Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2016, 06:38 AM   #5641  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,079 Likes on 859 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Deep breath and a sigh! I'm back!

Son is married and we got to do a tiny bit of sight seeing. We stayed in a condo with the Schmidt family. Ray's sister fell and broke her ankle severely, so she could not come, so Stephi's friend stayed with us. She was there to watch my Mother.

The wedding was fabulous. They wrote vows to each other, and had a Unity tree with dirt from both parents homes and- a surprise to the bride, they ordered butterflies (monarch's) to let go in memory of loved ones. One dear friend- her 2nd father= let one go in memory of his deceased wife, and it landed on the skirt of her gown, then she picked it up with her finger and it flew onto her sunflower bouquet and then back over the widowed husband before it flew off...... WOW!

This is Grandma and the kids. I love that she grabbed Grandma's hand- she is so sweet!

Grandma did well until the night after the wedding She fell in the bathroom and hit her head. At the airport with my brother- they wisker her away from them and loaded her into an ambulance- apparently her black eye was suspicious of elder abuse...... She had to have a CT scan and a work-up in a Denver Hospital. Luckily, I had her medical records on a flash drive with me and sent to my brother for the ER staff to review, and they let her go- but they missed their flight...... And, she is OK and back here with me.

Maggie- wow- your butterflies have really exploded! I would love to see a pic of the hutch and...next year, you have to keep track of how many butterflies you hatch, and how much you spend on Milkweed!
Hope your pain is improved. Are you on Gabapentin or Lyrica???

Lynn- Oh boy- my back pain is not as bad once the disc herniated, but have numbness with less reflex in my toe, so having another steroid injection next Wednesday. Also started Lyrica last month which really helps.

Hugs to all
Shelly
I loved seeing all the photos of the wedding on FB Shelly. It looks like it was just beautiful and oh, what an awe inspiring moment that must have been to release those Monarchs! I love seeing just my few fly away although last night I had 20 that left and some in 2's and 3's. I tried to video them and got a few, but they are so erratic in their take off and where they go and then they disappear into the trees. I've released about 40 this week and still have quite a few chrysalises in the hutch. Hahaha! I think it best that I not know how much I've spent on plants, but I hope next Spring to have a good supply of my own from the ones that I've had and cut back. Some of them are already starting to leaf out.

So sorry about your mom's accident. Glad that it wasn't more serious and that they were able to make sure there was nothing wrong. I will post a pic of the hutch later when I get home. I do want to keep track next Spring on Journey North when they start to arrive and keep better track of the cats and butterflies.

I quit taking the Gabapentin. It didn't seem to be doing anything for me. I'm going to see my chiropractor every Monday and he's doing something with lazer on my neck and then he works all the muscles up and down my arm and hand and in my neck area. I am doing a little better. He said that I have a lot of issues and it's going to take awhile. I do take higher dose Ibuprofen for the inflamation.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 06:47 AM   #5642  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello everyone.

Shelly, such wonderful pics here & on FB about the wedding - the story about the butterfly is sacred. How incredible.

Barb is right, I am struggling. Saw a Homeopathic LPN today, reviewed dietary modifications and supplements to help my body make more of its own serratonin. Bottom line: these are just hard weeks and there's nothing else to do but get through them. I will, then I think it will be less work for ordinary life. Every simple thing takes so much energy. I know that I am battling depression. I'll win.

I keep all of you in my prayers. Even though I'm not up to date on the specifics of your lives, God hardly needs ME to tell HIM what you need haha.

~Peace.
So sorry for your struggles with depression Darlene. It can be so dibillitating but glad that you are working through it. I hope that the LPN will be able to help with her advise. Sending up prayers for you also. All my FB and SCS friends are constantly on my prayer list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 06:48 AM   #5643  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
The visit to Gastro clinic did not give good news - the big C was confirmed by the biopsies, and because of DH's general poor health, the only treatment is palliative :-(. He is struggling - I had seen it coming as I had picked up more nuances from the talks with the Dr's, and having a bit of a medical background - his deafness does not help in these situations...

i covet your prayers
So, so sorry to hear this news Maxine. Do they have a prognosis? Surely keeping you guys in my prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 06:51 AM   #5644  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Maxine, I am so sorry for the news you and DH received. I will be keeping you both close to my heart and in my prayers.

Jeanette - how many cards do you make in a year? Do you keep track? Not sure how long your DH has been away but I am awestruck at you making 33 cards, in addition to everything else you do!

We have no internet in the office today. So no office email, no researching anything (sales, available properties and such). I am going through boxes of papers to recycle or shred before our move next month. At least I can be slightly productive!
Did your Internet go out on you or was this planned because you are moving? We had this happen to us last month and it was a nightmare getting it up and running again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 06:59 AM   #5645  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Morning! I'm still around, just not around.

First of all - Maxine, my heart broke when I read your previous post. Please, please know that you and your entire family are in my prayers. I just wish we all lived closer so we could help out in some small way. Since that's not possible, at least know we're here for you and sending our love and prayers daily.

I haven't even tried to really catch up on posts once again. Shelly, I did see the wedding photos on FB and here and of course they're gorgeous. They look so in love as I'm sure they are. Hope your mom is ok now. Know that was scary.

Well, let's see.........I got slapped in the hospital last week. Woke up on Monday and couldn't walk. Zilch! Wasn't going to happen. Not good! As I've said, I've been having some problems with my back and yes, it finally died! Jim got me to the car and then straight to the hospital. I was there for five wonderful (LOL) days. You can really lose your humor fast being stuck in the hospital you know! Got out Saturday. It seems I have several slipped/bulging discs and of course one is pinching a nerve that goes from the back/butt/thigh/knee/and beyond. As I said, Not Good! I'm at home now and using Jim's walker. Can get from one room to the next VERY SLOWLY! Just can't stand, walk, sit, or lay down for very long at a time. Lots of pain of course but I'm trying so hard to lay off the pain pills and deal with this. I had an epidural at the hospital and think the plan is to have another one maybe next week. From there - who knows. The doctor is saying possible back surgery, and I'm screaming no! We'll have to wait and see as it's too hard to make those kinds of decisions right now.
Jim's making it and bless his heart, tried to come up to the hospital once a day to see me. He's extremely tired trying to just take care of himself and no way he can take care of me too. My daughter is coming this weekend to help me plan out some meal deals for him and see what we can do on that end, so that's good.
I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be in this shape! Never! That's just not "me". But..........sometimes things happen and that's just the way they go I guess.

I'll get back over when I can to let you know how things are kicking (LOL) around here. Thinking about each and every one of you.
Lynn, so sorry to hear about your plight! I am not a very good patient and the last time I had to be in the hospital was terrible especially since there wasn't anything really wrong, they were just trying to figure out my meds dosage. I hope that you can work through it or that the epidurals will help with the pain. I suffer also from low back issues and this is the one thing that I dread also. Any kind of spinal surgery is just not where I want to go. I hope that you can stave that off, but if you really need it to be functional, then it needs to be done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 07:02 AM   #5646  
Quacker Stamper

I've had a busy week. I had my car in for service. First on Saturday to the dealer where I bought it because I get free oil changes; then I had to make an appointment and take it in to have the left, rear shock replaced. It was leaking. Monday morning I started hearing a tapping noise when I started up the car and then it would quit, so I told them about that too. The tech knew just what I was talking about and what was causing it. So the car was all fixed by 12:30. I had their driver come pick me up so I could get the car and then came back to the office. It only took a little over an hour to do that. Then I missed the rush hour traffic driving out there. All under warranty also.

We had book club on Tuesday night. We discussed "A Man Called Ove." It takes place in Sweden so the hostess had sort of Swedish food for our refreshments including pickled herring. I did NOT partake. Ugh! I'm not fond of picked anything except pickles. It was a fun night though. There were 8 of us there and before we left another lady showed up who used to live here, but moved 3 years ago to an island off of Washington state. She loves it there and it was great getting to see her for a brief time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 07:02 AM   #5647  
Quacker Stamper

It's been busy at my house - more caterpillars, more butterflies. I think I released about 40 this week. It's so cool when there are a bunch of therm and they come out a few at a time and fly away. I tried to get a video of them last night, but they go so fast and you don't know which way they are going.

I also have a new critter at my house - so far just one. Frostbite gave birth yesterday to 1 kitten. Not sure if she has anymore in there, but she does still look a little plump, not fat like she was. This one is all black!!! And she's all white! So weird how that happens. It was just the opposite with Wanda and Casper and Corey. So far she's being a good mama with nursing it. I have a big cage out there which Wanda has taken over and I also put a cat carrier out next to it and put newspaper and a towel in there which is where she had the baby. She's let me touch it, but this morning when it started to mew when I did, she did stop eating and come over to see what was going on. I scratched her head and petted her and she was okay with me touching her baby.

I sat outside for a little bit watching Frostbite and I saw what I thought was a big bumblebee on my Pentas flying around. I kept watching it to make sure it didn't come our way when it started flitting all around and I realized it wasn't a bumblebee, but a baby Hummingbird! So cute. I tried to get pictures of it, but it was too fast and so small you could hardly see it. I knew that the hummers were still around because the level in the feeder has been going down. I probably need to put a little more in it before they fly away.

I have a couple projects going on. I've been working on an ATC swap for October and there is a lot of coloring going on. I'm almost done with them and hope to finish up this weekend so I can get started on my other projects for the month. I probably won't do the ATC swap for November since I'll be gone most of 2 weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 07:04 AM   #5648  
Quacker Stamper

I can't believe that in a month I'll be in Arizona at Jennifer Dove's Boot Camp for Copics. So excited and anxious about the whole thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 07:06 AM   #5649  
Quacker Stamper

Maxine, I know it must not have been a particularly happy day for you, but just wanted to wish you Belated Birthday wishes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 06:23 PM   #5650  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

Oh Lynn - what a time you have had of it - I do hope you can get some relief and healing - I will continue praying for you!

Darlene you too are in my prayers - depression is so debilitating! :-(

Thank you for the birthday wishes Maggie - it was a bitter sweet sort of day...

DH is struggling with the diagnosis, and his lungs have taken a dive for the worse too, recently, so he is not the happiest of campers :-(.

I have managed to get some seedlings going and pricked out into cells to mature ready for planting out... no card making or anything though this week... maybe tomorrow :-)

Waving and sending blessings from down under
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 06:33 PM   #5651  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,953 Likes on 3,843 Posts

Maggie, wow! Lots happening in your life. I love hearing all about it! I am especially envious of you seeing a baby hummingbird. I'd love to see one!

Maxine, I'm sorry to hear your DH is struggling... but I suppose that is understandable. It is a tough diagnosis to handle. (((HUGS)))

I've been having a good day. I worked on my preparations for a conference I'm leading next week most of this morning. Then I switched to card-making. I actually made 7 cards today. Fun stuff!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #5652  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Maggie, wow! Lots happening in your life. I love hearing all about it! I am especially envious of you seeing a baby hummingbird. I'd love to see one!

Maxine, I'm sorry to hear your DH is struggling... but I suppose that is understandable. It is a tough diagnosis to handle. (((HUGS)))

I've been having a good day. I worked on my preparations for a conference I'm leading next week most of this morning. Then I switched to card-making. I actually made 7 cards today. Fun stuff!
That was so wonderful. My house is a ZOO! :mrgreen: Still only 1 kitten, although mama looks like she could have 1 or 2 more in there. She's a good mama though and taking care of her baby very well. I think that she's scared off some of the other cats. I haven't seen them around since I got home last night.

I released 25 more butterflies today!!!!!! :shock: I'm down to only 4, 4" pots with a dozen or so cats on them. I do still have quite a few chrysalises, but they should be hatching out in the coming weeks. Hopefully they will be all done by the time I go to Arizona.

I don't know why I have to keep logging in to get on here every day. Very annoying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 07:25 PM   #5653  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow Maggie that is one huge release of butterflies - you are a devoted slave to them, and your ***** cats :-)!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2016, 08:22 PM   #5654  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hi!

Oh Lynn, so sorry about you having to stay in 5 days- you had to have been in misery! Did they give you good drugs I hope??? Valium to relax the muscles? So sorry for your agony!!!

Maxine- I wish I lived closer too- would come bring you a cup of tea and a big huge hug! Did you do anything special on your Birthday- Hope it was a good day for you.

Maggie- the pictures of the Monarchs is amazing! You are an awesome Kittie Mommy and a fab Butterfly Mommy as well! A retreat to color sounds fabulous!

Jeanette- amazed by how many cards you can put together so quickly! I keep a list and need to hit it -making cards for swaps, etc. Your conferences sure keep you hopping! Glad Brock got a nice close shave : )
Barb- thanks for the link for the stamping event. Sounds like alot of fun.

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2016, 02:03 AM   #5655  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, I had a ah-ha moment when you said you are "down to 4, 4" pots with a dozen or so cats on them." You do love your cats - both the furry kind (and bless that new mama's heart) and the crawling kind that transform into butterflies. You truly are a cat woman. ;)

Maxine, I'm not sure slave is the word I would choose, but yes, Maggie sure is devoted to some of God's creatures.

Shelly, I am not sure I would have gotten that many cards made yesterday if it hadn't been for the fact that I was using card kits I'd received to make them. The finding stuff to coordinate was eliminated since that work was already done for me.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2016, 05:07 AM   #5656  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,299 Likes on 2,486 Posts

Good Morning Ladies--It is Friday!!!!! We are setting up for Camp Stamp-in-Oga tonight and it runs all day and into the night tomorrow. I have my challenge cards done for the morning class and my stamping case is already packed with projects for the rest of the day. I also have a few boxes of rummage items to sell in order to buy more toys!

We had another hard freeze overnight so I need to remove sheets I put over the tomatoes and peppers. We are to be in the mid 70's next week--interesting temps for the fall!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2016, 05:07 AM   #5657  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maxine--my heart aches for you and your hubby................

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2016, 05:38 AM   #5658  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Good morning, sweet friends!

Like Lynn, I'm around but not around here! I miss my online life but as gramma always said, there is a time and a season for everything. My season at the moment is our crazy life and not being home much, and trying to put a lot of things into perspective and make some BIG decisions. Some tears, some fears, but through-out it all, we hold fast to our faith and knowing His will be done.

MAXINE - dear me, I have missed so much from the chatter here but your news most of all has broken my heart for you. I'm sorry you got the news you didn't want to hear but am thankful your dh has such a dedicated and beautiful wife by his side as you figure this all out.

And Lynn, bless your heart (and back) - here you are taking care of the man, and you're injured, too! Rest up and heal fast!

Darlene (((((((((((((( 's ))))))))))))) Time. Time is all that will make it managable. Just be you. Grieve and take your time doing it. There isn't a time limit and you are entitled to every bit of what you feel, when you feel it, how you feel it .......... and surround yourself with goodness and support and know you are loved!

Shelly - the wedding (and butterfly story) was amazing to see and hear! What a wonderful turn of life to see kids grow and marry. I love her touch of the jean jacket on top of the wedding dress - very country chic!

Thanks for keeping everyone up to date about the storm, J - but as you all know, it skirted right by us. We were VERY lucky. We are used to it here, kinda like all ya'll with your snow and ice that live up north, but it's horrible to see devastation in it's wake ... lives lost, homes destroyed. My heart aches.

Maggie - A man called Ove was our August Book Club read It was interesting - I gave it a 4 on my Goodreads list √ One book that I picked up also literally engrossed me and it's called "The Life we Bury" - wow. Such an unexpected story.
And you ARE truly the butterfly mama!

Hugs to everyone - I'm so far behind, it's hard to remember all that I'm supposed to say, but know that I'm missing being here as often and being a part of the daily chatter :(

Scattering autumn hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2016, 06:02 AM   #5659  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

How fun, Barb! I know you will enjoy the Camp Stamp-in-Oga!

YAY! Kelly is in the house! Hi friend!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2016, 05:33 AM   #5660  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I slept in until almost 7:00 this morning. :oops: Sheesh! I must have been tired! I never sleep that late when I'm at home. :roll eyes: Now I'm behind, or as my grandpa would have said, "more behinder than behind."

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2016, 03:33 PM   #5661  
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts! It's been a long day for me. I was up early to get to my hairdresser at 8. Wow! She chopped off a bunch. It's more like a bob now. It's how I wanted it months ago. It had really gotten too long for me to deal with on a daily basis.

Grocery store for dinner for the kids tomorrow.

The new cleaning lady came at 3 and worked 3 hours. She probably could have worked that extra hour. There were a few things that she didn't get done. I'm only going to be home 2 weekends in November so I have to figure out when I'll have her back. She actually gave me a discount since she was only here for 3 hours.

I worked in my craft room while she was here. Got my images fussy cut for my ATC swap and caught up on most of my shows that I have on the DVR. I"m going to have some dinner and a shower and then work on a service project for our women's group for Thursday night. We are going to make cards for a nursing home and they asked me to be in charge. I had them pick out one from several I saw in the SCS gallery, but now I need to make one up to see how long it takes and show the woman in charge tomorrow at church.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2016, 10:38 PM   #5662  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi my precious friends - the week has been exhausting - and this morning I told the church what is happening for us - that was about the hardest part of all, to actually admit it 'out loud' to a bunch of people - yes we know them all, but it was still hard. The support was amazing and we were prayed for as a family ( the 'kids' and grands were all there too) as well as a couple.

I got out to the studio this afternoon and got going, and made two masculine cards. I had been 'zoning out' by playing cards on the computer for part of the week, rather than visiting blogs or anything - I rang a friend who was widowed very suddenly 5 1/2 years ago, and she knew what I meant, I think I am back on track again for a bit :-). Next trip to Waikato (big hospital) is Friday week for a chest CT scan, so it is good to have a week off as it were.

Wonderful to catch up on all the chat - my love and prayers to you all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2016, 01:48 PM   #5663  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon Ladies--Happy Sunday! I am watching the Packer game right now, enjoying my recliner! Camp Stamp-in-Oga was a fun day/night--I completed 4 sets of swap cards along with some other single cards. My color challenge card, which is on my blog today, was a winner--YAY! What a great time!

We had friends visiting from Colorado and had a nice brunch with them before they headed to Chicago to fly home. We went for a hike in the park to enjoy some of the fall colors.

I hope you had a great weekend and enjoy the remaining parts!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2016, 03:31 AM   #5664  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maggie, it sounds like you were productive while the cleaning lady cleaned. That's a win/win!

Maxine, my dear friend... your words brought me to my knees - in prayer for you. It is definitely difficult to voice the beast. But in doing so, you were able to gain a lot of prayer warriors. I am sure your church family will love you, pray for you, and walk with you as best they can through the journey. My thoughts, prayers and hugs are heading your way, just wish I could deliver them in person.

Barb, congrats on the winning card... and fun times this weekend, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2016, 05:25 AM   #5665  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends--Have a Great start to the New Week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2016, 05:58 AM   #5666  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Barb... cute graphic!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2016, 07:21 AM   #5667  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Morning! We did NOT want to get up this morning! Kids are in school and dogs are walked, went to do errands, paid bills and now I'm home to cactch up on book reviews and cards!

Maggie - Yep! I'm on the Project Bin DT! I have been since since March Her stamps are AMAZING!! I love them and they are so funny and sweet and versatile and the owner is one of the kindest and GOOD people I know. It's an honor to design for her

Scattering autumn hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #5668  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi my precious friends - the week has been exhausting - and this morning I told the church what is happening for us - that was about the hardest part of all, to actually admit it 'out loud' to a bunch of people - yes we know them all, but it was still hard. The support was amazing and we were prayed for as a family ( the 'kids' and grands were all there too) as well as a couple.

I got out to the studio this afternoon and got going, and made two masculine cards. I had been 'zoning out' by playing cards on the computer for part of the week, rather than visiting blogs or anything - I rang a friend who was widowed very suddenly 5 1/2 years ago, and she knew what I meant, I think I am back on track again for a bit :-). Next trip to Waikato (big hospital) is Friday week for a chest CT scan, so it is good to have a week off as it were.

Wonderful to catch up on all the chat - my love and prayers to you all
So glad that you have a church family there to give all of you support Maxine. It's so important to have those that care about you surround you with love.

Glad to hear that you are moving forward and not getting stuck in a hole with all that is going on. It's easy to zone out with the video or Internet games, but I think much more therapeutic to do some coloring or creating. Hope all goes well on Friday.

Save
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #5669  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Afternoon Ladies--Happy Sunday! I am watching the Packer game right now, enjoying my recliner! Camp Stamp-in-Oga was a fun day/night--I completed 4 sets of swap cards along with some other single cards. My color challenge card, which is on my blog today, was a winner--YAY! What a great time!

We had friends visiting from Colorado and had a nice brunch with them before they headed to Chicago to fly home. We went for a hike in the park to enjoy some of the fall colors.

I hope you had a great weekend and enjoy the remaining parts!
Sounds like you had a great weekend Barb. YOur color challenge card was great and glad that it turned out to be a winner!

Got my hair cut on Saturday. I had her chop about 3" off of it. Now its kind of a Bob! I really like it like this. I can almost wash it and wear it.

The kids came for dinner on Sunday. My SIL doesn't get to come anymore since he's job schedule changed and he's working Sunday through Thursday. At least he gets to do it from home. I made a vegan meal with stuffed shells. Everyone liked it and they took home leftovers. I found some new dairy free Ben & Jerry's ice cream at my HEB so I got some of that to go along with the chocolate cake I made. It was all good. We played 2 hands of Mille Borne card game. My DD and I were partners the first hand and my DGS and I were partners the 2nd time. Since my DD won in both hands, I guess she was the better player. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #5670  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maggie, it sounds like you were productive while the cleaning lady cleaned. That's a win/win!

Maxine, my dear friend... your words brought me to my knees - in prayer for you. It is definitely difficult to voice the beast. But in doing so, you were able to gain a lot of prayer warriors. I am sure your church family will love you, pray for you, and walk with you as best they can through the journey. My thoughts, prayers and hugs are heading your way, just wish I could deliver them in person.

Barb, congrats on the winning card... and fun times this weekend, too!

She did an okay job, but I think she's just starting out in her business. I'm not sure yet if I want to have her come back again. I have that "stupor of thought" feeling. She wants me to write a review on our Neighborhood webpage, but I'm not sure what to say. I don't want to say anything negative, but then again, I don't want to be all she's 100% great because she's not. There were some little things - like stuff not all dusted, she didn't clean any of my stainless steel in the kitchen which includes my sinks. The tile floors weren't completely clean - there were spots. She didn't clean the commode in my bathroom which needed cleaning. Also, she used all my supplies including my vacuum and my steam mop. She forgot her duster, so I asked her what she was going to use, and she said a cloth and water. NO! I had already told her not to use water on my wood floors. I ended up giving her some swiffer dry duster things to use. She also used my Swiffer to clean the floors. What would you do?
Save
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2016, 03:45 AM   #5671  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Kelly, that graphic is so fun! Love it!

Maggie, oh my... she doesn't sound like the greatest cleaning lady, at all. I am sure you will come to the best decision for you and your house... a decision you are giving due consideration to.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2016, 05:05 AM   #5672  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Stamping Friends. I hope you have a great day. It is to be in the mid 70's today--so much for October in Wisconsin!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2016, 05:08 AM   #5673  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Barb!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2016, 02:26 AM   #5674  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2016, 08:49 AM   #5675  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I had a humane society meeting this morning at 7:30. We have changed to morning times and will see how it goes-but three people were missing this morning and they were the ones pushing for it..........

I have spent the last 2 hours working on getting the oven repaired at church as it seems to not hold the temperature--and I found out it seems to not have been working since it was installed five years ago..................... Do you think someone could have said something then?! It has not worked for the lady who did the food for Camp Stamp-in-Oga in June and last Saturday. She had 2 pans of mashed potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees for an hour and they were barely hot, so she upped it to 450 and after another half hour, they were done. That does not seem right! That is why it was assigned to me to get it looked at--by the head of building and grounds--my roomie!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday and I am sorry I am not able to find Smoochy this morning--not a normal routine Hump Day! ;) ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2016, 02:11 PM   #5676  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Barb, I'm surprised no one complained about the oven before. Sure glad you got someone to look at it. Now, about Smoochy....... :(
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2016, 06:21 PM   #5677  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hi!

Hi! I made some time and cleaned and organized a bit in my craft room, and set up a space for my Mom to paint, draw, etc in my room.... so I can get up into my room. I actually made a card! Yeah! I have missed creating!
Mom is signed up to go to daycare a couple of days a week. They have different activities every hour to hour and a half like chair exercise, mini golf, etc....
She made a mason jar with a gauze around it, Ghost eyes and mouth and a battery operated light turned on. She is so excited by these crafts. Today, she made a scare crow : )
We are so excited for the Cubs to be in the playoffs! We are holding our breaths! My husband is so anxious.....

Oh , dear Maxine- bug Hugs- I know that was just so hard, and I hope it brings people out to support you and pray for you and your family! I think my solace would also be stamping/creating!

Jeanette- that is alot of sleep for you! I love creating with the card kits- did not think of that. I do that just once a month and it is so fun, especially seeing the different images and ideas for colors and all.

Barb- congrats on your card winning. That retreat sounds like a blast. Ia m glad you are getting the oven fixed before the Jan one (hehehe). That is crazy that the oven has not worked for 5 yrs....

Maggie- I had a number of cleaning ladies interviewed and had changed for a spell, and the ones I got just did a bad job. It is so frustrating! I hope that works out for you. I hope you talked to the lady so it will help her going forward getting feedback. Your trip sounds like fun and I hope we will see it on FB!

Kelly- glad you had a fun day and were able to create. I noticed you were creating for a new team- will have to go check it out! How was the corn maize???

I was so happy to get around and visit all of your blogs! Such talent!

Hugs to all
Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2016, 03:02 AM   #5678  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, it's so good to see you here... and to hear that you were able to make a card.Woo Hoo! Sound like you and your mom are getting into a groove. Will she be staying with you permanently instead of going to your brother' some of the time?

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2016, 05:29 AM   #5679  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I hope you have a terrific Thursday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2016, 02:51 AM   #5680  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Well, I'm going out of town later this morning - not in my Private Jet, but with Hot Sauce. Vrrroooommmm! I am leading a conference tomorrow and will get home late tomorrow night. So, let me be the first to say...

I'll see you Monday morning (unless I pop in again later this morning)!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes