Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stamping on a Budget

Hello Stampers,

First of all, my name is Danielle. I live in Central Alaska. I have a big problem. My husband and I have decided to create a budget... This is all right before my cousin, who is my BEST friend in the WORLD, asked me to do her Baby Announcements. She's due on March 11th (her first baby and it's a BOY, YAY) and i have NOTHING for the announcements ready. I dont have any stamps (which i'm getting strictly from Stampin' Up! because I'm a demonstrator) paper, or ink... I used the last of my paper for the Christmas parties that I demonstrated at... The only stamps that i have right now are christmas and the ink pads i have... well, i dont have much. I'm wanting to spend no more then $300.00 on EVERYTHING i need to make 50 identical cards. Any ideas of what i can do?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2010, 03:53 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Good morning Danielle, I don't have any ideas for you but wanted to say Hi, if you look around the gallery you may get some wonderful ideas. Hope you like us enough to stay. Gerry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

Question Thank you

I have looked through the Gallary and have seen some WONDERFUL ideas that i like... i just dont know what stamp sets to use...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think you have to use a "baby" set but maybe small animals or have you seen the 'onesie' card. Those can be paper pieced and/or embossed. I made a baby card with bunnies sitting in flower pots (not SU I know). Good luck with this. I don't think you are going to need 300 to make 50 cards. I am making 100 wedding invites with two colors of card stock and vellum cardstock and it is well under 100.00 with ribbon.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome from snowy England

I've just recently finished making Baby Shower cards and the Gallery here is great for inspiration and ideas. There's lots of nice stamp sets out there and perhaps you can work on a theme? Have a look at the IBC and I'm sure it'll give you some ideas to work with and what stamp sets are available. If you're limited with ink pad colours, perhaps get together with your upline/SU friends and borrow supplies?

Hope this helps,

Alex

12.29pm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 04:54 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

How about using the cute giraffe from the new Fox and Friends set? this isn't a baby set but could be used this way and then you'd have the rest of the set for other occasions.

To save money, you can use just one quarter sheet of cardstock -- it doesn't have to be a "card" that opens. Stamp the giraffe on the cardstock. type the shower info on vellum and adhere with a ribbon.

I think gingham ribbon would be darling!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I think Joan's idea is great, using the quarter sheet with gingham ribbon. I don't think you will need anywhere near $300. I saw this card in the gallery a couple of weeks ago, she used a giraffe stamp, it is stamped on blue paper and embossed white, looks sooooo cute! Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Up AlaskaView Post
I'm wanting to spend no more then $300.00 on EVERYTHING i need to make 50 identical cards. Any ideas of what i can do?
That would give you a budget of $6 per card - I'm sure you don't need to spend anything like that much to make cute announcements that your cousin will be thrilled with! You could try looking for CAS (clean and simple) designs in the gallery since if you're making 50 you probably don't want anything too complicated to make. I think Joan's idea of using a non-baby set so you have it for other occasions too is great.

Good luck and have fun coming up with your design and making the cards!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes