Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-02-2016, 06:37 PM   #4521  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Hello from Illinois- we are back from Texas- we visited family NE of Dallas, went to Austin, San Antonio and then a small town Marble Falls. We sat in the airport all afternoon because of icing issues in Chicago. We were supposed to leave at 1PM, and got on the plane at 7PM..... I was able to get around to blogs- as I did not have much blogging time in Tx.... You are sure a talented group : )

Yes- Lynn is so right- I quit all DT's for a spell, too much going on and it was not fun, plus, I have too much unused stuff.... I am really trying to use what I have, but still caved and bought a few new things this month- a die, a Misti and some sequins.

I did read up to date on this thread and wish all well- I have been on the phone with family all evening and have to get off of the computer. Thanksgiving wishes to my 9 yr old nephew- he got news that he was 5 years cancer free today.

Heading to Dubuque, Iowa tomorrow to see Stephanie- will be back late Friday night : ) We are supposed to get snow here tomorrow, so may be interesting.

Waving hello to all
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2016, 03:30 AM   #4522  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,953 Likes on 3,843 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Barb, I see you were stingy with Smoochy again. Drats!

Way to go on the organizing, Maggie! Impressive!

Welcome home, Shelly... and goodbye again. Enjoy your Iowa visit!

I'm sorry I didn't show up at all yesterday. I ended up going out of town (unexpectedly) for the day. It was a great day! Now I have to get ready to lead that workshop again... organize the many items I'll take and get the car loaded again. I go decorate the room tomorrow and lead the workshop on Saturday.

What's everybody else up to today?

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2016, 05:25 AM   #4523  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,298 Likes on 2,485 Posts

Good Morning Ladies--Have a Terrific Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2016, 09:07 PM   #4524  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

Friday evening here, and I have a friend coming to visit soon.

I got the date for my surgery - next Thursday - i will be on day surgery only, so should be home by evening - my Sister in law will be taking me up to Waikato. Can't wait in a way as my hand is almost constantly got pins and needles and at times is quite painful if I have used it much.

i have managed a few cards this week, some co-operated and some did not!!

Great to catch up on the thread - safe travels Shelly and Jeanette, hope it's not too cold and snowy Barb, and no I missed your caped fly-by Shelly :-(

Waving to you all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2016, 04:34 AM   #4525  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hope your day was good yesterday, Barb!

Maxine, I'm glad you have the date now... will pray everything goes smoothly!

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts...
... and goodbye.

I am leaving in a bit. Will be gone a couple of days (leading a VBS Workshop). Come home; then leave again (to go in the opposite direction) for our state board meeting (I'm a board member). I'll be back late Tuesday night... so I'll see all of you again next Wednesday.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2016, 04:59 AM   #4526  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

This week FLEW by, and our weekend is just as crazy! We have a show tonight with our daughter's drama friends so we're going to show the love and support! Tomorrow is an event for the Boy Scouts, then have to scoot across town to a lazer tag BOY birthday party, oh the fun! Sunday is the OPERA! *Swoon!*

Haven't had a chance to get inky :( I am going into withdrawals - LOL!

*Sending love about!*

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2016, 05:02 AM   #4527  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is going to be a busy day for me. I am headed out to the venue Humane Society fund raiser tomorrow--the Fur Ball! We are finishing up the decorating and I am taking over a number of items I have for the silent auction. I am hoping enough is done that I do not need to go back over tomorrow morning. This afternoon I have hostess club and tonight we are going to meet some friends at a wine bar.

Have a Fantastic Friday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2016, 08:03 AM   #4528  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I hope you area having a nice weekend so far.

The Fur Ball is tonight and our theme this year is Big City, Bright Lights. The venue is a warehouse that has a mezzanine overlooking another floor. We have decorated it to look like a New York City night club from the 70's-80's with lots of white lights. It should be a fun night and we have sold more tickets than past years and even hope for more to come tonight. I will be heading over tomorrow morning to help clean up and should check back here in the afternoon.

Have a Great One!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #4529  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,079 Likes on 859 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello from Illinois- we are back from Texas- we visited family NE of Dallas, went to Austin, San Antonio and then a small town Marble Falls. We sat in the airport all afternoon because of icing issues in Chicago. We were supposed to leave at 1PM, and got on the plane at 7PM..... I was able to get around to blogs- as I did not have much blogging time in Tx.... You are sure a talented group : )

Yes- Lynn is so right- I quit all DT's for a spell, too much going on and it was not fun, plus, I have too much unused stuff.... I am really trying to use what I have, but still caved and bought a few new things this month- a die, a Misti and some sequins.

I did read up to date on this thread and wish all well- I have been on the phone with family all evening and have to get off of the computer. Thanksgiving wishes to my 9 yr old nephew- he got news that he was 5 years cancer free today.

Heading to Dubuque, Iowa tomorrow to see Stephanie- will be back late Friday night : ) We are supposed to get snow here tomorrow, so may be interesting.

Waving hello to all
Shelly
Glad you had a fun time on your trip. Next time you come to Texas, we really need to coordinate a time so that we can meet up. Loved seeing your photos on FB.

I understand about not having enough time for DT's. I kept one of mine. Every so often I see a DT call and think about it, but realize that I just don't have the time right now to deal with more than one.

Congrats to your nephew! That's fabulous news.

Have a fun time with Stephi.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2016, 09:04 AM   #4530  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Friday evening here, and I have a friend coming to visit soon.

I got the date for my surgery - next Thursday - i will be on day surgery only, so should be home by evening - my Sister in law will be taking me up to Waikato. Can't wait in a way as my hand is almost constantly got pins and needles and at times is quite painful if I have used it much.

i have managed a few cards this week, some co-operated and some did not!!

Great to catch up on the thread - safe travels Shelly and Jeanette, hope it's not too cold and snowy Barb, and no I missed your caped fly-by Shelly :-(

Waving to you all
Glad that you have a date for your hand surgery. SEnding up prayers for a good surgery and a quick recovery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2016, 09:06 AM   #4531  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

This week FLEW by, and our weekend is just as crazy! We have a show tonight with our daughter's drama friends so we're going to show the love and support! Tomorrow is an event for the Boy Scouts, then have to scoot across town to a lazer tag BOY birthday party, oh the fun! Sunday is the OPERA! *Swoon!*

Haven't had a chance to get inky :( I am going into withdrawals - LOL!

*Sending love about!*
Sounds like a great weekend. What opera are you seeing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2016, 09:07 AM   #4532  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies! I hope you area having a nice weekend so far.

The Fur Ball is tonight and our theme this year is Big City, Bright Lights. The venue is a warehouse that has a mezzanine overlooking another floor. We have decorated it to look like a New York City night club from the 70's-80's with lots of white lights. It should be a fun night and we have sold more tickets than past years and even hope for more to come tonight. I will be heading over tomorrow morning to help clean up and should check back here in the afternoon.

Have a Great One!!!!
Sounds like a fun time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2016, 08:32 AM   #4533  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maxine, I'll be thinking about you this week with that upcoming surgery! Hope you have a speedy recovery from it. Know you're not looking forward to all this but hopefully things will be better soon now.

For those of you that don't have or use FB. Shelly posted yesterday about her dad having a major stoke. Shelly, her dad, and her entire family can use our prayers right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #4534  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Evening--The Fur Ball was great! We had record attendance and it sounds like many who attended thought is one of the best ever--great venue, awesome decorations, unique silent auction items and good food too! We did all of the clean up today--took 5 hours and the director thought it was going to be a much longer day. We had a good turn out for that and many hands make light work....................... I hope the total money raised reflects all of these positives......................

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2016, 05:15 AM   #4535  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #4536  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maxine, I'll be thinking about you this week with that upcoming surgery! Hope you have a speedy recovery from it. Know you're not looking forward to all this but hopefully things will be better soon now.

For those of you that don't have or use FB. Shelly posted yesterday about her dad having a major stoke. Shelly, her dad, and her entire family can use our prayers right now.
I saw that. So sad. He has been trying so hard to stay independent and surely he won't be able to do this anymore especially with her mom's health issues. They truly need to be in an assisted living facility. My DD and SIL are going through this with his parents. Once his mom moved into the nursing home, it really affected his dad and now they are both in the nursing home, but they are moving them closer to where my DD and SIL live so they can be closer to the family. There is another brother that lives close to DD, so they will be closer also. I think they are doing all this over Spring Break next week. Also selling the house they live in now. I think that they already have an offer on it, so hopefully that will get sold quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2016, 08:19 AM   #4537  
Quacker Stamper

I spent more time organizing in my stamp room. I worked on ribbons. I had a big box of ribbon pieces that I wanted to save, so I went through all them, wrapped them and put them in little plastic bags. I store them in containers by colors, so I just had to pop all those little bags in the right containers. I also had a few new flowers and got them tucked away in their containers also. I do have a few more dies that I need to add to my collection, so hopefully I'll get that done tonight.

On Saturday, I went to Michael's and HL. I was looking for some St. Patrick's Day embellishments and papers that I could use for the ATC swap that I'm in. I didn't really find very much, so I'll have to check out the Internet for some good ATC pictures that I can use. Already thinking of Easter too. Even though it's in March, I think I'll do Easter for the April ATC swap.

Still have a little bit more to do to get the room completely organized, so I'll be working on that as much as possible and also in my workshop in the garage. Still need to get that going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2016, 07:33 PM   #4538  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

This weekend was a blur!

Have. Mercy.

SUPER busy and very fun but over as fast as it started. And now today was back and forth and back and forth - I went to the school(s!!) 4 times ~ then to drop off dd to her job since my car is in the shop. Not a clue when I'll get it back since they aren't sure what it's doing - LOL. I got stuck in construction TWICE and just sat and sat in gridlock, was late to pick up little man for school (that was a first!) Had to get dd from school to rehearsal, just to find out after a 45 minute drive that they cancelled it - ugh. Honestly, this is a Monday I could have done without!

I hope yours was better than mine!

Lynn, I did see the news and posted my prayers - bless her heart.

Maxine, prayers!!! You are such a strong and faith-filled lady ♥

Barb - LOVE LOVE the fur ball , sounds like a great success and anything for the fur babies is always a success ♥

Maggie - I actually did not see the Opera, but it was Phantom of the Opera. My dd (who bought me the tickets for us to go) is seeing someone now and they are in that gah gah falling in love stage - I knew it would magical if she went with him and convinced her to let him go in my place. Oh yes I wanted to see it - LOL. She had amazing seats! Right near the stage *swoon* but there will be other times. I have seen it twice before, they had seen it never They were together from 9 am all the way to the Opera and after at a wonderful dinner overlooking the waters of Miami Beach ....... very enchanting evening, I'm told and one of the best nights of her life. YAY! We still plan to hit New York - this summer, or winter - and a play is on the agenda! So it was totally okay for me to miss it (just this once, lol)

Your organizing and craft clean up sounds busy! I miss being inky :( I just can't find time to breath, let alone make cards, but I do miss it dearly.

Tomorrow is bible study bright and early after drop offs 'n such so I'll scoot!

Sending hugs to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2016, 07:38 PM   #4539  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hi!

Just stopping by really quickly. I am in Ky- Dad had a stroke on Friday. We are going to meet with Hospice tomorrow to see what our options are. Dad is with it on/off and sounds totally 'in there', and then has a period where we cannot wake him up..... Not sure when I am coming back home, or when I will get around to blogs.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2016, 04:35 AM   #4540  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Sending huge prayers to Shelly and her family.......................

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2016, 04:35 AM   #4541  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--going to spend some time in the stamp room today. I have two swaps along with a group card that I would like to finish by tomorrow.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2016, 11:06 PM   #4542  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi girls - good to see you all chatting - have been praying for Shelly and family.

I am in surgery in about 18 hours from now, and may not be online much for the next few days - will call in when i feel up to it. Thanks for the prayers - the worst tomorrow will be the post anaesthesia issues I have - as long as I am well medicated I should be home late in the day.

Waving good night
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 05:00 AM   #4543  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I am home again... and things are hopefully settling down. Brock was home yesterday (poor DH) with a stomach virus. The only good thing to say about those is they are usually over within 24 hours or so. I just hate it when Brock is sick.

My meetings - 5 of them - were very productive!

Shelly, you and your family are in my prayers! (((HUGS)))

Maxine, I'm thinking your surgery is over now... hope it all went well. Take care. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Maggie, I am in awe of your organization. I keep working at getting my Working Studio organized, but I still have a long way to go - and still have all those boxes in the garage to open/purge/store. EEK! But spring weather will soon allow me to work on that. So that's good!

Barb, it sounds like the Fur Ball was a huge success. YAY!

Kelly, yikes! You're always so busy! I hope today is a good day!!!

Lynn, how are you and Jim doing these days? Hanging in there?

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 05:41 AM   #4544  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Welcome to Hump Day Wednesday! I did find Smoochy today as it is so warm out--temps in the 60's again today! Is this really only March? I am sure we are not done with winter yet.

I did complete one swap yesterday and hope to complete the second one today, and one more card. I doubt that I will be online before I leave tomorrow and I do not plan to check in until I get home Sunday afternoon. Have a great rest of the week and a fantastic weekend. Don't forget to set your clocks ahead Saturday night--Spring Ahead!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 05:43 AM   #4545  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

SMOOCHY!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 07:20 AM   #4546  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Just stopping by really quickly. I am in Ky- Dad had a stroke on Friday. We are going to meet with Hospice tomorrow to see what our options are. Dad is with it on/off and sounds totally 'in there', and then has a period where we cannot wake him up..... Not sure when I am coming back home, or when I will get around to blogs.

Shelly
Sending up prayers Shelly for you and your family. You do what you need to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 07:24 AM   #4547  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

This weekend was a blur!

Have. Mercy.

SUPER busy and very fun but over as fast as it started. And now today was back and forth and back and forth - I went to the school(s!!) 4 times ~ then to drop off dd to her job since my car is in the shop. Not a clue when I'll get it back since they aren't sure what it's doing - LOL. I got stuck in construction TWICE and just sat and sat in gridlock, was late to pick up little man for school (that was a first!) Had to get dd from school to rehearsal, just to find out after a 45 minute drive that they cancelled it - ugh. Honestly, this is a Monday I could have done without!

I hope yours was better than mine!

Lynn, I did see the news and posted my prayers - bless her heart.

Maxine, prayers!!! You are such a strong and faith-filled lady ♥

Barb - LOVE LOVE the fur ball , sounds like a great success and anything for the fur babies is always a success ♥

Maggie - I actually did not see the Opera, but it was Phantom of the Opera. My dd (who bought me the tickets for us to go) is seeing someone now and they are in that gah gah falling in love stage - I knew it would magical if she went with him and convinced her to let him go in my place. Oh yes I wanted to see it - LOL. She had amazing seats! Right near the stage *swoon* but there will be other times. I have seen it twice before, they had seen it never They were together from 9 am all the way to the Opera and after at a wonderful dinner overlooking the waters of Miami Beach ....... very enchanting evening, I'm told and one of the best nights of her life. YAY! We still plan to hit New York - this summer, or winter - and a play is on the agenda! So it was totally okay for me to miss it (just this once, lol)

Your organizing and craft clean up sounds busy! I miss being inky :( I just can't find time to breath, let alone make cards, but I do miss it dearly.

Tomorrow is bible study bright and early after drop offs 'n such so I'll scoot!

Sending hugs to all!
I truly don't know how you do it Kelly! I fear that one of these days you're going to crash and burn! :(

That was sweet of you to give your DD's BF your ticket to Phantom.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 07:28 AM   #4548  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I am home again... and things are hopefully settling down. Brock was home yesterday (poor DH) with a stomach virus. The only good thing to say about those is they are usually over within 24 hours or so. I just hate it when Brock is sick.

My meetings - 5 of them - were very productive!

Shelly, you and your family are in my prayers! (((HUGS)))

Maxine, I'm thinking your surgery is over now... hope it all went well. Take care. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Maggie, I am in awe of your organization. I keep working at getting my Working Studio organized, but I still have a long way to go - and still have all those boxes in the garage to open/purge/store. EEK! But spring weather will soon allow me to work on that. So that's good!

Barb, it sounds like the Fur Ball was a huge success. YAY!

Kelly, yikes! You're always so busy! I hope today is a good day!!!

Lynn, how are you and Jim doing these days? Hanging in there?

Glad that you made it home okay.

We were supposed to have some nasty weather this week. Got the rain, but not as much as was predicted, but it's good for my yard. We did not get any of the severe stuff at my house, for which I am very thankful. It let up last night enough that we were all able to get to book club.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #4549  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maggie, I love your posts!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 11:06 AM   #4550  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Shelly
Sending prayers for your dad and your family. Big hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 11:07 AM   #4551  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi girls - good to see you all chatting - have been praying for Shelly and family.

I am in surgery in about 18 hours from now, and may not be online much for the next few days - will call in when i feel up to it. Thanks for the prayers - the worst tomorrow will be the post anaesthesia issues I have - as long as I am well medicated I should be home late in the day.

Waving good night
Praying all goes well with your surgery, Maxine. Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 01:44 PM   #4552  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I am soooooooooooooo excited! I've been wanting a Raskog cart for quite some time - to organize my coloring tools (Copics, other markers, colored pencils, etc)... but am too far from an IKEA to get to one very easily. I finally broke down last week and ordered one - the shipping wasn't too awfully expensive. It came today! And I put it together and got my toys organized....

I think it's going to work well for me! (I have my son - in Wisconsin - looking for 6 more of the pink containers like is on the top shelf for me. They are in the dollar aisle at Target but so far in the Targets I've been to I've only found the 6. I need 6 more so I can get rid of the canning jars... and stay with the bright pink color scheme of my Working Studio).
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 02:04 PM   #4553  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

YAY!!! DS just texted me............ they found/bought 6 of the bright pink containers for me!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 04:17 AM   #4554  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 03:22 PM   #4555  
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, I love your cart! Great that your son found more of those containers too. I don't live anywhere near Ikea either but my son lives in Dallas. He kept asking what I wanted for Christmas and got the same answer he always does - nothing. The day before Christmas my daughter said something about the Ikea right down the street from him - so I called and said that's what I wanted. LOL! He started laughing and said no way was he going to Ikea the day before Christmas. Lo and behold though he was kidding and that's what I got. Mine is the blue color one and yes, I LOVE it! It holds so much. Wish I had room for about 3 of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 05:02 PM   #4556  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
I am soooooooooooooo excited! I've been wanting a Raskog cart for quite some time - to organize my coloring tools (Copics, other markers, colored pencils, etc)... but am too far from an IKEA to get to one very easily. I finally broke down last week and ordered one - the shipping wasn't too awfully expensive. It came today! And I put it together and got my toys organized....

I think it's going to work well for me! (I have my son - in Wisconsin - looking for 6 more of the pink containers like is on the top shelf for me. They are in the dollar aisle at Target but so far in the Targets I've been to I've only found the 6. I need 6 more so I can get rid of the canning jars... and stay with the bright pink color scheme of my Working Studio).
That is fabulous! I may have to check into getting one of those. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #4557  
Quacker Stamper

Our Bishop texted the FAmily History team yesterday for us to meet up at church last night at 7. The weather was a little icky with the rain, but not as bad as it could be so I went. They are building out our old Ward library to be our new Family HIstory Library and class room. Its fabulous! It's big and has long tables on either side, a better WiFi connection, 3 new computers plus our 3 laptops that our Ward bought for the class. I teach the FH class at church on Sundays, 3 weeks in a row for 5 people. We're trying to get every one of our Ward members to take the class. I'm so excited for our new space. They still need to fix the carpet, so not sure if that will be done by Sunday. If not, we'll have to wait to start using it.

While I was up at church, I went to look at the old FH library which was so small you could barely have 2 people in it at a time. Sitting outside in the hallway was this fabulous old microfische cabinet. I asked the Bishop what they were going to do with it, and he said they were going to put it in the dumpster! NO! I want it! I called my Home Teacher and he came on up to the church (Had to pick his dd up from an activity) and he was able to get it in his van and bring it to my house. It's in the garage right now and I pla to put it out there in my workshop. I like it because the drawers are small and I can't wait to see all the stuff that I can store in it. Now I have to get that workshop cleaned up so I can get the cabinet moved in there.

Attached Thumbnails [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/blogging-groups-f290/317681d1457661039t-file-cabinet.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/blogging-groups-f290/317682d1457661069t-file-cabinet-drawer.jpg[/IMG]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #4558  
Hardware Hotshot

Oooooooooooh love all those storage solutions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surgery went well - done with a nerve block and sedation, so no yuckky after effects, thankfully.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #4559  
Hardware Hotshot

Sorry to hear about your Father in Law Shelly - May you know God's peace during this time.

Had to leave earlier as dinner had just arrived, courtesy of DS and family...

Jeanette I am in awe of your busy-ness, as for Kelly, she is amazing!!!

Good to see you pop in Kristie.

Barb you sound as though you are enjoying your swaps :-)

Anyone know how Darlene is?

Lynn I am glad to see you have got a few cards done of late

Hugs to you all, and many thanks for your prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 05:31 AM   #4560  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Additcs!

Lynn, your DS is a "keeper"! That was so sweet of him to get the cart for you - fighting the day-before-Christmas crowd to do so! WOW! And I agree... I can certainly see the benefit of having more than one. ;) (Sidenote - I first thought I wanted the blue one, it's such a pretty color! But my accent color in my Working Studio is bright pink, so I decided against the blue. Then I thought I wanted the dark gray... but decided it might make it more challenging to see/discern the colors of my coloring utensils, so decided against it. Behind door #3... the cream colored one. And I love it!)

Oh, Maggie... what a fantastic cabinet! So glad you have it (and not the dumpster!) And the new space sounds great!!!

Maxine, so glad to hear your surgery went okay! And to see you here posting again! YAY!

I have so much to do today (yesterday I did laundry and made 3 cards)... tomorrow I am an official state representative at one of our Children's Ministry Day sites. Whew! Doesn't that sound official??? What that means is I meet and greet, cheer the kids on, answer any questions that come up, and take pictures of the children working at as many of the 15 locations as I can get to in a day's time.) Sooooooooo... you know where this is going........ I won't be on SCS tomorrow, and I'm never on it on Sundays. Yikes! This is definitely becoming a pattern. ;)

I'll see you on Monday (unless I sneak in here again later today). Have a great weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes