Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #441  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnvalView Post
Don't feel too bad Kathy...I'm still waiting on mine too! Each week that goes by the thrill is less and less. I kinda think that is why they snag us in with the pre-orders w/ the charge=your-card-now and no cancel agreement that we have to click on in order to pre-order. Glad that I am not alone.

I kinda wanted the Zutter Bow-it-All b/c it has the feature where if you do a cheater bow and tape it on the back of your panel. your no longer have to adhere your bow to the ribbon your can make your bow attached to the strip you are going to tape. Hope that makes sense. WELL...It is pre-order (Card will be charged now and no cancel policy) I have to abstain b/c I have learned my lesson!
The thrill is still there for me.... patiently waiting, just thought maybe some who have theres might drop by here for some updates on how they are doing with theirs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #442  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh No!!! Now I'm tempted to pre-order a Bow-it-all! LOL.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #443  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am sooo excited. I just realized that Monday starts April and that gets me closer to my envelope punch board!! Woo Hoo....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #444  
Rubber Obsessor

I am in the first order for stamping scrapping. They have placed five orders. The update on shipping says end of March - May depending on which order you are in. It is the end of March ! April starts Monday. It is getting harder every day to wait.I want it now! Boy do I sound like a little kid.I have paper cut and ready to go as per all the suggestions on the correct A2 measurements on this thread. Can hardly wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #445  
Crimping Master

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
The thrill is still there for me.... patiently waiting, just thought maybe some who have theres might drop by here for some updates on how they are doing with theirs.
Hi Kathy! I'm still loving mine and have made a dent in those unwanted dp's. I haven't been back on here as I feel bad for those who pre-ordered so long ago. I really don't understand the hold-up with them!? I didn't e-mail for a corrected measurement chart as it isn't a big deal to me. So I'm hoping everyone gets their envie maker soon and I can't wait to hear their reviews:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #446  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Kathy, sending encouragement for you and all the others waiting (patiently, or impatiently) for the envelope punch boards!

I'm still loving mine so much. I had some darling yellow polka dot paper that I found at Big Lots in a pack for only $1.00 for about 25 sheets. It was a good brand of paper, and a super bargain.

Well, I made 24 darling envelopes with yellow polka dots inside for my Easter cards. Whipped them out in no time flat, and they looked so cute with my cards inside.

The wait will be worth it, I promise!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #447  
Proud Fan Club Member

Those Easter envies sound so adorable! April is on Monday!!! Not as long a wait now, so I'm beginning the countdown! LOL Thanks for coming back to keep my excitement up! You too, Julie!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #448  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I was so excited about this product when I first heard about it. When I told one of my daughters about it, she said don't be silly. You have several different style envelope options on the Cricut.

I thought it would be easy to use Design Studio to adjust the size for each envelope size I wanted and then I would simply be able to cut out the envelope and there would be no need to buy a new tool. Well, I've been working on that little project off and on for a month and I can't figure it out!! If there is an easy method to size envelopes, I just don't know what it is. I asked for help in another thread and it sounds like most everyone is a bit baffled at how to do this. One Youtube video said just sort of guess and it works great. I don't know what I am missing but it is not working great for me. I was so hoping someone would have a formula or a chart made, but iI haven't found one. Now I am back to wishing the boards would show up in stores soon! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #449  
Crimping Master

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I was so excited about this product when I first heard about it. When I told one of my daughters about it, she said don't be silly. You have several different style envelope options on the Cricut.

I thought it would be easy to use Design Studio to adjust the size for each envelope size I wanted and then I would simply be able to cut out the envelope and there would be no need to buy a new tool. Well, I've been working on that little project off and on for a month and I can't figure it out!! If there is an easy method to size envelopes, I just don't know what it is. I asked for help in another thread and it sounds like most everyone is a bit baffled at how to do this. One Youtube video said just sort of guess and it works great. I don't know what I am missing but it is not working great for me. I was so hoping someone would have a formula or a chart made, but iI haven't found one. Now I am back to wishing the boards would show up in stores soon! ;)
I don't know when they will show up in stores. I hit HL and JA's yesterday as well as the Lss and none had them. Go figure! Hopefully some will arrive soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #450  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

So would it be easy to figure out envelope sizing on the Silhouette? My Cricut is all set up and ready to go at a moment's notice, so that would not be a problem for me personally. But anything Cricut/Design Studio Provocraft is notoriously difficult and non-user friendly. I have been wondering if another program/cutter would make easy work of this task. I am not opposed to spending the time to figure out the envelope sizing and then save it to a file, but I just never could figure it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #451  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

So would it be easy to figure out envelope sizing on the Silhouette? My Cricut is all set up and ready to go at a moment's notice, so that would not be a problem for me personally. But anything Cricut/Design Studio Provocraft is notoriously difficult and non-user friendly. I have been wondering if another program/cutter would make easy work of this task. I am not opposed to spending the time to figure out the envelope sizing and then save it to a file, but I just never could figure it out.
I don't have the Cricut or Silhouette, but it seems to me that even if you could cut the envelopes out easily, you would still have to be pretty fussy about scoring them in the right place to fold them. And would the machine round the corners nicely like the new punch does? I still vote for the Envelope punch.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #452  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I pre-ordered from Flamingo Scraps. She just sent me what I think is a thoughtful email. She said the mfgr will not send them to her until Jan. 21st instead of the expected date of Jan. 16th. I thought that was nice of her. So many times I've pre-ordered and you never hear that the shipment was delayed in the first place. You're just left wondering what the delay is.

Thank goodness, "wants" are different from "needs." I can wait, and I do have a few envelopes hanging around I can use until then.:mrgreen:

And, Barbara, I have ordered from StampingScrapping and was happy with the service.
I just ordered from Flamingo Scraps, though I am not familiar with this company. I really want the envelope maker and felt reassured when I saw I could charge it to my American Express card (they have excellent customer service and a reputation for going to bat for the customer) So seeing your post makes me very happy I took a chance on Flamingo Scraps. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #453  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

First person who gets word that this slow boat from China has docked and the Envelope Punch is close to being in our antsy hands please alert everybody!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #454  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
First person who gets word that this slow boat from China has docked and the Envelope Punch is close to being in our antsy hands please alert everybody!
Mine (with updated measurements) arrived yesterday from OMC.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #455  
Stazon Splitcoast

Will do. I still have one pending with Flamingo Scraps. After I pre-ordered there, a wonderful friend found me one someplace else. I plan to sell my pre-order when it comes.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #456  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I would think the Silhouette might be somewhat easier than the Cricut because you can reshape with the Silhouette pretty much at will. You would have to know the measurements for each size, and then score it after cutting. It would shape the corners also.

For me, though, since you are usually working with a single large sheet for each envelope, the punch board is probably easier and faster.

I have a SIlhouette I use often and a Cricut I haven't used in quite awhile. I've never used the Cricut craft room.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #457  
Inking Addict

I left a reply before that I ordered and rec'd my envelope punch from Bluemoon Scrapbooking. Scott is great to deal with....he sends orders out right away and shipping over $50 is free. But......the measurements are wrong and the ones on line that are supposed to be corrected are not right either which I do not understand. I just spent some time figuring out my own measurements and it works well and is easy to use. What I don't understand is why would you put out a product without testing and knowing the measurements were right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #458  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just Googled "We R Memory Keepers Envy Punch faults" and this page came up! Hello fellow SCS'rs! I am on SCS too. (obviously I am writing here)...I ordered my Envy Punch from OH MY CRAFTS got a discount on it ($2 off) and they are not promising to ship until April (this week or next). But the reason I Googled to begin with was because I overheard that the first batch of envy punches came out incorrectly? Did they fix it and replacing the bad punches or just sending an email with the corrections? I'd return mine and wait until they fix the problem if that is the case--I want that measurement chart right there in my face! Anyone know?

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #459  
Stazon Splitcoast

7 kids college fund and Absolutely Everything, Topsfield, MA (my LSS) is taking orders for the envy punch too...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #460  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just researched the Envy PUnch...got the updated info from "craft Test Dummies dot com"....so I am good...

They (WRMK's) sends out an updated sticker to slap on the incorrect measurements and a larger paper version (for those who need to see (MOI!)...so I am good!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #461  
Rubber Obsessor

Arrow

Soooooo disappointed. Stampingscrapping is where I pre ordered. I ordered on Jan 17. They have changed the date again. As of Sunday it was end of March to May. On Monday it changed again to end of April to May. This is the fourth change. I am so sorry I ever ordered this. I can not get a cash refund or I would cancel. Never will order there again nor any pre order. Sorry just needed to vent a little. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #462  
Matboard Maniac

Please know that you are not alone Cynthia. Mine was ordered the day after yours from them so I am still behind you! I too am very disappointed.
Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #463  
Kookie Creator

What a Shambles this company is! First it cannot get it's product right, then it cannot produce enough. In the uk I have only heard of one shop having it and they only had about 20. I reckon 2014 for us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #464  
Cardstock Collector

I saw this item featured on HSN. It's nice to see the manufacturer demo their own products. HSN has a lot of presentations of scrapbooking/card making tools (recently had a 24-hr. craft marathon). I never see the We R Memory Keepers tools in Jo-Ann's or Michaels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #465  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Believer2View Post
I saw this item featured on HSN. It's nice to see the manufacturer demo their own products. HSN has a lot of presentations of scrapbooking/card making tools (recently had a 24-hr. craft marathon). I never see the We R Memory Keepers tools in Jo-Ann's or Michaels.
My Michaels carries some of their stuff. They have the Sew Easy and accessories I know for sure. I almost jumped on the band wagon for those earlier, but since they got to the stores so late, I ended up with a real sewing machine, so the Sew Easy was no longer needed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #466  
Cardstock Collector

Default We R Memory Keepers Tools

When I said I had never seen their tools in Jo-Ann's or Michaels, I mostly talking about the larger items.....Lucky 8 punches, their new 4-pack punch set that has matching border punches (recently demo'd on HSN), spiral binder, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #467  
Proud Fan Club Member

Today is mid April!!!! Mine should be shipping any day now!! Woo Hoooooo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #468  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Today is mid April!!!! Mine should be shipping any day now!! Woo Hoooooo

Kathy, I think about you every time I use my punch or see it in my craft room.

I just used several envies I had made to send out some birthday cards. You are going to love it so much. Hope it comes this week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #469  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Kathy, I think about you every time I use my punch or see it in my craft room.

I just used several envies I had made to send out some birthday cards. You are going to love it so much. Hope it comes this week!
Me too! Stalking the mail lady from here on out! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #470  
Matboard Maniac

Have you gotten any info that yours has been sent? I have not heard anything. Still waiting too! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #471  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Have you gotten any info that yours has been sent? I have not heard anything. Still waiting too! :(
No, no info yet. Just quoting from their website that it is to ship mid to late April....I will be posting here for sure if I hear anything....keep me posted on yours as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #472  
Mad Swapper

Still waiting too!! No really excited anymore though, :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #473  
Matboard Maniac

I was just on their web site and it say it is expected in May maybe sooner. I ordered Jan. 18th. and at that time they stated that it was expected to ship in early February. Do you remember that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #474  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

I was just on their web site and it say it is expected in May maybe sooner. I ordered Jan. 18th. and at that time they stated that it was expected to ship in early February. Do you remember that?
Yep, I remember. :rolleyes:

I thought I was being smart by waiting - which I did until the 3rd week of February when the email came that said "shipping next week" and something to the effect to order now or miss out on the free shipping. That's when this fish took the bait; 7+ weeks later, still swimming around with a hook in my mouth, LOL. I'm like the OP; just not excited anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #475  
Matboard Maniac

Ok you guys. I have been in contact with the owner of Stamping Scraping. I am ashamed to say that my original contact email was rather harsh and ugly regarding the delay of the shipment of this Envelope Board.

The owner, Cindy, replied rather quickly and I was humbled as I read her response.
She apologized for the problems that this has caused and explained how she is the only person who IS the company. She answers emails, fills orders, places orders, ships, the whole shebang! She is it...A ONE WOMAN SHOW! Also, the manufacture has pretty much "lied" (she did not use this word) to her. She also explained how her order, along with several other small LSS got pushed aside to fulfill the large HSN and Scrapbook.com orders. Her hands are tied. She said that in the 9 years she has been in business, this is the single most stressful thing she has had to deal with.
Furthermore, she shared, that she is dealing with all of this amidst a personal tragedy.
I can honestly say that I felt like the size of a sugar ant for being so nasty in my email. I did apologize but I thought that if any of your are still waiting for your order from this company it might be helpful to know what it going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #476  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry people are having to wait so long. I ordered from Frantic Stamper and was not even in the first list of pre-order customers. Fran kept the pre-order customers informed of the status of the arrival of the shipment. She got a shipment of the Board with the incorrect info on the guide. She offered those to pre-order customer or wait until the Board with the corrected guide. I decided to wait for the next shipment and I have had my Board for at least a month.

I hope, when you get yours, you will like it as much as I do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #477  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Ok you guys. I have been in contact with the owner of Stamping Scraping. I am ashamed to say that my original contact email was rather harsh and ugly regarding the delay of the shipment of this Envelope Board.

The owner, Cindy, replied rather quickly and I was humbled as I read her response.
She apologized for the problems that this has caused and explained how she is the only person who IS the company. She answers emails, fills orders, places orders, ships, the whole shebang! She is it...A ONE WOMAN SHOW! Also, the manufacture has pretty much "lied" (she did not use this word) to her. She also explained how her order, along with several other small LSS got pushed aside to fulfill the large HSN and Scrapbook.com orders. Her hands are tied. She said that in the 9 years she has been in business, this is the single most stressful thing she has had to deal with.
Furthermore, she shared, that she is dealing with all of this amidst a personal tragedy.
I can honestly say that I felt like the size of a sugar ant for being so nasty in my email. I did apologize but I thought that if any of your are still waiting for your order from this company it might be helpful to know what it going on.
Thank you for sharing your feelings in this honest post. I think a lot of the online stamp/scrapbook stores are just like this one, with only the owner and possibly family sometimes to take care of everything. These small businesses are totally at the mercy of the manufacturers and the big box and large volume stores.

I have ordered in the past from businesses like this, and am usually so pleased with the personal attention they try to provide their customers. I've received handwritten personal notes thanking me for my purchase, and little extra goodies. Glad you feel better about your order now that you know the circumstances.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #478  
Rubber Obsessor

I too ordered from stampinscrapping. Jan 17. I emailed Cindy also several weeks ago .I have gotten fast return emails. She even noticed we both have the same car . (1970 mustang she sent me a picture of hers, even same color.). At the time I was dealing with a family emergency myself and it was nice to be distracted by all the emails about car. I do not blame her or her company. Just very disappointed with WRMK. A large number of us have been very disappointed in the long wait and then hearing about the whole HSN thing . Not to mention all the errors in the board we have heard about. I was very excited in the beginning . Now I am just trying to forget about it all as much as possible until it shows up in the mail box. It was beginning of Feb . Then end Of Feb.Then end of March. Now End of April. I am in the first order according to Cindy. So will let you all know if I hear anymore or if it arrives. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 02:51 AM   #479  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Thank-you so much for posting this! I also ordered mine on the 17th or 18th of January too. It's a shame that WRMK are not holding up to their end and shipping these as they should have, thus we receiving ours within a reasonable time. Lesson learned, I will NEVER pre order anything again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #480  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've only pre ordered items twice-this and a kit that the seller had to refund me due to products being discontinued and not available to her. Guess I'm jinxed!
Reply With Quote Likes