad you found Smoochy, confused or not...

Jeanette is off in Hot Sauce - AGAIN - that girl never stays put long. Safe travels!!

Maggie is celebrating some weird ball game series that says it is world champs and it's just the USA...

Kristie is on the mend - and dressing gorgeously on IG!

Kel is nowhere to be seen, but Kelly actually stopped for a breather and had a morning home - what a shock to her system - hope she got some SB's to help!!

Shelly was also watching THAT game - hope her Mum is behaving for her so she can sleep in after all that excitement

Darlene and Lynn - well Lynn's alive and well and put a card up on IG, Darlene you are still in my prayers

Me - well its damp here today and I am having a cracked window replaced so it's a bit noisy as it's just beside the computer desk... thought I would have it done before I get a quote for painting the front windows. This is on the side and will need a touch up, but the front windows get the full heat of the sun and the worst of the bad weather and have deteriorated badly. I never told DH as he would have worried as he has painted the house over the past few years and thought he had everything up to scratch for me.

I have got quite a bit done in the gardens over the past wee while with beans, peas, zucchini, beetroot, tomatoes and basil planted. Oh, and Sweet Peas this morning, working under an umbrella, as I had soaked the seeds last night and I didn't want them to rot waiting to be planted. The lettuces are growing well as are the cabbage and broccoli :-).

The cards have not been that well nurtured as I can't be in two places at once, and its been a second week of being a dizzy widow with dressings on my leg every second day as well as twice doing the chaplaincy visiting, plus three other outings....

Waving to you all from a damp but mild (59 oF) down under, while I have a chance to sit and not spin - that comes later in the day with another change of dressing and some shopping, then a bonfire and damper evening with the family, if the rain has gone....

Dampers are made from biscuit (we call them scones) dough wrapped on sticks and cooked over an open fire. No doubt there will be marshmallows to toast too....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 09:18 PM   #7333  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hi!

Hello.I have not been on SCS lately much- except loading cards for Falliday- I made it! Wahoo! If we had to do all of the tutorials, I would have been in over my head.....

Mom is packed and heading to my sis' house for 10 days. We are headed to Florida tomorrow, going to see hubby play in over 53 mens baseball tournament. We will be in Ft Meyer, right on the ocean. I guess Babe Ruth played in the minors at this field : )

I am going to make up a few stamp kits to bring with me. We have to travel light on the luggage, so not so sure what I am going to be able to bring- no worries on the way there, just the flight back- different airline.....

I will be checking in from Florida hopefully. I am hoping some of the other wives are there. The team is comprised of men from all over- some from Cincinnati! About 6 of the guys from Ray's team from here are going.

Had me an ESL meet-up today. I counted with her- coins- not sure if she has a clue what I am teaching her. I sent an e-mail to the World Relief office and got a message back today regarding teaching students who do not read or write in their native language. She gave me some good tips and I will teach basic vocab first instead of A-G and 1-20 : )

Maggie- Wahoo!!! How about that wedding proposal live on TV! Glad she said yes!!!

Maxine- do take care of yourself!!! Your wounds must be deep- did they do any stitches? Are they healing up???

LOL waving hello to everyone- said HB to Suzy in another thread.....!
I'll check back in from Florida.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 03:57 AM   #7334  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends. Happy, Happy Friday! I have hostess club this afternoon--yay! I am heading out of town tomorrow for our state AD conference and will not be back until Tuesday night. I am taking my laptop, but not sure when/if I am able to check in. I hope you have a great weekend!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 03:37 PM   #7335  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Well good morning folks - my phone has logged me out and I couldn't be bothered fighting to get back in, so here I am on my laptop... I usually catch up on the thread first thing in the morning, sitting in bed with a hot drink and on my phone.

Barb I hope you have stopped rolling and Suzy is back where she belongs.... so glad you found Smoochy, confused or not...

Jeanette is off in Hot Sauce - AGAIN - that girl never stays put long. Safe travels!!

Maggie is celebrating some weird ball game series that says it is world champs and it's just the USA...

Kristie is on the mend - and dressing gorgeously on IG!

Kel is nowhere to be seen, but Kelly actually stopped for a breather and had a morning home - what a shock to her system - hope she got some SB's to help!!

Shelly was also watching THAT game - hope her Mum is behaving for her so she can sleep in after all that excitement

Darlene and Lynn - well Lynn's alive and well and put a card up on IG, Darlene you are still in my prayers

Me - well its damp here today and I am having a cracked window replaced so it's a bit noisy as it's just beside the computer desk... thought I would have it done before I get a quote for painting the front windows. This is on the side and will need a touch up, but the front windows get the full heat of the sun and the worst of the bad weather and have deteriorated badly. I never told DH as he would have worried as he has painted the house over the past few years and thought he had everything up to scratch for me.

I have got quite a bit done in the gardens over the past wee while with beans, peas, zucchini, beetroot, tomatoes and basil planted. Oh, and Sweet Peas this morning, working under an umbrella, as I had soaked the seeds last night and I didn't want them to rot waiting to be planted. The lettuces are growing well as are the cabbage and broccoli :-).

The cards have not been that well nurtured as I can't be in two places at once, and its been a second week of being a dizzy widow with dressings on my leg every second day as well as twice doing the chaplaincy visiting, plus three other outings....

Waving to you all from a damp but mild (59 oF) down under, while I have a chance to sit and not spin - that comes later in the day with another change of dressing and some shopping, then a bonfire and damper evening with the family, if the rain has gone....

Dampers are made from biscuit (we call them scones) dough wrapped on sticks and cooked over an open fire. No doubt there will be marshmallows to toast too....
LOL! I've always wondered why they called it the World Series since it is just the USA. I have no idea. We are still celebrating here! The parade today was awesome.

Glad that you are taking care of that window. My second boss had some problems with his windows and water got into the structure of his house and now he's having to spend $$$$ getting it all fixed and new windows.

Hope your leg gets well soon. I love scones!
Save
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 03:41 PM   #7336  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello.I have not been on SCS lately much- except loading cards for Falliday- I made it! Wahoo! If we had to do all of the tutorials, I would have been in over my head.....

Mom is packed and heading to my sis' house for 10 days. We are headed to Florida tomorrow, going to see hubby play in over 53 mens baseball tournament. We will be in Ft Meyer, right on the ocean. I guess Babe Ruth played in the minors at this field : )

I am going to make up a few stamp kits to bring with me. We have to travel light on the luggage, so not so sure what I am going to be able to bring- no worries on the way there, just the flight back- different airline.....

I will be checking in from Florida hopefully. I am hoping some of the other wives are there. The team is comprised of men from all over- some from Cincinnati! About 6 of the guys from Ray's team from here are going.

Had me an ESL meet-up today. I counted with her- coins- not sure if she has a clue what I am teaching her. I sent an e-mail to the World Relief office and got a message back today regarding teaching students who do not read or write in their native language. She gave me some good tips and I will teach basic vocab first instead of A-G and 1-20 : )

Maggie- Wahoo!!! How about that wedding proposal live on TV! Glad she said yes!!!

Maxine- do take care of yourself!!! Your wounds must be deep- did they do any stitches? Are they healing up???

LOL waving hello to everyone- said HB to Suzy in another thread.....!
I'll check back in from Florida.

Shelly
It really was awesome! That was so cute when he turned to her and got down on his knee. I read on FB that Justin Verlander was getting married this weekend. It was mentioned at the parade that he wasn't there, so that may be where he was.

So cool that Ray is playing ball. Has he tried out for the Astros??? Have a fun time and a safe journey.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 03:41 PM   #7337  
Quacker Stamper

I was able to stream the parade on my computer at work today. They did have it on in one of the conference rooms on our big screen TV, but I wanted to be at my desk and I was able to record some of it on my cell phone and take some pictures off the screen.

I have a genealogy seminar tomorrow 10-3.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #7338  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have loved to have been at the parade in Houston today! What an exciting World Series! We watched every single game - even the one that lasted until 12:30 in the morning. Exciting!

Jim had some Mose surgery on his nose and cheek last week. I told him I was going to sit him outside of Halloween to scare everyone! LOL! I'm having to change the bandages every day but it seems to be healing up pretty good. They had to graft some on his nose so that's still tricky looking.

I'm fine and still trying to make a few cards now. Working on Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2017, 11:17 PM   #7339  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

Just a note to say I am backing off computer time for a bit - and that includes my blog - I all but crashed and burned on Friday, and spent a lot of the day a blethering heap. After some counselling on Thursday I have realised that I need to take time for me and grieve, and not stuff it down (again), which is why the big fall on Friday...

I will read the threads and maybe comment a bit, but I will be back :-) You can't keep a good woman down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2017, 04:07 AM   #7340  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Just a note to say I am backing off computer time for a bit - and that includes my blog - I all but crashed and burned on Friday, and spent a lot of the day a blethering heap. After some counselling on Thursday I have realised that I need to take time for me and grieve, and not stuff it down (again), which is why the big fall on Friday...

I will read the threads and maybe comment a bit, but I will be back :-) You can't keep a good woman down.
BIG HUGS Maxine. Take all the time you need. It was bound to catch up to you. It's an important process. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers that you will find the peace and comfort you deserve and desire.
Save
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2017, 04:10 AM   #7341  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I would have loved to have been at the parade in Houston today! What an exciting World Series! We watched every single game - even the one that lasted until 12:30 in the morning. Exciting!

Jim had some Mose surgery on his nose and cheek last week. I told him I was going to sit him outside of Halloween to scare everyone! LOL! I'm having to change the bandages every day but it seems to be healing up pretty good. They had to graft some on his nose so that's still tricky looking.

I'm fine and still trying to make a few cards now. Working on Christmas.
I did have a few friends and family at the parade - one of my nieces and her son and my sil. He works downtown so it was easy for him. It has been an exciting time.

Hope Jim's surgeries heal up quickly. I'm sure you are a great caregiver. I'm trying to work on Christmas cards also when I can. I have a few that I colored awhile back, so I'm working on making them into cards. When I can I always use that theme for my DT cards also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2017, 04:15 AM   #7342  
Quacker Stamper

I had a pretty good time at the genealogy seminar yesterday. There were three topics that the lady presented, all very interesting. I had a gentlemen sitting by me and he liked to chat. Told me all about he and his wife's genealogy. It did make the time pass when we weren't listening to the speaker. I also have a friend that is on the same school path that I am on - Family History research. I posted my Check In on FB and she wanted to know about it. I think she may join the organization also and it would be great to have her come to the meetings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #7343  
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, sending you huge hugs and you know you're in my thoughts. Give yourself all the time you need! Love ya!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2017, 06:15 PM   #7344  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Maxine, sending big hugs to you, my friend! And I hope that Tinker cat is helping you, too ♥

And Maggie, Lynn - goodness, many prayers to all of you in Texas! This world is losing it's mind ;(

We are back from Districts - didn't win Critics Choice (those that advance to Orlando for theater) and only SOME of the Superior ratings do (we don't know that score) but don't expect to move forward - the competition was AMAZING!!! I had such a good time -those kids (all over South Florida) are super talented.

Big hugs to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #7345  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Saying HELLO from Florida! We flew on Friday, landed and drove to our friends home. Had a fabulous fish dinner and some wine. Our friends have a daughter that is a junior in college that is obsessed with Stamping : ) We start talking and her Mom is like..la la la la la hehehe Anyway, we drove to St Pete's on Saturday and went to WhimSoDoodle. They know here there- she worked there for a while. It is such an Awesome store- wish we had one like it anywhere close to us!

We are staying in Ft Myers beach by the beach. It is so pretty here : ) Ray had his first games today, 1st game lost by slaughter rule, 2nd game was losing and Ray was injured- his ankle- sliding into home plate. He had to slide to score. So, we went to ER cause it looked pretty bad! He has a fracture of the lower part of his Fibula bone....uggggggg!. Life is going to change for a while! He does all of my lifting because of my neck. Oh boy! Poor dear Ray! Our condo is on the 2nd floor too- no elevator.

I did not get card kits done before heading down here- too busy getting mom organized and out the door, and then getting packed. I did get cards done that I needed to mail out (swaps, etc)..... I looked up and there are stamp stores here, so will drop in and try to control myself.....

Maxine- BIG HUGE HUGS!!!

Kelly- I hope he scores! What an exciting and fab life your kids lead. Good for you and all of the time and effort you put into the kids!!! You only have one chance, right? Amen!

Lynn- hoping you are doing well! Both with the diverticuli and your back too! How is Jim doing?

Maggie- Genealogy is infectious- once you start, it is sooo cool to learn the stories of your history!

Off to get hubby to bed! Hugs to all

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2017, 03:40 AM   #7346  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I am leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for our annual meeting,
and you won't see me again until the end of the week...
so I decided to wish you a great week this morning, instead of a great day.

Maxine, I know you've left for a spell and won't see this... but (((HUGE HUGS))) and lots and lots of prayers for you. Take what time you need for YOU! And take care of yourself. Remember, we're here for you! Love you, sweet friend!

Shelly, I am so sorry to hear of Ray's injury. OUCH! You seemed to be enjoying the trip so much, too. (((Hugs)))

Maggie, I'm glad you had a good genealogy seminar. It sounds fun!

