Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-25-2016, 07:38 AM   #81  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi maryFran2323, this was my big bugbear with Evernote. However, it seems it has actually been sort of fixed- if you select the image, you can then drag in from the bottom right corner to resize. I'm finding this a bit clunky though, and still prefer OneNote for usability in this aspect. I can resize in any direction, just like a free transform too, and more importantly, I can just grab and move images around a page, which I still don't seem to be able to do in Evernote, but maybe it's just me.

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 08-25-2016 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: typo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2016, 06:29 PM   #82  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have started using Evernote just lately. I numbered all my dies starting at 1 to ?? now when I go back into them to correct something or add the die is out of order. Is there anyway to fix this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2016, 03:01 AM   #83  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

There is an icon you can click at the top that allows you to change your sort order and adjust your view - hopefully you can see this well enough to figure it out! Click there, and then select 'sort notes by' and 'title' and you should be fine.

Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2016, 05:33 AM   #84  
Gallery Gazer

Received 178 Likes on 119 Posts

Also sometimes I find there is a difference when sorting on other devices, the ipad is a bit different then my windows computer and so is my iPhone
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 02:32 PM   #85  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doris BView Post
Does anyone know how to make an image smaller within a note?
I realize this was an older question, but I figured out how! Click on the image at the bottom right corner. Then you can click and drag to resize the image. I've only done this on my laptop version of Evernote, and I'm not sure if it's the same on a smartphone app.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 02:37 PM   #86  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by K. BenkoView Post
I have started using Evernote just lately. I numbered all my dies starting at 1 to ?? now when I go back into them to correct something or add the die is out of order. Is there anyway to fix this.
Another thought is to start numbering them 01, 02, 03, etc. I don't know if this will work, but it doesn't hurt to try. Just change the note from 1 to 01.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2018, 04:36 PM   #87  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkdmView Post
They recently changed their terms for accessing data on more than two devices. It used to be free but it's now $35/year.
You can only use the app on 2 devices (say, phone and tablet). But you can also use internet to access Evernote on any computer you want (say, home, work, and anywhere else).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2018, 06:46 PM   #88  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

I so need this app. A friend on SCS suggested I look at it a few months ago and I've done nothing about it. The thought of putting every craft item into an inventory excites me but finding time to do it is a problem.....small steps. I shall start today. I have a written inventory but it's pretty useless when searching for an item.

Thanks for all the tips. Happy day
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 03:48 AM   #89  
Gallery Gazer

It is so worth doing, yes it is time consuming but Very useful.
Putting tags and/or descriptions is definitely worthwhile.
Start with a category like stamps, punches, embossing folders
With my iPhone and iPad I can dictate the description much easier for me then typing.
But on the computer, since I already had a pic of all stamp sets scanned, I was able to drag that file into Evernote, big time saver
If you don’t have images, taking a pic with your phone works
If you have Stampin Up you may want to check bevadams.com as she shares files
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2018, 01:41 AM   #90  
Die Cut Diva

Totally agree with Doris. This is definitely a big project, as most of us come to it mainly because the quantity of stamps etc we have is just way outside our ability to remember them all! It's biggest help is by adding tags, making a search as easy as doing an image search on your pc, so be really thorough with tagging stamps/sets. Use every possible key word you can think of.
And yes Jayne, small steps is the best way. As one of my managers is prone to ask in meetings: How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2018, 06:24 AM   #91  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks everyone for the tips. I finally managed to download the app onto my Mac. For some reason it wouldn't download to my iPad and I think because it's so old. I shall definitely be taking into account all of your tips and do it slowly. Thanks again and Happy day.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2018, 11:05 AM   #92  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Benefit of Paid vs. Free version of Evernote

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadiejane929View Post
Some of my friends were talking about this at the Stampaway Convention so I asked DH about it. He uses it a lot and got me started. I may spend the rest of my life loading my stamps into this but I am hooked!
No...not the REST of your life...but loading the info will save time when you are searching for something specific. Set aside a time to work on X number of stamp sets OR X number of minutes per day. That's what I did...I took pictures on my phone, Accessed the program later & typed information from my computer keyboard and then added tags later.

The paid version of Evernote I have will do a search of images that have words in them. THAT is one thing I love about the Paid version.

For instance, for Mother's Day, I was looking for a particular stamp set in the App, to locate it and use the "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment stamp for a greeting card I made awhile ago.

I searched "Mother's" and came up with 4 notes that had that particular word. For half of them, words or phrases that were written in an easily read font highlighted the word in the image. I've included screenshots of those two examples. The actual word is in a different color (orange) which helps me figure out what might work for that particular card.

The other two found the search phrase in the tags I listed. So out of the all the notes I have of everything on my Evernote pertaining to crafting: all my stamps, embossing folders, punches, & dies, I was able to locate the information quickly & complete the card.

THAT is worth the time and effort of tagging, taking pictures and upgrading to a paid version.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 02:55 AM   #93  
Gallery Gazer

Does anyone else have issues when saving images from the internet?
my problem is when I save an image from Stampin' Up! website, and put it into Evernote, looks fine on desktop windows pc, if I try to type info I can,
BUT I go in to do a correction its like I cannot tell where I am in the sentence when on ipad.
Sometimes this makes images or text smaller on iPad, sometimes image will be narrower if using evernote clipping, (also have issues if save to pc then transfer pic, as soon as I add text from internet or another image)

on the iPad when I scroll the note I can see a line at bottom and that's about as far as I can see where I am Typing, it's as though it some type of margin thing

Sorry this is very hard to explain but you hopefully will understand if you have had this issue, and I hope you know the solution
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 09:24 AM   #94  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
Thanks everyone for the tips. I finally managed to download the app onto my Mac. For some reason it wouldn't download to my iPad and I think because it's so old. I shall definitely be taking into account all of your tips and do it slowly. Thanks again and Happy day.
Jayne, if you're using the free version you're limited to two devices. I have it on my laptop and iPhone. Being able to check while I'm out shopping keeps me from purchasing duplicates.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #95  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

I do not have an ipad and I do not have the app in the kindle but,

I do have it in 2 PC's and one android phone.

and for saving other peoples photos of old things that I find on line or new purchases from stores, I tend to use the "snip it" that hides in your PC's accessories program choices. I do not know if there is a Mac equivalent or what it might be named. but, using that I do not see the photos change shape on me.

for really old things I use my first digtal camera that has you know a whole 4 mega pixels because, its a light weight and it's macro works pretty good for desk top perspective shots of old stamp index's. and then I just crop it way down to take out the table edges.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2018, 01:15 AM   #96  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I added the Evernote app to my iPhone today and thought I would start using it. I found it frustrating and went to some tutorials but most are on how to use it on a pc. We have a Mac.

I could create a notebook and a note but it wouldn't let me create a tag. I then thought I'd go onto the premium service.....which I'm now regretting but wanted to be able to access it when offline and I also thought I would need that so I could tag. I deleted my note and tried then to create a tag first but again it wouldn't let me.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and will keep ploughing along with it. I thought there would be a help icon or tutorial but not on the iPhone and I feel as though what you ladies are talking about and what I have are two different apps. :(

The steps I took were.....create note, take photo...so far so good....add tag...nothing :(

Any help is welcomed.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2018, 05:40 AM   #97  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

Jayne, I do not create tags with my phone and it shows a little less I think on the screen than it does on the PC. but, on a pc to create a tag, When I create a note I open it as a second box so it is sitting open above the whole evernote program. and then I type the mfg and the set name in the box where I paste a photo and then the line above this outside of that box where you type. you should see a title above the box ( it takes what you wrote in the box) then to the right of that is where the tags go. on a pc in pale gray is the words add tag... and if you click that you get a tiny pop up to put your tag word there, and if you have several of the same kind of thing as you continue along with new notes as you start typing one of your common tags ( stitched) for example it will start auto filling that word and you can just click the word and it will add that tag.

does that make sense at all?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #98  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jayne,

IPhone: at the top of the Evernote screen is an i in a circle. Click that to add tags.
Mac: the tag field is above the title and photo or text field.

Hope that helps some!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2018, 05:57 PM   #99  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

My tip (I am using a Mac): If I am entering stamp sets from the same brand, let's say Lawn Fawn, I enter the first set and all my tags. Then to enter the second set, I choose Note>Duplicate Note, I re-title the new note, delete photo and replace with photo of new set, and edit any of the old tags that are no longer applicable. I like to use a lot of tags for stamp sets, but many of them are generic. In this case, Lawn Fawn, stamps, photopolymer, sentiments would all be repeats I would keep in the duplicated note. I might have to delete birthday and add Christmas, but it cuts down a bit on the work involved and makes my tagging more consistent.
SaveSave
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2018, 07:02 AM   #100  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@Ozpom - check Youtube for Evernote for Mac videos. I know there's some, I've watched them. If you need links, let me know.

Also, there's the app on your Mac or you can use the web browser to open that version (on any computer actually).
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2018, 08:12 AM   #101  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Jayne, re tagging on iPhone, this will help: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/a...nize-with-tags

After you click the words Add Tag, you can type a new tag into the box and then hit return. When you look at the note you will not see the tag unless you click the little �i� in a circle to see more note details.

Once you have some tags in your inventory, when you click the tag icon on your phone the tag index will come up and you will have the choice to use an existing tag or create a new one.

I prefer doing all my note entries on my Mac and using my phone just to check supplies when I am at a store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2018, 01:53 AM   #102  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Friday ladies and thank you all for your comments/tips on Evernote and tags. I did go onto the app on our Mac and watched some videos and got a better understanding of it but unfortunately I haven't been able to get back to trying it again.

I'll give it a go this weekend. Thanks again and enjoy your day
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2018, 07:10 AM   #103  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Ladies, I'm about to ask what is probably a really stupid question here. When creating notes, for instance to catalogue your stamps, do you store one image per note, or all by the same manufacturer by note?
When I first set up Evernote, I stored all the stamps by one manufacturer on a note. That just became unwieldy. I'm thinking what I should be doing is having a note per design, then have notebooks per manufacturer? Does that make more sense? I don't want to start this again, and realise there are flaws with my system again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

When I first started, I took a few photos of the index pages in my notebook. That's helpful for old stamps that are lacking company information. But it doesn't work well anymore. Now I catalogue my stamps individually or by set if purchased as a set. I include the manufacturer in the tags along with the categories. I've got three notebooks, stamps, stamps words and verses and stamps landscape/scenic. I've only got 25% of my stamps catalogued so we'll see what happens as I continue. I don't have my embossing folder or die folder separated into any categories. I just use the tags and it's working well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #105  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
Hi Ladies, I'm about to ask what is probably a really stupid question here. When creating notes, for instance to catalogue your stamps, do you store one image per note, or all by the same manufacturer by note?
When I first set up Evernote, I stored all the stamps by one manufacturer on a note. That just became unwieldy. I'm thinking what I should be doing is having a note per design, then have notebooks per manufacturer? Does that make more sense? I don't want to start this again, and realise there are flaws with my system again.

I have several items as I see from your blog you do you too!
Nice cards and craft room btw!

I use notebooks, notes and tags

The way I sort my stuff is I have notebooks so I have a notebook called stamping supplies
Then I have other notebooks under the stamping supplies notebook
Examples of Notebooks- dies, embellishments, embossing folders, Ink, stamps, punches, tools

Within each notebook is a separate note for each item, (except my markers I listed all the 48 colours that are in one case just on One Note)

So under the stamps notebook which is inside of the staming supplies notebook are several notes
Each note contains one stamp set and is titled with the name of stamp set

Most of my supplies are from one company, which I have Created a tag for, I have a few other stamp-sets which I created a different tag for, for a different company, all my stamps are in the one Stamp notebook.
but if you really wanted your stamps sorted by company, you could create a note book for each company, Putting all your stamp sets as separate note underneath each of those notebook companies.
But they are also easy to find via tags.

For someone who is a demo that keep current and retired stamps, it may be a good idea to create tags of the current year, example 2018 and then you can just add the tag to that stampset because it might be current for more than one year, you don�t need a separate note of same item just a tag, then it�s easy to search your stash of current items with tags.

Then I tag all my stamp sets, and I have several tags, examples animals, butterflies, flowers, stars, etc. alphabet, numbers. design, baby, Christmas, Christmas inside message, snowmen
I use these tags for stamp Sets as well as dies, embossing folders etc.

I am with Stampin Up! So my embellishments are also tagged with colours.

You may not want to create a tag for every single image, in that case I type the name of the image, under the picture of the stamp set.
I have a couple stamps that are raccoons but instead of creating a tag called Raccoon, I just write the word raccoon underneath the stampset within that note. I am on the second plan for Evernote around $50 per year and it will search words, so I just search Raccoon. Actually it can even search words in an image, you may have to be connected to Internet though.

I do make A tag for any items I have several of, example butterflies, deer and moose are together. Again the tag can be used for stamps or dies or punches.

I have a huge list of tags, it is very useful!

You definitely Want a separate note for each item(set) you have.
And remember within each note underneath the image you can always type words or important information, such as a certain punch or die that matches your stamps, and/or you could even create a tag named punch-star and then tag that stamp set with it as well as the note created for that punch.

Hope this all makes sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2018, 12:29 AM   #106  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Ladies and thank you. That definitely sounds like what I should have done, to save myself the job of redoing it, lol.
Doris, thank you for taking the time to give me so much information. I think I have it straight in my head now how I should be using it. I reckon I made it unnecessarily complicated for myself.
I also didn't make as much use of the tags as would have been sensible. Oh well, every days a school day, rofl!
Thank you for the kind words on my cards, and stamp room. My youngest son- who admittedly was in his 20's when he moved out- had barely closed the front door and his old room was being stripped out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2018, 10:32 AM   #107  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doris BView Post
I have several items as I see from your blog you do you too!
Nice cards and craft room btw!

I use notebooks, notes and tags

The way I sort my stuff is I have notebooks so I have a notebook called stamping supplies
Then I have other notebooks under the stamping supplies notebook
Examples of Notebooks- dies, embellishments, embossing folders, Ink, stamps, punches, tools

Within each notebook is a separate note for each item, (except my markers I listed all the 48 colours that are in one case just on One Note)

So under the stamps notebook which is inside of the staming supplies notebook are several notes
Each note contains one stamp set and is titled with the name of stamp set

Most of my supplies are from one company, which I have Created a tag for, I have a few other stamp-sets which I created a different tag for, for a different company, all my stamps are in the one Stamp notebook.
but if you really wanted your stamps sorted by company, you could create a note book for each company, Putting all your stamp sets as separate note underneath each of those notebook companies.
But they are also easy to find via tags.

For someone who is a demo that keep current and retired stamps, it may be a good idea to create tags of the current year, example 2018 and then you can just add the tag to that stampset because it might be current for more than one year, you don’t need a separate note of same item just a tag, then it’s easy to search your stash of current items with tags.

Then I tag all my stamp sets, and I have several tags, examples animals, butterflies, flowers, stars, etc. alphabet, numbers. design, baby, Christmas, Christmas inside message, snowmen
I use these tags for stamp Sets as well as dies, embossing folders etc.

I am with Stampin Up! So my embellishments are also tagged with colours.

You may not want to create a tag for every single image, in that case I type the name of the image, under the picture of the stamp set.
I have a couple stamps that are raccoons but instead of creating a tag called Raccoon, I just write the word raccoon underneath the stampset within that note. I am on the second plan for Evernote around $50 per year and it will search words, so I just search Raccoon. Actually it can even search words in an image, you may have to be connected to Internet though.

I do make A tag for any items I have several of, example butterflies, deer and moose are together. Again the tag can be used for stamps or dies or punches.

I have a huge list of tags, it is very useful!

You definitely Want a separate note for each item(set) you have.
And remember within each note underneath the image you can always type words or important information, such as a certain punch or die that matches your stamps, and/or you could even create a tag named punch-star and then tag that stamp set with it as well as the note created for that punch.

Hope this all makes sense.
So I guess Virginia near DC is a little too far for you to swing by to do this for me (29 hours non-stop)... ;)

But I bet you could write a crystal clear book...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #108  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
So I guess Virginia near DC is a little too far for you to swing by to do this for me (29 hours non-stop)... ;)

But I bet you could write a crystal clear book...

Lol! Oh it�s a never ending task, I have been at it a few years, it�s worth the time, maybe if I�d quite buying stuff!

Bev Adams has files she shared at one time and maybe still does if you are Stampin up!
You can import without sharing tags, which is debatable As not everyone thinks the same
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2018, 04:23 AM   #109  
Rubber Obsessor

Here is MY best Evernote tip. Once I add an item to Evernote, I put a black circle label sticker on it. That way I know that said item has already been catalogued. This saves me from the confusion of looking at an item and wondering, "Wait, did I enter THIS one yet?" So when I have new supplies on my desk, its easy to see that I have not entered them in Evernote yet because there is no black circle on them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #110  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolishGirlView Post
Here is MY best Evernote tip. Once I add an item to Evernote, I put a black circle label sticker on it. That way I know that said item has already been catalogued. This saves me from the confusion of looking at an item and wondering, "Wait, did I enter THIS one yet?" So when I have new supplies on my desk, its easy to see that I have not entered them in Evernote yet because there is no black circle on them.
Love this tip! I�ve been known to miss entering new stamps in Evernote. One one think at first glance most would do this, but not me !
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2018, 07:24 AM   #111  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I love that trick too. I've been know to enter a stamp I've already entered!
Reply With Quote Likes