Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nearly finished unmounting!

I started unmounting my stamps years ago, and never finished. (I haven't been able to get to the project, or stamp much lately).

I'm a "deer-hunting widow" this weekend and invited a close friend over for supper/stamping last night. She's not a stamper, but we sometimes get together to help each other with projects (I recently taught her to crochet towel toppers, for example).

We spent the evening in the kitchen. She stamped the stamps for the catalog/index I'm making and then I unmounted. Together we finished at least 75% of my stamps!

She had to leave because it was getting late, but she emailed me this morning...it's driving her crazy that we didn't get them finished & she wants me to bring them over to her house so we can finish!

What an awesome friend!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow! Awesome! Aren't you lucky!! Next time you get together they will be done! What's that saying more hands make the job quicker and smaller!

When are the guys going hunting again?

When you are done with yours you can both come over and help me! I'll make cookies and hot chocolate!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Lucky girl! That's a super friend you have, especially since she's not a stamper.
I'm still on the fence about unmounting. I like the cling mount stamps I have from SU, mainly because of the lower price, and that they take up less space. But I like the ones I have woodmounted too. So I haven't taken the plunge into unmounting.
I am giving serious thought to unmounting my wheels. I have quite a few, and rarely use them. I have problems with stamping them straight, and having the edges of the wheel touch down and messing things up. I've heard that people have less trouble with this when they are unmounted. I'm willing to give that a try. Perhaps that will help me decide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by nics_117View Post
I started unmounting my stamps years ago, and never finished. (I haven't been able to get to the project, or stamp much lately).

I'm a "deer-hunting widow" this weekend and invited a close friend over for supper/stamping last night. She's not a stamper, but we sometimes get together to help each other with projects (I recently taught her to crochet towel toppers, for example).

We spent the evening in the kitchen. She stamped the stamps for the catalog/index I'm making and then I unmounted. Together we finished at least 75% of my stamps!

She had to leave because it was getting late, but she emailed me this morning...it's driving her crazy that we didn't get them finished & she wants me to bring them over to her house so we can finish!

What an awesome friend!

I, too, am almost done unmounting and will be so relieved to have it all done!! I'm off this whole week from school and will have at least 2 whole days UNINTERRUPTED to finish unmounting and then start/finish my holiday cards!!! HOORAY!!!!

My motto for life: "Less is More"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys will not regret it! I have the majority of my stamps unmounted and am SO happy I did it! I can find what I'm looking for easier, I use what I have now -- love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I unmounted all my stamps, too, and I'm so glad I did that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just can't bring myself to do it. Maybe that's because I don't have a lot of stamps. Or maybe it's because I regret getting rid of the clam shell cases from my old sets that I purchased in 1996, when I first tried my hand at stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 05:24 AM   #8  
Inking Addict

Wow, what a great friend! That's a huge project to complete. I started mine, but I need to get more foam and sheets before I can do too much more. I should put that on my New Years Resolutions. I have thousands and it's going to take quite a while. Guess I could finish the ones on the foam....always do a little at a time.

Congrats on getting yours done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Thanks, StampingRealtor. I was originally going to do one set each time I changed a load of laundry (my stamp desk is in the laundry room). That would have taken a while, but would have been continued progress. I'm really glad we did it together & it's done! Honestly, I don't know if I would have pushed myself to finish without her help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

That's a wonderful friend you have! I unmounted my stamps last year, and just love the space savings it gives me. I think that's nice that she wants to finish unmounting them! How cool is that?! 8-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

Smile Unmounting....

Quote:

Originally Posted by nics_117View Post
Thanks, StampingRealtor. I was originally going to do one set each time I changed a load of laundry (my stamp desk is in the laundry room). That would have taken a while, but would have been continued progress. I'm really glad we did it together & it's done! Honestly, I don't know if I would have pushed myself to finish without her help.
Oh my, if I tried to switch over all the stamps to unmounting them when I did laundry it would never get done. My hubby loves to do the laundry so I let him at it. LOL! I just need to do what you did and sit down and get 'er done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

I finished unmounting about a year ago and have never looked back. The extra space I have is incredible. I don't miss my wood mounts at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2011, 03:38 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

I'm afraid. I would love the extra space, but I have some of that OCD going on and if they didn't come off perfectly, or I wasn't able to get the labels off of the blocks..I would be nuts. My friend is unmounting hers. I only buy clear mount now. I love the extra space, the fact that they're compact..etc, but hate the fact they don't always stay on my blocks. What to do, what to do.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I have unmounted about 95% of my stamps and shamefully we are talking thousands about 3 years ago.I was meticulous about it, and thought about what strategy I was going to use for cataloging and storage.

It took me months to doI have never regretted unmounting however I have regretted how I chose to catalogue my stamps, which was by theme rather then manufacturer.

It was just not working for me, as rather then a theme I found myself looking for a particular style of stamp, which I would have more easily found if I had catalogued by manufacturer.

I have now rearranged all my stamps into manufacturer but I have yet to start cataloguing all over again, and I think I am hesitant as I don�t want to do all the work only to change my mind again lol!How do catagloue your stamps, is it by manufacturer, theme, style, size?

Last edited by jukie; 11-29-2011 at 08:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes