Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tombo Mono & Zip Dry problems

I used Tombow Mono to attached 3 layers of an image. One for the image and two others as matting. I wanted to use a liquid adhesive so I would have the time to adjust the layers and make sure they were even.
When it dried it had a concave buckle. I put in under some heavy books and two days later it is still not flat

So I bought some Zip Dry because I read it will not wrinkle or buckle paper.

The instructions are to remove the white flat cover, snip 1/4" from the applicator tip and attach it to the bottle. However, only store it with the flat white cover. My problem with the Zip Dry is when you remove the applicator tip and put the flat white cover back on the bottle there is still some adhesive in the applicator tip. That adhesive dries in the applicator tip and makes it unusable the next time. :confused:

How are you storing your Zip Dry?
Thanks!
Barbara
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I always take off that tip and put the screw on cover back of the bottle.

I keep a paperclip ( unbend it or you can use a straight pin) in my supply box just for cleaning out the tips of bottles like Stickles, Glossy Accents and the Zip Dry tip.

It's not too scientific ;) but it works for me. Tacky glue is another one that gets that dry glue stuck in the tip.

Maybe this would work for you?:confused: Give it a try and see, I guess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I let my ZipDry sit upright for a little bit after using it so the glue runs back into the bottle and out of the nozzle end. Then I put the cap back on and put it away. Its a bit of a pain, but it is a very good glue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 02:20 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a paper piercer with a long, thin pointy end - after the glue dries in the tip, I just stick the piercer kind in from the end of the tip that screws onto the bottle, kind of along the side of the tip, and when it's almost to the tip, I start twisting the piercer. The dried Zip Dry pulls away from the plastic tip and sticks to the piercer - and often makes a very satisfying popping noise when it lets loose. Most of the time, I'll blow thru the screw-on end of the tip and make sure the air comes out the tip just to make sure it's all the way clear.

This works with a corsage pin, too - but the paper piercer is easier to maneuver. Also, it only really works if the glue in the tip is completely dry.

When I use up a bottle of the glue, I keep the tip - that way I have a couple of backups if I want to start gluing again before the glue is all the way dry in the previous tip. Also, I've been known to accidentally cut the tip open a little further down than I'd like, so it's nice to have spares that I know have tiny little openings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks !
So if I understand this correctly, first let the bottle sit a while so as much glue as possible falls back into the bottle .
Then remove the applicator tip and let the glue dry in it. Put the white flat cap on the bottle.

When the glue is fully dried in the applicator tip use a pin or piercing tool to remove the dried glue.

I will try this thanks.
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #6  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
Thanks !
So if I understand this correctly, first let the bottle sit a while so as much glue as possible falls back into the bottle .
Then remove the applicator tip and let the glue dry in it. Put the white flat cap on the bottle.

When the glue is fully dried in the applicator tip use a pin or piercing tool to remove the dried glue.

I will try this thanks.
Barbara
Just be sure not to keep the metal pin/piercing tool in the nozzle as it will eventually rust. Most of my liquid glue bottles have hairpins taped to the bottles. Masking tape works great as it can be re-used multiple times and still have enough stickiness to hold the pin.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

When I'm done using ZipDry I put the bottle down upright on the table, squeeze it so any excess comes out the top, and put the cap on! I never take the nozzle off and this method works for me..
Reply With Quote Likes