Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU digital downloads

Will SU digital downloads work in Microsoft Word? I don't have or want MDS, because I don't scrapbook, but I could use the digis on cards, if they are like other digis.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

The downloads are essentially JPEGS so they can be used wherever you can insert/use a JPEG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Location: SW Coast of FL for 12 years, Fayetteville NC before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mztamelaView Post
Will SU digital downloads work in Microsoft Word? I don't have or want MDS, because I don't scrapbook, but I could use the digis on cards, if they are like other digis.
What are SU digital downloads and where do I get some??? I don't have Microsoft Word, but have Vista's word processor and that is what I use for sizing my digis. I don't do scrapebooking either. I hope I can send you a PM as I just realized we have something more in common. Joan How do I send a PM???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

SU digis are wonderful. I just downloaded my first sets last week and finally had time to play with them this weekend. Here's one I did with the July 4th set. Patriotic Birthday by cindy501 at Splitcoaststampers

I manipulated my images in Microsoft Publisher but I'm sure you can use it in Word and as Colleen mentioned above they are JPEGs so can be used with a variety of photo editing or publishing programs. I look forward to doing more with the digital images. Some techniques you can't do but the digis have their own benefits too especially when you are short on space to store stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Location: SW Coast of FL for 12 years, Fayetteville NC before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy501View Post
SU digis are wonderful. I just downloaded my first sets last week and finally had time to play with them this weekend. Here's one I did with the July 4th set. Patriotic Birthday by cindy501 at Splitcoaststampers

I manipulated my images in Microsoft Publisher but I'm sure you can use it in Word and as Colleen mentioned above they are JPEGs so can be used with a variety of photo editing or publishing programs. I look forward to doing more with the digital images. Some techniques you can't do but the digis have their own benefits too especially when you are short on space to store stamps.

Hi Cindy, love your July 4th card, but still wondering where the SU digi download stamps are, still trying to find my way around here. ;) Hugs Joan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOTRhobbitView Post
Hi Cindy, love your July 4th card, but still wondering where the SU digi download stamps are, still trying to find my way around here. ;) Hugs Joan
Hi Joan...Try this link. It should take you to the SU on-line catalog page with the digital stamp sets. http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemL...categoryID=558
At check out, You will have to select a demonstrator to purchase the digital images so you will be directed to find your demonstrator or locate your demonstrator to finalize your purchase. I did it and it was real easy. I do however think you need some type of publishing program because I could not change the color of the image in Word like I could in Microsoft Publsher.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2010, 01:29 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

They won't work for me.:(:confused:
Quote:

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Red face SU Digital Download problem

Hi, I could use some help. I downloaded three SU digital downloads and I can open them and use them in Microsoft Word (newest version). They are .png formatted and for some reason, under picture format feature, the "recolor" option is not available. I also tried with photoscape program and again, colorizing was not possible.

Does anyone have a solution to this short of buying a very expensive publishing software program?

Thank You,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 04:00 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by inksitefulView Post
Hi, I could use some help. I downloaded three SU digital downloads and I can open them and use them in Microsoft Word (newest version). They are .png formatted and for some reason, under picture format feature, the "recolor" option is not available. I also tried with photoscape program and again, colorizing was not possible.

Does anyone have a solution to this short of buying a very expensive publishing software program?

Thank You,
Most times if downloadable images I've seen and purchased before from other companies are line drawings, which are great for coloring with markers, etc. but some of the Stampin Up images are solid and if you want to change the color it does present a challenge. Short of as you say buying an expensive program, you may want to consider checking out this free publishing program that I found on line. http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/sof...plus/index.asp.

I do not vouch for this program as being a safe download or do I know how to use it but it is a good option and probably something I would choose to use if I needed a publishign program. I do currently use other free downloaded software such as Picassa to manage my photographs and a sound player for my work as a transcriptionist and have not had any problems so there are some good free software out there. My only recommendation before downloading would be to make sure your virus and malware software is running and up to date.

These images can really be enjoyable and your point is very important as I am in the process of becoming a demo for SU and plan on directing some of my customers to the downloaded images but I should probably check out the program I mentioned to you and learn how to use it so I can offer it as an option to them. If you decide to go this route please come back and post and let me know how it worked for you.

I hope this was helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I use Paint.net, which is a free program that can be downloaded off of the internet to re-color and make the digis the way I want them before printing them out. There are lots of tuts on Youtube that will walk you step by step on how to use it too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by inksitefulView Post

Thank You,
You might give Paint.net a try. I use it and it is a free download. Youtube has a lot of tuts on how to use it as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

I have to say that I downloaded the free software for PagePlus Starter found here: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ and played around with it with my Stampin up digital images and found it extremely easy to use. This is definitly a good option for changing the color and size of your images to suit your creative needs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I have to say that I downloaded the free software for PagePlus Starter found here: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ and played around with it with my Stampin up digital images and found it extremely easy to use. This is definitly a good option for changing the color and size of your images to suit your creative needs.
which one did you download...there are several to choose from. Thanks
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricecheckView Post
which one did you download...there are several to choose from. Thanks
it is the one called pageplus starter edition. Hope that helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 12:37 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

it is the one called pageplus starter edition. Hope that helps
Thanks, in the meantime I downloaded Gimp. Not sure how to use it though. I'll see if I can find help on YouTube.com. I'll go back and look for pageplus starter edition.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

I have the SU digital scrapbooking program and am wondering how you "manipulate" an image and use it somewhere else. I am new to this digital scrapbooking stuff and am not sure what I am doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by vances53406View Post
I have the SU digital scrapbooking program and am wondering how you "manipulate" an image and use it somewhere else. I am new to this digital scrapbooking stuff and am not sure what I am doing.
All you need to do is export it as a jpg. As I recall the option to choose is down in the righthand lower corner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh my word...this opens up a whole new world for me! Thanks for the info!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Thanks so much for sharing the information about the free programs!

I've been wanting to have something to use with the digi stamps but can't afford to buy an expensive program.

WooHoo!! Now I can see all kinds of possibilities!!

~Tammy~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2010, 04:58 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

A free program that I use is Paint.net. It is a lot like Photoshop Elements, with several free plug ins that you can download making it possible to do whatever with your images. There are also lots of helpful tuts on YouTube for this program.
Reply With Quote Likes