Kelly, I hope your group wasn't too disappointed. Sounds like the competition was pretty intense... did they have fun?

Lynn, it's good to see you peeking in!

Barb, enjoy your trip! We are missing you, though!

SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2017, 01:17 PM   #7347  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maxine, sending big hugs to you, my friend! And I hope that Tinker cat is helping you, too ♥

And Maggie, Lynn - goodness, many prayers to all of you in Texas! This world is losing it's mind ;(

We are back from Districts - didn't win Critics Choice (those that advance to Orlando for theater) and only SOME of the Superior ratings do (we don't know that score) but don't expect to move forward - the competition was AMAZING!!! I had such a good time -those kids (all over South Florida) are super talented.

Big hugs to all!
You are right! The world is going crazy. I don't get it. All those children, gone.

Congrats to your Son, even if he didn't progress forward. It was amazing that he entered in the first place and competed. That's hard to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #7348  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Saying HELLO from Florida! We flew on Friday, landed and drove to our friends home. Had a fabulous fish dinner and some wine. Our friends have a daughter that is a junior in college that is obsessed with Stamping : ) We start talking and her Mom is like..la la la la la hehehe Anyway, we drove to St Pete's on Saturday and went to WhimSoDoodle. They know here there- she worked there for a while. It is such an Awesome store- wish we had one like it anywhere close to us!

We are staying in Ft Myers beach by the beach. It is so pretty here : ) Ray had his first games today, 1st game lost by slaughter rule, 2nd game was losing and Ray was injured- his ankle- sliding into home plate. He had to slide to score. So, we went to ER cause it looked pretty bad! He has a fracture of the lower part of his Fibula bone....uggggggg!. Life is going to change for a while! He does all of my lifting because of my neck. Oh boy! Poor dear Ray! Our condo is on the 2nd floor too- no elevator.

I did not get card kits done before heading down here- too busy getting mom organized and out the door, and then getting packed. I did get cards done that I needed to mail out (swaps, etc)..... I looked up and there are stamp stores here, so will drop in and try to control myself.....

Maxine- BIG HUGE HUGS!!!

Kelly- I hope he scores! What an exciting and fab life your kids lead. Good for you and all of the time and effort you put into the kids!!! You only have one chance, right? Amen!

Lynn- hoping you are doing well! Both with the diverticuli and your back too! How is Jim doing?

Maggie- Genealogy is infectious- once you start, it is sooo cool to learn the stories of your history!

Off to get hubby to bed! Hugs to all

Shelly
Yes, genealogy is fascinating. It was amazing all that I learned through my class over the Summer and now with HGF, there is so much more to learn. I also belong to APG (American Professional Genealogists) and they have a members' email so every day I get emails from different members about a variety of topics. Some are very helpful (or will be) about starting my business. I save all the useful ones. I'm considering redoing one of my papers from my class to submit to the Forum's Newsletter.

Oh, and not sure if you saw on FB, but I finally got some Monarch caterpillars! And 1 butterfly. I noticed the other day that the leaves on all my plants had been striped, so yesterday morning I went out to look at them and saw a few cattys on the plants. They were pretty big. I knew there wasn't enough for them to eat out there, so I texted one of my nieces who has been having some good luck with them this year. She came over and brought 2 potted plants to put them on and we picked off all of the ones that we could find. We ended up getting 15. We also found one that was eating on another different kind of plant out there and there were a few crawling around another different plant. Very strange that the one was eating something not milkweed. We also saw a butterfly that had just barely hatched. It was drying its wings down in the grass edging. After she left I found one more further down in the flower bed on another patch of grass edging. I picked it off there and placed it on one small plant that I had growing in the corner. This morning it was gone and there was a chrysallis hanging under the windowsill right by there, so I guess it was ready. It's so strange that I didn't have any all season and now a bunch when they are supposed to be flying South.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2017, 05:09 AM   #7349  
Die Cut Diva

Shelly, I'm so sorry about Ray's leg!!!!!!!!!!!! How awful that must be for him - and for you too! Hope it doesn't take too long to recover from that.

Yes, the world has gone nuts! The little town where the church shooting took place is a little over an hour from here. So sad and I can't even watch the news anymore. That's all that's on there now of course and it makes me want to cry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #7350  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HUG hugs. Sounds like we all need a hug - this whole big world of ours!!!!!!!!

That's crazy it's just an hour away, Lynn. To close for comfort.

We got the news that little man got all Superiors. Now we wait. The drama director decides who advances out of all the kids that got superiors - but he did score the highest in the class! He got an 87 out of 90 from the 3 judges combined scores, everyone else got 70 or less but only 8 kids can go (12 total, 4 are tech so they are guaranteed) so whatever happens, it was fun!! We learned SO much!

Okay, NURSE Shelly, rest up and happy healing vibes to your hubby!

Happy travels, Jeanette - and Barb, too, I think ..............

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #7351  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

HUG hugs. Sounds like we all need a hug - this whole big world of ours!!!!!!!!

That's crazy it's just an hour away, Lynn. To close for comfort.

We got the news that little man got all Superiors. Now we wait. The drama director decides who advances out of all the kids that got superiors - but he did score the highest in the class! He got an 87 out of 90 from the 3 judges combined scores, everyone else got 70 or less but only 8 kids can go (12 total, 4 are tech so they are guaranteed) so whatever happens, it was fun!! We learned SO much!

Okay, NURSE Shelly, rest up and happy healing vibes to your hubby!

Happy travels, Jeanette - and Barb, too, I think ..............
I think if little man doesn't get picked to go, there is something definitely wrong! He got the highest score in the class and not get picked!!!!!!!!!! That's great that he got all Superiors. What a great thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2017, 07:32 PM   #7352  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Hello from sunny Florida- across the state from Kelly!

We are keeping pretty busy here- Ray is doing well with his crutches, but it does tire him out. I got him into an Ortho doc Monday down here- very highly rated.... they put him in a boot and he has crutches. I made an appt with a doc up by us on the 16th.

We went and watched a Shrimp boat unload today- pretty cool. They go out for 20-30 days, and it had 4000 lbs of shrimp on it. It comes off the boat flash frozen. We got some for dinner : )

Watched the team Ray is here with- they have not won a game yet. Tomorrow is the last day they play before they make brackets for playoffs. They are hoping to win- the team they are matched with tomorrow has also not won any games yet......

I stopped at a stamp store today, got a few misc supplies : ) Not much weight left in the luggage.....

Jeanette- off on the road again!

Kelly- so awesome for your son! He sounds amazing and talented like his mother! Very exciting : ) Congrats on his high scores!

Lynn- hoping all is well in your corner of the world (and your back and all).

Maxine Thinking of you and sending HUGS!!!

My Brother (from Texas) is coming up on the 17th with his wife and son. My Aunt from Indiana is also coming up. We are going to have lunch on Saturday with my sisters and the other Aunt. Saturday after lunch, Ray and I are going to go somewhere- and my brother will have the opportunity to spend some quality time with my Mom. LOL
He will be in town until Monday.

Off to bed !

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2017, 05:28 AM   #7353  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning friends!

Shelly - shrimp, yum! Sounds like a great dinner. Glad Florida is rolling out the sunshine for you - our weather has been so nice! (not the usual 110* with the humidity factori!) Glad Ray is doing okay, albiet tired and on cruches.

Thanks, Maggie - he was excited to go and learn! We are already thinking of what do to next year. By then, he'll have to audition for high school. It's only a year away!

Today I am attending a meeting at the school as the district has a proposed middle school name change - what's up with that! We don't know if it's a done deal, or we get to vote - but who just up and changes a school name without cause. It doesn't even have a name (like of a person) so it makes ZERO sense. An insider - who works downtown - told me it will cost upward of a million dollars - yes, MILLION - to make the change ...... dude! put that money towards supplies and media center needs, etc! Politics, I guess!

Enjoy your day, all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2017, 06:01 AM   #7354  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--it seems like so long ago that I was here and lots of chatter in that time! Looks like everyone else is also busy.................. The conference was great and I was quite lucky as I won two vendor prizes--but I gave both away as they were not something as a retired AD I would use. I also won money in the 50/50 raffle and was one of 7 winners in the final district door prizes-a package worth over $800. It includes a stay in a B&B in Ashland, which is on Lake Superior, on the far northern part of Wisconsin. It also included gift cards and items from various places in Ashland, including passes for the ferry to Madeline Island and a cruise around the island, plus $100 cash! Yay for me!!!!!!!

I got home yesterday afternoon and then we went out to dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant before going to a concert by Tommy Emmanuel--a famous guitarist. It was wonderful, but ended 10:30! We then had to stop at Rebecca's work to get her car and drive home separately. The freeway was also closed just before our exit and we found out today it was a fatal accident as the driver of a stranded car tried to across the road--yikes! We did not get home until after 11:30, so I am still a bit tired this morning and trying to adjust to the time change yet.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2017, 04:25 AM   #7355  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends.
Happy Thursday!
I hope you have a Terrific Day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2017, 08:07 AM   #7356  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Barb, love the graphic! I love the changing leaves and blowing piles - here, all we get is dust bunnies blowing around, LOL!

Well, Maggie, thank you for channeling good thoughts for little man! Sadly, the list came out and he wasn't chosen - bah! He scored the highest but I'm sure she chose the right acts for reasons that make sense. He was bummed but that's okay - we are learning and we had a blast! We might even try to sneak in a trip to Disney (Orlando) in December but that depends on cars working - or not, LOL!

Barb, congrats on your prize! Wow! Enjoy!

GIRLS! 45 days until Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! I'm. not. ready!!! Wow, so much to do - but first, Thanksgiving!

Waving!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2017, 04:08 AM   #7357  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kelly, that is just not right! I can't fathom that the individual - in this case your son - with the highest score doesn't get chosen. Sounds to me like they need to change their system of selection. I'm so sorry they are missing out on the talents of your young man!

WOW! That's quite the winnings, Barb... congrats! Like Lorraine said, it is so sad to think someone lost their life trying to get help. Heartbreaking!

Shelly, that's a lot of shrimp... and yummy, too! I'm glad Ray is doing as well as he is. It has to be tiring - and a bit disappointing, too. (((HUGS)))

Maggie, yay for the monarchs. They are fascinating!

Lynn, so good to see you popping in... you are certainly close to the tragedy. So heartbreaking!

We had a good trip/meeting. I worked the exhibit hall most of the time. I think in the 4 sessions (probably about 10 hours of actual meeting time) I was in the session for 45 minutes. LOL! It's hard on DH because he has to handle Brock alone, but I love being in the exhibit hall chatting with everyone who comes by our booth. We gave away gourmet popcorn... so people came... often! It was great!

Today my DH is taking Hot Sauce in for her oil change/maintenance. She has 17,000 miles on her but he wants it changed and the tires checked, etc. before I head out of state next week. Or maybe he's just looking for an excuse to take her for a drive. LOL!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2017, 04:13 AM   #7358  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2017, 10:51 AM   #7359  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Fri-Yay!!

Well chucks - had I known Jeanette was going to give out gourmet popcorn, I'd have driven by, too! Except my SUV won't make it to the end of the road without shake, rattling and rolling, so I may need to bike on up, LOL!

So what does Brock like to do when you are at the meetings, for all those hours? Does he like the hotels? Glad you had a good time and did some networking!

Went to the optometrist this am with my daughter - both got our annual eye exams. Her eyes got a little bit worse but she NEVER wears her glasses, except to drive. So he fit her with contacts and so far, she says she can finally read everything, lol. Silly girl. Mine are a mess, as usual and got a little worse, too, but he did say I was his funniest patient! ever! He laughed and laughed! He liked my "I'm a mom of 4, you need to check the eyeballs that I have in the back of my head, too" statement *grin*

Wishing you all a good start to your weekend!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #7360  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Hello to all! This is our last full day in Florida. This was so nice- sorry hubby got hurt, but we had a nice relaxing time together : )

Today, we did not get out until noon.... We ran around picking up his X-ray from the hospital. We asked for the CD on Sunday, but they did not make it for us. We stopped by the doc office and the notes we not ready. One more errand, then off to Captiva Island- so nice! We ate out and saw a beautiful sunset. Now, home to pack for chilly Illinois! Katie sent us a picture this morning of -snow!

I have missed papercrafting! And, I need to take care of my growing gray roots : ) LOL I have 2 days before mom comes back once I get home, so will try to catch up.

We have company coming next weekend- my brother, his wife and their son are coming up on Friday, and so is my Aunt. We are going to take advantage and head out and catch up with friends- my brother asked for 1-1 time with Mom.

Awww. Kel, so sorry your little guy did not make it on....not sure why, unless he wins everything and the teachers wanted other kids to have a chance? So cool that he got high score though!
I need an eye exam, except my med for the back nerve pain messes with my vision.... Mostly my Lt eye.....
Yikes-- 45 days.... I had better get busy!

Jeanette- yum- I love popcorn more than I can say! My Dad used to eat it every day! I don't- I eat it every other day...LOL

Barb- Wow- you win something everywhere you go! So awesome- and Congrats! That sounds like such an awesome trip! Do you spend a huge amount of cash on tickets???

Maggie- that is so cool that you had Monarchs - wowza. Such a great treat for you!

Lynn- thinking of you and hoping you are feeling well. Jim too!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes