Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-27-2019, 08:27 AM   #15361  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

What are you ladies doing for Thanksgiving?

Bob and I had an opportunity to go to OK. His mom is up from Texas and will have all of her kids together... except Bob. I can't leave HB so we were all prepared to take him with then his oldest sister texted and asked if he was coming - not if 'we' were coming.

The 2 girls have a habit of excluding me. They always have. They both seem to think on a higher plane than the oldest (Bob) and the youngest (Dean) do. The other brother, (Paul) has always thought he was better than the rest of us. He's been to our houe 4 times in 36 years - 2 of those were to drop of dogs he no longer wanted. In spite of invitations, he's never been to our house here in MO.

so Bob said, that confirms it. We're staying home. I was just fine with that. I wasn't ready to spend 2.5 days being ignored and watch my youngest SIL gush over her new house. She is a 'look waht I have' kind of person. This is the same SIL who won't come back to my house because I didn't have a shade on my bathroom window and would be afraid of 'criminals' lurking in my timber. LOL

Bob and I will enjoy a peaceful day eating foods we like and playing cards.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #15362  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,
Received 513 Likes on 357 Posts

https://images.app.goo.gl/oUxhZVknP6nv3DC79
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CollageMaker_20191127_151419177.jpg (32.0 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 03:43 PM   #15363  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving to my stamping friends!

Kelly, I'm just not sure about not working anymore. I would really like to promote my genealogy skills more and try to get more work in that area. I'm considering updating my resume to include my experience and my business on it. I haven't had anyone that I know of displeased with my services.

That sucks about your SIL. Too bad you can't all be together, but I understand not wanting to be around the negative attitudes.

Hi Vikki Jo.

Nancy, what's going on at your house for Thanksgiving.

I will be going to my sister's as usual. The whole crowd will be there. I am making sweet potato casserole, but my DD and I like it with cranberries on top. Also making broccoli salad. I have two vegan meats that I am taking for my DGD. One is a ham and the other is a roast. They are small and no one will want any except her family. I made some chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I was also going to make some lemon drops, but there is already going to be a ton of food. I'll make those later just for me. :mrgreen:

Some of us went to the movies today. We saw the Tom Hanks/Mr. Rogers movie. It was very good and poignant. Tom Hanks did a great job in his character.

Finished up one class exam tonight. I still have to respond to two discussion posts before Saturday night, but there isn't anything really to respond to yet.

Finished my work in my other class - Research. Just had to prepare my Research Log and, of course, do the research. I actually found one important piece of information today so that was good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2019, 04:01 AM   #15364  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

It’s been a busy week. Yesterday was baking pie day. My mom and sister are coming over today. We have been having Thanksgiving at our house since since 1999. Our numbers have dwindled over the years. My FIL is in Virginia still and he is 91 so he doesn’t come anymore.

Kelly, I hate family drama. You and your husband will have a nice day together. My SIL lives far away and I am glad she can’t spend the holidays with us. She’s another one that makes everything about her.

Hubby and I went to see Ford bs Ferrari last weekend. I knew when I saw the trailer he would want to see that movie (even though he knew the whole story) and sure enough he dragged me to see it. LOL. It was a good movie though.

Maggie, what are lemon drops? Is it a type of cookie? I might need to investigate this. Just the name and the word lemon sounds yummy. That would be really cool if you could make a new career out of genealogy research.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2019, 08:29 AM   #15365  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

I got the tree decorated and I need to get some other decorations out.
I am almost done with Christmas shopping.

I need to work on Christmas cards.

Have a good week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #15366  
Quacker Stamper

Hi Nancy,

Glad to hear that your tree is up and decorated. I am not putting up a tree this year since I won't be home for Christmas and my kids will not be coming here before that.

My DGD had a birthday yesterday, but we were at my sis's house for dinner so it wasn't really her birthday dinner celebration (my DD said). We are celebrating her birthday next Sunday which is okay because we had cake yesterday and will have more cake next Sunday. The following Sunday is my DD's dad's family Christmas party. I was kind of invited, but not sure I want to go. This is a family that had nothing to do with me while my Ex was living, so I don't really feel inclined to celebrate with them. I have gone to lunch a couple times with a few of them. Then the Sunday after that my sister and I go to see TSO with 3 of her DGS's. The day after that I head to my DD's in CA for Christmas.

I'm looking forward to that because hopefully both of my DGD's will be there. The one will be coming there on the Saturday after Christmas. They may be moving back there soon. She has been interviewing with a company in the area and was home last week for an in person interview after about four phone interviews. She is now waiting to receive the actual offer to see if they will give her the salary that she wants. If they do, then they will come to CA after Christmas to do some house hunting. I'm so excited for them because this is their dream and didn't think it would happen for another year or two.

I need to get started on shopping also and finish up some Christmas cards too. I was working on a project that I hope to finish too before Christmas. I am making a few sets of note cards. I wanted to give some to my DD's and DGD's (at least the ones that will use them).

School semester is almost done. I have to finish up one more project for my Research class this week and then that will essentially be done. I have an essay to write for my American Foundations class this week and then an exam next week and then a final exam the last week. So far I've been keeping the grades up to an A, so I hopefully will end up with an A in both classes, but will get at least a B.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2019, 09:58 AM   #15367  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

It’s been a busy week. Yesterday was baking pie day. My mom and sister are coming over today. We have been having Thanksgiving at our house since since 1999. Our numbers have dwindled over the years. My FIL is in Virginia still and he is 91 so he doesn’t come anymore.

Kelly, I hate family drama. You and your husband will have a nice day together. My SIL lives far away and I am glad she can’t spend the holidays with us. She’s another one that makes everything about her.

Hubby and I went to see Ford bs Ferrari last weekend. I knew when I saw the trailer he would want to see that movie (even though he knew the whole story) and sure enough he dragged me to see it. LOL. It was a good movie though.

Maggie, what are lemon drops? Is it a type of cookie? I might need to investigate this. Just the name and the word lemon sounds yummy. That would be really cool if you could make a new career out of genealogy research.
They are actually called Lemon Curd cookies. Not sure where I got the recipe from. They make kind of a shortbread cookies, put an indention in the top and after you cook the cookies, you put a dollop of lemon curd in the center. Yummy, I love lemon.

We went to see A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood last week and all really enjoyed it. My SIL went to see the Ford movie on Saturday and my DD went to see Maleficent 2. I was happy to have a day to myself, so I stayed home and made some cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2019, 02:32 PM   #15368  
Stazon Splitcoast

HI girls.
Checking in.

Bob and I had a quiet day at home. We ate, watched TV, played cards and Triominos. Our kind of day.

Bob left on Dec. 3rd and I've been trying to work on the house/ studio ever since.
The bathroom is decorated but the outside decor is hitting bumps. Weather. We were to be 57* today... we hit 49 with gloomy/ damp weather. Bob did get the big wreath hung before he left but I have yet to unpack the remote control box for it.

Most of my Christmas shopping is done. Did that yesterday.. when I should have been home hanging the decor 'cause the weather was nice. Today was supposed to have been a repeat so figured I'd be good to go to the craft fair and get a jump on the Christmas shopping while I was in town. Oh well. LOL

I have a couple things to finish up tomorrow then I can stay home till Friday when I mail everything. I'll have baking for the kids to do mid-week for their box then I can worry about the gift trays next week.

I'm still trying to organize. I have a scrap rack order due in next week so I can file away the rest of the Mixed Media. Hoping the tree can go up by the weekend.

Best news is that HoneyB won't have to have the surgery. Doc said if it's not slowing him down any then the surgery really won't make a difference. Going to start him on glucosimine. And his liver enzymes came down to normal so the supplement really did the trick. Glad he doesn't have to stay on that. The dang thing is $70 for a months supply!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2019, 03:18 PM   #15369  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like you'll be busy in the days leading up to your trip, Maggie.

Thanks for the reviews on Mr. Rogers' movie. I wanted to go see it yesterday but I was wiped out and jsut wanted to come home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #15370  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
HI girls.
Checking in.

Bob and I had a quiet day at home. We ate, watched TV, played cards and Triominos. Our kind of day.

Bob left on Dec. 3rd and I've been trying to work on the house/ studio ever since.
The bathroom is decorated but the outside decor is hitting bumps. Weather. We were to be 57* today... we hit 49 with gloomy/ damp weather. Bob did get the big wreath hung before he left but I have yet to unpack the remote control box for it.

Most of my Christmas shopping is done. Did that yesterday.. when I should have been home hanging the decor 'cause the weather was nice. Today was supposed to have been a repeat so figured I'd be good to go to the craft fair and get a jump on the Christmas shopping while I was in town. Oh well. LOL

I have a couple things to finish up tomorrow then I can stay home till Friday when I mail everything. I'll have baking for the kids to do mid-week for their box then I can worry about the gift trays next week.

I'm still trying to organize. I have a scrap rack order due in next week so I can file away the rest of the Mixed Media. Hoping the tree can go up by the weekend.

Best news is that HoneyB won't have to have the surgery. Doc said if it's not slowing him down any then the surgery really won't make a difference. Going to start him on glucosimine. And his liver enzymes came down to normal so the supplement really did the trick. Glad he doesn't have to stay on that. The dang thing is $70 for a months supply!
I haven't played Triominos in ages. My DGD and I used to play it a lot when she would come sleep over. It was funny. She called it Try On the Nose. :mrgreen:

I still haven't hung up my door wreath. I do have two poinsettias. I need to get a new tree anyway so not putting any decorations up. It takes a lot of time and I don't really have any between now and Christmas. We are having our Christmas here on the 20th. I did get all my shopping done and gifts are being delivered here and there.

So glad to hear that HoneyB does not have to have surgery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2019, 08:57 AM   #15371  
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #15372  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #15373  
Quacker Stamper

Had a great Christmas. My DD spoiled me and had a fun time with the family and got to talk to my DGD who is in Arizona right now, but will be joining us on Saturday. Played fun games, ate lots of food and enjoyed the day. Glad we didn't have to go out because it rained a lot. Only got to the high 50s here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 09:54 AM   #15374  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy New Year!
I should be back in here regularly again. I have a place to work again. I still have work to do in here but I'm making progress. After 4 years I'm finally able to do some things in here the way I intended.

I'm continuing to work on stuff here as well as spend time with Bob. I let him know I'm back to work on most things next week.. the first full week of 2020.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #15375  
Stazon Splitcoast

Any GOALS for 2020?

One is to have my Christmas cards made and out on time, as well as other Christmas things I totally missed this year because i was focused on the studio while Bob was gone.

One way is that I will be starting the Reindeer Club on my blog/ YouTube channel. What's that you ask? The 25th of the month is dedicated towards something having to do with Christmas.
Making cards/ decorations
Testing new recipes you want to add to your holiday
Making your gift list and planning ahead

I hope you'll join me.

So what's on your 2020 list of things to accomplish or do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #15376  
Quacker Stamper

Hard to believe that it is 2020. I remember when all the talk was about the Millennium and the year changing from 1999 to 2000. It's been 20 years since then. Praying that 2020 will be a good year and a good start to the new decade for all of us.
I've been working in my craft room also trying to get it organized and all cleaned up. At least now, I can walk from the door to my chair without almost tripping over something. It's looking pretty good. I still have to get my tables cleaned off and things put away.

Kelly, I may take you up on your YouTube challenge. How do I find it? I'm hoping to get some Christmas gifts made throughout the year. I've started making some cards from a few SU kits that I purchased last year and maybe even the year before that I haven't worked on. I did work on one kit the last couple of days. There are birthday cards and tags in the kit. I'd like to give a set of All Occasion cards to each of my DD's and at least two of my DGD's. One I don't think would appreciate them or use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 01:36 PM   #15377  
Quacker Stamper

Can't believe school starts next week. From all I hear the start date is Wednesday Jan. 8, but some think it will be Monday. I'm still getting emails that say the 8th, but it usually starts on Monday, so we'll see how that turns out.

I have a Houston Genealogical Forum meeting on Saturday. Did I tell you guys that I volunteered to be the Recording Secretary. They were desperate and I decided that since I'm not working I could get more involved. There is a template to use for the Minutes, so it won't be hard to do. I just need to make sure I'm at all the meetings.
My DD in CA is over the moon. Here oldest DD is moving back to CA next month. She has been offered a job there and has accepted. She and her DH were there for a few days after Christmas and went house-hunting. I have seen on FB that they have found a house and that closing will be by the end of this month. Her DH will be able to work from home on the project that he has been heading up. After the project is completed, they'll decide if he gets to continue working for that company or if he'll look for something in CA. He received his MBA this past year, so he has lots of qualifications and credentials.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #15378  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls!

So has school started in earnest, Maggie? What is on the class schedule for this semester?

You'll be great in your new position. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #15379  
Stazon Splitcoast

So quiet here. 
I know I've been absent but I've been preoccupied with getting the studio done. Im making progress every day while getting work done and writing the new book.

Bob went back to work on the 14th. he'll be gone 2 more weeks so not a lot of time left for me to finish up the big projects. 

Sitting here watching the snow fall. Our first real snowfall this winter
How is everyone?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2020, 01:51 PM   #15380  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi girls!

So has school started in earnest, Maggie? What is on the class schedule for this semester?

You'll be great in your new position. 

Oh, yes, quite so Kelly.. Started on the 8th. I'm taking Research Methodology part 2 and Genealogy as a Business. I would not have taken the 2nd one but it is required for my degree so here I am. I don't think it is geared to my small home-based business, but I guess I am learning a few things. We have 7 projects in the Methodology Class. I did pretty well on the 1st one as far as my research. I have not gotten a grade back yet on my report. I did spend too much time on it, but that was because of the way our instructor wanted us to prepare our research log.

Well, I may be great if I can get to a meeting where I'm supposed to take notes. We had one scheduled for last Thursday at 5:30 p.m. right in the  middle of rush hour traffic. Should have taken me about 40 minutes to get there so I left an hour ahead of time. Ran into a lot of heavy traffic on one of the freeways I had to take. As I was approaching an intersection to change freeways, I looked down and saw that my coolant light was lit up RED and the gauge was all the way up to HOT. Of course I pulled over to the shoulder and called AAA. Never made it to the meeting. Next morning had to have AAA come and tow it to the dealer since it was too late to do that the previous evening. Well, I went and picked the car up on Tuesday. No repairs. They could not get the car to replicate what had happened. Nope. Everything looked good and no leaks. So now just hoping it was a fluke or maybe they tightened something that was loose when they were looking at it. Don't know. I am glad to have it back. Even though I had a 2020 Malibu rental, I like having my own car.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #15381  
Quacker Stamper

One crazy thing is that I have caterpillars!!!!!!! More than a dozen of them. What??????? It's the middle of January. Not supposed to have these guys until March. Luckily, I had some milkweed that I was wintering over for the spring. Not much, but enough to get me through a few days. I called all of my nurseries, and two of them have some gallon size pots of milkweed so I'm going to go tomorrow to look at them and get some so these guys will have something to eat. I also saw some eggs on some of the other plants that are not in my hutch. Last year I mostly had them in the early Spring, so maybe this is what they will be doing now.  I know my niece had caterpillars all through the Fall so maybe these came from her garden.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2020, 01:58 PM   #15382  
Quacker Stamper

I am going some work for a client (not paying, he is a member of my Ward, although not an active member so I don't know him). My Bishop contacted me to see if I could help him with a couple brick walls. We talked yesterday and he gave me access to view his ancestry tree. I told him I was in school and would not be able to devote a lot of time right away to it, but I did start doing some searching last night. Not sure if I'm going to be able to help him much since records do not seem to be available for the time and place he is needed to be searched.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2020, 06:28 AM   #15383  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls. Going to back read Can't be that far.

Maggie, I'm so glad the damage wasn't worse to the Ward and members. We've had reporst on our news but not heard what caused the explosion. Hve your local news given any details?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2020, 06:31 AM   #15384  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! early start to spring?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2020, 06:33 AM   #15385  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. 
Nancy, are you okay? Missing your smile over here :-) 

I wanted to work on stuff for the Etsy shop over the weekend but ran out of glue! Seriously.. what paper crafter does that?! LOL

I'm off to HL to pick up some to tide me over til I my next SU order then I'll get it there.  Then the rest of my week will be split between getting stuff ready for the shop opening on Feb. 1 and my new book. I'm FINALLY making progress on this story. 'bout time if I'm to make the deadline to release.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2020, 06:37 AM   #15386  
Stazon Splitcoast

I signed up for a 5-week course last week called Publish To Profit. The author leading the class pulls in a 6-figure income from her indie publishing. She is the main supporter of her household. I've been with her on YouTube for over a year and I like her instructional style. While I know some of what she'll be teaching, I'm looking forward to more of the business modules beginning in week 2. Things I can't really learn on my own without taking time away from actually writing my books and making money with them.  

She does a live Q & A on FB every Thursday and I told Bob whether he is home or not I will be attending those in case szomeone asks a question I hadn't thought of. besides, for what i paid for this course I'm not missing a thing! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #15387  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi girls. Going to back read Can't be that far.

Maggie, I'm so glad the damage wasn't worse to the Ward and members. We've had reporst on our news but not heard what caused the explosion. Hve your local news given any details?
Hi Kelly, I heard some talk on the radio this morning as I was driving to my dermatologist appointment. They used some type of liquid polypropylene in their manufacturer of parts they made. It is said that one of the men who died in the explosion had talked to his GF right before it happened when he arrived at the plant and told her he smelled something funny, so it is thought that there was a leak of the liquid and some kind of spark set off the explosion, but they don't know what that was. Don't know if they'll be able to find out since the building was leveled.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2020, 03:08 AM   #15388  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning
Just heard from Bob. He left work yesterday but after checking the radar, decided to stop in Springfield IL for the night. Map doesn't look much better this morning.

I'm slowly getting stuff put away here, though my studio doesn't even begin to look like it. If I could have had one more month off of work....

yeah, that's not going to happen.
I have been getting more writing time in. I'm determined this book will release on time and I'm finally in touch with the story so that helps a lot.

We've not gotten any of the snow most people have. We did get 1" of rain yesterday. Sadly, Bob is gtting the snow to drive home in. 

So ready for spring. My daffodil and Naked Lady fronds are popping through but they don't mind the cold. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2020, 04:59 AM   #15389  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good morning
Just heard from Bob. He left work yesterday but after checking the radar, decided to stop in Springfield IL for the night. Map doesn't look much better this morning.

I'm slowly getting stuff put away here, though my studio doesn't even begin to look like it. If I could have had one more month off of work....

yeah, that's not going to happen.
I have been getting more writing time in. I'm determined this book will release on time and I'm finally in touch with the story so that helps a lot.

We've not gotten any of the snow most people have. We did get 1" of rain yesterday. Sadly, Bob is gtting the snow to drive home in.

So ready for spring. My daffodil and Naked Lady fronds are popping through but they don't mind the cold.
Glad that you are getting your studio all organized. I wish I had the time to do that. Even when I do, it's not long when it is a mess again. Good luck with getting the book done.

Yesterday was a good day for school work. I have to do a project on someone who lived in this area. I decided to use my former boss's family. I had already done a little bit of research on them about a year ago. I went to the county archives and found two deeds and two map plats of the homes where the ancestor lived. Then I went to the cemetery. It was so quiet. No one there. I was very lucky though because they have the map of the cemetery online so I was able to find out where the graves were that I wanted to see. I never would have found them without that map. The place was huge. It was kind of cold out and misty, but I was able to get done what I needed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2020, 10:24 AM   #15390  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post

Hard to believe that it is 2020. I remember when all the talk was about the Millennium and the year changing from 1999 to 2000. It's been 20 years since then. Praying that 2020 will be a good year and a good start to the new decade for all of us.
I've been working in my craft room also trying to get it organized and all cleaned up. At least now, I can walk from the door to my chair without almost tripping over something. It's looking pretty good. I still have to get my tables cleaned off and things put away.

Kelly, I may take you up on your YouTube challenge. How do I find it? I'm hoping to get some Christmas gifts made throughout the year. I've started making some cards from a few SU kits that I purchased last year and maybe even the year before that I haven't worked on. I did work on one kit the last couple of days. There are birthday cards and tags in the kit. I'd like to give a set of All Occasion cards to each of my DD's and at least two of my DGD's. One I don't think would appreciate them or use them.

Happy belated New Year!

So right, time sure has gone by fast. Even this year is flying by. I can’t believe it’s almost the end of February.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2020, 10:28 AM   #15391  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Good morning. 
Nancy, are you okay? Missing your smile over here :-) 

I wanted to work on stuff for the Etsy shop over the weekend but ran out of glue! Seriously.. what paper crafter does that?! LOL

I'm off to HL to pick up some to tide me over til I my next SU order then I'll get it there.  Then the rest of my week will be split between getting stuff ready for the shop opening on Feb. 1 and my new book. I'm FINALLY making progress on this story. 'bout time if I'm to make the deadline to release.

Hi Kelly!

Time has just slipped through my fingers. I can’t believe how much time I let go by before swinging by to say hello.

I am trying to get back into managing my time better so I can do all the things I want to do. I have gotten better at planning dinner for the week so I only have to go to the grocery store once a week instead of running around every three days to get stuff.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2020, 10:46 AM   #15392  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies! Sorry I have been MIA. 

It’s to have gotten busy around here. Doing what I am not sure. I guess just a lot of little things going on.

It’s going to get busy next month. DH has a few business trips. Spring Break is at the end of the month and I will be just me and the kids at home. DH will be gone for most of that week.

My father in law (who will be 92 in June) decided to sell his house and move into one of those assisted living type places. The kind where you live in a independent living cottage or apartment and can move into assisted living when your health starts to fail etc. I guess he doesn’t want to wait until his health fails then do something. He just went on a cruise after thanksgiving and he still drives etc. His house sold in a week and now we need to go out there to pick up about dozen boxes he wants to give us and anything else we want from the house. 

Sounds like you guys are keeping busy. 

Maggie you class is keeping you super busy. I am glad you are enjoying it and working with people on the family history. That’s great your grand daughter and her husband and moving back to CA. I hope they are close by your daughter. Crazy you have caterpillars already.

Kelly, it sounds like your craft space is finally coming together. I need to go clean mine and try to schedule time in mine. I might have to actually put it on the calendar! Good luck with your publishing class. I hope you can get some useful info from it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2020, 11:49 AM   #15393  
Quacker Stamper

Hi Nancy, good to see you here. Yes, I know how time can get away from you. This has been a busy week, well, a busy semester. I have no time management skills. I get caught up in a project and just work away on it whether I have time on it or not. We are supposed to complete a project in 18 hours, but it never works out that way. The project I turned in last night (an hour before it was due) was a self select. That means I got to choose someone from H Town to do a project on so I could go to a local repository to look up records. About a year or so ago, I started working on my former boss's family so I chose him and his family to do. His line only goes back to his great grandfather, and we don't even know his given name. On his grandfather's death certificate, it had a B for his given name. His grandfather immigrated from Russian Poland in the late 1800s. With what I found, I was able to bring the family down to my boss, so information on only three generations. I also went to visit the cemetery where his father and mother are buried. She was killed in an automobile accident in 1977. I want to research that and see if there is a newspaper article about the accident.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2020, 05:35 AM   #15394  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning. This week is a little less stressful. My interview with my instructor went well. I didn't have any questions to ask her so it was over in about four minutes. I'm setting up a telephone call on Thursday with one of the students in my Genealogy as a Business class. It's role playing. Then I have to write up a few short paragraphs about that experience. I have a lot of free time. We are now 1/2 way through the semester.

The kids came over for dinner on Sunday. I made Minestrone soup. Turned out great. I added some vegan sausage in it. It was almost like a stew.

Made some yummy brownies using avocado mush for the oil. Couldn't taste  it in the finished brownies.Very rich and yummy. Then the grands picked Clue to play. When I got my cards, 1 person and 3 weapons, I figured I didn't have a chance, but ended up winning! I kind of felt sorry for my DGD because she also figured it out. Her turn was right before mine. By then I also had figured it out and we both just needed the chance to get to the center to look in the envelope. Then it was my turn and I had the dice roll and the back up extra cards to get there first and win the game. I never win this game so I was really surprised.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2020, 05:45 AM   #15395  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies.
Bob is loading up the truck then we'll have breakfast before he gets on his way.
Maggie, could I get that brownie recipe, please? I have an avocado I need to use.
Will go back and read what I've missed. We have been on the run so much the past two weeks. Ugh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2020, 05:50 AM   #15396  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hi Kelly!

Time has just slipped through my fingers. I can’t believe how much time I let go by before swinging by to say hello.

I am trying to get back into managing my time better so I can do all the things I want to do. I have gotten better at planning dinner for the week so I only have to go to the grocery store once a week instead of running around every three days to get stuff.

Prep-planning is a good idea. I've set my menu planner back up. I want to try and do a crock pot recipe once a week for my blog - and to simplify my week. Probably Monday's since that's my busiest. I also post AirFryer Friday as I try to figure out whether or not I like this Emeril 360 oven.
So far, the air fryer part is not y fav. Maybe it's just the southern girl hidden in me somewhere LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2020, 05:53 AM   #15397  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay.. I still can't click the little arrow and bring up a chat window. I have to go all the way to the bottom. for Quick Reply.

So - Full disclosure. My office is far from finished. I've made progress in areas but still a long way to go. I have a cart being delivered today to store journal kits in as I gather the items. Bob put my Etsy cart together last week so as I gather the store business items, I can put them in the cart out of my way.

But... my blog post today over at LivingThroughWeightloss shows my project for probably the next 2 weeks. I'm determined this WILL get done!

Living Through Weightloss and Beyond: FLY LADY - The Office!

Wish me luck! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2020, 05:55 AM   #15398  
Stazon Splitcoast

Maggie, your search sounds interesting. Shame you only have a 'B' on that certificate. Doesn't help much. LOL

My sister has started back on our dad's side of the family again. She did find our 2x great grandmother.
And for some reason our dad listed his sister in law as his wife on the prison records. I'm thinking that is so she could visit, maybe?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2020, 07:57 AM   #15399  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good morning, ladies.
Bob is loading up the truck then we'll have breakfast before he gets on his way.
Maggie, could I get that brownie recipe, please? I have an avocado I need to use.
Will go back and read what I've missed. We have been on the run so much the past two weeks. Ugh!
I hope Bob does not get caught up in all the storms crossing the US this week.

Here is the recipe. It is quite easy to make.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup pureed or well-mashed avocado
1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil. I don't like to use these in baking, so I use a blend of canola and olive oil (comes that way).
1 cup white whole wheat or all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I like Hershey's dark)

3/4 cup cane sugar (or granulated sugar)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup water (she also uses a combo of 1/2 cup coffee and 1/4 cup water, but since I don't drink coffee, I just used water)
1 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (you can use whatever kind you like)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
In large mixing bowl, whisk together the pureed avocado and oil until smooth. Add in flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, salt, and water. Stir until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared pan and spread batter. Sprinkle with the rest of the chocolate chips. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. I had to bake mine for about 5 minutes more. Just make sure to start testing at 20 minutes and then keep adding additional minutes until done.

Remove and let brownies sit for about 20 minutes before cutting. Can store for 3 days if they last that long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2020, 08:09 AM   #15400  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Prep-planning is a good idea. I've set my menu planner back up. I want to try and do a crock pot recipe once a week for my blog - and to simplify my week. Probably Monday's since that's my busiest. I also post AirFryer Friday as I try to figure out whether or not I like this Emeril 360 oven.
So far, the air fryer part is not y fav. Maybe it's just the southern girl hidden in me somewhere LOL
I did purchase an AirFryer Pro back in September. I didn't use it much at first because of the holidays. Busy with family at Thanksgiving and then away for Christmas. I did make a couple things in it for the Astros' playoffs and it worked great. I really liked it. In January when I had the kids coming over, I wanted to use it to make baked potatoes. I had an issue with it and I couldn't get it to work, but then it finally did thank goodness and dinner turned out great. But then the next time I tried to use it, I had the same issue where the panel lights would not come on. They blinked when I plugged it in, but then went off and I could not get them on so I could use the machine. I called Tristar who manufacturers it and they were no help. The lady told me just to throw it away and get another one. What!!!!!!!!! Yep. After that I saw a post on FB about the Air Fryer Pro and posted a comment about my concerns. Someone from AFP responded and wanted me to send it back and they would send me a new one. I wanted them to send me the new one and then I would send back the old one. There is only a 60 day warranty on this machine so by the time mine died, it was out of warranty. I did not want to throw good money after bad so I declined their offer to first send mine back. No way of knowing if they would refurbish mine and send it back to me as being new. I ended up taking it to the trash dump. I did purchase a new one, but NOT an Air Fryer Pro. It is by Chefman. It's a little smaller than the other one, but I'm looking forward to cooking with it. I haven't had the chance to yet, but I bought a few Air Fryer cookbooks, so I better get started.
Reply With Quote Likes