Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2011, 06:42 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Going Wacky - Wacky Tape that is!

Can anybody give me a clue about how to use wacky tape? I bought some 8.5x11 sheets a few yrs back. I tried to use it the other day but when I peel the top layer back so I can lay my paper on it to apply the "tacky" to the backside, the tacky is gooey and sticking to both sides! I didn't think it would "go bad." What could be wrong with it, or what am I doing wrong? Any ideas? Thanks for any ideas, suggestions! Gabby
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

If I recall it's supposed to be sticky on both sides. You peel off one side of the tape, affix it to your piece (tag, flower, etc) and then peel off the other side to affix to your project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default What my Wacky Tacky is doing ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
If I recall it's supposed to be sticky on both sides. You peel off one side of the tape, affix it to your piece (tag, flower, etc) and then peel off the other side to affix to your project.
Hello and thanks for your reply. The way I think I saw it demonstrated is: you peeled back the paper side, which revealed a solid sheet of tacky. You layed your photo, die-cut or whatever you wanted to make tacky, onto the tacky and pressed it down. When you lifted it off, the bottom side of your entire piece was covered with tacky and ready to use. On mine, now, when I pull back the paper, half the tacky stays on the paper side (which to my recollection should not happen) and the other tacky is where it should be. Unfortunately, what is left on either side, is "splotchy" and random, thereby making it next to impossible to get the entire backside of a photo or whatever, tacky. I have some other sheets that are comparable to wacky tack. I bought them b4 I bought the WT, and they woek fine. I can't phathom that the WT is too old to work. But ... maybe it is?

Thanks to anybody for your opinion or advice on how to use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never used Wacky Tacky, but I do know that adhesive backed stuff can get old and lose its "stick". I have some foam dimensional squares that have paper liners front and back and they are also a couple of years old.

When I peeled the paper off one side, it still seemed sticky, but the opposite side is like you said, kind of splotchy and the adhesive didn't seem to be even. It doesn't hold worth a darn!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I've never used Wacky Tacky, but I do know that adhesive backed stuff can get old and lose its "stick". I have some foam dimensional squares that have paper liners front and back and they are also a couple of years old.

When I peeled the paper off one side, it still seemed sticky, but the opposite side is like you said, kind of splotchy and the adhesive didn't seem to be even. It doesn't hold worth a darn!
Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking I am using it correctly and that it's just past it's shelf life. They are out of business and to my knowledge, whoever it was that bought them out (K&Co maybe) doesn't sell the WT sheets anymore so I can't go to them direct. I should have used it long ago. Oh, well. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Yep, sound like it's no longer useable. I've started using up my older stuff for the same reason - past it's shelf life. I had stickers that no longer stick, embossing powders that no longer emboss, etc. : (
Reply With Quote Likes